New Batches at TathaGat Delhi & Noida!               Directions to CP centre
Geometry
by dhwani bhatt - Sunday, 5 August 2012, 02:48 PM
  I am unable to solve the below questions. Please help me with the hint or solution.

1) It is proposed to add to a square lawn measuring 56 m on a side , two circular ends ,and centre of each circle being the point of intersection of the diagonals of the square. The area of the lawn is ?

2)A solid cube is cut into three solids such that two of them are solids with two dimension exactly half of the bigger cube and the third dimension same as the original cube. The third solid has two dimensions same as the original cube.Find the ratio of the total surface area of smaller cube and other solid ?

3)Bhavesh is laying a rectangular carpet of 1m width to cover a circular ground of 50m radius.He begins covering from the outer rim and moves in.After he covers the first rotation , he lays 1/5 of length more of carpet before cutting it. He repeats this entire action 25 times. What is the total length of the carpet laid ?(Ignore the folds due to rectangular piece being fitted to a circular rim and take pi=3.14)
Re: Geometry
by TG Team - Monday, 6 August 2012, 06:27 PM

Hi Dhwani smile

1. It's 0.5(562 + pi*282*2).

2. The three cut solids have dimension; 0.5*0.5*1, 0.5*0.5*1 and 1*1*0.5 if original solid cube was 1*1*1. 

Re: Geometry
by dhwani bhatt - Tuesday, 7 August 2012, 10:00 AM
  Sir ,
Can you please help me with the explanation.