New Batches at TathaGat Delhi & Noida!               Directions to CP centre
Tricky Quant questions
by Rebeck Carvalho - Tuesday, 14 September 2010, 06:29 PM
  1)Two particles A and B start from the same point on the circumference of a circle. They travel in opposite directions. They start with velocity of 3 rev/s and 7 rev/s respectively. They change their velocities by the same factor of after every time they meet. The speeds are constant except when
they meet and speeds change instantly.

What is the average speed of the slower particle from the start to the time they meet for the 8th time?
( )7 rev/s
( )0.7 rev/s
( )0.07 rev/s
( )0.007 rev/s

2)Two Jet aircrafts are flying in a straight line horizontally on different altitudes such that the vertical distance between their altitudes is 100 km and the pilot of the upper aircraft observes the lower aircraft at an angle of depression of 30o. After half an hour, the angle of depression becomes 60o.

Find the distance between the aircrafts after half an hour from the initial point of reference.
Plz provide simple explanation as how u got it
Re: Tricky Quant questions
by chandan jha - Friday, 24 September 2010, 04:59 PM
  For Q-2,I am getting the answer as 200km.I must be missing something here,cant say surely.Did you get the solution for this? If yes,please post it.
Re: Tricky Quant questions
by TG Team - Thursday, 5 May 2011, 12:41 PM

Hi Rebeck and Chandan smile

2. It's simply two 30-60-90 triangles. Initially the side opposite to 30 degree is 100 km that means the hypotenuse i.e. distance between the air-crafts is 2*100 = 200 km initially.
After half an hour, the side opposite to 60 degree is 100 km that means the hypotenuse i.e. distance between the air-crafts will be 200/30.5 ~ 115.47 km. smile

Kamal Lohia