New Batches at TathaGat Delhi & Noida!               Directions to CP centre
GMAT on 14th January
by Shalini Sharma - Sunday, 2 January 2011, 05:33 PM
  Hi folks,
I am planning to take the GMAT on 14th of this month and I am quite nervous. I have been getting an average of 700 on the practice tests but the results have been a little inconsistent. I am targetting around 730+. I would be glad if the experts and the members could tell me what should I do in the next 10-12 days.I have taken around 8 CATs including GMATPREP and MGMAT ones . Should I do more CATs or should I revise my concepts
Re: GMAT on 14th January
by Prahlad Sen - Friday, 7 January 2011, 07:48 PM
  No replies here. Thought I will pitch in. I think by now you should have taken most of the tests. You may want to take one more test in a day or two but not more than. I'd strongly advise that you revise all the concepts you have learnt so far. Go through all the tests and see what your mistakes. 
by Shalini Sharma - Friday, 7 January 2011, 10:32 PM
  Thanks,Prahlad for your response. Have you taken the GMAT ? And if yes, how much did you score ?
by Prahlad Sen - Sunday, 9 January 2011, 01:48 PM
  Yes, I have taken the GMAT and scored a 730. I think that the GMAT is a better exam than the CAT which tests your competency.Secondly, it is an exam in which you can do well if you prepare for it religiously. Though hardwork pays off in CAT preparation also but the luck factor is predominantly important .  
by Shalini Sharma - Monday, 10 January 2011, 02:57 PM
  You've got a great GMAT score. Thanks a lot for your inputs. I think I am well prepared to tackle the GMAT but then you never know what might happen on the actual day. How would you compare the difficulty level of MGMAT and Kaplan tests vis-a-vis the actual tests ?  I have been averaging around 710 on the MGMAT ones .
by Mandeep Singh - Monday, 10 January 2011, 11:11 PM

Hi Prahlad,

First of all congrats for such a brilliant score.

May I know the break-up of your score?

BR

Mandeep

by Prahlad Sen - Wednesday, 12 January 2011, 11:14 PM
  Kaplan tests are really bad and not at all representative of the GMAT. MGMAT CATs are to an extent representative of the GMAT though the Quant section on MGMAT CATs is unreasonably difficult sometimes.
Right now, I think you shouldn't stress out much . Just relax . Exam temperament plays a great role in your performance

@Mandeep
Thanks. The break up of my scores is 42 V,48Q. Let me know if you have any queries.
by Shalini Sharma - Thursday, 13 January 2011, 11:47 AM
  Thanks Prahlad for your inputs and encouragement. I am relaxing today .Want to keep away all the tension . Although the thoughts of the GMAT and what will I score or not come now and then ,but I am consciously trying to diffuse them.
Hope all turns out for the best. Will post here tomorrow whatever score I get. Wish me luck smile
by Mandeep Singh - Thursday, 13 January 2011, 11:56 AM

Amazing Verbal score Prahlad...42 in verbal is like GOD man...hearty congratulations...and which all schools have you applied to? It would be great if you could tell something about your profile also.

@Shalini: You know what? You will do wonders in your exam tomorrow. Just relax now. And one more suggestion for you. Please stay calm in the exam. And try to concentrate more on the first few questions of the exam in both the sections. Agar galti se ek-aadha question wrong ho bhi jaaye toh don't dwell on it. Just let it go out of your mind and focus on the rest.

And we are ready to hear the good news from you tomorrow. Party ki tayari kar lo abhi se [tongueout]

by Shalini Sharma - Friday, 14 January 2011, 07:02 PM
  Heellllllo guys!
I think the wishes of you guys really worked. I scored an unbelievable      740(44 V, 48 Q) .I still can't believe that I really scored so well. I can't tell you how happy I am !
I'd really like to thank you guys for motivating me.
Will put a detailed debrief of my preparation tomorrow . Gotta party today. Yayyyyyy!Ciao!
by Mandeep Singh - Friday, 14 January 2011, 11:47 PM

Congrats Shalini for such an amazing score. Party kab hai tongueout

And please tell us something about your profile also.

BR

Mandeep

by Prahlad Sen - Sunday, 16 January 2011, 06:16 PM
  Oh my God! 44 on Verbal is freakin' mind blowing!Congratulations!We'd be really interested in knowing how did you manage to get such an amazing score.How about putting up a separate post describing your GMAT journey and so that we know more about your profile as well ?
by Shalini Sharma - Friday, 21 January 2011, 01:36 PM
  Thanks a lot guys!
Am sorry for just vanishing after taking the test. Had gone out on a vacation. Had planned to treat myself with a good break of 5-6 days if I score 700+.

@Mandeep
Thanks. Have you taken the GMAT or planning to take it ?

@Prahlad.
Thanks for your wishes. Will put up a post about my GMAT experience today.
by Mandeep Singh - Tuesday, 25 January 2011, 11:14 PM

Hi Shalini,

Yes I am planning to take it in April starting probably.

BR

Mandeep

by mohit goyal - Saturday, 5 March 2011, 02:19 AM

Hi shalini,

congrats...

i need some some guidence regarding the GMAT preparation..could u pls share ur email address,so that i can ask u about some worries which i am facing.

thanks in advancesmile

by Ok . - Monday, 30 May 2011, 12:25 PM

Hi Prahlad, Shalini

1st of all congrats for great score.

M giving GMAT in 19th July 2011. Just started prepn. Need ur immediate help / guidance to go ahead. Plz share ur mail id.

Rgds

Okif

by Ok . - Monday, 30 May 2011, 01:46 PM

Hello Mandeep

Have you given ur GMAT? m planng for the same in July, need some info urgently. Plz share ur mail id.

Rgds

Okif