New Batches at TathaGat Delhi & Noida!               Directions to CP centre
CAT '15
by Lokesh Sharma - Thursday, 6 August 2015, 07:01 PM
  Dear CAT '15 Aspirants, kindly read the below mentioned information and that in the links attached here thoroughly before you post any query here. Once you have read the information in all the links, visit the link below to register for CAT 15 as the entire process of registering as well as payment of fees is online only. In case of any query beyond the information given below, kindly post it as a reply to this thread and be patient while you wait for its reply.

https://iimcat.ac.in/EForms/Mock/Web_App_Template/756/1/index.html?756@@1@@1#

Important Dates: https://iimcat.ac.in/EForms/Mock/Web_App_Template/756/1/PDF/CAT_2015_Schedule_2015.pdf

Nature of Exam and Contact information of IIM Ahmdabad's CAT exam cell: https://iimcat.ac.in/EForms/Mock/Web_App_Template/756/1/PDF/Draft_Media_Release-CAT_2015.pdf

Eligibility and reservation: https://iimcat.ac.in/EForms/Mock/Web_App_Template/756/1/PDF/CAT_Eligibility_2015.pdf
&
https://iimcat.ac.in/EForms/Mock/Web_App_Template/756/1/PDF/Selection_Process_2015.pdf

Programs to apply for: Apply only for the first program against the name of IIM in the list of IIMs in the link given below. However, for IIM Ranchi and IIM Tiruchirappalli students may fill the second program as well, if the registration process so allows.
https://iimcat.ac.in/EForms/Mock/Web_App_Template/756/1/PDF/Englishcolorad_22.07.2015.pdf

Re: CAT '15
by palak gupta - Friday, 7 August 2015, 09:37 AM
  Sir , if the 10 th standard result is in grades , then what to fill in 10th % column???
by Sahil Jain - Friday, 7 August 2015, 01:20 PM
  Sir,

I have been working for the past 15 months (post graduation) with my father and have been assisting him in research work for new product lines. Does this count as relevant work experience?

(This is not just a CAT specific question, but rather for every possible admission form that an MBA-aspirant has to fill. So, sorry if I posted this on a wrong thread)

by himanshu goel - Friday, 7 August 2015, 01:28 PM
  SIR, AMITY UNIVERSITY IS NOT THERE IN THE LIST OF UNIVERSITIES SECTION.
NOW HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO FILL THE FORM?
by palak gupta - Friday, 7 August 2015, 03:39 PM
  Sir,

In the form it has been mentioned that for 12th and 10th marksheet aggregate of all subjects should be mentioned irrespective of board rules. Should I count the marks of additional subjects also i.e aggregate of 6 subjects ??
The addition is lowering the % to 69.83 % from the 70% mark.
by sahil mittal - Friday, 7 August 2015, 05:15 PM
  sir i have filled all the courses of all IIM's please tell me that will there any problem because of this.
I am worried.
by gaurav sharma - Friday, 7 August 2015, 10:11 PM
  Sir,

My work ex is as follows:

1st company: 5th august 2013 to 25th oct 2013
2nd company: 11th nov 2013 to 31st july 2015(for cat)

Please suggest what should I fill as my work ex (in months)?

reply asap. Thanks in advance smile
by Mridul Gupta - Friday, 7 August 2015, 11:40 PM
  Sir, CAT has explicitly specified that the photograph uploaded should not be more than 6 months old. So, do we need to upload the photograph with a date written on it (to verify that it's not more than 6 months old)?
by Lokesh Sharma - Saturday, 8 August 2015, 06:55 PM
  Query: Sir, CAT has explicitly specified that the photograph uploaded should not be more than 6 months old. So, do we need to upload the photograph with a date written on it (to verify that it's not more than 6 months old)?

