New Batches at TathaGat Delhi & Noida!               Directions to CP centre
TotalGadha and SCMHRD Present Mock SNAP 2009 Series
by Dagny Taggart - Tuesday, 8 December 2009, 07:33 PM

SNAP, SCMHRD, SNAP 2009, mock snap papersWe thought we would have a relaxing time while CAT 2009 online was being conducted. No analysis of the CAT paper to be done, and no predictions to be made. Just a little free time for us and Tathagat team. Who knew one fine morning someone from SCMHRD would knock on our doors and ask us if we could bear a little burden of creating Mock SNAPs for them. The little donkeys in us got excited, imagined our grinning-donkey picture proudly hung on SCMHRD's walls. We courteously accepted the offer to become their content partners. Our team got together to create cartload of questions. And here we are, proudly offering the official platform to SCMHRD for their Mock SNAP 2009 discussions.

Before the actual SNAP 2009, you would be getting a SNAPshot of the 5 MOCK SNAPs on 8th, 10th, 13th, 16th and 18th December, 2009. This thread would be used to discuss the mock SNAP questions and queries about the school. Since we would be busy creating content for you guys, we request you to help each other in solving questions. There would be representatives from Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development (SCMHRD) as well, who would he helping you out with school related queries.

Full Details : http://snapshot.scmhrd.edu/home.aspx

Let's get going! smile

Share it with others!

Bookmark and Share
Image Source
Re: TotalGadha and SCMHRD Present Mock SNAP 2009 Series
by Shashank Shekhar - Tuesday, 8 December 2009, 06:47 PM
  Hi Dagny,
This is indeed good news....Ever since writing cat I have been wondering what to do(except for analysing cat over and over again!!!)....I hope this keeps me a little busy....and it is also nice to see B schools recognising the good work done by both TG and you...Thanks.....
by dan magicman - Tuesday, 8 December 2009, 06:52 PM
  TG going places....
by harish kothari - Tuesday, 8 December 2009, 06:57 PM

it sounds good .....the official content patner of Sybiosis ....so

by siva kota - Tuesday, 8 December 2009, 07:06 PM
  hii dany ,

It really sounds good but it will be very gud if TG also provides sum material and mock tests...
by Dagny Taggart - Tuesday, 8 December 2009, 07:16 PM
  Hi Siva,

The mocks posted on SCMHRD's website are ours only. Only the platform is different. This way the mocks would be reaching all the candidates who would be taking SNAP 2009. Also, there is loads of content on totalgadha.com from where you can prepare.

And my name is DaGny not Dany. smile

Dagny
by siva kota - Tuesday, 8 December 2009, 07:21 PM
  srry mam..,

Might be typing mistake....how can i forgot ur name and TG sir's name....
Due to this site and ur couple i did well in my cat xam .....
Mam can u provide sum GK material in d site?
by Dagny Taggart - Tuesday, 8 December 2009, 07:34 PM
  Hi Siva,

That's okay. smile GK is a pretty vast subject so matter how much you cover, it would always be less. I guesst that you pick up this year's Manorama Year book or CSR for your GK Prep. You can also take a look at the online archive sections of some of the leading newspapers.

If you want, you can also start your own GK thread in Test and GD PI Forum.

Dagny
by siva kota - Tuesday, 8 December 2009, 07:48 PM
  Thanks mam,

I will do it no time....I had a doubt. Will d paper of SNAP will of same toughness of d previous r easy?
Will d previous papers cover all d models r It require d some more hard work as we faced for d CAT
by Slim Shady - Tuesday, 8 December 2009, 07:57 PM
  bingo!
by Rahi Vashist - Tuesday, 8 December 2009, 08:30 PM

Hi Dagny mam

i wnt to the SCMHRD link & successfully  resister there.But unable to login : system show this error : Login are currently disabled .please try again later.

is thr any problem with site.

Regards

Rahi

by Ashish Kaushal - Tuesday, 8 December 2009, 08:53 PM
  Good Effort! Thanks to you TG Sir and Dagny Maam ! But the teethy donkey's pic is scary! wide eyes
by Dipak Haridas - Tuesday, 8 December 2009, 09:27 PM
  hi mam, prob in accessing site:
"Logins are currently disabled. Please try again later"

nice work, btw.

Regards
Dipak
by Dagny Taggart - Tuesday, 8 December 2009, 09:34 PM
  Hi Dipak and Rahi,

We just had a word with the SCMHRD representative. There are some technical issues, which should be sorted within and hour or so.

Dagny
by Dagny Taggart - Tuesday, 8 December 2009, 09:49 PM
  Hi Siva,

I cannot comment on anything regarding the SNAP Paper. All I can say is that the previous year papers (download from SCMHRD website) and these mocks would give you a good practice for your test.

Dagny
by Swastik Panda - Tuesday, 8 December 2009, 10:00 PM
  Mam just wanted to say "Ache logon ke saath hamesha achaa hi hota hai"

cheers all Tgites...coz i feel as excited as Tg n u r! Keep going mam n i hope we too smile
by charles M - Tuesday, 8 December 2009, 10:54 PM
  Hi Tg sir and Dagny mam

Few pupil in certain forum where talking about this news SCMHRD (coming up with mock papers) before couple of days... but i wasn't sure whether it would worth it... But today when i logged in to SCMHRD to view any update about it.. i was really happy to see content partner as TotalGadha which made me very sure.. it worth it....

Expecting a Quality work from Tataghat as they are known for it...
by nidhi soni - Tuesday, 8 December 2009, 10:55 PM

thnx dagny

this will help us profoundly smile

thnx to whole tg team smile

by NAHUSH PHADKE - Wednesday, 9 December 2009, 12:31 AM
  Hello DAGNY mam and TG sir,

i am very happy for the intiative taken by this site ti start such a kind of thread helping us in cracking the SNAP2009 exam.

mam/sir can you please help me for TISS exam which is scheduled on 13th of dec. for the GK section . i am very confused for what to read . please help me. thank you in advance.

Regards

Nahush

by Total Gadha - Wednesday, 9 December 2009, 12:33 AM
  Hi Nahush,

Remember that this thread is meant for SCMHRD and not TISS. Dagny has already replied above to Siva regarding GK which you can read.

Total Gadha
by NAHUSH PHADKE - Wednesday, 9 December 2009, 01:04 AM
  sorry sir for posting the reply which is not relevant here.but was just anxious as the exam is very near. any way thank you for your reply.

regards

nahush
by abhay agrawal - Wednesday, 9 December 2009, 11:07 AM
  Hi Mam, while going on the website of SCMHRD for tests they are asking for login ID and password. And when I enter my ID and Password they are desplaying error. But for getting my snap admit card the same ID and Password are working. Please help
by sravanti duvvuri - Wednesday, 9 December 2009, 12:01 PM

Hey,

even i got the same error. u first need to register urslef with the snap id. then u can login smile try that. it worked for me

Sravanti

by AsHwIn Drmz - Wednesday, 9 December 2009, 12:38 PM

HI mam...

I could not get the past year snap papers in the given link.When i login and click on the papers...i am redirected to home page itself.Kindly throw some light on it.

Thanks,

Aswin

by Prakash jain - Wednesday, 9 December 2009, 02:56 PM

respected sir/madam please provide some GK material for snap..plz

by Rajarshi Dey - Wednesday, 9 December 2009, 03:15 PM

Dear TG & Dagny,

First of all a big thanks to the stupendous work that U ppl have been doing for the past few years(widout taking away any credit from the rest of the TathaGat Team)..! I have been a lurking around in your site and forums for quite sometime now but've never posted any thing.

So, today I thought of taking sometime off my schedule to thank YOU guys.

And 1 more thing I that I wanted to highlight is that there seems to be some problem while trying to access the MOCK SNAP results and scores that are posted on the SCMHRD site.

Please suggest what need be done.

Cheers!

Rajarshi

by Gunjan Arora - Wednesday, 9 December 2009, 05:12 PM
  Hi TGites!

My name is Gunjan and Im an ex-TG enthusiast myself, now studying in my first year at SCMHRD. smile

Firstly, I would like to extend a big thank you to TG for agreeing to participate with us in this initiative to help students prepare better for their SNAP exams.

From our own SNAP experiences last year, me and my batchmates at SCMHRD thought that although students manage to find a lot of help and mock papers to guide them in their CAT preparation, the same is hardly true for SNAP. And so, 'SNAP Shot' happened in order to provide a platform where these SNAP aspirants could get a fair idea of what the SNAP holds for them.

I really hope you guys find some value for this portal smile

We've noted the queries from some of the people who are having trouble logging in currently. As with every new system, SNAP Shot is also facing initial teething troubles, but we are currently working to make it smoother.

Before you try to login, you must first register yourself with your name, contact information and SNAP ID. For all those who have REGISTERED but are unable to log in, I request that you contact us at the SCMHRD email or phone numbers mentioned on the portal. We will need some information like your SNAP ID etc. to help you out.

Lets leave this thread for doubts, discussion and knowledge sharing so that you guys can all gain from each others preparation smile

Cheers and good luck!
Gunjan.
by Gunjan Arora - Wednesday, 9 December 2009, 05:35 PM
  Hi Rajarshi,

Thanks for bringing the error to our notice. Our technical team is currently working on the issue and it should be rectified shortly. Your answers have been saved and once the score calculator stats functioning again you will be able to access your results.

Please try it again later tonight or tomorrow morning. Meanwhile, you can go through the other material on the site.

Cheers,
Gunjan
by Gunjan Arora - Wednesday, 9 December 2009, 05:37 PM
  Hi Ashwin,

The past SNAP papers have not been uploaded yet. Please begin with the mock and GK material. We will put up the other papers soon.

Gunjan
by Total Gadha - Wednesday, 9 December 2009, 06:00 PM
  Hi Gunjan,

Welcome to TG smile Thanks for helping out our TGites. Good to see such initiative from SCMHRD. I think it is great that the mocks for the entrance test of a B School are provided by the School itself. smile

Total Gadha
by rakesh salecha - Wednesday, 9 December 2009, 07:16 PM
  thanks TG for snap papers

can you provide some more details of GK section

if possible provide some more GK questions

thanks once again
by Slim Shady - Wednesday, 9 December 2009, 07:35 PM
  can't access anything on this link..prompts to login and the option to register is disabled...any resolution??
by Gunjan Arora - Wednesday, 9 December 2009, 07:55 PM
  Hi Slim Shady,

The registration link is working on our end. Could you try once again? Or else please shoot us an email on admission@scmhrd.edu with your SNAP ID and contact info.

Gunjan
by Gunjan Arora - Wednesday, 9 December 2009, 07:56 PM
  Sorry, thats admissions@scmhrd.edu

Gunjan
by Neelesh Sethi - Wednesday, 9 December 2009, 08:56 PM
  great job dagny mam..thanx a lot..one problem, when i was attempting mock 1 using chrome browser,i could not change my options once i entered it...even if tried clicking on other option ,page would show the same..is it because of browser?
by Rajarshi Dey - Wednesday, 9 December 2009, 09:15 PM

Hi Gunjan,

Thanks for the reply.And once again great job done.!! Will try to check if the link works fine tonight or latest by tommorow morning and will let know if the discrepancy still persists.

And ofcourse All the Best to all the TG ites for SNAP. smile

by Rajarshi Dey - Wednesday, 9 December 2009, 09:19 PM

Hi Neelesh,

It is not because of the browser but I guess there is some problem with the server (the initial glitches as Gunjan mentioned .. 'teething problems'). Even I had to face with the same issue when I tried using IE as well as Mozilla. This is also needs to be highlighted to the tech team so that they can work upon it .

