New Batches at TathaGat Delhi & Noida!               Directions to CP centre
Learning to Teach
by Total Gadha - Monday, 1 June 2009, 06:12 PM
  cat 2009 cat 2010 CAT CBT club fundaIt is surprising how sometimes small incidents give you a perspective that you would otherwise have never got. A couple of weeks ago we received a call from a female student’s mother in Singrauli, a small place in UP and a place very near to my hometown, another very small place, called Obra. It turned out that her daughter wanted to purchase my Geometry E-book but had no credit card. And we forgot about the geometry book in a second when she mentioned she was in Singrauli. Bursting with excitement at finding someone close to our hometown we were telling her, “Aunty ham Obra se hain!” She was surprised to know that TG was owned by someone from Obra. And I was sighing and wishing that someone from Obra could know this, especially my mother who still feels disgruntled that I threw away my engineering career after IIT and my IIM calls for becoming a teacher. *sigh*

But the perspective I was talking about? After she hung up the phone, I was thinking how technology has slowly enabled students in such small towns to have access to quality education. I still remember an incident of my school days in Obra when I was preparing for IIT. We had no coaching classes or access to good books even, only correspondence courses from Brilliant Tutorials or Agrawal Classes. At that time, I heard of a physics problem book by I.E. Irodov. It was not available in Obra except that one of my schoolmates had two copies of it. When I went to ask him to lend me one book, he bluntly told me (because of his misplaced competitive streak) that he used one book and his brother (in the same house) used the other. Dejected, I came home. My brother went to Allahabad and bought a photocopied version which I solved completely. When I joined IIT Delhi, the solutions I had prepared for I.E. Irodov used to rotate among my juniors. Looking back today, I realize I was lucky. There are many students who never explore their full potential because of lack of resources. This is why, although I receive phone calls from all over the world, these phone calls from students from small towns make me feel so glad that I started TG.com.

And if my ex-boss have had his way, TG.com would have never started. Three years ago, while I was teaching at a premier CAT coaching in India, I was still dissatisfied with the teaching methodologies and used to tell my boss, “give me a team of 5- 10 researchers and we would change the face of education.” My boss would nod agreeably and ignore me. When Dagny and I registered the domain name of TG.com in August, 2006, my boss asked me what I intend to do. I, although having no clear idea what I was talking about, said “I want students to study here.” My boss, intent on not losing me, tried hard to dissuade me, telling me why it wouldn’t work and citing examples of various websites which didn’t work. Fortunately, I ignored him and a few months later started TG.com. Today, although I am still fishing for answers to a perfect teaching methodology, I feel so warm to see this website. Students DO study here. All the time. Round the clock.

As to finding a team of 5- 10 researchers, I am still waiting for that to happen. Fortunately, circumstances made us start on our own. Recently, after starting our exclusive CAT CBT club, we decided to give something extra to our students in the club. Something extra that will make them learn better. And we started experimenting with a lot of stuff. Two of the things, we are posting here. It will also answer many queries of the students who were asking us about CAT CBT Club.

The first offering is something that we have started calling as Capsules- small fundas on quant, verbal or DI, followed by 6- 10 medium to high level problems based on those fundas. I have a very positive feeling about learning in small doses. It has been my observation in my classrooms that in my every class I would discuss 5- 10 fundas and most of the students would either forget many of these or muddle them up. Giving them small doses- TG ishtyle- would make a separate learning box in their brains with all the fundas stacked properly. So here is a glimpse from out CAT CBT Club-

Quant Capsule 1:

cat 2009 cat 2010 cat cbt club funda

cat 2009 cat 2010 cbt club funda

Quant Capsule 2:

cat

cat problems

=========================================================================================================

Our second experiment comes from the verbal side:

Dagny and I have been seeing that creating questions on a passage is a great way to understand that passage. Therefore, as an exercise, we want our students also to do the same. We are posting one passage below. Each of you is requested to create only ONE question (with options) on this passage. Do not provide the answer till others have attempted it. Remember that you will have to give reasoning for incorrect answers also. We would be posting our own questions on this passage in our RC quiz.

Can we trust evolutionary development to take our species in broadly desirable directions?  Starting from primitive, unconscious life, biological evolution has led to the development of ever more advanced organisms, including creatures that have minds, consciousness, language, and reason.  More recently, cultural and technological development, which exhibit some parallels with biological evolution, have enabled our species to progress at a vastly accelerated pace.  The past few hundred years have seen enormous improvements in human life-span, labor productivity, scientific knowledge, and social and political organization, which have enabled billions of people to enjoy unprecedented opportunities for enjoyment and personal development.  On a historical as well as on a geological timescale, the big picture shows an overarching trend towards increasing levels of complexity, knowledge, consciousness, and coordinated goal-directed organization, a trend which, not to put too fine a point on it, we may label “progress”.

What we shall call the Panglossian view maintains that this past record of success gives us good grounds for thinking that evolution (whether biological, memetic, or technological) will continue to lead in desirable directions.  This Panglossian view, however, can be criticized on at least two grounds.  First, because we have no reason to think that all this past progress was in any sense inevitable-much of it may, for aught we know, have been due to luck.  And second, because even if the past progress were to some extent inevitable, there is no guarantee that the melioristic trend will continue into the indefinite future.  