No. Just upload one that looks like the present you. The rationale behind '6 month' thingy is that your photo and your real face at the venue should match!
by Lokesh Sharma - Saturday, 8 August 2015, 06:55 PM
  Query: My work ex is as follows:

Fill the combined work ex. No matter how many months you work with an organisation, as long as you can produce the work-ex letter and as long as it was a full-time, paid job with a registered company after you completed your graduation, it gets counted as work experience.
by Lokesh Sharma - Saturday, 8 August 2015, 07:05 PM
  Query: I have been working for the past 15 months (post graduation) with my father and have been assisting him in research work for new product lines. Does this count as relevant work experience?

(This is not just a CAT specific question, but rather for every possible admission form that an MBA-aspirant has to fill. So, sorry if I posted this on a wrong thread)

Answer: This is the most relevant thread for this question. Does you father own a company in whose name a work experience letter can be prepared and you can be shown to be on their payroll (monthly salaried)? If yes then you may enter this as work experience.

However, if this assistance is something that you did to help your favour in your personal capacity and your father is simply employed with an organisation/ doing some independent work then obviously this does not count as work experience. For any further clarification or follow-up query please contact me in-person.
by Lokesh Sharma - Saturday, 8 August 2015, 07:13 PM
  Query: sir i have filled all the courses of all IIM's please tell me that will there any problem because of this.
I am worried.

Answer: Yes, there is a possible scenario where there could be possible scenario where your filling all the courses could lead to some inconvenience for you. For example, in case you score a percentile which is not high enough to get a call from IIM -A for its flagship PGP program but high enough for its ABM program, then even if you do not want to join this program, you will have to go to Ahmdabad and appear for its interview as not going for this interview will be counted as 'No Show' and you will automatically be disqualified for all lesser IIMs even if your percentile is high enough to get calls from them . this was the procedure that they had followed till last year. The rationale is that if you are not interested in the top IIMs, then you would certainly not be interested in lesser ones!

Don't worry, in such a n eventuality, the only inconvenience would be that you would have to go to Ahmdabad and appear for the interview. If lucky, your visit to Ahmdabad may coincide with some local festival!
by Lokesh Sharma - Saturday, 8 August 2015, 07:18 PM
  (This one is the commonest)

Query: Sir , if the 10 th standard result is in grades , then what to fill in 10th % column??

Answer: Different exams and colleges follow different approach to this. CAT clearly specifies that a student must fill the aggregate of ALL THE SUBJECTS ON THE MARKSHEET. So if you had 6 subject, fill the aggregate of all 6, even if it means less aggregate than that of best 5. Aur lo Hindi/Sanskrit additional subject :P
by tanvi jain - Saturday, 8 August 2015, 07:44 PM
  sir,
we have our 10th class marks in CGP system
they have asked for our
1)aggregate percentage
2)total marks obtained
3)maximum marks obtained
how should we proceed further
by Lokesh Sharma - Saturday, 8 August 2015, 08:24 PM
  Query :SIR, AMITY UNIVERSITY IS NOT THERE IN THE LIST OF UNIVERSITIES SECTION.
NOW HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO FILL THE FORM?

Answer: Amity jaana bhi mat. It is not worth applying. In case you are simply in live with the University, go to their website and seek details.
by Mridul Gupta - Saturday, 8 August 2015, 10:11 PM
  Sir, we had the CGPA system in 10th standard. So, I guess we'd have to multiply our grade point by 9.5 and then give the percentage?
And the marks are in grades. Also, aggregate cgpa is written on the marksheet itself (excluding the additional subject). So, shouldn't we follow what is written on the marksheet?
by Priya Sharma - Saturday, 8 August 2015, 11:20 PM
  Sir
I have mistakenly filled PGPBM PGPHRM Programme of trichupalli. But while going through the eligibilty criteria i saw 3 years work experience is required. Will there be any problem?
by jatin kumar - Sunday, 9 August 2015, 01:21 AM
  sir,in cat application form der z a option of ''serial no. of caste/tribe''. so sir cat z talking about which serial no.?
by Shivam Bindal - Sunday, 9 August 2015, 10:19 PM
  Sir

My B.Tech stream is Electronics and Communication Engineering but I've filled "Computer Engineering" in the CAT form as there was no option for ECE branch. Will there be any problem in the later stages?