Cheers,

Rajarshi

by charles M - Wednesday, 9 December 2009, 10:02 PM
  Hi Neelesh and Rajarsri

Options which cannot be changed is not a fault.By Default its designed in such a way,because in Real SNAP exam you will not be able to change the option once chosen(since you will be marking in Pen)
by Dipak Haridas - Wednesday, 9 December 2009, 10:09 PM
  neelesh,  i think it has nothing to do with browser, at the start of the test itself they have made clear that answers once marked can't b changed...

hope it helps.
by SHALINI sharma - Wednesday, 9 December 2009, 10:29 PM
  dear dangy ,

i m unable to see  my results,its showin ,sum run time error..plz look into it

ty
by Vivek .. - Thursday, 10 December 2009, 12:17 AM
  hi gunjan, my snap id is 2065645. iam nt ableto access the feature , it is showing "login id or password is incorrect" what shud i do? & that's correct ofcourse//.. i checked & retyped it several times.
by Sajiv Shankar - Thursday, 10 December 2009, 12:37 AM
  HI,

When i click on end test it shows a runtime error. I am unable to view my scores. Can u pl help me

by Aditi Bhalla - Thursday, 10 December 2009, 12:42 AM
  Hi,

I tried to answer the 8th Dec Mocks but within 5 mins of starting the test, the test stopped proceeding and i see a RUNTIME error. Kindly look into the matter.

Regards,
Aditi
by harshad mehtha - Thursday, 10 December 2009, 02:28 AM
  yes when i click on any section,it shows runtime error............
by dan magicman - Thursday, 10 December 2009, 08:34 AM
  Everything is working nw..go check out...a full functioning website...thanks TG and DAGNY
by Slim Shady - Thursday, 10 December 2009, 09:31 AM
  @ Gunjan
it works fine in IE ,i was using opera earlier...it ls letting me to register now...
thank you...
by manjushaa srinivasan - Thursday, 10 December 2009, 12:41 PM
  Hello sir and ma'am,
It is wonderful to be able to access the mock papers.very timely help.thank you so much.i have a few queries.in order to clear the gk part of SNAP paper,what should i focus more on during my prep-current topics from jan-oct 2009 or static news?i've gone through the last 3 years papers and they seem to be asking quite a few science based questions.i am a commerce student so what kind of topics pertaining to science should i get hold of?suppose like last year there are 35 questions in gk section,how many should i be able to attempt to clear the cutoffs?
Manjushaa
by Gunjan Arora - Thursday, 10 December 2009, 04:09 PM
  Hi Manjushaa,

Based on our analysis of the SNAP paper, the GK section has an almost equal split between current affairs and static GK. However, out of this the static GK component is fairly field specific - like you said it may relate to science, history, famous personalities, authors and so on. My suggestion would be to strengthen your hold on the fields that you're already confident in and also focus on current affairs. Specifically business and economics, politics, sports etc.

As far as cut offs go, SCMHRD does not have a cut-off based selection system. We take into account the overall profile of the candidates, including the SNAP score. So even people whose SNAP scores may be on the lower side, may get a call depending on the rest of their profile.

However, most other institutes of Symbiosis do take cut offs, including sectional cut offs. As far as I'm aware, the highest sectional cut-off in GK last year was around 7-8 marks. But this will obviously vary each year depending on the difficulty level of the paper.

The important thing is to ensure that you have high accuracy and dont invite too much negative marking. Which is of course easier said than done, but there you go smile

There will be some practice GK material on our website that you can go through. Hope it helps!

Gunjan
by Robin Jain - Thursday, 10 December 2009, 05:31 PM
  Hello TG Sir and Dagny Mam,
My result of first Mock-

VA 30(Attempted) 20(Correct) 17.5(Score)
QA/DI 29(Attempted) 21(Correct) 19.0(Score)
GK 23(Attempted) 17(Correct) 15.5(Score)
LR 21(Attempted) 13(Correct) 22.0(Score)

Overall- 74.0(Overall)

Will you please tell me that this score will fetch me a call from SIBM and SCMHRD or not?
by manjushaa srinivasan - Thursday, 10 December 2009, 05:52 PM
  Hi Gunjan,
thanks a lot for the reply!It has made things clear for mesmile
Cheers,
Manjushaa
by nutty nuts - Thursday, 10 December 2009, 07:08 PM
  Hi Ma'am,
I have some queries:
1. Is there a timer on the test screen? (I could not find it!)
2. Does the test auto-submits itself after 2 hours? (Mine didn't!)

Would also request you to tell us the estimated cut-off depending on the difficulty level of the test so that we can gauge our performance. smile
Nuts
by shikha singh - Thursday, 10 December 2009, 07:30 PM

Was giving my mock...but when i clicked on answer.. Server error in application appeared sad

Y is it so??

by manjushaa srinivasan - Thursday, 10 December 2009, 07:32 PM
  hello sir,
i was taking the first mock test and after about 80 minutes,the test screen disappeared and i got an error alert on my screen.when i logged in again and clicked on it,the test is starting from the beginning.is there any way to resume the test?
manjushaa
by Gunjan Arora - Thursday, 10 December 2009, 10:15 PM
  Hi Nutty nuts,

No, there is no timer on the test screen and it doesnt auto submit either. But the duration of the tests is 120 mins, so you should ideally be timing yourself while taking the test and make sure you're not overshooting that limit.

As for the cut-offs, that is pretty much why we started this discussion board smile So that all the people taking the tests can share their scores and see where they stand.

Please remember that all these entrances are based on relative performance, and there is no absolute score that can be called good or bad. It would really be great if everyone would start using this platform to share scores, discuss questions and take TG and Dagny's help to get important preparatory advice smile

Cheers,
Gunjan
by ashutosh singh - Thursday, 10 December 2009, 10:49 PM
  I have been a regular visitor to TG and i feel it is THE BEST site to prepare for all MBA EXAMS.
This SNAP initiative of TG once again testifies what i am saying.
Gud going TG...
Hats off....
smile
by nitin gulrajani - Friday, 11 December 2009, 12:36 AM
  I think one needs to keep posting the scores 1 gets in the mock. That is the only way we can know where every1 stands. So as to understand in which section we need 2 work on and in which sections we are faring well, every1 should keep posting the marks.

Due to some technical problem i could not see the graph in that xcd wala question and hence had to skip that sitter. My score was:
Verbal - 24.25
Quant - 18.5 (Quite low i guess)
GK - 15.25
LR - 28
Total - 86

I have doubts in the answers of few quant questions. I hope dagny mam and other tg'ites can put some light on the same and help me clear my logical error, if there.

(3) Two concentric circle question. I applied 4r2 = r2 + 25.. And hence i am getting r2 = 25/3 which makes the answer as 8.33pi, not there in the options..

(11) Two jars and the probability of red. As per my calculation it is 1/6 + 2/5 = 17/30 (56.66%) which is no where in the option..

(15) Distance per bounce. I think the respective distances would be 15, 15/2, 15/4, 15/8 and 15/16. Mean of these values would be 15/4 i.e. 3.75.. I don't know how to do this one other than this method. (The question says as shown in figure and in my case the figure is missing completely smile .. So i don't know smile )

(17) Rs. 1600 is invested . On solving, answer comes out to be 500 while in the solution they have written 1100 as the right answer, which is definitely wrong. Since 7% of 500 and 5% of 1100 = 35 + 55 = 90

(19) 1,2,3,4,5 forming even number less than 50000. The units digit can be selected in 2 ways. The ten-thousandth digit can be selected in 3 ways (since we cant take 5 as it would violate the requirement). Others can be selected in 3,2 and 1 ways respectively. Hence the total ways are 2x3x3x2x1 = 36 ways. The answer given is 48. How?

Hope you people help in getting your doubts cleared on this platform and upload the marks so that we can form a substantial cut-off for the section. And yes do help me with this. Pardon 4 dumbgiri, if any, by me in any of the question..

Take care,
Cheers,
Nitin Gulrajani
by Piyush Agarwal - Friday, 11 December 2009, 01:02 AM
  helo sir, i could not get access to snap mock tests neither online nor cud i get the paper..

do i have to register to scmhrd for that or what is the procedure..please explain me...because snap is the only hope i have...

whenever i click on mock paper..it shows server error in '/' applicaton...

please help me..
by Shoaib Q - Friday, 11 December 2009, 01:07 AM
  Kindly inform us if there is any particular timings between which we can take the mock tests..
coz i was giving the test after 12 am at night and in between the test i got this error
Error Image

which was very disappointing
I dont knw whether my answered questions are gone or stored..
Reminded me of cat.. sad
by prateek malpani - Friday, 11 December 2009, 09:46 AM
  The scmhrd site is crashing.. m not able to login.. since yesterday..
shows application error..
so please check it out!
by Total Gadha - Friday, 11 December 2009, 10:49 AM
  Hi Nitin,

Getting 3, 11 and 17 corrected. 19 You can solve by starting with the first digit not unit digit.

Total Gadha
by Total Gadha - Friday, 11 December 2009, 10:52 AM
  I think SCMHRD guys are trying to stabilize things. I hope things are running smooth by the second mock. 
by Insane Sanity - Friday, 11 December 2009, 12:29 PM

Hi TG,

am unable to access the mocks. some server error.

where exactly are the mocks and how am i supposed to access them.

i have been trying the SNAPSHOT link but it isn't working.

TIA

by AAYU SHARMA - Friday, 11 December 2009, 01:47 PM
  Sir,
 that's a gr8 news ...
bt can u provide us with the answers to mock papers.....
as SCMHRD has not posted the answers as yet
by nitin gulrajani - Friday, 11 December 2009, 02:15 PM
  TG,
    The question asks for even numbers so isn't it appropriate to start from the units digit??
by Total Gadha - Friday, 11 December 2009, 04:27 PM
  Hi Nitin,

sorry didn't see the even part. Checked the question and got the answer edited.

Total Gadha
by Gunjan Arora - Friday, 11 December 2009, 05:02 PM
  Hi Aayu,

The answers for the first mock have been uploaded. As for the second mock they will be put up tomorrow.

Gunjan
by abhishek saxena - Friday, 11 December 2009, 05:10 PM
  hi i've some problem with the paper can you pls tell me whom should i contact or pls tell me solution to my problems:
- i was giving test but due to disconnection of net it restarted with the full time & answers marked, i got extra time.
- some ques in quant & di section were not visible, di mainly.
-in some di sets data is not given & in option no can't be determined is not given...in that case what we should mark
by manjushaa srinivasan - Friday, 11 December 2009, 06:10 PM
  In the second mock test,for the DI set of questions 30,31 and 32 the figure is not appearing so i had to leave them.pls do look into it.thank you.
by Gunjan Arora - Friday, 11 December 2009, 06:56 PM
  Hi Abhishek and Manjushaa,

Problems solved smile

Please check.

Gunjan
by siva kota - Friday, 11 December 2009, 07:46 PM
  TG,

Do SIBM consider the cut-offs in each section??
by Harish A - Friday, 11 December 2009, 08:18 PM
  Sorry to post this Here.

I took the cat exam on 01/12/2009, on return I lost the CAT voucher, Is this voucher necessary for GD/PI. I am not able to find any information regarding this please help.

Thanks,
Harish.A
by Archana BN - Friday, 11 December 2009, 09:08 PM

Hi Tg sir,

Not able to take the  SNAP mock test, when i click the link its showing error.

Archana

by nitin gulrajani - Friday, 11 December 2009, 11:34 PM
  @all, i don't think tg can help u in taking mocks or removing server errors.. Let's try giving him intellect issues rather than the technical ones.. smile ;)

Cheers,
Nitin
by Total Gadha - Saturday, 12 December 2009, 12:20 AM
  Thanks Nitin smile
by amrita sarker - Saturday, 12 December 2009, 09:27 AM
  Hey TG,
Great initiative taken...just a small doubt..how do we review the mocks?Just like the PDF of the Ans of Mock 1 is available..can we also get the PDF of the Mock paper itself...??
by Total Gadha - Saturday, 12 December 2009, 12:06 PM
  Hi Amrita,

I will ask the SCMHRD people to answer that. We can only upload the mocks on TG's CBT CLUB after the mock series is over. Till then, it's their prerogative whether they want to share the pdf copies or not.

Total Gadha
by Robin Jain - Saturday, 12 December 2009, 04:31 PM

Hello Gunjan Mam,
The mocks are great but it is not taking any answers, while clicking on any answer choice it is giving error message(Some run time error).
I took the Screen shot of that error and attached here. Kindly check it.
Thanks.
by Vijay Balasubramanian - Saturday, 12 December 2009, 07:40 PM
  TG Sir
I am not able to login into the SCMHRD site!! I just did all my payment n all using the same SNAP Id but the same is not working for the SCMHRD site...has anyone else also faced this problem?