The first objection derives some degree of support from the consideration that an observation selection effect is operating to filter the evidence we can have about the success of our own evolutionary development. Suppose it were true that on 99.9% of all planets where life emerged, it went extinct before developing to the point where intelligent observers could begin to ponder their origin.  If this were the case, what should we expect to observe?  Answer: something similar to what we do in fact observe.  Clearly, the hypothesis that the odds of intelligent life developing on a given planet are low does not predict that we should find ourselves on a planet where life went extinct at an early stage.  Instead, it predicts that we should find ourselves on a planet where intelligent life evolved, even if such planets constitute a very small fraction of all planets where primitive life evolved.  The long track record of life’s success in our evolutionary past, which one may naively take to support the hypothesis that life’s prospects are in general good and that there is something approaching inevitability in the rise of higher organisms from simple replicators, turns out, after reflecting on the overwhelming observation selection effect filtering the possible evidence we could have, not to offer any such support at all, because this is the very same evidence that we should expect to have had if the optimistic hypothesis were false.  A much more careful examination of the details of our evolutionary history would be needed to circumvent this selection effect.

Even if the rise of intelligent life from simple replicators were a robust and nearly inevitable process, this would not give us strong grounds for thinking that the good trend will continue.  One possibility, of course, is that a catastrophic event may cause the sudden extinction of the human species.  Some existential risks arise from nature, e.g. impact hazards (meteors and asteroids), pandemics, astrophysical disasters, and supervolcano eruptions.  But the greatest existential risks are anthropogenic and arise, more specifically, from present or anticipated future technological developments.  Destructive uses of advanced molecular nanotechnology, designer pathogens, future nuclear arms races, high-energy physics experiments, and self-enhancing AI with an ill-conceived goal system are among the worrisome prospects that could cause the human world to end in a bang.

========================================================================================================
I would like my students to tell me if these experiments are helpful. As for the rest of our future experiments with teaching, come and see them on CAT CBT Club.

Total Gadha
Re: Learning to Teach
by Neo Sinha - Monday, 1 June 2009, 06:06 PM

Dear TG,

Its really creditable article which helps myriad student to make them understand the concepts in a very lucid way. The perennial endevor by you team to give the student maximum will really change the way of their thinking.

Its really impressive that ur quant article is juxtaposed by class vacubulary & grammer thus its two way  profit in a single effort.

I wish pinnacle of sucess in ur endeavor

Regards

Neo

by Tarun agarwal - Monday, 1 June 2009, 10:05 PM

Hi TG

I think this article is representation of the faith and believe we students have in TG and its Team.Gr8 job sir.

As in my case I am from siliguri (wb) and to enroll for CBT Club but dont have credit card neither paypal account.would request ur assistance and contact no. also.

Thankyou.

Regards

Tarun Agarwal.

by Total Gadha - Monday, 1 June 2009, 10:16 PM
  Hi Tarun,

You can find the information for making a payment through cheque over here:

http://totalgadha.com/course/view.php?id=5

Total Gadha
by amit kheterpal - Tuesday, 2 June 2009, 02:25 AM

@tg sir,

students who have not registered for ur cat cbt club will be able to know these fundoo things or not??

by Total Gadha - Tuesday, 2 June 2009, 02:46 AM
  Hi Amit,

I would like to keep things exclusive for CBT Club members. Take it just like a mock series, the benefit of which will go to the students who have enrolled in it.

Total Gadha
by Anand Sengupta - Tuesday, 2 June 2009, 09:29 AM

Hello TG,

Solving I.E. Irodov in one go (and that too being from a Hindi medium background) is no mere joke. Tussi great ho TG. Please donate me some of ur genius mind too.

For a moment, after reading this post, my mind too went back to my JEE preparation days. I remember how students used to fear after just hearing the name of Irodov. The same was the case with me( i could barely solve a few) But another very popular book was by H.C Verma; a much doable one. Actually, i realise my fundamentals were not strong, & one just cannot qualify an exam of level of JEE for the very same reason. I gave twice but could not qualify. Anyway, life has to go ahead.

Yeah...... coming back to the article. A very profitable one indeed encapsulating  various modes for enhanced learning. Will surely solve both of them & ernestly looking forward for the membership too.

Anand

by amit kheterpal - Tuesday, 2 June 2009, 09:32 AM
  SIR HAVE U STARTED CAT CBT???I ALSO WANA ENROL FOR IT...
by shiba desor - Tuesday, 2 June 2009, 10:57 AM

a question based upon the paragraph

what is the tone of the author in the paragraph?

a. satirical

b. didactic

c. forensic

d. pedantic

ps: the paragraph was really interesting. is it by carl sagan? if not then please tell me the book it is from.

pps:

by the way, this method of understanding a paragraph by formulating one's own questions is good. it really involves a deeper understanding of what the whole thing is about than simply answering questions.

ppps: i really hope that with time the TG team starts applying these interactive methods of teaching to other areas like science, philosophy and psychology instead of simply limiting its scope to preparation of CAT and GMAT since you and dagny mam really have the ability to bring revolution to our education system.