I've also mailed this query to them but didn't receive any reply as of yet.
by rohit gahlan - Monday, 10 August 2015, 12:33 AM
  Hello sir.
I am a final year B.E. student.I have two questions regarding CAT application form.
1) Will the colleges, at the time of interviews, consider the graduation percentage submitted in the CAT form or consider updated percentage (including the marks of the semester, result of which has not been declared yet but will be declared, probably, before the interviews) ?

2) Students of my college have a provision to drop 3 subjects while calculating their aggregate percentage,both for on-campus placements and final result computation at time of completion of degree. Can I fill that percentage (after dropping) in my CAT application form too ?

P.S. It's a matter of change of bracket sad
Re: CAT '15 | Mistakenly filled incorrect percentage
by aman gupta - Tuesday, 11 August 2015, 12:01 PM
  Sir, I have filled my graduation percentage as 82% in my cat application and have submitted the form, but later I realized that my actual percentage is 80.94%. I have also mailed the cat authorities about this but they say to refill the application with a new email id and re register for cat 15. What should I do?
by Meghana Chavan - Tuesday, 11 August 2015, 06:28 PM
  Sir,
I had PCM + Computer Science in 12th.
Which discipline should I choose while filling CAT Form?
The given options are :
1.CS
2.Maths
3.Maths and Science
4.Other

by Lokesh Sharma - Tuesday, 11 August 2015, 06:59 PM
  Query :Sir, we had the CGPA system in 10th standard. So, I guess we'd have to multiply our grade point by 9.5 and then give the percentage?
And the marks are in grades. Also, aggregate CGPA is written on the mark sheet itself (excluding the additional subject). So, shouldn't we follow what is written on the mark sheet?

Answer: Different boards follow different approach to converting CGPA to percentage. The marksheet of most boards clearly mentions the formula to be followed for the same. CBSE marsksheets, for example, clearly states that CGPA is the average of grade points of all the subjects, including the additional subject. If someone gets 10 CGPA his % will be 10*9.5 = 95% out of total of 500 (for 5 subjects) or 600 (for 6 subjects).

Similarly, for a CGPA of 9.6, after multiplying CGPA, say 9.6 to 9.5, we get 91.2%. Now since this is percentage the total would be 100%. So one can keep the total marks as whatever figure it really was, in case of CBSE class 10 it would be 500( 100 for each of 5 subject) and also can calculate 91.2% of those marks by multiplying 500 with .912 and get the marks scored.

Also, the CAT eligibility criteria clearly states that one must take into account all the subjects mentioned in the marksheet to calculate the percentage obtained.

by Lokesh Sharma - Tuesday, 11 August 2015, 07:02 PM
  Query : I have mistakenly filled PGPBM PGPHRM Programme of trichupalli. But while going through the eligibilty criteria i saw 3 years work experience is required. Will there be any problem?

Answer: It should not have any repercussions. Even if you get the call for a course on the basis of your profile when you do not meet the eligibility criteria, you are required to fill a second form before you go for your interview for that course. You can either make amends there or simply choose not to fill that form and thereby forfeit your candidature.
by Lokesh Sharma - Tuesday, 11 August 2015, 07:06 PM
  Query: sir,in cat application form der z a option of ''serial no. of caste/tribe''. so sir cat z talking about which serial no.?

Answer: Unfortunately I do not know answer to this query as I did not encounter this question, nor can I think of a suitable way to approach someone to help me with this query. I suggest you write a mail or call the examination cell at IIM-A, the contact details of which are mentioned at the top of this very thread. Also, you may seek the guidance of a senior who took admission under some reserved category.
by Lokesh Sharma - Tuesday, 11 August 2015, 07:07 PM
  Query: Sir

My B.Tech stream is Electronics and Communication Engineering but I've filled "Computer Engineering" in the CAT form as there was no option for ECE branch. Will there be any problem in the later stages?