Pls guide me regarding this
by Vijay Balasubramanian - Saturday, 12 December 2009, 07:44 PM
  My apologies for spamming.. I had not registered separately for the mocks.. smile Did it just now! 
by shikha singh - Saturday, 12 December 2009, 10:42 PM

Hello Sir,

please provide the answers key of mocks.

by shivansh tyagi - Sunday, 13 December 2009, 08:16 PM

TG is the best thing ever happened in the history of MBA in india...The work  of TG with SCHMRD is awesome specially the GK and Formula parts...

Hats off to u .......

Well TG sir, I want to knw smthng abt todays JMET , well as u knw their r some errounous quest in it ...so i tried to solve them but dint mrk them , so will des quetions will simply be deletd frm the total or thoes hav attemped them will be benifited...........

And wnt to knw same abt SNAP if we knw tht a question is wrng so wht should we do wih it, just leave it or attempt it...

by Rooma Khetan - Sunday, 13 December 2009, 08:23 PM

Hi ,

Can we have the answers of the mock series (SCMHRD.edu) please?

by divyam didwania - Sunday, 13 December 2009, 09:51 PM

HI Dagny,

Where would we get the solution to the mocks?

by Dagny Taggart - Sunday, 13 December 2009, 11:41 PM
  Hi Shikha,

Please mail to admissions@scmhrd.edu regarding the same.

Dagny
by Dagny Taggart - Sunday, 13 December 2009, 11:53 PM
  Hi Divyam,

We have provided the answer key to SCMHRD but unfortunately, in such a short span of time it is not possible to provide solutions. This thread is mainly made for test discussion purpose. You may post your problems here and we would try our best to provide you with the solutions.

Dagny
by Dagny Taggart - Sunday, 13 December 2009, 11:45 PM
  Hi Shivanish,

The GK compliment means a lot to us.

Thanks for making our day. smile

Dagny
by dilip rathore - Monday, 14 December 2009, 09:38 AM

i like you guys. you are so inspiring.. it seems like every line written by you has been thought twice, before publishing. i like Totalgadha smile

by Rooma Khetan - Monday, 14 December 2009, 10:12 AM

Hi Dagny,

I am unable to acess the mock tests it is giving server error.

Please look into the issue.

Thanks

Rooma

by Gunjan Arora - Monday, 14 December 2009, 11:17 AM
  Hi Everyone-who's-asking-for-the-answers-to-the-tests! ;)

The answers have all been uploaded in a special preview mode, which you can access only after you have attempted a particular test. Once you finish a test, please submit and view your report. After that, close that window and re-open the test window again. Now click on any section whose answers you wish to see. The section will open in Preview Mode, where marking any answers will be disabled and you will be able to see the options you had previously marked, along with the correct options.

Please try and let me know if anyone is still facing a problem.

As far as individual issues of getting error messages etc. is concerned, guys - believe me - TG and Dagny will not be able to help with that! Please mail us about those problems at admissions@scmhrd.edu and we promise we will get to the bottom of them! smile

Meanwhile, doesnt anyone want to know how people are doing in the tests?? How come there's no talk of scores and comparisons of results? How come there are no doubts in any questions for which you need TG and Dagny to come to your rescues?

Come on, guys! Discuss! smile

Cheers,
Gunjan
by sachi bhat - Monday, 14 December 2009, 02:17 PM
  CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN THE SOLUTION FOR VENN DIAGRAM QUESTION IN THE FIRST MOCK TEST .I.E HELD ON 8TH.

the question is about sholay, mard, coolie
by Siddharth Khanna - Monday, 14 December 2009, 02:21 PM
  Hello Mam ,
Can u plz provide us solution for previous years papers also ....
and if possible cutoffs .... for SIBM and SCHMRD
by Garima Gautam - Monday, 14 December 2009, 02:52 PM
  Hi,

The mock tests are great. Thanks for putting in so much of effort.
Please do upload the solutions for the previous year's snap papers.
It would help a lot.

Thanks again.
by shirish bohare - Monday, 14 December 2009, 03:12 PM
  can we have the solutions of the mock tests in detail?
by Gunjan Arora - Monday, 14 December 2009, 03:27 PM
  Hi Shirish, Siddharth and Garima,

Answers to most of the previous years papers are appended at the end of the papers itself. As for detailed solutions, unfortunately we are unable to provide those. However if you have trouble answering any particular questions or need clarifications on answers, please do post them here. I'm sure TG and Dagny would be glad to take them on smile

Gunjan
by anand ramc - Monday, 14 December 2009, 04:17 PM
  yup..it would be great if somebody could post the solution for it...i have been wracking my brains for quite some time but to no avail as to how to go about it...cheers
by rahul s - Monday, 14 December 2009, 05:46 PM
  gr8 venture..but rendered no use by d test takin environs..
wud hv been better off with the plain pdf's!
by abhishek saxena - Monday, 14 December 2009, 06:06 PM
  i forgot my login password. what should i do to give remainig mocks?
by murari agarwal - Monday, 14 December 2009, 07:53 PM
  Hi,
I am having a problem in timing myself as there is a some time gap between the time I press next button and the time when the next question appears on the screen.This problem exists in both chrome as well as IE.Is anyone else facing similar problem?Pls let me know if any of you has the solution to this problem.
by mayank dixit - Monday, 14 December 2009, 09:46 PM

I request Tg and dagny to provide solutions of MOCK cat and discuss the questions of previous year paper not for all tg memebrs then at least for CBT memebers. they way TG can earn a huge name in market as it will giv edge toits CBT members comapre to others.

come on tg and dagny.. do not stop here do something more and use full use of opprtunity u have got.

by Total Gadha - Monday, 14 December 2009, 10:04 PM
  Hi Sachi,

Can you post the Venn diagram question here if possible?

Total Gadha
by Total Gadha - Monday, 14 December 2009, 10:07 PM
  Hi Mayank,

I am sorry but we are already working on a thin deadline of 2- 3 days to prepare the mocks. It is not possible for us to write the solutions, stretched as we are. We created this thread to handle doubts about the mock questions only. Please post your doubts over here and we shall take care of them.

Total Gadha
by nitin gulrajani - Monday, 14 December 2009, 10:32 PM
  @All, Sorry to say, but all of you guys are running in haphazard direction. We all are praising TG team 4 putting some great mocks and yet no1s concerned about the Mock Snaps. Rather people are now asking for previous paper solutions and wat not. I think the initiative was great but we people have made it seem a futile attempt. I login everyday thrice to see some new questions coming up, some important questions being discussed, doubts getting cleared; but unfortunately we have been keeping TG and Dagny Mam limited to technicalities and worse, asking them to solve the problems.. What a waste of our and their time... I find myself lost in this forum and i hope we could get a bit focused 4 coming sunday and let's leave the technicalities. Those who can't access the papers, keep trying or else move to other mocks and try solving more and more questions and coming up with doubts. It seems a useless forum right now and i bet no1s liking the same. Let's get into LR's and Quant's of SNAP rather than 'TG, Dagny solve our problem' I bet they can't help... Come up with your scores, doubts and how-to-crack the exam, etc.

Cheers,
Nitin

by Nikhil Gupta - Monday, 14 December 2009, 10:57 PM
  Hello Guys
where can i get the answer of MOck papers Dated 8 & 10 Dec
plz guys
reply fast
by TG Team - Monday, 14 December 2009, 11:21 PM

The following are the results of a survey conducted on a small group of people living in sector – 7 of Pune, to determine the liking for three movies.

• Number of people who liked only Sholay is 60.
  • 60 people liked both Coolie and Mard.
  • 140 people liked Sholay or Coolie but not Mard.
  • 140 people liked Sholay or Mard but not Coolie.
  • 20 people liked all the three movies.
  • 160 people liked Coolie or Mard but not Sholay.
  • Number of people who didn’t like any movie is 100.

Using the given statements we can draw the following Venn Diagram give below:

Also we get, x + y = 40

I hope now you can answer every question easily. smile

by viraj bhatt - Monday, 14 December 2009, 11:54 PM
  Hi nikhil,
It wld be better if we ask these questions through mail to SCMHRD...the pdfs are quite conspicuous by their absence on the website of SCMHRD... i.e. the pdfs have nt been uploaded...we are waiting for the same...lets discuss the doubts that u might have got during giving the mocks...discussions wld make many thngs clear...and the papers are nt dat much hard dat we cant solve the sums through discussions...and if we get ne prob den TG sir n Dagny ma'm are always dere to help...
by viraj bhatt - Tuesday, 15 December 2009, 12:15 AM
  hello TG sir,

In Mock test-2 (10th December) , Q 20 is

Pick out the correct sentences.
1. we spent a lot of money.
2. he goes out much.
3. I'll pay for me.
4. I dried myself.

The answer given is 1 and 4.

But when i checked the dictionary, the usage of the word "dry" in sentence 4 is as phrasal verb "dry off" which means to make sth or sb dry...so shldnt the 4th option be "I dried myself off"??...plz comment...
by Vivek .. - Tuesday, 15 December 2009, 12:26 AM
  hi, pls let us know the percentiles or atleast cut-offs , so that v know where r v standing,,without this ,i am not able to make full of this.
& i hope u know -answers once marked cannot be changed.
by teena taneja - Tuesday, 15 December 2009, 12:41 AM
  sir i m nt able to open it plz help me out. as soon as pssbl
by Dagny Taggart - Tuesday, 15 December 2009, 01:28 AM
  Hi Viraj,

'Dried myself off' is not incorrect but 'I dried myself' is not wrong either.

For the other two sentences, the correct ones are:

2. He goes out a lot.
3. I'll pay for myself.

Dagny
ARE THERE ANY SECTIONAL CUT OFFS
by nimish gupta - Tuesday, 15 December 2009, 03:05 AM
  ARE THERE ANY SECTIONAL CUT OFFS FOR

1. SIBM PUNE
2. SIBM BANGLORE
3. SCMHRD
4. SIIB
5. SIOM

by akriti mehta - Tuesday, 15 December 2009, 09:53 AM

Hi ,

Could someone please tell me how we can arrive at

Two concentric circles are drawn with the radius of the smaller circle equal to half that of the larger circle. If the length of the chord of the larger circle that is tangent to the smaller circle is 10 units, the area of the smaller circle (approx) is

as 8.33 TT as the the answer

How many words, with or without meaning, can be formed by arranging the letters of the word 'SYMBIOSIS' such that none of the words begin or end with a vowel and no two vowels are together?

as 3600 as the answere letters of the word 'SYMBIOSIS' such that none of the words begin or end with a vowel and no two vowels are together?

by rrr sss - Tuesday, 15 December 2009, 10:29 AM
  Sir plz upload answers for all the mocks , i need to cross check it , n it reali helps to see hw probs r solvd 
by RAHUL KASLIWAL - Tuesday, 15 December 2009, 10:29 AM

wats the use of puttin the paper witout soln.. knidly make an effort to put the soln.. or the entire effort is jus of no use... caz the most imp thing is to see  the approach of how the quesn are being solved..  kindle do the neatfull if possible...

thanks.

by SHALINI sharma - Tuesday, 15 December 2009, 11:40 AM

hi,

could you a make a "full paper view" possible..as clicking on the next button takes a lot of time..so unable 2 stick  the time strategy

ty
by SHALINI sharma - Tuesday, 15 December 2009, 11:43 AM
  thank you for such gr8 work to help us all !
by amita baheti - Tuesday, 15 December 2009, 11:43 AM
  Akriti..

The solution goes:

The chord of larger circle is tangent for the smaller circle.
So it makes an Angle of 90Degrees with the radius of smaller circle.
therefore we get a right angled triangle with sides 'x'(radius of smaller circle), '2x'(radius of larger circle-given to be twice the smaller circle) and '5'(half of chord as radius of larger circle divides the chord in 2 equal parts)

So ya u get the value of 'x'square as 8.33 n thereby area is 8.33 pie.
by akriti mehta - Tuesday, 15 December 2009, 12:24 PM

Thanks Amita......

Guys.... just a couple of questions more....

