New Batches at TathaGat Delhi & Noida!
XAT '15
by Lokesh Sharma - Friday, 4 September 2015, 12:58 PM
  Dear XAT '15 aspirants, note that the registration for XAT '15 has begun. Xavier Aptitude Test or XAT is the gateway to the prestigious XLRI, which is the best in Asia for MBA in HR and also is one of the best options for general MBA i.e. BM programme. Also, it is recommended that you apply to its another sister college XIMB. A few other worthy colleges accept XAT score for admission to their MBA program. They are :-
FORE
IMT
MICA
KJSOMAYA
Wellinkar
TAPMI
SPJAIN
IRMA
GIM

Kindly read the contents of the below link thoroughly to know the exam pattern, important dates, registration process, form submission, contact details, previous years' XAT papers and FAQs before you start the registration process. In case of any query which is beyond the information mentioned int he link, post it here under this message and I shall reply to it.

http://xatonline.net.in/index.aspx
Re: XAT '15
by Jatin Bansal - Saturday, 5 September 2015, 05:55 PM
  Sir, please help me in applying for the courses in XLRI. I want to be an entrepreneur. So, please tell should I select both HRM and BM or only BM ??
by Shivam Bindal - Sunday, 6 September 2015, 09:48 PM
  Sir,

There is no information regarding calculation of 10th and 12th class percentage as to how many subjects are to be included. If best 5 (including 1 language) are to be considered for class 10th then which one shall I include to calculate the % (I had both Hindi and English as language subjects in 10th class).

Thanks
by Lokesh Sharma - Monday, 7 September 2015, 03:56 PM
  Query: Sir, please help me in applying for the courses in XLRI. I want to be an entrepreneur. So, please tell should I select both HRM and BM or only BM ??

Answer: Apply for both
by TG3761 Delhi - Monday, 7 September 2015, 03:57 PM
  Hello Sir

I am not able to discern the difference between PGDM(BM), PGDM(Global BM) and PGDM(GM). Please guide what should be our preference order.
by Lokesh Sharma - Monday, 7 September 2015, 03:57 PM
  Query: Sir,

There is no information regarding calculation of 10th and 12th class percentage as to how many subjects are to be included. If best 5 (including 1 language) are to be considered for class 10th then which one shall I include to calculate the % (I had both Hindi and English as language subjects in 10th class)

Answer: In the link that I have attached with the first message to this thread it is clearly mentioned that all subjects that a student had in 10th are to be included.
by Lokesh Sharma - Monday, 7 September 2015, 03:59 PM
  Query: I am not able to discern the difference between PGDM(BM), PGDM(Global BM) and PGDM(GM). Please guide what should be our preference order.

Answer: If you do not have work experience, then fill just BM and HR. Other courses require work experience of 3 and 5 years. Read the information in the link provided.
by Lokesh Sharma - Wednesday, 9 September 2015, 10:41 PM
  Query: Dear sir

I have filled XAT 2016 form stating myself working with the same organisation till march 2016. but now i am planning to change my job for a better opportunity. will that create any problem at the time of GD PI as i wont be working with the same firm as stated in my application form. i have same doubt about NMAT too. will it create any problem??? can i update my details at the time of GD PI

Answer: Was it specified that you have ti fill in your work experience till March 2016? as far as I recall you just had to mention your start date and your end date, in which I entered the date on which I filled the form.

If it was mentioned that work experience has to be extrapolated till March 2016 then do not worry, one would assume that he/she will continue working and a job change or even job discontinuation would not lead to any disqualification. However, post exam when they ask you to fill a fresh form, you will have the option to revise the work experience details.
by Lokesh Sharma - Wednesday, 9 September 2015, 10:43 PM
  Query: Dear Sir,

This is regarding XAT registration form.

In XAT, there is a field called "Work Experience (if any) as on 31st March 2015" and options of "Yes/No" are given against this and further, details of experience are asked in which one needs to provide organization, designation and duration. So, am I supposed to fill duration upto March 2015 or just duration till date?