I've also mailed this query to them but didn't receive any reply as of yet.

Answer: No, it wouldn't be smile
You will fill another form post-CAT for each IIM that you get a call from. You can make amends there.
by Lokesh Sharma - Tuesday, 11 August 2015, 07:11 PM
  Query: Hello sir.
I am a final year B.E. student.I have two questions regarding CAT application form.
1) Will the colleges, at the time of interviews, consider the graduation percentage submitted in the CAT form or consider updated percentage (including the marks of the semester, result of which has not been declared yet but will be declared, probably, before the interviews) ?

2) Students of my college have a provision to drop 3 subjects while calculating their aggregate percentage,both for on-campus placements and final result computation at time of completion of degree. Can I fill that percentage (after dropping) in my CAT application form too ?

P.S. It's a matter of change of bracket sad

Answer:
1) For shortlisting the students for interview, the percentage that you will fill now in CAT form would be considered. For final selection merit list post-GDPI/WATPI of individual colleges, which percentage would be considered (the one you fill now or the one you fill post-CAT result on the separate form for each IIM) will depend on the procedure followed at the given IIM.

2) Will those dropped subjects be mentioned on your marksheets?
Re: CAT '15 | Mistakenly filled incorrect percentage
by Lokesh Sharma - Tuesday, 11 August 2015, 07:12 PM
  Query: Sir, I have filled my graduation percentage as 82% in my cat application and have submitted the form, but later I realized that my actual percentage is 80.94%. I have also mailed the cat authorities about this but they say to refill the application with a new email id and re register for cat 15. What should I do?

Answer: Pay for your sins, fill the form again sad
by Lokesh Sharma - Tuesday, 11 August 2015, 07:16 PM
  Query: Sir,
I had PCM + Computer Science in 12th.
Which discipline should I choose while filling CAT Form?
The given options are :
1.CS
2.Maths
3.Maths and Science
4.Other

Answer: Computer Science
by Lokesh Sharma - Tuesday, 11 August 2015, 07:18 PM
  Query: Sir , if the 10 th standard result is in grades , then what to fill in 10th % column?

Answer: Different boards follow different approach to converting CGPA to percentage. The marksheet of most boards clearly mentions the formula to be followed for the same. CBSE marsksheets, for example, clearly states that CGPA is the average of grade points of all the subjects, including the additional subject. If someone gets 10 CGPA his % will be 10*9.5 = 95% out of total of 500 (for 5 subjects) or 600 (for 6 subjects).

Similarly, for a CGPA of 9.6, after multiplying CGPA, say 9.6 to 9.5, we get 91.2%. Now since this is percentage the total would be 100%. So one can keep the total marks as whatever figure it really was, in case of CBSE class 10 it would be 500( 100 for each of 5 subject) and also can calculate 91.2% of those marks by multiplying 500 with .912 and get the marks scored.

Also, the CAT eligibility criteria clearly states that one must take into account all the subjects mentioned in the marksheet to calculate the percentage obtained.
by Lokesh Sharma - Tuesday, 11 August 2015, 07:19 PM
  Query: sir,
we have our 10th class marks in CGP system
they have asked for our
1)aggregate percentage
2)total marks obtained
3)maximum marks obtained
how should we proceed further

by rohit gahlan - Tuesday, 11 August 2015, 08:44 PM
  2) Will those dropped subjects be mentioned on your marksheets?