Ramesh and Vinod start from the top and bottom of an escalator moving down. The ratio of Ramesh’s speed to that of escalator speed is 2: 3 (steps) and that of Vinod’s speed to escalator speed is 4: 1 (steps). If the difference in steps covered individually by the time they meet is 50, the total number of steps in the escalator is

How many words, with or without meaning, can be formed by arranging the letters of the word 'SYMBIOSIS' such that none of the words begin or end with a vowel and no two vowels are together?

by bhagyashree wattal - Tuesday, 15 December 2009, 02:21 PM
  hi,

I really appreciate the idea. but the site is extremely slow. i am using mozilla. is there any issue with the browser??
by Total Gadha - Tuesday, 15 December 2009, 02:22 PM
  Hi Shweta,

Please post your query in normal fond. Bold and big font text is considered 'shouting' in the forums and looks offensive to the eyes also.

Total Gadha
by Total Gadha - Tuesday, 15 December 2009, 02:25 PM
  Hi Akriti,

Just a hint:

take speed of the escalator to be 3v (lcm of 3 and 1). Take the other speeds in terms of v and solve.

Arrange the consonants and then arrange the vowels between the spaces.

Total Gadha
by Vanshika Ahuja - Tuesday, 15 December 2009, 02:48 PM
  hey..
could neone plz help me wid some ques from (13th dec moch test)

if the code of the symbiosis is 55 den wht is the code of management?
and also..

rize of the scooter is written on the 4 cards n each card contain a single digit.if thosands digit is blown off wid the wind...the value of the no is reduced to one 37th of the intended value...wht is the value on the card..???
plz help me wid dese ques...
by TG Team - Tuesday, 15 December 2009, 03:50 PM

Vanshika smile

Second Question:

Given that abcd = 37bcd

=> 1000a = 36bcd

=> 2353a = 2232bcd

a must be 9 only and bcd = 250  ( can you tell me why???)

So abcd = 9250 smile

by Vanshika Ahuja - Tuesday, 15 December 2009, 04:00 PM
  hey thanx kamalsmile tht was of real help...

yes may be i knoe y a must be only...
bcoz on solvin the equation further...
v get
250a=9bcd

so this implies a has a value of 9..right..? smile
by shweta jain - Tuesday, 15 December 2009, 04:05 PM
  sorry sir,i wrote in that font to attract the attention.
i apologise the mistake caused.
sir,please advice for the idiomatic references, from where one should do them?
like in dec 10 snapshot, there is one related to name of animals: hen,swan,crow....which i found bit difficult.
waiting for reply
regards
shweta jain
by TG Team - Tuesday, 15 December 2009, 04:08 PM

Good smile

Thought Process has started.

Hint for your First Question:

Try to assign all alphabets some number in sequence so that SYMBIOSIS can be coded as the given number.

For example: A - 1 - Z

B - 2 - Y

::::::::::

P - 13 - Q

by Shrey Sagar Sharma - Tuesday, 15 December 2009, 04:30 PM

hi sir,

can't we have the mocks in the pdf format...as it takes a lot of time for the ques to load due to the traffic on the website...this will save the time which we would spend to solve the questions...

by TG Team - Tuesday, 15 December 2009, 04:31 PM

Shweta smile

I hope you got the series for other coding question. SYMBIOSIS = 130 smile

by akriti mehta - Tuesday, 15 December 2009, 04:37 PM

Hi TG,

I Tried arriving at the solution considering the hints u have provided but failed to do so.....request you to kindly provide a detailed explanation.

Thanks

by Vanshika Ahuja - Tuesday, 15 December 2009, 04:45 PM
  hey kamal
well couldnt get dis one...can u please elaborate a little??

thank you!
by shweta jain - Tuesday, 15 December 2009, 04:57 PM
  yes kamal i got it. it ws easy ques but i ws dng some calcultion mistake.
thank you!!
by shweta jain - Tuesday, 15 December 2009, 04:55 PM
  in dec 10 snapshot,there is ques on husband nd wife spending o purchase....whats the logic over here?
by abhishek saxena - Tuesday, 15 December 2009, 06:07 PM
  thank you very much for including 'forget password link'
by Neelesh Sethi - Tuesday, 15 December 2009, 06:11 PM
  This is snap 08 problem..can anyone post solution..thanx
two sea trawlers left a port simultaneously into 2 perpendicular direction.Half hour an later,shortest distance between them was 17 km and 16 minutes later, one sea trawler was 10.5 km farther from the original than the other.find speed of each trawler
Ans :16km/hr n 30
by shivz ..!! - Tuesday, 15 December 2009, 06:22 PM
  Hello TG and others..

I tried taking one of the mock test today but faced quite a few issues..
First of all it takes hell lot of time to open the page itself and after doing so somehow when I click on the next button for next question, it takes nearly 2 to 4 mins to go to the next question and sometimes it shows the same question only even after clicking the next button..given such condition where in to attempt around 5 questions in GK alone it takes 15 mins then how can one finish the paper in 120 mins n even that too isn't sure..
pls help me out..

regards,
shiv
by shivz ..!! - Tuesday, 15 December 2009, 06:27 PM
  Hi Neelesh Sethi,

Here is the solution for your question..

17 square = 15 square + 8 square
so the respective distances becomes 15 and 8..and the given time for them is 0.5 hr..
to get the speed divide 15 and 8 by 0.5 u will get 30 and 16..
u dont even need to read the full question also to answer this question..

cheers..
shiv..
by Dagny Taggart - Tuesday, 15 December 2009, 06:41 PM
  Hi Shivz,

You would have to email SCMHRD regarding this- admissions@scmhrd.edu

We are only the content partners. All the technical side is handled by SCMHRD so you would have to approach them regarding the same.

Dagny
by Dagny Taggart - Tuesday, 15 December 2009, 06:45 PM
  Hi Shweta,

We prepared that question based on a question from past year's SNAP paper. These are the regular idioms that you use in your day to day life. However, there is a thread based on Idiomatic Usage in CAT Verbal Forum. Try using the search on site and you would be able to locate it. smile

Dagny
by shivz ..!! - Tuesday, 15 December 2009, 08:04 PM
  Hi Dagny..

Thanks a lot for your timely reply..

For TG, Dagny and SCMHRD..

Since, taking online mock snaps is coming up with loads of issues, can you pls provide us all the mock test papers in pdf format so that we can get them printed and take the test eactly in the way SNAP is held since it's paper based test.
Pls reply..

Regards,
Shiv
by Neelesh Sethi - Tuesday, 15 December 2009, 08:19 PM
  Thanx a lot...but 17square is also=10square+ 9.4square ...y should we consider only integers.. did u take 15 n 8 because of options which had 30 n 16..or second condition has something to do with it?
by shivz ..!! - Tuesday, 15 December 2009, 08:33 PM
  Neelesh,

I did it solely based on the options..and 2nd condition had nothing to do with it..coz wat matters in exams is the correct answer and not how u did it..though knowing different methods for solving a question is always an advantage.. smile
well about the other possibility as u told if we take 17square = 10 square + 9.4 square then speeds come out to be 20 and 18.8 which dont match any of the options given..

cheers..
shiv
by Manish Kumar - Tuesday, 15 December 2009, 10:19 PM
  SIR,
THE TEST GIVEN ARE TOO SLOW TO OPEN.AND TAKING TOO MUCH TIME TO RESPOND
by somnath s - Tuesday, 15 December 2009, 10:21 PM
  Hi ,how to approach the logical prob of 1st mock 'filling in the 3*4 grid spaces such tat all rows n coloumns hav same mean?'..... thoughtful thoughtful
by shivz ..!! - Tuesday, 15 December 2009, 10:29 PM
  hi manish..
even i have been facing the same problem..
things will be much better if we are provided all mock tests in pdf format so that we can take them as we will take real SNAP..
I have requested TG and SCHFRD for the same..let see wat happens..it would b much better if we all request for the same together..

regards,
shiv
by somnath s - Tuesday, 15 December 2009, 11:10 PM
  @ Kamal Lohia
In ur sol fr tat venn diagram i hav a doubt..
u hav written "140 people liked Sholay or Mard but not Coolie."
but in mock its given" 140 people liked Sholay and Mard but not Coolie."
does tat 'and' make a diffrence?am confused...pl reply..does it mean all who likes sholay n mard but not coolie..does this include the ppl who lik both sholay and moolie????
by nitin shri - Tuesday, 15 December 2009, 11:03 PM
  HI TG team..

plzz upload the question papers of previous mocks as soon as possible.need to revise them
by shivz ..!! - Tuesday, 15 December 2009, 11:37 PM

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your wonderful initiative of providing Mock Snaps for Symbi aspirants in coordination with totalgadha.com. It's really beneficial to all the students.

I would like to raise a concern for the same. While taking the mock snaps, there arise loads of issues related to web speed, page content, time and so on. Considering all the issues faced, I have a request for you. Can you pls provide us all the mock snap papers in pdf format so that we can get them printed and take the test exactly in the way snap is conducted since it's a paper based test. We will be higly grateful for the same. If possible then pls do the same ASAP as SNAP is quite near now.

Thanks a lot,
Shivesh Dewangan

Hi Shivesh,

Unfortunately due to a number of copyright issues, we are unable to provide pdfs of all the mocks. However, pdfs of previous years' pattern SNAP papers are available for download on the site. Also, we have tried to make an effort to make the site faster. We will continue to try to achieve better speed, and hope you will bear with us.

Regards,
Gunjan
Admissions Office,
SCMHRD
Helpline:9766312640 | 9766321640

by Vivek .. - Wednesday, 16 December 2009, 12:23 AM
  Hello Kamal Sir,, some ques (which i am sure use very simple concepts) frm snap 2008 are troubling me.
1) FILL IN THE BLANK
4,32,288,-,31680

2) A,B,C,D,E are racing & foll info is also given-
* A finished b4 B & after C.
* C tied with A if & only if D didnt tie wid E.
* A finished as many places after E as E finished after C if & only if C finished b4 B.
What is their order f winnin?(ties are poss).

3) The cost of levelling & turfing a square field at rs 160 per hectare is 2624.40. The cost of surrounding it wid a railing costing 25 paisa per mtr is--?

4) There r 10 stations on a railway line. The number of different journey tickets that r reqd by the authority is--?

5) A & B play wid a dice,one who gets a 6 first wins. If A throws the dice first,what r their respective expectations?
( sir is ques ka matlab kya hai?)

6) Which investment gives a better return,assuming the face value of shares to be rs 10?
a) 5% stock at 75 , subject to 30% income tax
b) 4% stock at 90 , tax free
options- b , a , both , none.
(same ques)

Aj ke liye itna he,,thnx in advance,i am waiting for answers.
Everybody else who knows the solution or even the method is also invited.
by shivz ..!! - Wednesday, 16 December 2009, 09:49 AM
  HI Vivek,

Pls find below..

1.  4X8=32, 32X9=288, 288X10=2880, 2880X11=31680
4. From each station the person has to buy 9 tickets and there exists 10 such stations so the no of ways are 9X10= 90..

cheers..
shiv
by TG Team - Wednesday, 16 December 2009, 11:15 AM

Hi Vivek smile

5) A & B play wid a dice,one who gets a 6 first wins. If A throws the dice first,what r their respective expectations?
( sir is ques ka matlab kya hai?)

p(A)/p(B) = 6/5

p(A) = 6/11 and p(B) = 5/11

These are the indivdual probabilities of winning and respective expectations also.

What do you mean by respective expectations here ?

by jaya arora - Wednesday, 16 December 2009, 01:46 PM
  Hello Dagny mam,

Its great effort put in by the total gadha team by uploading snap mocks.

Mam i have a request that could please upload the questions in one screen so that we can see all the questions at one otherwise it is taking a lot of time in navigating from one page to another.

I mean just like the questions appeared in the copy cats all at one shot

Regards,
Jaya
by roopal pareek - Wednesday, 16 December 2009, 03:16 PM

HI everyone,

It's regarding the mock test dated 13th dec.

I have a few doubts, if someone can answer them.

Q1: What is the middle digit of the product of 968 880 726 456 484 032  and 875?

Q2: What is the missing no. in the following series,

40, 41, 46, ?, 51, 56, 40, 61

Q3:  therez a grid given    4 | 5 | 6 | 7

-------------------

8 | 4 | 2 | 1

3 | 5 | 7 | 9

--------------------

36|45 | 56| ?

