VistaMind GD Interview Tips
GD/Interview Tips #1. By:Rahul Reddy VistaMind
VistaMind GD Interview Tip # 2
Again there is no standard answer. But i will try to provide some pointers on how best to structure your answer.
1. Management as compared to other fields especially Mtech/MS is a broad field which provides sector independent careers. A good Marketing manager or a finance manager can work in any sector from Hotels to IT to FMCG. On the other hand Mtech or MS is a focussed field where you gain depth of knowledge, expertise in a limited field.
2. Connect it to your Interests: I am interested in learning the business functions and processes (esp for Tech Work Exp candidates) so that i can find solutions to business problems. I am interested in understanding how people can work effectively in a team, and how teams are led. How long term plans are made and implemented etc.How data is analysed to get business insights and how decisions are taken etc
3. Connect it to your abilities: I have some competence in mathematics and logic (give achievements, as can be seen in...). I have been actively involved in organization of events and held positions of responsibility where I have tried to learn about planning, team management, effective communication etc. Other qualities like Initiative, Time management, etc can also be used.
4. Those who have more work exp (18 months + ) need to more specific. Ideally they should talk about coming back to the same industry but in a managerial role. For example a candidate with IT work exp can come back as BA, BDM Consultant etc. VistaMind students, a detailed video presentation is available on your home page on Post MBA roles in IT. Those who are freshers or low work exp can be a little vague.
5. Do not use jargon, it will be your downfall. Remember they are the management experts and you are the novice. So don't toss around words like TQM, 6 Sigma, Strategy, Brand Equity, Investment banking and other things that you know very little about.
6. Write down your answer (plan for a 90 sec answer) and then thoroughly check what follow up Qs can it lead to and whether you can sustain it under grilling. Use it in Mock Interviews and take feedback.
Hope that Helps. Will be back again with more tips. Again please feel free to share the insights with any MBA Aspirant.
Read More @ https://vistamind.com/