Yes they are mentioned on the individual semester marksheets.
by Sparsh Mittal - Tuesday, 11 August 2015, 09:15 PM
  Sir I have to reappear for a fifth semester examination, because I could not give a 10 mark practical. However I have cleared all the papers, including the one of which I could not give the exam and I have scored 65%+ in the three years of my graduation. Its just that since I could not give the practical, I need to reappear for both the practical and theory paper. In this case, do I need to apply as if I were a student i.e. get that affidavit on the letter head of my college?
The form however says this : "This form has to be
submitted by candidates appearing in the final year of Graduation and by candidates who have
completed the final year but are awaiting the results. "

Thank you
by VISHAL ARORA - Wednesday, 12 August 2015, 06:55 PM
  hi sir,
I am currently pursuing B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering.
I wanted to ask ki graduation's subject selection mein
i have 2 options
Computer Science
n computer engineering
can u plz tell among these which is the one for me

and sir i have been doing free lancing work from past 1 year
can that be considered as work exp..!
by Mridul Gupta - Wednesday, 12 August 2015, 10:57 PM
  Sir,

By mistake in 10th maximum possible marks field, I filled 60 instead of 600 and obtained 52 instead of 520 (I just totalled the CGPA points). What do I do? Will it create any problems?
by tgdel1187 tg - Wednesday, 12 August 2015, 11:54 PM
  I filled my university as private but later when i checked it is public university.will there be any problem in future?
by Lokesh Sharma - Thursday, 13 August 2015, 01:43 AM
  Query: 2) Will those dropped subjects be mentioned on your marksheets?

Yes they are mentioned on the individual semester marksheets.

Answer: To me it sounds absolutely logical to drop those subjects then. However, I would suggest that you call/amil them once and confirm. Do let us know of their reply so that we too update ourselves on this.
by Lokesh Sharma - Thursday, 13 August 2015, 01:48 AM
  Query: Sir I have to reappear for a fifth semester examination, because I could not give a 10 mark practical. However I have cleared all the papers, including the one of which I could not give the exam and I have scored 65%+ in the three years of my graduation. Its just that since I could not give the practical, I need to reappear for both the practical and theory paper. In this case, do I need to apply as if I were a student i.e. get that affidavit on the letter head of my college?
The form however says this : "This form has to be
submitted by candidates appearing in the final year of Graduation and by candidates who have
completed the final year but are awaiting the results. "

Thank you

Answer: If you are still in college then fill it as a student and you need not mention all this or provide an affidavit. If you are otherwise done with your college and even without appearing for this exam your degree is otherwise complete, then fill as a pass out. Point is, if even int he absence of appearing for this retake your degree is complete then you are as good as a graduate.
by Lokesh Sharma - Thursday, 13 August 2015, 01:54 AM
  Query: I am currently pursuing B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering.
I wanted to ask ki graduation's subject selection mein
i have 2 options
Computer Science
n computer engineering
can u plz tell among these which is the one for me

and sir i have been doing free lancing work from past 1 year
can that be considered as work exp..!

Answer: Do not know about the first query. I suggest you consult your seniors who appeared for CAT last year and your friends appearing this year. Do apprise us of your findings.

No, the work you do does not get counted as work experience.
Work experience, as per MBA colleges, is
1. Full time
2. Paid
3. After completion of graduation
by Lokesh Sharma - Thursday, 13 August 2015, 01:58 AM
  Query : By mistake in 10th maximum possible marks field, I filled 60 instead of 600 and obtained 52 instead of 520 (I just totalled the CGPA points). What do I do? Will it create any problems

Answer: That is one error that I had hitherto not heard of. As long as you entered the percentage correctly, marks entered should not matter, however, you may write/call them and seek remedy, if any. Though I am pretty confident it would not have any problem as long as the filled percentage is correct.
by Lokesh Sharma - Thursday, 13 August 2015, 01:59 AM
  Query: I filled my university as private but later when i checked it is public university.will there be any problem in future?

Answer: No, it would not matter.
by rohit gahlan - Thursday, 13 August 2015, 11:48 PM
  I called the helpline number today. The guy on the other side replied "Hum to pura dekhnege". So I guess I would have to fill the percentage without dropping any subjects.
by Mridul Gupta - Saturday, 15 August 2015, 01:29 PM
  I mailed them and this was their reply:

"Hi,

Greetings from the CAT Help-desk!!!