Also, there is another field in which "
Total Work Experience in Years" is asked and following 3 options are provided against this.

0 To 2 Years 2 To 5 Years 5 Years and above

So here also, am I supposed to fill the total experience by March 2015 or just the experience till date?

Thanks,
Rupali

Answer: If they have asked the work ex til 1st Match 2015 then in both places, extrapolate your work experience to 31st March 2015 and answer accordingly
by anirudh bhardwaj - Wednesday, 9 September 2015, 11:07 PM
  Thanks sir and yes they have asked for work in experience details as on 31st march 2016
by Lokesh Sharma - Saturday, 12 September 2015, 12:00 AM
  Thanks for updating us. smile
by abc 123 - Thursday, 17 September 2015, 01:39 PM
  Sir, I have used the 'Offline Cash' payment method for registration. Even after entering the required information from the challan into the 'Update Payment'option, the payment status is still in the 'Pending' status. Three days have passed since I did the update. Do I need to get in touch with the administration, or shall I wait for some more time? Thank You in advance.
by Lokesh Sharma - Friday, 18 September 2015, 12:35 PM
  Query: Sir, I have used the 'Offline Cash' payment method for registration. Even after entering the required information from the challan into the 'Update Payment'option, the payment status is still in the 'Pending' status. Three days have passed since I did the update. Do I need to get in touch with the administration, or shall I wait for some more time? Thank You in advance.

Answer: I have no idea about offline payment option. I suggest you get in touch with the administration/exam cell. Better to be safe than sorry.
by abc 123 - Saturday, 19 September 2015, 01:55 PM
  Hi Sir,
Thank You for the reply.
I did get in touch with them via email and they have resolved my issue.
by Lokesh Sharma - Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 03:26 PM
  Awesome!
Global Business Management (GBM) Programme
by TG3217 Delhi - Saturday, 3 October 2015, 10:31 AM
  Sir, should I apply for the GBM programme of XLRI? It's the one that is in partnership with institutes of USA and China.
Re: Global Business Management (GBM) Programme
by Lokesh Sharma - Saturday, 10 October 2015, 05:18 PM
  Query: Sir, should I apply for the GBM programme of XLRI? It's the one that is in partnership with institutes of USA and China

Answer: Naah...leave it.
by TG3217 Delhi - Friday, 23 October 2015, 08:02 PM
  Okay, thank you Sir!

Sir, XIMB college offers courses MBA-Business Management, MBA-HRM, MBA- Rural Management, MBA- Sustainability Management, MBA- Global and Master of Science in Finance.
Which of these is XIMB good for?

Also, in the application form of XIMB, they ask the applicant whether they want to apply through CAT score or XAT score for each degree programme. What should be chosen there?
by Lokesh Sharma - Tuesday, 3 November 2015, 04:22 PM
  Query: Sir, XIMB college offers courses MBA-Business Management, MBA-HRM, MBA- Rural Management, MBA- Sustainability Management, MBA- Global and Master of Science in Finance.
Which of these is XIMB good for?

Also, in the application form of XIMB, they ask the applicant whether they want to apply through CAT score or XAT score for each degree programme. What should be chosen there?

Answer: XIMB is famous for its BM and HRM courses so fill only these two. Rural Management is a niche specialization for those who intend to work in and for rural areas. Apply for RM only if you are of that bent of mine.

You can apply through either CAT or XAT and for any programme of theirs, they will have both a CAT cut off percentile and a XAT cut off percentile. If you apply via CAT then you must have scored same/more than their CAT cut off percentile for their programme. The only benefit of applying via both CAT and XAT is that now if you clear the cut off in any one of these exams, you will get a call for that programme.
by TG3374 Delhi - Wednesday, 16 December 2015, 11:40 AM
  Sir,
How should I prepare for the 'general' GK that will be asked in XAT? I have been reading Arihant's Current Affairs.