New Batches at TathaGat Delhi & Noida!               Directions to CP centre
NMAT
by Lokesh Sharma - Thursday, 11 September 2014, 05:37 PM
  Kajol Chadha
sir for filling NMAT form-what should i opt for mba 0r mba+pgdm?

Fill only MBA
Re: NMAT
by Lokesh Sharma - Thursday, 11 September 2014, 06:05 PM
  NMAT is the entrance exam for admission to all the MBA Full Time courses of NMIMS Mumbai and the PGDM courses of NMIMS Hyderabad and Bengaluru.
A candidate can take NMAT up to a maximum of 3 times (first attempt plus 2 retake attempts) including no shows, if he / she wishes to. There has to be a gap of at least 15 days between two successive attempts.
For candidates having multiple attempts, the best score (total and sectional) is considered for shortlisting purposes.
For more information on eligibility, important dates, test venues etc, visit http://nmat.org.in/management/

The NMAT is valid for entry into the following programs:
MBA Programs (Mumbai)
MBA -Flagship course, must fill
MBA (HR)- apply only if you wish to pursue MBA in HR
MBA (Pharmaceutical Management)- You may fill MBA in Pharmaceutical Management only if you are from Pharma background and plan to pursue a career in Pharmaceutical sector. Students are advised to research well on the scope of both these niche specializations before they decide to embark on these courses.

PGDM Bengaluru & PGDM Hyderabad- These are 2 new campuses that NMIMS has opened in the said cities. These are far from what NMIMS is famous for and hence not preferred colleges. You may fill them if you would like to keep them as options in case of worst eventuality. However, if you are confident of atleast an average college, avoid filling these campuses.

Disclaimer- kindly use your discretion. Aapka bhavishya aapke hath mein hai!
by Lokesh Sharma - Thursday, 11 September 2014, 06:08 PM
  Shobhit Gupta

Sir, 1. what all preferences do i have to fill in NMAT? 2. should MBA pharmaceutical Management be also kept in preference? 3. do i have to fill percentage of all subjects or best five in NMAT form? 4. Please find the attached file and check whether the selected programme are correct or not? (CAT)

1. Answered above
2. Different exams have different take on this. For CAT, take into account the marks of all the seven subjects on the mark sheet. For other exams, like XAT, NMAT, read their prospectous religiously to find out their convention. In case you do not find any information, call/mail them at the email id/numbers mentioned on their site.
3. Refer to our thread on CAT in this very forum. We have full confidence in your intelligence and ability to read the thread and find the answer to this.
by tgnoida1204 tg - Friday, 19 September 2014, 12:19 AM
  Sir,
I am currently in my 5th year of DUAL-Degree programme (BTech+Mtech).
My degree will complete by May 2015.
What do I fill in my education details? Should I opt for bachelor's degree completed ? Also, what do i write in Post graduation degree % aggregate details because my dual degree is set to complete by May next year
by Lokesh Sharma - Friday, 19 September 2014, 04:01 AM
  please call/mail them and ask. Also, update us on what they prescribed.
by rahul kalra - Tuesday, 21 July 2015, 12:33 PM
  Sir , I am an engineering Student and have a back in 6 sem which will get cleared in 8 sem. Does that mean that I am not eligible for NMAT?
by Lokesh Sharma - Tuesday, 21 July 2015, 01:01 PM
  No, it does not. As long as you are able to clear all your pending subjects and gather the required credits needed to be awarded the degree that you are pursuing, it is not a problem. But if you take admission and later when your 8th semester results are declared and you unfortunately fail to clear the subjects needed to complete your degree, your admission will stand cancelled

The website of the college says, "MBA Admission of the candidate who joins the program on provisional basis but fails to qualify in the Bachelor's degree examination is liable to be cancelled forthwith; such candidate should immediately inform the Institute on declaration of his/her results."
by Atishay Jain - Saturday, 25 July 2015, 08:45 PM
  Are there any changes with respect to NMAT this year?
by rahul kalra - Tuesday, 28 July 2015, 01:55 PM
  Eligibility
• The candidate must be a graduate with 50% marks or equivalent CGPA in first attempt.
• Candidates appearing for the final year of bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply subject to clearing the final examination in first attempt with 50% aggregate marks.
• For all the Full Time programs, candidates with two or more years of post-qualification work experience will be preferred.

