New Batches at TathaGat Delhi & Noida!               Directions to CP centre
change in gmat pattern...
by agniteja nunna - Saturday, 19 March 2011, 10:41 PM
  dear guys... came to know abt the change in gmat pattern....
kindly suggest which one should i take...... the older one or  the changed  pattern
Re: change in gmat pattern...
by Lokesh Sharma - Saturday, 12 November 2011, 04:21 PM
  Compare the differences between the two to see which one suits your aptitude better
by Sai Krishna Sivala - Sunday, 13 November 2011, 07:00 AM

I didn't know there is any change in GMAT pattern. I also checked in MBA.com and couldn't find any. Can you tell me what changes are there in GMAT and from when , plz

by Lokesh Sharma - Saturday, 28 January 2012, 11:53 AM
  GMAT Pattern
Quantitative Aptitude-This section consists of problem solving and data sufficiency questions. With a scaled score that ranges from 0-60, this part contains 37 questions that have to be answered in 75 minutes.

Verbal ability (50 %of the total questions)
Analytical Writing Assessment: Scored on a scale of 0-6, this section consists of two essays that require the test takers to analyze an argument and an issue in 30 minutes each. This is evaluated by two readers. One of them is computer software that analyzes creative writing and syntax of several linguistic features. The other one is a human who rates the test takers on the overall structure, thought process and the flow of ideas within the essay.

Sentence Correction: With changing patterns of the GMAT exam, sentence correction has become the most important component of the exam lately.

Reading Comprehension:

Critical Reasoning:

Additional information
The GMAT score ranges from 200-800. Just like in a B-school, students are rated on a bell curve on a GMAT exam and 68% them score between 400-600
The examinees decide the level of questions they want to answer during the test. Adaptive in nature, GMAT matches the pace of the test takers and adapts with their ability at every step.
It employs a complicated algorithm that can allow you to make silly mistakes without any penalty.
Questions in the beginning matter more than those at the end. As you move along with the algorithm, you spend more time with the computer, the machine gets to know you better and becomes less judgmental with the passage of questions.
You should always finish the test and never leave questions at the end. Blank questions hit the examinees harder than the incorrect ones.
Both quantitative and verbal sections have experimental questions that do not count towards your score. Is there a way to identify those questions? No