New Batches at TathaGat Delhi & Noida!               Directions to CP centre
IBSAT
by Lokesh Sharma - Monday, 8 September 2014, 11:09 PM
  What is IBSAT....sounds like a satellite?
Just like CAT, IBSAT is a computer-based exam that is conducted across India at multiple test centres during a test window. The syllabus is same as that for CAT or any other MBA entrance exam- QA, VA & LRDI, though they may have different names for them or may two of these in one section (QA+LRDI= Numerical ability) or may have one of these sections covered in 2 parts (2 sections named Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension instead of one VA section).

I bet they cannot have more than one campus, do they?
IBS campuses are located at Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Dehradun, Gurgaon, Jaipur, Kolkata, Mumbai and Pune. the only passable college i.e. something that you can think of if you do not get to any better college is ICFAI Hyderabad.

I wonder what the break up is!
Section Number of Questions Time (Total)
Verbal Ability 50 2 hours
Reading Comprehension 25
Quantitative Aptitude 25
Data Adequacy & 25
Data Interpretation

So are you gonna tell me the important dates or what?

Important Dates

Test Dates Dec 10, 2014 - Dec 31, 2014
Result Jan 19, 2015
Selection Briefings Feb 1 – 10, 2015
Selection Process Feb 18 - 26, 2015

Do they even have a website?
Believe me they do!!

http://www.ibsindia.org/ibsat/
Re: IBSAT
by tgdel1107 tg - Saturday, 20 September 2014, 10:21 PM
  Does ICFAI Hyderbad also accept CAT scores?If they do is it a good Idea to give ISBAT especially for ISB Hyderabad?
Re: IBSAT
by Lokesh Sharma - Thursday, 25 September 2014, 12:46 PM
  Kindly visit IBSAT website to check if they would accept CAT percentile this year, till last year they didn't. Whether to appear for IBSAT just for ICFAI Hyd- this would really depend upon your analysis of where your preparation stands, what benchmark/rock bottom you have set for yourself and what is your risk appetite. ICFAI Hyd is the last option or the lowest that we would ever suggest to a student. If you are one of those who would go for a 20k/month job and work for 2-3 years and then appear for the exam again rather than joining a just average college, then I suggest do not fill. If you have reached a saturation level and would want to join some or the other college and cannot or do not want to wait anymore, even if it means joining a very modest college, fill it. Toh nirnay aapka, kyunki bhavishya hai aapka.