Direction for question (22 –25): Read the following passage and answer the questions that follow.|
In a family persons A, B, C, D and E, each and everyone loves one another very much. Their birthdays are in different months and different dates. A remembers that his birthday is between 25th and 30th, of B it is between 20th and 25th, of C it is between 10th and 20th, of D it is between 5th and 10th and of E it is between 1st to 5th of the month. The sum of the date of birth is defined as the addition of the date and the month, for example 12th January will be written as 12/1 and will add to a sum of the date 13 (Between 25th and 30th includes both 25 and 30)
22. What may be the maximum average of their sum of the dates of birth?
(a) 24.6 (b) 15.2 (c) 28 (d) 32
23. What may be the minimum average of their sum of the dates of births?
(a) 24.6 (b) 15.2 (c) 28 (d) 32
24. If it is known that the dates of birth of three of them are even numbers then find maximum average of their sum of the dates of births?
(a) 24.6 (b) 15.2 (c) 27.6 (d) 28
25. If the date of birth of four of them are prime numbers, then find the maximum average of the sum of their dates of birth.
(a) 27.2 (b) 26.4 (c) 28 (d) None of these
26. A school has only four classes that contain 10, 20, 30, and 40 students respectively. The pass percentage of these classes are 20%, 30%, 60% and 100% respectively. Find the pass % of the entire school.
(a) 56% (b)76% (c) 34% (d) 66%
Direction (Q. 27 – 30): Read the following and answer the questions that follows:
During a cricket match, India playing against NZ scored in the following manner:
27. Find the average runs scored by the first four batsman.
(a) 83.5 (b) 60.5 (c) 66.8 (d) Cannot be determined
28. The maximum average runs scored by the first five batsman could be
(a) 80.6 (b) 66.8 (c) 76 (d) Cannot be determined
28. The minimum average runs scored by the last five batsman to get out could be
(a) 53.6 (b) 44.4 (c) 66.8 (d) 0
30. If the fifth down batsman gets out for a duck, then find the average runs scored by the first six batsmen.
(a) 67.1 (b) 63.3 (c) 48.5 (d) cannot be determined
Directions for questions (Qs. 31 – 36): Read the following and answer the questions that follow
If 5 people are transferred from C to B, further 5 more people are transferred from B to A, then 5 are transferred from A to B and finally, 5 more are transferred from B to C
31. What is the maximum possible average achieved by class C?
(a) 30.833 (b) 30 (c) 29.66 (d) cannot say
32. What is the maximum possible average of class B?
(a) 26 (b) 27 (c) 25 (d) cannot say
33. What is the maximum possible average value attained by class A?
(a) 22.75 (b)23.75 (d) 23.5 (d) cannot say
34. The minimum possible value of the average of group C is:
(a) 26.3 (b) 27.5 (c) 29.6 (d) cannot say
35. The minimum possible average of group B after this set of operation is
(a) 21.6 (b) 21.4 (c) 21.8 (d) cannot say
36. The minimum possible average of group A after the set of 3 operation
(a) 20 (b) 20.3 (c) 20.4 (d) cannot say
Direction (Q. 37 – 40): Read the following and answer the question that follow:
Sachin Tendulkar walks into bat after the fall of the fifth wicket and has to share partnerships with Ganguly, Kumble, Harbhajan, Srinath and Yohannan, who have batted normally, defensively, defensively, defensively and defensively respectively while Tendulkar has batted normally, aggressively, aggressively, aggressively and aggressively respectively in each of the five partnerships that lasted for 12, 10, 8, 5 and 10 overs respectively, sharing strike equally with Ganguly and keeping two-thirds of the strike in his other four partnerships, then answer the following questions:
37. How many runs did Sachin score his innings?
(a) 128 (b) 212 (c) 176 (d) None of these
38. The highest partnership that Tendulkar shared in was worth:
(a) 60 (b) 61 (c) 62 (d) 58
39. The above partnership was shared with:
(a) Ganguly (b) Yohannan (c) Kumble (d) All three
40. If India proceeded to win the match based on the runs scored by these last five partnership (assuming the last wicket pair remained unbeaten), what could be the maximum score at which Tendulkar could have come into bat:
(a) 103 for 5 (b) 97 for 5
(c) 100 for 5 (d) 104 for 5
Could someone please solve these questions step by step ?
I tried but my answers don't match the original answers And I also have difficulty understanding these questions ... Please help ..
Thanks in advance.