If you have made a mistake in filling out details for those fields which will affect selection process, such as Percentage of Marks, Category, Gender, Work Experience, etc. then you are advised to re-register with a new email ID. Your CAT 2015 application will be considered for the latest registration and Admit Card issued for the same.

Regards,

CAT Help-desk"

Looks pretty much like a pre-written one. What do I do?
by Diksha Gautam - Saturday, 15 August 2015, 04:41 PM
  Respected Sir
1) I'm a student of Delhi university and while filling the form I found that the dropdown menu of University/Institute name does not contain 'University of Delhi'. what shall I fill in here?

2) On the website www.iimcat.ac.in under the Certificate Section, I found the Final year Certificate and Candidate Identification Affidavit, do they have to be submitted or uploaded somewhere now or will they have to be carried at the time of the interview?
Please answer these queries
Thank you smile
by rohit gahlan - Saturday, 15 August 2015, 08:54 PM
  They replied with "ok fine" on my email query. So now I can use the percentage (after dropping) if I am able to submit a written statement,regarding the rule,from college authorities smile
by himanshu goel - Sunday, 16 August 2015, 08:34 PM
  I AM A STUDENT CURRENTLY STUDYING AT AMITY, THE DROPDOWN MENU FOR UNIVERSITY/ INSTITUTE OF GRADUATION DOES NOT HAS AMITY UNIVERSITY AS AN OPTION . WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO ??
by Lokesh Sharma - Monday, 17 August 2015, 09:36 AM
  Query: They replied with "ok fine" on my email query. So now I can use the percentage (after dropping) if I am able to submit a written statement,regarding the rule,from college authorities

Answer: Thanks for updating us
by Lokesh Sharma - Monday, 17 August 2015, 09:39 AM
  Query: I mailed them and this was their reply:

"Hi,

Greetings from the CAT Help-desk!!!

If you have made a mistake in filling out details for those fields which will affect selection process, such as Percentage of Marks, Category, Gender, Work Experience, etc. then you are advised to re-register with a new email ID. Your CAT 2015 application will be considered for the latest registration and Admit Card issued for the same.

Regards,

CAT Help-desk"

Looks pretty much like a pre-written one. What do I do?

Answer: Yes, that is an automated response. See, I am pretty sure that this error made by you does not impact your selection as it does not affect any of the selection parameters (as long as the filled percentage is accurate). Hence you may decide to continue with the form that you have filled. However, if you are apprehensive and do not want to have any doubt, then fill a fresh form .
by Lokesh Sharma - Monday, 17 August 2015, 09:42 AM
  Query: Respected Sir
1) I'm a student of Delhi university and while filling the form I found that the dropdown menu of University/Institute name does not contain 'University of Delhi'. what shall I fill in here?

2) On the website www.iimcat.ac.in under the Certificate Section, I found the Final year Certificate and Candidate Identification Affidavit, do they have to be submitted or uploaded somewhere now or will they have to be carried at the time of the interview?
Please answer these queries
Thank you smile

Answer:
1) In any such menu there is an option 'others'. If you ever do not find the name of your University/college/school, you are expected to click on that and if there is space to type the name of your University, fill it.

2) These will be needed at a later stage, not now.
by Lokesh Sharma - Monday, 17 August 2015, 09:44 AM
  Query: I AM A STUDENT CURRENTLY STUDYING AT AMITY, THE DROPDOWN MENU FOR UNIVERSITY/ INSTITUTE OF GRADUATION DOES NOT HAS AMITY UNIVERSITY AS AN OPTION . WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO ??

Answer: In any such menu there is an option 'others'. If you ever do not find the name of your University/college/school, you are expected to click on that and if there is space to type the name of your University, fill it
by Mitul Batra - Thursday, 20 August 2015, 09:06 PM
  Sir I have got a back in 5th semester and one in 6th semester in my btech. Now sir I can clear these backs in 7th and 8th sem. Sir will am I eligible for cat15?? Sir, My university allows me to drop 3 subjects aswell. I have never got any back before this. Sir please help me on this.
by gaurav sharma - Tuesday, 25 August 2015, 05:53 PM

Fill the combined work ex. No matter how many months you work with an organisation, as long as you can produce the work-ex letter and as long as it was a full-time, paid job with a registered company after you completed your graduation, it gets counted as work experience.