Thanks.

by jaya arora - Wednesday, 16 December 2009, 04:22 PM
  Hello Mam,

The answers for SNAP2005 have not been uploaded, please upload them

Regards,
Jaya
by aakash jadiya - Wednesday, 16 December 2009, 05:28 PM
  hi,
sorry in ur reply i m asking question rather than answer urs, well i didnt got link whr i can ask my question.

whn u click on view report after attempting the test, below the link of preview test it says, with preview test............................for detail analysis and solution........plz visit discussion board.

but as soon as u click on discussion board it direct u too .......http://www.totalgadha.scmhrd.edu/ with error Directory Listing Denied

This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.

wht is this?

thankx

regards,
aakash
by Sanjeev Kumar - Wednesday, 16 December 2009, 06:45 PM
  Site is taking to too much time to load each question and very very  slow .
I think one has to sit for 4 hours for 2 hr paper.

SCMHRD Junta, Please look into this immediately.
It will be a great value addition in our prep for SNAP.Otherwise, it will hardly help any.

Sanjeev.
by Manu Sakunia - Wednesday, 16 December 2009, 07:28 PM
  Hi,

Can someone plz elaborate on the solution of the question :-

by Sanjeev Kumar - Wednesday, 16 December 2009, 06:50 PM
  Hello TG,

When i click on Review Test button after finishing my test, it again asks to reattempt the paper. i am not able to review it.
by TG Team - Wednesday, 16 December 2009, 06:51 PM

Roopal smile

In the grid question, just see the pattern:

(4 + 8)3 = 36

(5 + 4)5 = 45

(6 + 2)7 = 56

(7 + 1)9 = 72.

In the series question again, missing digit can be easily found by determining the pattern of the series.

There are three series: every third term making an AP -

(40, ?, 40) (41, 51, 61) (46, 56)

I hope it is clear now that the missing digit is 40.  

Regarding middle digit one- just multiply and get it. Is it too difficult? smile

by deepika bagai - Wednesday, 16 December 2009, 06:57 PM

can sumbdy pls give me solutions for these questions(from mock 2: 1o dec 09)

Q1)what is the 19 th term in a arithmetic progression which contains 25 terms.

given that sum of first 12numbers of the series = sum of first 25 terms

Q2)find the wrong no. in the series

Q3)From a novel whose first leaf contains pages 1 and 2.Some leaves have been torn off.the sum of these page no's is 342.how many leaves have been torn off?

by nupur arora - Wednesday, 16 December 2009, 07:02 PM
  I am facing a problem in giving the mock test. It takes a lot of time for one question to load after another. Is their any alternative of giving the mock tests? Is everybody facing the same problem?
by TG Team - Wednesday, 16 December 2009, 07:07 PM

Q1)what is the 19 th term in a arithmetic progression which contains 25 terms.

given that sum of first 12numbers of the series = sum of first 25 terms

Using the given statement - you can easily say - sum of last 13 terms of AP = 0

Or 7th term of the last 13 terms is zero.

Or 19th term of the AP = 0 smile 

by noopur gupta - Wednesday, 16 December 2009, 09:01 PM

hello mam/sir,

i am unable to see d solutions of d mock papers......can u just help me out.....???? sad

i m clicking on d discussion board bt m not able to see d solution........

wt to do??? just help me out.........

by Manmeet Agarwal - Wednesday, 16 December 2009, 09:34 PM
  hey, am ujnable to acess thr the paper. tz showing some error weneva I login.
pls send me the MOCK_SNAP paper na.
manmeet.agarwal@gmail.com

thanks man
by Manmeet Agarwal - Wednesday, 16 December 2009, 09:35 PM
  hey, am unable to acess thr the paper. tz showing some error weneva I login.
pls send me the MOCK_SNAP paper na.

manmeet.agarwal@gmail.com

thanks yaa.
by aakash jadiya - Wednesday, 16 December 2009, 09:41 PM
  hi all,

try using google chrome for snapshot it work little faster then IE..........

regards, aakash
by Snapper hyd - Wednesday, 16 December 2009, 09:49 PM
  Hello Gunjan Mam,
In GK questions, pls look at question number 43 which says "Which company now owns car brands Jaguar, Land Rover, Aston Martin, Mazda n all?"
And the answer is given Ford Motors, but Land Rover and Jaguar now acquired by TATA Motors.
Is the GK Questions are not updated???
Please Reply.
Thanks.. smile
by Cosmo Fox - Wednesday, 16 December 2009, 10:30 PM
  Hi Dagny,

I tried taking the mock SNAPs on the SCMHRD site, but it takes way too long to navigate thru' the questions. I know it's no fault of urs :p
Just wanted to know if those mocks are available for a free d/l on this site in pdf. format???
Plz find time to reply.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers!
by DIVYA BANGA - Wednesday, 16 December 2009, 10:39 PM

hi deepika...

d logic thru vch m deduce d ans gvz 2

wel m jus made an attempt

d 2 at 2nd position z wrong..

5-2[1st pos]=3

14-2[2nd pos]=12  equation<1>

28-5=23

52-14=38

87-28=59

135-52=83

nw difference b/w dese differences z to b arranged acc to a pattern i.e. this new difference z divisible by 3

12-3=9

23-12=11if d 2 in equation <1> z replacd by 3 dn 14-3 givz 11 nw wen we subtract ths 11 4m 23 we get 12 hence divisible by 3..

38-23=15

59-38=21

83-59=24

eureka!!!!!

pure play vd digits wont attempt dis kinda question in xam..

by Manu Sakunia - Wednesday, 16 December 2009, 11:21 PM
  Hi,

Can someone plz elaborate on the solution of the question :-

by aakash jadiya - Wednesday, 16 December 2009, 11:36 PM
  hi,
can any one clarify on this.......

whn u click on view report after attempting the test, u are directed to preview test page, below the link of preview test it says, with preview test............................for detail analysis and solution........plz visit discussion board.

but as soon as u click on discussion board it direct u too .......http://www.totalgadha.scmhrd.edu/ with error Directory Listing Denied

This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.

wht is this?

thankx

regards,
aakash
by deepika bagai - Wednesday, 16 December 2009, 11:57 PM
  No divya d ans is 14.
by mac old - Thursday, 17 December 2009, 12:31 AM

how to deal with qs

like .......

word SYMBIOSIS indicates 50 then for PUNE...........?

nyone

pl help

by Dagny Taggart - Thursday, 17 December 2009, 12:51 AM
  To All,

1. If you have technical problems in your mock SNAP, please mail the issue to SCMHRD and not to us.
2. For answer keys, please request SCMHRD guys to help you out.
3. For solutions, please post your queries in this thread and someone or other will help you out.

Dagny

by DEEPIKA AGARWAL - Thursday, 17 December 2009, 09:47 AM

heyy

can i know where to look for the answers of the mock tests at the scmhrd website??without knowing the solutions the tests doesnt seems to be useful 

by Arunav Kashyap - Thursday, 17 December 2009, 10:10 AM
  Question No.9-12 and 19-22 have the same graph but 9-12 are not going with the graph(Quantitative Aptitude and Data Interpretation Mock Snap-16th Dec)So please forward the Correct graph for 9-12
by DEEPIKA AGARWAL - Thursday, 17 December 2009, 10:18 AM

Hey Amrita,

where did you find the pdf of answers for mock1??please let me know. it would be a huge favour..thanks

by Arunav Kashyap - Thursday, 17 December 2009, 12:01 PM
  anyone please help me to solve Q.No 19-22 of Quantitative (Mock No.16th dec)m waiting
by aakash jadiya - Thursday, 17 December 2009, 12:13 PM
  got reply from SCMHRD, but didnt expected this,

well i have mailed our prob to SCMHRD on 16/12/09,

saying this...
i have appeared for snapshot in your website, it took me 6.5 hrs to complete 2 hrs paper. and after tht no analysis or no separate answer given in the websites. registered with Total gadha.com but they say scmhrd has to take action we can do anything, actually it of no use giving test like where u cant track ur time.

after my test i got link of view report n whn u click on it it direct u to preview report, just below tht it says for detailed analysis ...................click on discussion board, n as soon as u click on it, it direct u to totalgadha.scmhrd.edu with the error of directory entry invalid.

well can u tell us something abt this,

got reply like this,
Hi Akash,

The website is slow as there is a lot of traffic on the website as a lot of students are taking the tests. If you would like to take the test at a time when not many people are accessing the website, then after midnight will be a great time to take the test. For detailed analyses you will have to go through the discussion board itself.

Regards,

Ruchika
Admissions Office,
SCMHRD

by aakash jadiya - Thursday, 17 December 2009, 12:14 PM
  then i again replied to below mail saying this
"but wht abt the error when we click on discussion board?????"

got reply from SCMHRD,

Yes, that is being rectified. It will be sorted by tonight. Meanwhile, you can visit the Discussion Board by clicking on the link at the bottom of the homepage of the website.

Regards,
Gunjan
Admissions Office,
SCMHRD
by aakash jadiya - Thursday, 17 December 2009, 12:21 PM
  so good news for all us is that SCMHRD has found very good solution , instead giving us some light for SNAPSHOT they have put us in complete dark by editing the link,

initially it was
when u see page of link of view report n whn u click on it it direct u to preview report, just below tht it says for detailed analysis ...................click on discussion board, n as soon as u click on it, it direct u to totalgadha.scmhrd.edu with the error of directory entry invalid.

now after my reply to mail it says something really good,
"With preview test, you can preview all questions answer u have marked along with the correct answers. for queries and doubt to your questions, please visit the discussion board."

so now no question of detailed analysis from scmhrd,

can dagny mam comment on this please........

regards,

aakash jadiya

by aakash jadiya - Thursday, 17 December 2009, 12:25 PM
  SCMHRD is expecting answer to be given by Total Gadha and DAGNY MAM is expecting all are question to be answered by SCMHRD............

by DEEPIKA AGARWAL - Thursday, 17 December 2009, 01:15 PM
  We really need the solutions Dagny ma'am.Please help us!!
by Anjali Gaba - Thursday, 17 December 2009, 02:19 PM

It is taking more than six hours to take a 2 hour test.All this effort goes waste when we can't see even the answers leave alone solutions.Please help us.

by Nidhi Mehta - Thursday, 17 December 2009, 02:54 PM

Hi TG, Dagny, Gunjan,

Its been really thoughtful of you guys to start this. This is greatly apreciated. This would definitely be a lot of help. smile

Jus wanted to bring one thing in your notice. After we start the test, the time taken to switch from one question to another is a lot and to complete a single test itself, it takes round about 5 hours. It would be great if you can somehow manage this. Thanks ! smile

BTW, is this the indication for SNAP going online the next year? (Ofcourse depending on the success of the mocks) and these mock exams are to jus check the software and server capabilities ? tongueout

Thanks,

Nidhi smile 

by jaya arora - Thursday, 17 December 2009, 03:28 PM
  the link is not working plz look into it 
by Gunjan Arora - Thursday, 17 December 2009, 03:33 PM
  Hi Nidhi and the others,

Firstly, thanks a lot for the appreciation smile Its good to know that even with the technical issues and the slow speed, most people have managed to derive some positives from this endeavor.

Let me just clarify that this series was entirely an SCMHRD initiative and has nothing to do with the SNAP test secretariat. It in no way indicates anything about the format of the SNAP test in future years. In my personal opinion though SNAP is a long way from going online, and the way has been become even longer after the way CAT happened this year. smile Again, this is entirely my personal opinion. :P

To the people who are still facing issues of speed with the site - there is honestly very little we can do about it at this stage. The speed is a result of the traffic on the site and please believe me when I say that the response from students has been overwhelming and totally unexpected.

