New Batches at TathaGat Delhi & Noida!               Directions to CP centre
GMAT - Fared badly
by neha patni - Monday, 23 November 2009, 12:52 PM

Hello TG/DT

I took my GMAT exam on friday last week i.e. on 20th november, 2009 and got a score of 600 (Q44/V29). I am still not able to believe that i cud get such a low score becoz i wrote about 4 MBA prep tests (got 650, 690, 680, 680) and 5 800score tests (got 720, 580, 650, 680, 680). In verbal i never scored lower than 37 and average was 40-41. i don't know what went wrong and i m unable to retrospect upon my mistakes. I have done my schooling from a convent school and i m aware about basic english usage. I read Manhattan SC Guide, princton, OG-12, Kaplan, etc. and practised questions from OG-12, kaplan, SC-1000 ques, 117 RC, 500 CR, etc. I kept track of my wrong questions and before the GMAT day, again went thru my mistakes. On the GMAT day, i was fully confident and was not nervous at all. Even during writing my exam i was calm. I have been reading Economist from last 3 months. But with such a low score i m disheartened and unable to get back to normal. I have two questions in this regard:

First, with this GMAT score whether i will b able to get any of the top B-Schools in India such as SP Jain (mumbai and Global), Great Lakes, XLRI, IIFT, etc? Or can I get a good college abroad such as NUS or AIM?

Brief about my profile - I am a mechanical Engineering Graduate (from College of Technology and Engineering, Udaipur) and i was 3rd rank holder in my branch. I have a work experience of about 57 months and working as Marketing Professional (with 3 and a half years exp. in domestic market i.e. India and 1 year and 3 months experience in International Market i.e. Sri Lanka.

Second, if with this score, I can't get a good college, should i retake GMAT. But now i have lost my confidence becoz even after so much prep, I got such a low score and whether I shall be able to get a good score when I retake gmat. If u suggest of writing GMAT again, what should be the strategy and what book should i read and when should i write GMAT again.

Please help me with this situation, as i m unable to think anything beyond this.

neha

Re: GMAT - Fared badly
by kunal agrawal - Monday, 23 November 2009, 06:51 PM
  hello Neha....

AIM's cut off is 600. u can get call from that ....
however for other....before looking into the acads, they see GMAT score first for intial review.....

And secondly....dont loseur confidence.....appear again...but the deadlines are approaching too.....plan accordinly...

Kunal
by neha patni - Tuesday, 24 November 2009, 11:34 AM

Hey Kunal

Thanks for the info...i m planning to write GMAT again after 2 months...lets see what's the outcome...well have u written GMAT?

by kunal agrawal - Tuesday, 24 November 2009, 05:07 PM
  Yes I did.....i got low score too/......650 (QA=50, VA=28)

For SPJ mumbai/GBIM.....  u can appear for their own exam too....thats pretty simple too....look for SP jain's test on their website
they conduct that after every 2-3 months
by Nimisha Verma - Monday, 11 January 2010, 04:08 PM

GMAT need more practice……Read some famous GMAT preparatory books. The best way to prepare is to get lots of practice, so you get used to the questions. While searching for my study material, came across totalgadha.com which is has some good stuff. The best part I like about this site is that TG and Dagny are so helpful....... Hope this will help you ……….. Best of luck