In continuation to above chat.

Sir,

As my work is starting from 5th of August and ending on 25th Oct for the first company and for second one, it is starting from 11th November. In CAT form ,it is mentioned to enter completed months. So I am confused that shall I enter 21 months(only counting completed months) or 23 months(as per total number of days/ 30) or 24 months(counting as Aug 2013 to July 2014)??

I hope I am able to convey my problem.
Please suggest.
by Lokesh Sharma - Tuesday, 25 August 2015, 07:46 PM
  Query: Sir I have got a back in 5th semester and one in 6th semester in my btech. Now sir I can clear these backs in 7th and 8th sem. Sir will am I eligible for cat15?? Sir, My university allows me to drop 3 subjects as well. I have never got any back before this. Sir please help me on this.

Answer: You are eligible.
by Lokesh Sharma - Tuesday, 25 August 2015, 07:51 PM

In continuation to above chat.

Sir,

As my work is starting from 5th of August and ending on 25th Oct for the first company and for second one, it is starting from 11th November. In CAT form ,it is mentioned to enter completed months. So I am confused that shall I enter 21 months(only counting completed months) or 23 months(as per total number of days/ 30) or 24 months(counting as Aug 2013 to July 2014)??

I hope I am able to convey my problem.

Answer: Fill combined number of months for which you have worked in various companies.

Fill the completed months. starting from 5th of August and ending on 25th Oct would mean 2 months (completed on 5th October). Remaining days in Oct do not get counted. Same for other company. Thi sis what sounds logical to me, rest you can mail IIMs and seek clarification.
by TG3095 Delhi - Sunday, 30 August 2015, 10:15 AM
  SIR
i am in 5th semester..due to health issues i have not given any written exam of 4th semester and 1 wriiten exam of 3rd semester..so can you please guide me how should i fill in my cat and iift form column for graduation
by Lokesh Sharma - Wednesday, 2 September 2015, 08:34 PM
  Make sure you have read the first post in this very CAT thread and all the links attached. Then meet me at the center.
by 2013069 tg - Friday, 4 September 2015, 06:29 PM
  Regarding work experience,

sir, i own a startup, i could get work ex certification and it is a registered company but we are not getting paid right now. Could this be considered as a work experience ?

thanks.
by Lokesh Sharma - Monday, 7 September 2015, 04:02 PM
  Query: Regarding work experience,

sir, i own a startup, i could get work ex certification and it is a registered company but we are not getting paid right now. Could this be considered as a work experience

Answer: If it is a registered company and if you have completed your graduation then all you need to do is show salary on paper and give yourself salary receipts, neither of which is a tough task. You may then include this in work experience.
by TG3692 Delhi - Monday, 7 September 2015, 08:01 PM
  Sir, What is your take on Welingkar School of Business and BIMTECH, Noida?
Is it advisable to apply for IMI Kolkata and Bhubhaneshwar in addition to the Delhi campus?
by Lokesh Sharma - Thursday, 10 September 2015, 03:37 PM
  Query: Sir, What is your take on Welingkar School of Business and BIMTECH, Noida?
Is it advisable to apply for IMI Kolkata and Bhubhaneshwar in addition to the Delhi campus?