I urge everyone AGAIN to try and focus on the objective of the series, which was to get better prepared for SNAP. There is a lot of material even without including the mocks which can be used to meet this objective, atleast to some extent. Obviously it would have been far better if the site had worked completely glitch-free, and that will definitely be our target for next year. Ofcourse by then all of you will hopefully be in some awesome B-school anyway, but still :P

Gunjan
by Mohit Gupta - Thursday, 17 December 2009, 04:32 PM
  Can i expect the marks in SNAP exam to be near to what I am getting in these mock tests? also the tests take a lot of time now what it used to take for Ist two mocks. I am using Mozilla.. is it that browser problem or some other technical problem.
by Nidhi Mehta - Thursday, 17 December 2009, 04:44 PM
  Hey Mohit, I am really not sure, how are you able to conclude that your performance will be as good/bad in the actual test as in the mocks. The reason I am saying so is there is no time limit in which the test will finish off.. You can take it for as long as you are satisfied. Moreover, as you say that the test is taking too long to open and other glitches, you cannot keep account if the time (even manually).. Moreover, many of the questions are similar to the earlier tests of SNAP except for the change in data. Not sure if the same would happen at actual test as well. Please enlighten us if you are of a different opinion.
by mridul maharishi - Thursday, 17 December 2009, 06:19 PM
  can any one provide me the answer key for snap 2004 or pls provide me link 
by mridul maharishi - Thursday, 17 December 2009, 06:21 PM
  what was the logic of deposit of 198 & withdrawl of 300, ques.in mock 8
by TG Team - Thursday, 17 December 2009, 06:32 PM

Mridul smile

You just need to find the highest integral value of the expession 300x - 198y where x and y are non negative integers.

An important but basic point which I'd like to share here -

ax + by = k*HCF(a, b)

where a, b, x, y and k are integers. smile

by Mohit Gupta - Thursday, 17 December 2009, 09:52 PM
  I agree with you Nidhi. 
by DEEPIKA AGARWAL - Friday, 18 December 2009, 12:04 PM
  can anybody please sove the question of jamuna and the lemons in mock 4???
by Nidhi Mehta - Friday, 18 December 2009, 12:57 PM
  @ Gunjan, Would really appreciate if you could jus clear a doubt of mine. I know you are not here for this purpose, but thot that no one else would be able to clear it as good as you. I am software proffessional working in an IT comapny past 20 months. But my acads are not very excellent, jus average (Xth: 73.6, XIIth: 74, BE: 69.38). Was wondering if there is any chance that scmhrd would select me for GD/PI (even though I clear the cuttoff's) as we have always heard that scmhrd selection is primarily based on profile. Frankly,should I even apply for it. Please Help ! Thanks, Nidhi smile
by Nidhi Mehta - Friday, 18 December 2009, 01:07 PM

hi TG, Dagny,

While posting my query to Gunjan, an idea jus clicked my mind and hence thot to share.

It would be great if you can ope a forum wherein the Alumni of total gadha can  post their opinions and experience related to the various b-schools !!

I tired to find one inhere, but cudnt find any. Please let me know the path, if there exist any, already.

Thanks, Nidhi. smile

by Nidhi Mehta - Friday, 18 December 2009, 01:07 PM

hi TG, Dagny,

While posting my query to Gunjan, an idea jus clicked my mind and hence thot to share.

It would be great if you can ope a forum wherein the Alumni of total gadha can  post their opinions and experience related to the various b-schools !!

I tired to find one inhere, but cudnt find any. Please let me know the path, if there exist any, already.

Thanks, Nidhi. smile

by Slim Shady - Friday, 18 December 2009, 05:32 PM
  @ Gunjan:
Hi

U are doing an amazing job . I in a dilemma .....would you mind takin out time to help me?

could you suggest a strategy so that i meet respective sectional cut-offs.
The information on PG is really confusing..
according to a current student

one's attempt should be somewhat like the one given below:
gk 7-9
eng-17-19
lr-23-25
quant-17-19

also blanket calls are given at 81.5 ....
don't understand ..what to do should i focus on reasoning where i can maximise score or should i attempt 20+ question in section??
a real quandary it is ..isn'it?

or should i give 45 minutes to LR n 30mins each to ENG n di/qnt AND 15 mins to GK...

i am sorry if i exasperate you with this post ..but i seek your divine aid...;)...can't afford to bungle ...
thank you for your patience....
by parikshit loke - Friday, 18 December 2009, 06:48 PM

hi i am parikshit loke

I have gone through all the mocks

Just wanted to know whether the answers for the same will be posted or not?

also if the mocks can be converted into pdf format would be very kind of u.

It will be handy for quick revision

Also I wanted to know, In ur mocks GK questions were many.General Awareness wasn't there as much.i am not that prepared with gk.

General Awareness is my forte.

Will it suffice for snap?

by Gunjan Arora - Friday, 18 December 2009, 09:56 PM
  Hi Nidhi,

Let me begin by telling you the parameters we mean when we say profile based selection.

In this, we are looking at a candidate's SNAP score, previous academic performance, work experience (if any), extracurriculars and achievements. However, the weightages assigned to each parameter are dynamic and vary.

The good part of this type of a process is that no candidate is eliminated simply because he/she scores poorly on one or two of the areas. It is very possible, and often seen, that people who are lacking in one area manage to more than make up for it in another.

However, this is not to give you any guarantees because at the end of the day it is all relative to the overall pool of applicants and how each person ranks up.

I can assure you though that this process is totally objective and quantified and you will stand as decent a chance of clearing as any other applicant. My advice is that if you are worried about your acads, try and maximize your SNAP score and make up for them through that smile

Gunjan
by Gunjan Arora - Friday, 18 December 2009, 10:06 PM
  Hi Slim Shady, smile

Let me clarify that as of last year, SCMHRD did not have sectional cut-offs at all. Also, blanket calls are given only to exceptional SNAP performers and form only around 5% of the total GD/PI calls that we give out. The major proportion of calls is through a profile based selection system, which I have described above.

Also I'm no authority on strategy to be followed while attempting tests smile I think maybe TG and Dagny would be more equipped to help you with that.

I can share my personal strategy - I found that GK takes only 10-15 minutes MAX to attempt. I wouldnt advice anyone to ever, under any circumstances, give more than 15 minutes to GK.

LR is a high weightage section, and for me needed around 40-45 minutes to attempt well. I think I managed to attempt almost 20-22 questions out of 30 last year.

The remaining one hour I divided between quant and verbal. Since my verbal is far stronger than quant (even all that studying on TG couldnt push my quant score beyond a certain limit :P), I gave around 20 minutes to verbal and 40 to quant. As far as number of attempts go, it depends on your accuracy. The endeavor should be to avoid negative marking.

Hope that helps! Maybe TG can add to my suggestions smile

Gunjan
by DIVYA BANGA - Friday, 18 December 2009, 10:42 PM

hi gunjan,

i m 4m a biology background basically nonmaths..

i scored 84% i 10th n 70% in 12th class

n m a final year student of B.Sc.

biotechnology. also my result for the

2 years f graduation is 70%.

is my profile considered to b weak even if i clear the snapcutoff?

please do reply..would b f gr8 help..thanx

by ABHISHEK CHATTERJEE - Friday, 18 December 2009, 10:30 PM
  i am scoring 76.75 on test no 1 i.e. 10th dec mock is the score good bad or average.
by mac old - Friday, 18 December 2009, 10:47 PM
  what is meant by "BLANKET CALL"
by nidhi soni - Friday, 18 December 2009, 10:48 PM
  where r the answers?
by Slim Shady - Friday, 18 December 2009, 11:09 PM
  @ Gunjan ;)

Thank you very much.I am indebted to you!i was contemplating the same strategy...let us see if it works out for me!
thanks again!
;)
by Gunjan Arora - Saturday, 19 December 2009, 02:24 AM
  Hi Divya,

Lemme tell you my background smile

10th, 12th - biology with psychology, no maths
Graduation - BSc. Biological Sciences from DU
Fresher smile

Marks weren't too different from yours either. Point is - dont worry about these things right now and just concentrate on SNAP. Im sure you'll do fine smile

Hope that answers your question. Good luck for SNAP and stay strong in your preparation!

Gunjan
by Gunjan Arora - Saturday, 19 December 2009, 02:31 AM
  @ Mac old - an SCMHRD blanket call is a GD/PI call given on the basis of SNAP score alone, irrespective of profile. As in if you score exceptionally in SNAP, you are invited for GD/PI under a blanket of that performance, no matter how weak or strong the rest of your profile is.

@ Slim Shady - smile glad I could help! All the best for the big day smile
help!
by Bharat Jain - Saturday, 19 December 2009, 04:51 AM
  pls ny1 lemmeo kno dat weder m rote o nt? d orginal previos yrs snap papers were easy as compared to the awsum TG mock series no? wil d LOD dis tym b same as TG\'s mocks??
Re: help!
by sherin george - Saturday, 19 December 2009, 11:48 AM

respected sir,madam

i have been trying to solve this some but couldnt understand what they want

the train stops at 15 stations, find out how mant tickets the autorities need?

kindly help

Re: help!
by ABHISHEK CHATTERJEE - Saturday, 19 December 2009, 01:20 PM
  hell yeah i am of the same view
by PerXepTon IluZion - Saturday, 19 December 2009, 03:00 PM
  Hi,

The website is working extremely slow....

So can you please send or upload the questions in PDF !!
So that they can be solved and read in comparatively less time ..
Your effort is highly appreciated

Regards,
PerX
by DIVYA BANGA - Saturday, 19 December 2009, 11:00 PM

thnx dear...

hw mch shd i score in order to secure a call 4m siib n sitm?

by Dagny Taggart - Sunday, 20 December 2009, 05:52 PM
  How did the exam go, guys?

Dagny
by nupur arora - Sunday, 20 December 2009, 06:21 PM
  The paper was easy but GK was tough. There were a few errors too in the paper that is regrettable. Anyhow it is relative to how others do, so won't matter much.
SNAP 2009
by Ace Mccloud - Sunday, 20 December 2009, 06:30 PM
  Hi,

The paper pattern was bit different than the previous years.

Earlier, there were more puzzles in the LR section. But this year, we did not find any puzzles.

Only 1 RC this year, although earlier there were 2-3 RCs.

GK was tough and business GK was less.

Regards,
ACE
by Robin Jain - Sunday, 20 December 2009, 06:34 PM
  Was good but the GK was definitely tough.
Attempted 101...
Used Pencil to mark Answers...
by Ace Mccloud - Sunday, 20 December 2009, 06:35 PM
  Hi TG Sir and Dagny Madam,

I have marked all my answers with Pencil instead of Pen.

Could you please let me know whether my paper will get checked or not.

I was planning to fill SCMHRD as my paper went very well. Should I fill the form ??

by abm . - Sunday, 20 December 2009, 07:25 PM
  can any one tell what could be the sectional cutoffs for scmhrd and
siib in quants section i am getting only 8.5 marks in it.
others section i am sure to clear the cutoffs .
did 32 in english,28 in gk with around 24 correct,17 in ar.
should i apply for these colleges.
Re: Used Pencil to mark Answers...
by Slim Shady - Sunday, 20 December 2009, 07:28 PM
  attempted 105....
was easier than MAT.;)
by deepika bagai - Sunday, 20 December 2009, 07:56 PM

Hey can sumbdy tell me d cutoffs?(:-p)

I want to apply to SIMC n I am getting a score of 75.5 .Pls sumbdy tell me...............

by Slim Shady - Sunday, 20 December 2009, 07:59 PM
  i m sure u will get a call from SIMC..
by Slim Shady - Sunday, 20 December 2009, 08:17 PM
  @ TG SIR n Dagny Mam
There were two questions(class size n Boat) in the exam which were incorrect..i wasted some time on them..Will Symbi compensate us for those incorrect questions coz 2 marks can definitely play spoilsport for me..or are they going to do without those incorrect questions..some students attempted the nearest possible answers...
I hope they give marks to everyone.. for these questions..what is your take on this..?
by Floydian _iva - Sunday, 20 December 2009, 08:25 PM
  @ Slim Shady
The boat question was correct. You might have taken the distance travel 30km + 30 km. But the TOTAL distance covered is 30km. So the answer will be 5.
The equations are: x + y = 7.5 (NOT 15)
x - y = 2.5 (NOT 5)
Hope it make sense.
Good luck.
Avi
by shashank nainwal - Sunday, 20 December 2009, 08:34 PM
  My OA is 102.5 with 6.75 in GK, i am a bit skeptical about it. I have filled only SIBM Pune. MY profile is good, couple of national papers and a state player. Should i apply to SCMHRD, comments welcome...
by Slim Shady - Sunday, 20 December 2009, 09:22 PM
  @ floydin:
Bro it still does not make sense smile
even IMS key says the question is wrong..
and moreover SAME DISTANCE is travelled upstream as well..so
X+y=15
X-y=5
still holds
any second thoughts?
Re: Used Pencil to mark Answers...
by Dagny Taggart - Sunday, 20 December 2009, 09:23 PM
  HI Ace,

Please mail your query to SCMHRD guys. If it was mentioned that you had to use the pen, then you should have done that. But anyhow, just send a mail to admissions@scmhrd.edu .