But its written that in first attempt you have to clear your exam
Please Clarify
by Umanshi Jasuja - Wednesday, 29 July 2015, 02:12 AM
  Sir,
Which colleges/programs should I choose under registration form for NMAT?
by Lokesh Sharma - Thursday, 30 July 2015, 12:22 AM
  "in first attempt you have to clear your exam "
You must have completed your degree in the minimum number of years that one must take to complete it i.e. if you are pursuing Btech/BE, you must complete it in 4 years.In short, there should not be any year backs/degree extension, for whatsoever reason.
by Arihant Kumar - Thursday, 30 July 2015, 12:48 AM
  Should we consider to apply for colleges like VIT,Thapar,Amity under this form?
by Varnika Joshi - Saturday, 1 August 2015, 02:44 PM
  Sir while filling the form of NMAT it asks us to upload photo id and signature id in jpg format? do we need to click pictures of our ids and then upload them? For eg. If i have passport in my photo id proof, so do i need to take a picture of my passport also and upload it for confirmation?
by Lokesh Sharma - Wednesday, 5 August 2015, 04:44 PM
  Yes. Either that or scan the id and save it on mail as you would be sending that to a lot of places in the time tome and hence it would be advisable to have a fine scanned copy of the document.
by vishesh arora - Wednesday, 5 August 2015, 05:28 PM
  Hello sir..i had a few doubts regardin nmat application form..it wud be realy helpful if u could clear dem

1. Do we have to enter best 4/best 5 for 12th class percentage
(U had asked to see in d prospectus previously on the thread
but i cud find it nowhr in d prospectus)

2. It asks for
Grade obtained and Total Grade..in graduation column..wat s d difference between the two??

3. Can filling of HR affect the chances of getting marketing n general mba?..i am askin dis bcz i would fill it only if it is just an additional option and has no repercussions.
by Lokesh Sharma - Wednesday, 5 August 2015, 06:03 PM
  1. You have to fill the best of 5 (it is mentioned in the prospectus and I have confirmed with the students running the admission cell of NM)

2. You need to see whether your college/university awards you a grade point (out of 10) or percentage (out of 100). If it is grade point (say 7.7 out of ), then fill 7.7 in grade obtained and 10 in Total Grade. Likewise, if you secured 77 % then fill 77 in in grade obtained and 100 in Total Grade.

3. No. Both MBA core and MBA-HR are like 2 separate branches of NM which have no bearing on each other. Even the interview processes of the two colleges are separate. However, during the HR interview you will be questioned on between core and HR, which is your preference. We would guide you on how handle this question at a later stage smile

Also, do fill HR as an option in case pursing MBA in HR is an option for you since NMIMS Mumbai that offers HR in MBA has an intake of only 60 students and hence they get their students placed easily.
by RAGHAV GUPTA - Thursday, 6 August 2015, 09:59 PM
  SIR WHICH 5 CHOICES SHOULD WE APART FROM NMIMS?
THE OPTIONS ARE
ALLIANCE
AMITY
IBS BUSINESS SCHOOL
MODY
SRM
THAPAR
VIT
ANSAL
BML MUNJAL
SHOOLINI
WOXSEN BUSINESS SCHOO
AND SIR IS IT COMPULSORY TO FILL THE INDIVIDUAL FORMS OF THESE COLLEGES THEN?

