New Batches at TathaGat Delhi & Noida!               Directions to CP centre
IIFT procedure..help plz
by Sri KLR - Thursday, 16 August 2007, 12:43 PM

Hi,

somebody pl tell me how to apply for IIFT?

filling form online(ofcours entering DD details) and sending it to IIFT by 20th this month is enough right?

do we need anything more...plz help

Re: IIFT procedure..help plz
by the underdog - Thursday, 16 August 2007, 01:40 PM
  http://210.210.22.129:8095/
by Small Wonder - Thursday, 16 August 2007, 01:50 PM

Hey Sri,

yea. go ahead. the last date is 3rd sep, I suppose.

Small Wonder!

by the underdog - Thursday, 16 August 2007, 02:05 PM
  No wait! big grin There are other things to send along. Please check the link I have posted.
by Sri KLR - Thursday, 16 August 2007, 02:50 PM

thanks alot underdog and SW...

Anyway the link isn't opening from office wink

I will have to try from outside...from cafe...smile

by Arun Reddy - Thursday, 16 August 2007, 09:00 PM

Can't we get the IIFT brochure/application form in banks?

Does any body know about XLRI and FMS ?whether the procedure is started or not?

Pls let me know.

by Sri KLR - Thursday, 16 August 2007, 09:11 PM

I think IIFT you don't get in banks. Anyway we can still apply online...

I think for this

1) first we need to take DD for the amount mentioned

2) fill in the online form entering the DD details and submit before 20th of Aug

3) send the app to Delhi before 3rd of sept

And for XLRI and FMS, even I don't know. Please somebody help !!

by Arun Reddy - Thursday, 16 August 2007, 09:32 PM

Hi Sri,

what is the exam pattern of IIFT? Do they have GK?

-Arun.

by Sri KLR - Thursday, 16 August 2007, 09:39 PM
  I think yes. I am afraid of htat only....but ppl said GK cut off will be very less. last year they didn't have -ve marking. time is 2 hours.....
by the underdog - Thursday, 16 August 2007, 09:39 PM
  LOTS of GK and with heavy weightage! sad

Hey Sri, where in India are you residing?
by Sri KLR - Thursday, 16 August 2007, 09:44 PM

my state is fifth largest state and lies on the Eastern coast of India.....can you make out?....wink .......(hyd)

by the underdog - Thursday, 16 August 2007, 09:50 PM
  haha looks like GK training has begun! Are you on orkut?
by Sri KLR - Thursday, 16 August 2007, 09:55 PM

hey nope...I am not..I used to be but ran into sum probs  big grin and had to delete..my account.now so frightened to go back..may be if i get mba seat, i will create one and share with you...whr r u frm..?

by Sri KLR - Thursday, 16 August 2007, 09:57 PM

Hey I am really poor in GK...

I donno capitals of famous countries also....So it will be better if we start threads on GK also.......Between CAT and IIFT we have only one week...so no hopes of learning then...I will try to start one...

by the underdog - Thursday, 16 August 2007, 10:03 PM
  hehe... let me guess.. addiction? been there done that big grin.. I'm from Mumbai. Hey the GK thread is a great idea! Lets do that..
by the underdog - Thursday, 16 August 2007, 10:04 PM
  btw, this is what that links mentions:

Once you complete your online application form and submit the same, take a print out and send the same to IIFT after 
      doing the needful as follows:
  • Sign in the Box provided for the purpose.
  • Paste your photograph in the box provided for the purpose.
  • Enclose the demand draft of the applicable amount with your full name, address and application number on the reverse of the demand draft.
  • Enclose two self addressed adhesive labels.
  • Enclose copy of the requisite certificate, if belonging to SC/ST/PH category.
  • Attach copy of your GMAT Score if belonging to Foreign/NRI/Children of NRI category.  If you do not have the GMAT score, you can also submit the same separately by 31st March 2008 quoting your application number.
 6.  After receipt of the above application form with necessary enclosures, the Programme Brochure will be sent to the
     candidate through courier/post for information.  This will also confirm the receipt of the application form in the Institute.
 7. Once this form is received in the Institute with necessary enclosures, the online database will be updated.
     and the candidate will be able to see the status of his/her application online.  For this purpose the candidate needs to
     remember the password since it will be required along with the application no. for checking the status of the application.
 8. Last date for submitting online application form : 3rd September 2007
by Total Gadha - Thursday, 16 August 2007, 10:09 PM
  I cracked IIFT in 2005 (got calls for GD/PI). In GK, I had only attempted 6 questions and I think all of them were wrong. Still I got a call. I do not know if GK matters at all.

Total Gadha
by Sri KLR - Thursday, 16 August 2007, 10:15 PM

looks like no hurry to do it since we can fill online form till 2nd spe and send by that evening..!!

hey underdog, R u DUDE? i mean funky hairstyle and all ..since you r Mumabaite...I think we are chatting here......instead of solving probs !!

by Sri KLR - Thursday, 16 August 2007, 10:21 PM

Yes TG,

My friend got 2.7 marks (he attempted 25 questions of which 22 went wrong, 3*.93 = 2.7..) he got teh call and converted too. he got 13 marks in quant and said it was considered heavy score in quant last year...so pinning my hopes..on it...

I mean IIFT 2006 !! no -ve marks wre there then.

by the underdog - Thursday, 16 August 2007, 10:29 PM
  Oh good!! That's a relief!
by Dagny Taggart - Friday, 17 August 2007, 02:31 AM
  Hi All,

Please post the B School discussion threads in 'B Schools Info' Forum, it will keep things sorted.
Sri, you definition for DUDE is quite funny.big grin

Dagny

by the underdog - Friday, 17 August 2007, 07:27 PM
  haha.. you'll are the real DUDES.. with the uber math skills and all big grin
by love kumar - Monday, 20 August 2007, 05:32 PM

is  date for IIFT is over? wat is the last date for filling the application.?How one can get the application brochure?

kindly help me

by Dagny Taggart - Tuesday, 21 August 2007, 11:38 AM
  Hi Love,

Following are the important dates:-

1. Last Date for Sale of Prospectus by post:                                20th August 2007  
 2. Last date for Sale of Prospectus across the counter at IIFT:         3rd September 2007  
 3.Last Date for Receipt of completed Applications:                    3rd September 2007  
 4.Written Test:                                                                       25th November 2007  
                                                                                              (10 am–12 noon)

As of now, you have an option to either apply online or collect the Prospectus from the counter itself.Also, keep the photocopies of all the forms that you fill.

Dagny