Dagny
by Slim Shady - Sunday, 20 December 2009, 09:24 PM
  Huh ..Did not want to check scores right away but eventually gave in ..
my scores as per IMS key:
LR:35
Qnt:10.25
Gk:10.25
va:25.75
oa: 81.25

alas!! was hopin to score 90 +...lol...
do i stand any chance to get SIMB....smile
SCMHRD OR SIIB??

have applied to sibm ...haven aplied to SIIB N SCHMRD yet..
what's ur take folks?
by Dagny Taggart - Sunday, 20 December 2009, 09:25 PM
  Hi Slim Shady,

I am sure these guys would find a way out to deal with the incorrect questions. Send them a mail, just in case.

Dagny
by Slim Shady - Sunday, 20 December 2009, 09:48 PM
  @ Gunjan:

my scores as per IMS key:
LR:35
Qnt:10.25
Gk:10.25
va:25.75
oa: 81.25

alas!! was hopin to score 90 +

Profile:
====
10th:74%
12th:70.6%
B.Sc:61.25%
Diploma in French with 75%
WOrk ex: 13 months with experience certificate
don't have experience certificate for 5 months with Wipro BPO..

do i stand a chance in SCMHRD...
should i apply to it??
I have given my exp as 13 months in snap registration ...should i edit it to 18 months? though i could not resign officialy since i was not well..never went back..;)
ur advice?
thanks in advance
by Shantanu Banerjee - Sunday, 20 December 2009, 09:52 PM
  Very easy paper today......
My scores per IMS key

Eng - 26.5
QA/DI - 20 (all correct)
GK - 7.5

LR - 50 (all correct)
Overall - 104 angry

gave only 5 mins to GK.....invigilator was so kharus......first bench pe baitha tha .... paper cheen liya....baaki ke bande peeche araam se 5-6 GK ke ques bana liye honge bell bajne ke baad.
by Slim Shady - Sunday, 20 December 2009, 09:55 PM
  thank you..;) wiil do right away!
by vikash kumar - Sunday, 20 December 2009, 09:55 PM
  hi
i got 108.gk getting 8.75.boat ques is correct as stream can be stronger than boat.with boat 5 and stream 10 its correct.
time material said five year plans were finally approved by natioanl development council. ans keys says planning commission.any bode plz clarify
by Tapabrata Chatterjee - Sunday, 20 December 2009, 10:39 PM
  My scores as per IMS key :
VA: 28.75
LR: 50
GK:20
QA: 8.75sad

Overall: 107.5.

I have nearly 4 yrs of work exp in IT. Can i get a call from SIBM and SCMHRD ? ( maths was a total blunder sad)
by sirisha vj - Sunday, 20 December 2009, 10:45 PM
  Hi all,

My score according to TF is 75.75 sad...

I have a total of 26 months of exp in IT..

My acads are

10th:91.3
12:93.4
Engg:73

DO I stand a chance for SCMHRD and SIIB ...?

Should I apply??

Pls do reply
by Abhimanyu Singla - Sunday, 20 December 2009, 10:51 PM
  My scores
English - 25.25
Maths-- 32
LR -- 43
GK 8.75 sad sad sad

Any chance of SIBM
by nidhi soni - Sunday, 20 December 2009, 11:11 PM

hi gunjan

i forgot to give my feedback and marked my answers by pencil.....will they invalidate my booklet?

any expected the cut offs??

by nishant chawla - Monday, 21 December 2009, 12:21 AM
  My scores       
QA 30
LR  51.5smile
GK 12.5
VA 30.5

total 124.5  as per Test funda

by wali khan - Monday, 21 December 2009, 01:11 AM
  hi slim shady

that question of boat

total distance is 30+30=60(downward and upward distance)
total time 2+6=8(downward and upward time)
therefore speed = 60/8= 7.5
they asked about the speed of the boat not the speed of boat at still water
so ans is 7.5
by Slim Shady - Monday, 21 December 2009, 01:22 AM
  @ wali:

Ah! thanx for the explanation bro!!
by vivek ghiria - Monday, 21 December 2009, 08:15 AM
  Hi Wali

This question is confusing. When question is asking 'speed of boat' it can be its own speed too.
So I think this question will be considered as invalid. Lets c smile
by prachi joshi - Monday, 21 December 2009, 10:56 AM
  @gunjan

my score as per the ims key
eng-26.75
qa-13sad
gk-7
lr-31.5
oa-78.25

my profile:
10th- 89%
12th-88%
Graduation till 2nd year- 80.4% (3rd yr awaiting)
i dont hav any work ex

there's no chance for sibm P...what shud i do I havnt applied to any other colg yet..
by ankit mahajan - Monday, 21 December 2009, 11:37 AM

HI Dangy Mam,

My scores

total -116

Analytical-48

Eng--32

QA--26

GK-10 

Concerned for GK...is 10 enough ?? for SIBM??

by ravi gandhi - Monday, 21 December 2009, 04:32 PM

hello all,

my scores OA 102.5 , with 2.5 in GK, shud i apply to SCHMRD and SIIB, i am not sure about this coleges if they take sectionals or not, if anyone has any idea then plz reply...

Thanx..

by Adi - - Monday, 21 December 2009, 05:29 PM
  yeah...
i totally agree.. the speed of boat comes out to be 10 and the speed of the strem is 5.
that is how x+y wil take 2hrs in dwnstream and x-y wil take 6 hours in upstream.

another dubious question was :
In an examination out of 80 students 85% of the girls and 70% of the boys passed.How many boys appeared in the examination if total pass %age was 75%?
a. 370
b. 340
c. 320
d. 360

i tried by taking 2 eq:
g + b = 80
85g + 70b = 75 * 80
but the value of b(no. of boys) that comes s hardly anywhere near any of the options.
Dagny pl help!
wasted time!!!

thoughtful
by Gunjan Arora - Monday, 21 December 2009, 05:30 PM
  Hi Everyone!

Congratulations on having finally gotten SNAP over with! smile

Sounds like ya'll did pretty well... scores are looking higher than mine last year :P

I know everyone's speculating as to which colleges they can expect a call from. As far as SCMHRD goes, like I've already mentioned we do not have a cut-off based call system. It is based on a cumulative total score of SNAP, previous acads, achievements and ECA as well as work experience, if you have any.

To each of these parameters different weightages are assigned. These weightages are decided on the basis of an in-depth research that is carried out each year by a team of experts and is not revealed until the date of the shortlist, even to us. Hence it is very very difficult for me to comment on whether your individual profiles are good enough to get a call or not. However you can rest assured that you will not be judged solely on the basis of one criteria or one SNAP score, and will get a chance to be evaluated wholly.

You have all done your part to the best of your abilities, now please leave the rest of the thinking and confusion to the selection committee at SCMHRD and concentrate on the remaining exams!

Also, all those who have queries regarding the SNAP paper and whether certain questions will be counted or whether the paper will get cancelled if you've used a pencil etc, I request you to contact the SNAP secretariat directly. The contact email is info@snaptest.org and the phone numbers are 020-39116226/27/28.
They will be the best people to answer all your questions.

For any other confusion or query at any stage of the remaining admissions process, application, form-filling etc. for SCMHRD, please do not hesitate to contact me or my team at admissions@scmhrd.edu smile

Cheers,
Gunjan
by Gunjan Arora - Monday, 21 December 2009, 05:41 PM
  Dear Ravi,

As of last year, SCMHRD did not have any sectional cut-offs. I will not be able to comment on SIIB.

Gunjan
by raghu konduri - Monday, 21 December 2009, 06:05 PM
  Hi Gunjan,
I got a mediocre score of 75

Want to apply for SIOM...I know that expecting a call with this score is insane but still want to know if there is a chance!

Have 27 months experience with IBM till date..Can get good recos/Appreciation mails to desk!

Career Launcher say 90+...all others say 65+ (Large Gap!)

Any chance???

Regards,
Premasai!
by Slim Shady - Monday, 21 December 2009, 06:11 PM
  ;)
getting 88.75...
+6...feeling gud!!
by Adi - - Monday, 21 December 2009, 06:48 PM
  Hi TGites!
post-exam my personal analysis:

English : attemptd 40 bt commited inhumanly stupid mistakes.. overconfidence.. angry
QA DS DI : dead lost lot of time in sm dubious questions

well according to the keys provided by CL (which by the way seems pretty accurate), my scores comes out to be:

QA + DI + DS : 14.25
General English : 31.25
General Awareness : 11
A & LR : 44

Overall : 100.50 black eye sad

My proflile:
10th - 89.2% CBSE
12TH - 79% CBSE
Grad - BE, ECE 65.22%
Extra Curricular - Very Good

@Gujan: Hi Gunjan, pl let me kno if there is any chance at all for me to clear the cut off...
Should i apply for SCMHRD?? is there any chance?? thoughtful
by Gunjan Arora - Monday, 21 December 2009, 07:27 PM
  @ Adi - well done smile please read my reply to an earlier query about SCMHRD's shortlist process.

@ Slim - Nice smile

@ Raghu and Prachi - Please dont sound so disheartened! There is no way to say at this stage if 75 or 78 is a mediocre or adequate score! In order to have arrived at that conclusion you would need to first find out the expected scores of all the SNAP applicants, which im sure you havnt done smile

My advice is - please do adequate research about any institute that you want to apply to. The basis of this research shouldnt only be your chances of getting through, but also the kind of programmes offered there, the course structure, the overall atmosphere, placements situation etc.

I will not be able to help with any accurate information related to SIOM or SIBM or any other Symbiosis college, except my own. As far as SCMHRD goes, please read my reply above to understand our selection process. Please try and contact the other institute directly. And dont lose hope so soon, there's a long way to go still smile

Gunjan
by Adi - - Monday, 21 December 2009, 08:14 PM
  @gunjan: yeah just read it. thank you for such a useful post.
Just wanted to convey my appreciation too gunjan, u r doing a grt job here tryin to answer all the queries of perplexed, anxious aspirants like me... thanks so much. keep it up! big grin approve approve
by Slim Shady - Monday, 21 December 2009, 09:19 PM
  @ Gunjan:
Thank you indeed! You are the only person who actually painstakingly responds to incessant queries, most of which are already taken care of..kudos!!
gr8 wrk!!
by Rahul Tamrakar - Monday, 21 December 2009, 10:33 PM

Hello TG Sir,

I screwed my SNAP paper.

Over All:- 65 sad

LR :- 36.5

QA :- 13.5

GK:- 5.5

Eng :- 9.5

WorkExp :- 30 Months

I am ready to take admission in SIOB too.Please suggest me something.Can I expect a Call from some where (SIOM too).?

TG sir please reply...this year need to take admission.I can go 4 any average college too.Please suggest me something.

by Dipak Haridas - Tuesday, 22 December 2009, 10:28 AM
  hi gunjan,

as per ans keys provided by TF , i'm getting
eng- 27.75
quants- 17.25
GK-2.75 sad
and LR- 35
overall 82.75

SSC and HSC around 75 % with 40 months experience in Oil PSU (Navratna) .
wht r my realistic chances considering acads,  sectional cut offs, etc ?
i have applied for SIBM(P) and plan to apply SCMHRD and SIBM (B) or may be SIIB.
Pl tell us abt placement scenario, infrastructure , etc abt SIBM (b'lore) if u have any idea.