AND SIR IN WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO STUDY? WHICH 3 STATES SHOULD WE SELECT
1st can be mumbai
if i am going for pgdm also
then can i fill bengluru and hyderabad and if not then which states??
by Lokesh Sharma - Saturday, 8 August 2015, 08:32 PM
  Query: SIR WHICH 5 CHOICES SHOULD WE APART FROM NMIMS?
THE OPTIONS ARE
ALLIANCE
AMITY
IBS BUSINESS SCHOOL
MODY
SRM
THAPAR, VIT,
ANSAL
BML MUNJAL
SHOOLINI
WOXSEN BUSINESS SCHOO
AND SIR IS IT COMPULSORY TO FILL THE INDIVIDUAL FORMS OF THESE COLLEGES THEN?

None of these colleges are ones that any worthy student should aspire for as RoI could be a serious issue with considerable number of student of these colleges. However, if you must keep options for the worst eventualities and/or are aware that you are among below-average students, then fill ALLIANCE, IBS BUSINESS SCHOOL, THAPAR, VIT, AMITY. If you are a confident person, give a boot to all of these!!
by Lokesh Sharma - Saturday, 8 August 2015, 08:36 PM
  Query: IN NMAT, IN WHERE WOULD YOU LIKE TO STUDY? WHICH 3 STATES SHOULD WE SELECT
1st can be mumbai
if i am going for pgdm also
then can i fill bengluru and hyderabad and if not then which states??

Answer: Just fill the states that these cities fall in in the
Maharashtra
Karnataka
Telangana/Andhra Pradesh
by Meghana Chavan - Monday, 10 August 2015, 02:58 PM
  Sir,
Can you please confirm if we have to fill two forms for NMAT?

Thanks.
by Meghana Chavan - Tuesday, 11 August 2015, 06:32 PM
  I do not have a signature ID, and it asks which signature id will you present while appearing for NMAT(It is not compulsory)
Can I leave it blank?

I am a DU student but I couldn't find Delhi University on the list.Shall I choose others? and then write University name?
by Lokesh Sharma - Thursday, 13 August 2015, 02:04 AM
  Query: I do not have a signature ID, and it asks which signature id will you present while appearing for NMAT(It is not compulsory)
Can I leave it blank?

I am a DU student but I couldn't find Delhi University on the list.Shall I choose others? and then write University name?

Answer: A signature ID is any ID that bears your signature, PAN Card, Passport, Driving license are a few examples. I suggest you do not leave it blank, atleast post a photo ID like a college ID card or Voter ID card, in case you really do not have any signature ID.

If DU is not in the list of Universities, which would be very strange, then choose others.
by Shivam Bindal - Friday, 14 August 2015, 06:55 PM
  Sir,

Around which date shall we take NMAT ? Slots are open to schedule now and there are only 2 centers available in Delhi.

Thanks
by Lokesh Sharma - Friday, 14 August 2015, 10:28 PM
  Query: Sir,

Around which date shall we take NMAT ? Slots are open to schedule now and there are only 2 centers available in Delhi.

Thanks

Answer: Pick any date, my friend, it doesn't matter. If you want CAT to be your first exam, fill a date later than 29 Nov for NMAT. If you want to take an exam before CAT so that you do not go for CAT as a virgin, take NMAT before CAT. Similarly, if you are one of those who would like to keep the possibility of taking NMAT multiple times alive, then take your first NMAT early.
by deepanshu goel - Saturday, 15 August 2015, 12:35 PM
  Hello sir

I want to fill multiple attempts for nmat..but after submitting the form it directly goes to the payment page without any option for fillin multiple attempts..n the payment it asks me to make is also for single attempt i.e 1600..

Please tell how to go about it?
by deepanshu goel - Saturday, 15 August 2015, 12:35 PM
  Hello sir

I want to fill multiple attempts for nmat..but after submitting the form it directly goes to the payment page without any option for fillin multiple attempts..n the payment it asks me to make is also for single attempt i.e 1600..

by Mridul Gupta - Saturday, 15 August 2015, 01:18 PM
  Sir, please confirm if we need to fill two forms?