Answer: Both Wellinkar and Bimtech are colleges equivalent to colleges in 80-85 percentile bracket of CAT. So whether a student should fill their form or not is highly subjective and would vary from student to student. If you are confident of atleast a decent percentile and know that come what may you are not going to colleges in this bracket, then you need not apply to them. But if you would like to have options for the eventuality of the mentioned percentile range, then apply for them. In taking this decision, be honest with yourself in terms of where you realistically stand and how viable is your plan B.
by TG3728 Delhi - Thursday, 10 September 2015, 03:49 PM
  Sir, i am confused about the programmes to be filled in the form. I have selected the first option ie. PGP against each IIM however,confused about the rest of them. You have asked to fill up the second programme of ranchi and Tiruchirappalli as well but pgpbm does not match the eligibility. What has to be done?
by TG2961 Delhi - Thursday, 10 September 2015, 07:30 PM
  Sir,
 Is there any reservation for minority (jain) in IIM, if yes then how much percent ? Moreover, I have already filled the form and filled NO in minority column, Should i fill The cat form again?

by Lokesh Sharma - Friday, 11 September 2015, 11:57 PM
  Query: Sir,
Is there any reservation for minority (jain) in IIM, if yes then how much percent ? Moreover, I have already filled the form and filled NO in minority column, Should i fill The cat form again?

Answer: No reservations for minorities in any educational institute, unless the institute is set by that minority for people of its own community, like a Madraasa. In short, no reservation in IIT/IIM etc on the basis of religion.
by Lokesh Sharma - Friday, 11 September 2015, 11:59 PM
  Query: Sir, i am confused about the programmes to be filled in the form. I have selected the first option ie. PGP against each IIM however,confused about the rest of them. You have asked to fill up the second programme of ranchi and Tiruchirappalli as well but pgpbm does not match the eligibility. What has to be done?

Answer: Just fill the programms that I have asked you to fill. In case you apply for a program that you are not eligible for, you automatically get disqualified for it at a later stage and it has no bearing on the other IIM calls that you might have. If doubt still persists, fill just the PGP/PDDM i.e. the first program in front of each IIM.
by TG2717 Delhi - Monday, 14 September 2015, 12:25 AM

Hi Sir,

I have completed the first set of examinations in Chartered Accountancy. However, for multiple reasons, I am not sure whether I will prepare for the final examinations of CA. I have also completed B.Com which makes me eligible for CAT.

My enquiry is whether I should mention my pursuance of CA in the CAT form in the section requiring details of other professional degrees. I personally feel I must mention it because I have completed my B.Com from correspondence (SOL) and I do not have much to show for the last few years except the CA exams I have cleared. However, I'd like your better judgement on this.

Thank you!
Kunal Khilnani
by Lokesh Sharma - Monday, 14 September 2015, 01:42 PM
  Query: Hi Sir,

I have completed the first set of examinations in Chartered Accountancy. However, for multiple reasons, I am not sure whether I will prepare for the final examinations of CA. I have also completed B.Com which makes me eligible for CAT.

My enquiry is whether I should mention my pursuance of CA in the CAT form in the section requiring details of other professional degrees. I personally feel I must mention it because I have completed my B.Com from correspondence (SOL) and I do not have much to show for the last few years except the CA exams I have cleared. However, I'd like your better judgement on this.

Answer: Mentioning it would not fetch you any extra marks or make your profile any stronger at this stage. Nor would not mentioning it make your profile any less appealing at this time. The justification of what you did after/during Bcom will be needed at interview stage where you can mention the fact that you are pursuing CA. However, since you would anyway need to tell them about your adventurism in CA later, it would be prudent to mention it now itself.
by TG3200 Delhi - Sunday, 20 September 2015, 05:26 PM
  Greetings!
Sir I am pursuing bachelor in management studies from Delhi university.Somehow I failed to notice management as an option and selected commerce as discipline under bachelors degree and submitted the application.
please help me in fixing this issue.

by Lokesh Sharma - Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 03:22 PM
  Query:
Sir I am pursuing bachelor in management studies from Delhi university.Somehow I failed to notice management as an option and selected commerce as discipline under bachelors degree and submitted the application.
please help me in fixing this issue.

Answer: There is no way you can fix this error since CAT form cannot be modified. However, it is a minor issue and has no bearing on your candidature, so I suggest that you leave it this way and do not worry about it smile