Thanks in advance

by venkata ponnada - Tuesday, 22 December 2009, 11:14 AM
  Hello Gunjan,
       as per ans keys provided by CL,testfunda and IMS I am getting a score around 83-85.5
LR->41-43.5
Eng->20.5-23.5
Quant->15.75
G.K.-->2.75-5

I have 28 months of IT experience do you think I can get a call from SCMHRD.
Thanks in advance
by bipin kumar - Tuesday, 22 December 2009, 01:48 PM
  Its a good score ...and i feel u will get the call
by Saravanar B - Tuesday, 22 December 2009, 02:07 PM

Hi TG sir,

I'm getting a score of 102.25.. SSLC - 84%.. HSC - 90% and two years of work ex...

Pls help me which insti to apply..

BTW i've already applied for SIBM-Pune...

P.s: GK - 7.75.. clearing other sections comfortably..

Thanks

Saran

by ruchi sharma - Tuesday, 22 December 2009, 02:23 PM

hi this is ruchi.my snap scores are-

QA-10

LR-18

ENG-17

GK-7.

overall score of approx 56

10th class-71%

12th-70%

bsc.biotech-78%

i want to know from which snap institutes i would expect a call?

by DIVYA BANGA - Tuesday, 22 December 2009, 06:08 PM

hi gunjan...

m gettin

quant 13.25

va 20

gk 10.25

lr 40

total 83.50

shd i fill scmhrd, siib n sitm?

i m a third year student n my extra-curricular is good.

10th-84%

12th-70%

grad upto second year 70%

by srikant dv - Tuesday, 22 December 2009, 06:32 PM

Hi,

Anyone please tell me what kind of cutoffs are possible for SIBM-P

My overall score is in range 115-120 but in gk it is 10.25.

Will the GK score be good enough????

Thanks

Sri

by Ayusman Tripathy - Tuesday, 22 December 2009, 07:06 PM
  Hi,

Following are my scores.

LR- 49
Eng - 18- 20
GK - 9
Quants - 8

Overall - 85.75
Academic scores :
10th - 87.4
+2 - 65.9
Engg : 80.6

3.5 yrs of total experiance

Good extracurricular achievements too ...

which all colleges can i expect? and please suggest which college i should apply for?
by nishant sinha - Tuesday, 22 December 2009, 08:37 PM

Hi gang,

its gudd that most of us have done a decent job in SNAP.

My doubt is :

i have already made payment for SCMHRD while registering for SNAP.

Now when i go and register for SCMHRD it generats a SID no and asks me to make further payment.

Can anyone please let me know if im missing something, or do i have to make payment twice ?

TIA,

Nish..

by Divya Aggarwal - Tuesday, 22 December 2009, 09:08 PM
  Hi TG sir,

Can you please advise me as to which college to apply for.
Following are my SNAP scores.

LR- 30
Eng - 23
GK - 9
Quants - 14.75

Total 76.75

Academic scores :
10th - 80
+2 - 85.4
Engg : 75.4

2.5 yrs of total experiance

Good extracurricular achievements too ...

by Gunjan Arora - Tuesday, 22 December 2009, 11:31 PM
  @ Adi and Slim - thank you smile its a been there, done that, know how it feels situation smile
by Gunjan Arora - Tuesday, 22 December 2009, 11:46 PM
  Hi Dipak, Venkat, Divya and Ayusman - Good job on SNAP smile

As far as your queries regarding whether you can expect a call from SCMHRD or not, let me repeat myself and say again that at this stage I cannot predict these things.

However, please read my reply to a previous query above where I have explained SCMHRD's shortlist criterion. It will give you a fair idea of what all is considered. My sincere advice is not to speculate so much at this stage, because it is not possible to estimate whether you have done better or worse than the thousands of other applicants without knowing their scores and profiles. Just ensure that you dont end up in a situation where you have performed very well, but lose out on your chance to get through because you have not applied to an institute of your choice.

And sorry, I dont know any details about SIBM B either smile

@ everyone - honestly, this is the only help i can give you related to this! I understand that everyone is tensed and wants a clear direction as to whether to apply somewhere or not. But until the result comes out, I know only as much as any of you. I really don't know enough to predict whether individual profiles will get calls sad

Gunjan
by Gunjan Arora - Tuesday, 22 December 2009, 11:51 PM
  Dear Nishant,

No, dont worry you do not have to pay again! smile

It works like this - after you register on our website and get your SID key, it takes us 24-48 hours to match your details with the ones you provided at SNAP to make the payment. So after that much time your payment gets authenticated from our end and you get a confirmation mail about the same. After this you can access the rest of the form and fill it in.

If you face any further problems with this, please mail us immediately at admissions@scmhrd.edu with your SID key, SNAP id and contact info.

Gunjan

by Dipak Haridas - Wednesday, 23 December 2009, 12:30 AM
  Thnx a lot Gunjan,

can u shed some light on selection procedure after short-listed by SCMHRD,
i mean the kind of GD topics or extempore or usual PI questions...just in case u remember ...
by Nidhi Mehta - Wednesday, 23 December 2009, 12:28 PM

Hey GUnjan,

M scoring 80.25 +/-2... (with confusion persisting with different answer keys !!)

I have an experience of 20 months (as on date), 10th: 74, 12th 74, Grad(BE): 69.4... Not sure if I should apply to SCMHRD... I know u've answered it many a times above.. but still, I want to confirm once again..

Also, as many people are scoring above 100... I am not sure, if a filthy score of 80 would lead me anywhere !! sad  |B-(

How is SCIT.. as in the placements and other stuffs... neidea ?

Please suggest.. 

Thanks a lot !

Nidhi smile

by Nidhi Mehta - Wednesday, 23 December 2009, 12:30 PM

Hey GUnjan,

M scoring 80.25 +/-2... (with confusion persisting with different answer keys !!)

I have an experience of 20 months (as on date), 10th: 74, 12th 74, Grad(BE): 69.4... Not sure if I should apply to SCMHRD... I know u've answered it many a times above.. but still, I want to confirm once again..

Also, as many people are scoring above 100... I am not sure, if a filthy score of 80 would lead me anywhere !! sad  |B-(

How is SCIT.. as in the placements and other stuffs... neidea ?

Please suggest.. 

Thanks a lot !

Nidhi smile

by Pradeep Mavilla - Wednesday, 23 December 2009, 01:17 PM
  Hi TG Sir,

I got 83.5 according to Test Funda
and 81.5 according to CL
and 82 according to IMS

Verbal - 25-26
Logical R - 42
Quant - 9.5
GK - 6

Over all: 83

10th: 78.5%
12th: 80.8

B.Tech: 69.05

I also have 2+ Years(26 months) of work-ex in one of India's best corporates

Can I expect a call from SCM-HRD
Please reply to me asap @ pradzy224@gmail.com

Thanks in advance
by Pradeep Mavilla - Wednesday, 23 December 2009, 01:20 PM
  My name is Pradeep BTW

and I am actually desperate.....Please reply back to me for sure Sir
by vishal shah - Wednesday, 23 December 2009, 01:24 PM
  Hello srikant (DV)...u have scored well man...115-120 is a sure shot call from SIBM(Pune)...GK is also good with 10.25...last year GK cutoff was 7...nd this time it seems GK was tough so be assured man u are definitely through...smile
by Pradeep Mavilla - Wednesday, 23 December 2009, 01:28 PM
  Hi TG Sir,

This is Pradeep again. I have gone thru ur previous replies for the SCM-HRD's admission funda.

I have a doubt

I work for a reputed organisation in Hyderabad. I have 30+ months of corporate experience and am earning a decent income

Due to some personal reasons, I am desperate to join any decent institute. So I have singled out

1. SIBM Pune and bengaluru
2. SCM-HRD
3. SIIB

Now that the first precedence is out of the question (as my total is 83.5 only :'(), I would be happy if I can get thru SCMHRD (given if i get a call and clear the subsequent rounds)

But if not, shall I take the step forward and join SIIB (if I can get thru it)

What say!
I haven't heard reviews about SIIB............PPL please help me out with this

thanks in advance
by Gunjan Arora - Thursday, 24 December 2009, 03:30 PM
  Hi Nidhi,

Congrats on the score! smile I can understand the discouragement that would arise if people keep posting scores of 100+, but please remember that they form barely 1% of the total applicant population! At the risk of sounding repetitive, let me again advice that you don't draw too many conclusions from this and keep your chances open until the result comes out.

And no, sorry I really cannot comment on SCIT. Best is to try their website or find some current students like me. smile

Take care and good luck for the rest of the admissions process!

Gunjan
by Swapnil Kekan - Friday, 25 December 2009, 12:36 AM

Hi friends,

A little help neede........

Expected Snap Score:75-80

10Th: 80.12%,  12th:87.33 %  , BE-67% ,  Work exp: 38 months with Reliance energy, Power PLant construction smile

I want advice on:

Can I expect call from SCMHRD given my weak score

Wat do they look into when they say profile based call??

Howz SCMHRD given my 38 months of exp ?? .....I mean howz lateral placements.....Wat placements can i expect.....Is it worth to sign up for a two yrs programme at SCMHRD over 1 yr programne at some other colleges like Glakes

Guys please help..........thanks in advance

by Nidhi Mehta - Monday, 28 December 2009, 05:22 PM

Thanks Gunjan.. 

I greatly appreciate it !! smile

Nidhi.

by Slim Shady - Wednesday, 30 December 2009, 08:06 PM
  @ Gunjan

Hi
Could you help us in GD/pi preparation for SCMHRD?
Your inputs could do wonders.
Thank you
by kris kris - Saturday, 2 January 2010, 10:50 AM
  HI
I am expecting a call from SCMHRD and a border case for SIBM-p
Can any one pleease let me know the profile of SCMHRD
And compare among IMT-G SIBM-P IMI SCMHRD

Please also let me know about the salaries offered at SCMHRD
I heard like the colleges boost their salaries a lot please let me know the actual salaries of SCMHRD

And is it worth to go SCMHRD conisidering the return on investment

Please reply
by Nidhi Mehta - Monday, 4 January 2010, 08:08 PM

Hi Dagny, TG, Gunjan,

While filling up the application form for SCMHRD, there is this one question, on which I need your inputs.

Q. Would you like to enter any other information about you that would help you enhance your candidature?

Could you please help on some tips/ blog/ articles that would help me understand as to what is expected out here !

I have varied ideas in my mind, not sure what exactly

PS: If anyone else can think of something, pls feel free to post !

Thanks,
Nidhi.

by Total Gadha - Monday, 4 January 2010, 09:22 PM
  Hi Nidhi,

Anything positive (with respect to your candidature) that you have not documented so far in your resume or anywhere else in the form.

Total Gadha
by SHALINI sharma - Friday, 8 January 2010, 11:57 AM
  Hi Dagny, TG, Gunjan,

I am filling the module 8( open ended Q) and 9 ( photo ) in the online schmrd form .Even after pressing the save button, the details are not getting saved.
plz advice,what shal i do ?

thank you.

by Aniruddha Jaju - Saturday, 9 January 2010, 01:55 PM
  Maam/Sir,

I have been following TG regularly for updates and good mind boggling questions!

I had a doubt. Where are the SIBM-Pune GD/PI held? In Pune or the City of test centre?
by himanshu mishra - Saturday, 9 January 2010, 08:47 PM

One thing , I want to say abt  Dagny and Tg .They are very cooperative to any student who wants their genuine help.First time in 2007 ,I saw this site and in these 2 years Dagny and Tg have written another success story to inspire  Indian youths.............................. 

Both of you ...................................are amazing people . Particularly, Dagny yu always helped me. When I asked for any kind of help................

I do not know now yr able to remember me or not  but  thanks  for yr all support......in many ways and congratulation for ...........Another Feather to TG Cap...  

by Adi - - Tuesday, 12 January 2010, 11:44 AM

Symbiosis National Aptitude TEST 2009
SCORE CARD
» This is an advance copy of your score card.
» For official copy of your result, please log on to www.snaptest.org

Sections Marks
Scored Max
Marks
General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability 28.75 40
Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency 16.25 40
General Awareness: General Knowledge, Current Affairs, Business Scenario 10 40
Analytics & Logical Reasoning 3960
Total 94 / 180

@gunjan: thus are my final score srecieved today morning. can u pl gimme a rough idea about my chances. would be very thankful...

thanking you,

an anxious aspirant