New Batches at TathaGat Delhi & Noida!               Directions to CP centre
para jumbles from Arun Sharma
by In lonely planet i live - Tuesday, 22 May 2012, 11:53 AM
  Hi guys i thought of starting this thread as it's (arun sharma verbal book) a book worth for CAT preparation, many students prepare from this and last but not the least will be a place to see for arun sharma PJ doubts. Please post ur explanation.

N.B. sorry if i violated norms of totalgadha or if somebody feels this is unnecessary.

first question:

a. over a span of less than two years, some have been displaced at least a dozen times and are haunted by memories of sleepless nights spent in bunkers, constant bombardment and an uncertain future.
b. the worst nightmare for them was the possibility of forcible recruitment f their young boys and girls by the tigers as the miltery began to corner them from mid-2008
c. Reporters who visited the village heard tales of innocent citizens caught in the crossfire.
d. Everyone of the 500-odd families in the village has gone through more or less the same trauma.
e. The choice before them was the known devil, the tigers, and the unknown deep sea, the miltary.

Options:
a) CEBD b) CEDB C) CBED D) CDBE E) CBDE
Re: para jumbles from Arun Sharma
by In lonely planet i live - Tuesday, 22 May 2012, 11:50 AM
  one more:

a. us president barak obama made a significant commitment to reversing the previous president's attitude towards combating climate change earlier this week.

b. The california regulation would force automakers to reduce vehicle emission by a third by 2016, four years before new faderal standards take effect.

c. The move would increase fuel efficiency by as much as eight miles per gallon.

d. If, as expected, california receives permission from the EPA to move ahead, it would mean that both US and other automakers would have to produce cars that are more fuel-efficent than current models.

e. he directed the EPA to reconsider allowing the state of callifornia to set stricter fuel-emission standards on vehicles than federal limits.

options:
a) BCDE b) EDCB c) EDBC d) ECBD e) CDEB

** in previous and this question the first stmt (a) is the first statement.
by arsh arora - Tuesday, 22 May 2012, 12:01 PM

hi lonely planet,

my take- a) CEBD...and its a good move by you !!!!

hint is here crossfire so chosen E after C , then  subsequently follows other option ans D is a better finisher.. 

by In lonely planet i live - Tuesday, 22 May 2012, 11:57 AM
  Please post ur explanation. it will help us evaluating answers as it may be possible the answers given by the book are wrong and it will also help other to grasp the strategy.
by arsh arora - Tuesday, 22 May 2012, 12:10 PM
  2nd set=:my take- c)EDBC. as e follows a and then subsequently others....plz post the answer !!!
by In lonely planet i live - Tuesday, 22 May 2012, 01:02 PM
  first i am discussing the 2nd question.

from my point of view the answer should be B. As D and C both are talking about fuel efficiency but C talks about vehicle emission. Hence option B (as DC is the correct sequence).
by arsh arora - Tuesday, 22 May 2012, 01:14 PM
  but , i see that in D and B there is continuity of california regulation, hence my answr c)...kindly tell d rght option and exp!!!
by In lonely planet i live - Tuesday, 22 May 2012, 02:00 PM
  you are right the answer option is C.
But unfortunately no explanation given.

Do u know any book where the explanation for the PJs are given lucidly. Thanks in advance.

But the first question i will discuss soon.
by Mohit Sharma - Tuesday, 22 May 2012, 04:44 PM
  Hi all,
 Its definitely a nice move...
 My take on  question 1 is, option c (CBED)
 as statements B and E follows and D cannot come before them. Speaking logically.
My take on ques 2 is, option c (EDBC)
 as statements ED follows. and C is talking abt the effect of the move so it will come after the move is explained, as done in statement B.

Tell the correct ans.
Thanks and Regards,

by harendra chaudhari - Tuesday, 22 May 2012, 07:06 PM
  yes it's a)cebd
by tejesh reddy - Tuesday, 3 September 2013, 06:53 PM
  option c
give me d ans
by tejesh reddy - Tuesday, 3 September 2013, 06:58 PM
  option b
give me d ans
by ALOK RAJ - Thursday, 19 September 2013, 02:05 PM
  c
by sushmitaTG TEAM - Thursday, 7 November 2013, 11:21 AM
  Hi,
in the first question, clearly C is the starter after A. then we see a link between E and D, where E comes before D ,as the trauma is defined in E.
thus, the answer is C) CBED.

In the next question,
statement E continues the story in statement A.
there is a BC pair, where B defines the move and C is the concluding the move.
thus, the answer is EDBC.