New Batches at TathaGat Delhi & Noida!               Directions to CP centre
Para-Jumble....need your help
by Anup Mahapatra - Friday, 20 November 2009, 06:28 PM
  Can anybody  please explain what would be the answer of the following question? I need your help.

DIRECTIONS : There are five sentences/paragraphs. The sentence/paragraph labelled A is in its correct place. The four that follow are labelled B, C, D and E, and need to be arranged in the logical order to form a coherent paragraph/passage. From the given options, choose the most appropriate option.

. (A) The end of the Cold War had a triple significance for world affairs : the defeat of one power by another, the triumph of one political ideology over another, and the discrediting of one economic model in favour of another. All three have now been attenuated.
(B) The struggle for power and influence between them was global, leaving no corner of the world untouched or uncontested.
(C) The Cold War was a global and transcendental struggle centred on and led by the Soviet Union and the United States.

(D) And it was transcendental because of competing ideologies that could not tolerate each other’s existence but were committed to eventual destruction of the other.
(E) They were able to structure the pattern of international relations because of the qualitative discrepancy between their power capacity and influence, on the one hand, and that of everyone else, on the other.

(1) CDBE (2) CEBD (3) CBED (4) CBDE (5) CDEB

Re: Para-Jumble....need your help
by Cosmo Fox - Friday, 20 November 2009, 07:28 PM
  I think the answer is (3)CBED.

C follows A as it becomes obvious by the options provided.

C mentions two key terms - global and transcendental
B follows C with idea of Global struggle
E follows B carrying forward the idea of power capacity and influence as mentioned in B,,and also the "international relations" part that reflects the idea of "no corner of the world untouched".
And D ends it with the transcendental part of the struggle.

I narrowed down to options 3 and 4 with the link CB.

Is it correct according to ur answer key? smile
by BHUPESH GOYAL - Wednesday, 25 November 2009, 11:23 PM
  i think the answer is 3
by ujjawal kumar - Saturday, 28 November 2009, 01:50 PM
   CBED
by Kumar singh - Saturday, 28 November 2009, 04:58 PM

ans should be CBED.

from given option it is clear that c will come after A.

In statement C we are talking about two key terms global and transcendental also the struggle b/w Soviet union and United States.

So the two key term in B global and them  makes it obvious to come after C.

Statement E will add on description for statement B.

And in statement D will will talk about the term Trancendental  used in option C.

So the correct sequence should be ACBED.

Please correct me if i am wrong.

by shadan khan - Friday, 4 December 2009, 06:21 PM
  cdbe
by abhik chakraborty - Sunday, 6 December 2009, 03:59 AM
  option 1
cdbe smile
by arun patro - Friday, 11 December 2009, 02:28 PM
  CDBE (Option1) smile
by karan chhabra - Friday, 13 August 2010, 05:34 PM

I believe the answer has to be option (4) CBDE as BD is the mandotary pair. Option c states that the cold war was global and transcendental. Option B explains how it was global and Option D begining with and explains that how it was transcendental..

Please correct me if I am wrong..

Re: Para-Jumble....need your help the answer will be CDBE.
by pushpendra tiwari - Wednesday, 1 September 2010, 05:26 AM

send me reply

by Lakshya Mangla - Wednesday, 1 September 2010, 10:20 PM
  @ANUP: dude atleast reply whats the correct answer... i think it must be option 3
by saurabh aswani - Thursday, 2 September 2010, 08:16 PM

answer should be cebd

c is so obvious and then they used in e is for soviet n ..

b carry forward the flow in e n hence d conveys the second part of the starting statement.

by sushmitaTG TEAM - Wednesday, 6 November 2013, 05:29 PM
  hi,
the answer is option 4(cbde).
BD is the mandatory pair. also, B will come before D as in sentence C global struggle comes before transdental. thus, this pattern will be followed in the coming sentences.
hence, option 4.