New Batches at TathaGat Delhi & Noida!               Directions to CP centre
GMAT 1.5 Months away. Study Suggestions required.
by sim card - Monday, 2 November 2009, 06:51 AM

Hi Dagny.

I have my GMAT Exam in mid of Dec(Apporx 45 days)

I have once gone through the OG, Kaplan premier and some of 1000 SCs.

got scores of 640(q48, v26) and 660 (q49, v30)in two gmatprep mocks out of which few questions were repeated from OG which I had already studied.(Weak in verbal,missed more than 10 questions ).

Here is my analysis:

Quant: going fine in quant but need to improve further because I feel only quant can push my score up(need more practice,need to speed up, missing questions) .

SC: Conceptually, need to improve(need to speed up) .

CR: Need to speed up and need alot more practice.

RC: Very slow, taking 15 mins on a passage.

Really want to improve my score(beyond 720), thats why I have started doing every exercise in timed mode( which has been a big problem)

Can u advice me on what should be my study plan for the coming month.

Currently I am doing 1000 series in timed mode.

( should I once more revise OG 10 and 0G 12 or do some other books like Kaplan 800, Manhattan for SC and Math.What tests should I appear for and what should be the frequency of tests to gauge my performance, have kaplan ,need to buy others.  )

Awaiting ur reply...

Re: GMAT 1.5 Months away. Study Suggestions required.
by sim card - Tuesday, 3 November 2009, 11:49 AM

Hi DT/TG

Please help.

by suman ranjan - Friday, 6 November 2009, 10:57 AM

Hi Sim,

I would like to recom you a book Ace the GMAT ( Indian publication comes for some Rs 300/-).

This book has got a nice collection of questions which I feel good enough for last 15 days of ramp up and its recom also for last 15-20 days to add 30-40 more marks on GMAT.

If you don't want to spend more time then simply make use of any book stall [ I use Lankmark,forum smile ] and go through the book at least once. It will definitely help you.

Suman
by sim card - Saturday, 7 November 2009, 11:33 AM

Hi Suman,

Thanks for ur advice.

I wanna know, does this book(Ace the gmat by Brandon Royal) offer real gmat type questions.

I have more than a month, with entire time dedicated to gmat study so I hope time will not be a great problem.

One more thing, is it Landmark or Lankmark forum and do you mean this book will be available on the Lan.mark forum.

Just to know - when is ur exam  and how r u going with ur preprations.

Thanks,

Sim Card

by suman ranjan - Sunday, 8 November 2009, 09:51 AM
  Sorry for confusion, actually im in B'lore so I use LandMark bookstall located in Forum mall in Jaynagar & Koramangala to read few books over weekends which I really don't want to put money in.

Ace the GMAT book was recommended by one of my fren, I browsed the book and found it worth for the money.

I have plans of taking GMAT by last week of Dec but my schedules are not certain due to my probable onsite trip. Im done with SC,CR & Maths. Moving on to RC now and then timely tests..
by sim card - Sunday, 8 November 2009, 12:56 PM

Hi mate,

thanks again for ur valuable suggestion.

I will surely go through this book.

Will contact you again in near future.

Bye and wish you good look for ur future endeavours.