I can see two NMAT registration websites, which one is it? (I had to create distinct accounts for both)

http://www.nmat.org.in/

http://www.nmims.edu/nmat-by-gmac-2016/
by Lokesh Sharma - Monday, 17 August 2015, 09:47 AM
  Query: Hello sir

Answer: At first you can register for only one attempt. You can register for the second attempt only after you have appeared for the exam you registered for first. Similarly, you can book your third attempt after you have taken the second attempt.
by saahil kejriwal - Tuesday, 18 August 2015, 01:20 PM
  DU is in fact in the list. It is called 'University of Delhi'
by Aman Arora - Friday, 21 August 2015, 08:18 PM
  Sir having filled NMAT, I got to know that we,students, need to fill a separate form for NMIMS. Besides NMIMS are there any other colleges that require us to fill separate forms? If yes, Please tell me which ones. Also has the registration for these colleges started?

I have already registered for IIFT, CAT and NMAT exam.
Regards,
Aman
by TG3299 Delhi - Wednesday, 2 September 2015, 11:42 AM
  You have to fill them both.
by 2013069 tg - Friday, 4 September 2015, 05:43 PM
  Hello sir,

I read the eligibility from the Nmat site and i didn't find "first attempt" written anywhere. Could u please clarify it.

Thank you.
by Lokesh Sharma - Monday, 7 September 2015, 04:13 PM
  Query: Hello sir,

I read the eligibility from the Nmat site and i didn't find "first attempt" written anywhere. Could u please clarify it.

Answer: They ask you whether you completed your degree in first attempt while you fill their form.
by Mridul Gupta - Monday, 14 September 2015, 03:47 PM
  Can anyone confirm the fee amount for NMAT (GMAC)?

by Mridul Gupta - Saturday, 19 September 2015, 11:28 AM
  Sir,

While filing the form for NMIMS, it has asked for Bachelor degree's percentage. When I had filled the form for NMAT by GMAC, it hadn't (as I had chosen appeared, and not passed, in the "graduation status").
So, what percentage do I need to fill? (I am currently in 7th sem)
by TG3824 Delhi - Sunday, 20 September 2015, 09:44 PM
  Hi
Sir actually I ended up filling nmims form with mba programme at Mumbai as my only preference and this is when I wanted to apply for all their campuses. Is there any way I can rectify this error. I have already mailed this query to their team but hasn't received any reply till date.
by Lokesh Sharma - Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 03:15 PM
  Query: While filing the form for NMIMS, it has asked for Bachelor degree's percentage. When I had filled the form for NMAT by GMAC, it hadn't (as I had chosen appeared, and not passed, in the "graduation status").
So, what percentage do I need to fill? (I am currently in 7th sem)

Answer: The aggregate of the percentage of the semesters whose results have been declared.
by Lokesh Sharma - Tuesday, 22 September 2015, 03:16 PM
  Query: Hi
Sir actually I ended up filling nmims form with mba programme at Mumbai as my only preference and this is when I wanted to apply for all their campuses. Is there any way I can rectify this error. I have already mailed this query to their team but hasn't received any reply till date.

Answer: Wait for a couple of days. Also, call them at the number given at their website. If nothing works, fill another form.
by Nitika Jain - Wednesday, 23 September 2015, 10:13 PM
  Hello sir,
Do we have to keep the same Email-Id while filling the form for NMAT and NMIMS?
Though I was filling the NMIMS form with the same id which I had previously used to fill the NMAT form, but I committed some errors which cannot be rectified now as the form got submitted.
So, will it be okay to use a different id to fill the NMIMS form again?

Thank you.
by Lokesh Sharma - Friday, 25 September 2015, 02:53 PM
  Query: Hello sir,
Do we have to keep the same Email-Id while filling the form for NMAT and NMIMS?
Though I was filling the NMIMS form with the same id which I had previously used to fill the NMAT form, but I committed some errors which cannot be rectified now as the form got submitted.
So, will it be okay to use a different id to fill the NMIMS form again?

Answer: keep the same email id if possible, otherwise use a different email id and notify them.