by amit kheterpal - Tuesday, 2 June 2009, 05:31 PM

thank u for replying sir..

sir will u also teach different topics thr step by step and topic wise test will be thr or not??

by amit kheterpal - Tuesday, 2 June 2009, 05:33 PM
  sir pls give me a reply fast as early as possible..iam tense how to prepare..
by Total Gadha - Tuesday, 2 June 2009, 06:31 PM
  Hi Amit,

Yes we have started with the CBT. you can enrol for it here:

http://totalgadha.com/course/view.php?id=5

Total Gadha
by Hungry Gadha! - Tuesday, 2 June 2009, 07:12 PM

TG...It's all nostalgia formesmile
Though i'm not made it to iit but had been in the journey and solved some of the dreaded Erodov's problems...but mechanics part used to dent my morale....mostly..

R&D @TG....yeah,it's good move...you are true...these capsule's works wonder TG....most importantly it 'll brushup all the basics for sure....i'm ready for the regular dosage...smile

Here's my answers for the above QA capsules.

QA- I:

2. 7

QA-2:

II.

8. 53
9. 67

=> 123*(10^297)+123*(10^294).......+123*(10^3)+123

=> 123[10^294(10^3 + 1)+10^288(10^3 +1 )+........10^6(10^3 +1) + (10^3 + 1)]

=> 123(10^3 + 1)[10^294 + 10^288 + 10^282......+10^6 + 1]

now by using remainder theorem,i.e,99=10^2-1

so,10^2=1,....

123123....300digits / 99= 123[(10^2)*10 + 1][1+1+1.....50times]

=(10^2+23)(11)(50)

=(24)(11)(50)

=12*11*00

=12*1100

=13200

=R(33)

Sum of digits is 120. We can write number as (112123……12345)*10^3 + 678
We can see that sum of digits is first part is 99, so first part is divisible by 4 and 9.
so finally remainder 'll be...678/36 = 30

Regards,

-HG

by Shubham Rajoura - Wednesday, 3 June 2009, 12:13 AM
  Sir

I want to join TG CAT Club. I want to know whether these quant, verbal and DI capsules will cover entire course or just the important aspects from the point of view of CAT.

Nd i have a small doubt in the above concept of remainders.
Ques says: find the remaider when 7200 is divided by 13. so y r we calculating
F(36)? shudnt we calculate F(13). ['F' meaning phie]

Seeking your reply.

by Total Gadha - Wednesday, 3 June 2009, 12:34 AM
  Hi Shubham,

Have corrected the typo. As for the capsules, we would ideally like to cover difficult-to-understand concepts first and then, if possible, the rest of the course. We are uploading stuff in CBT Club regularly and would continue to do so till CAT and beyond.

Total Gadha

by CATching CAT - Wednesday, 3 June 2009, 06:56 PM

Somebody please post detailed solutions

atleast for the questions which involve three powers..i tried a lot but did not get the answers..

by ramesh reddy - Wednesday, 3 June 2009, 10:02 PM
  hi TG

i think u shd enable us to pay by debit card also
plase do consider it
by Shubham Rajoura - Wednesday, 3 June 2009, 11:28 PM

Sir

Please see to it that image of Quant Capsule that u edited is not visible now. May be there is some tecnical error.

Regards
Shubham

by Total Gadha - Wednesday, 3 June 2009, 11:53 PM
  Hi Shubham,

Check again.

Total Gadha
by Shubham Rajoura - Thursday, 4 June 2009, 10:58 AM
  Thanks SIr.
by Richa Mittal - Thursday, 4 June 2009, 01:06 PM

huuhh

The article made me feel nostalgic about those good old school days...and yeah solving that dreadfull Irodov for JEE....

I think it is a very good initiative to get a good hold of Quant and RCs...Normally there are so many fundas in Quant that if u tend to memorise each one of them , you will make a fool of urself , so its good this way to learn few fundas at a time, master them and then move ahead..

PS--- Suucess in not the destination but the journey itself !!!! smile

by ankhuri dubey - Friday, 5 June 2009, 09:26 AM
  m getting d 2nd ans as 12..sm1 confirm.
by ankhuri dubey - Friday, 5 June 2009, 09:38 AM
  also plz post solns for 9 and 11.smile
by ankhuri dubey - Friday, 5 June 2009, 09:52 AM

@HG,

hey

i cudnt get dis part

now by using remainder theorem,i.e,99=10^2-1

so,10^2=1,....

cud u plz xplain.

by nidhi soni - Friday, 5 June 2009, 03:33 PM

i couldnt solve prb no 13th :| can anyone plz post short and easy method ....and m getting remainder 34 for prb no 12th

i solved it like this

123(10^297 + 10^294 + 10^291..............+10^3) +123

we know 10^3 /99 gives us remainder 10

so we will get

123(10+10+10.......+10(99 times))+123

= (123*990+123)

dividing by 99 again, we will get

34*0+34

hence my ans is 34

i dont know how to solve it....TG help me if m wrong coz i dont know where m missing

by kamal girdhar - Friday, 5 June 2009, 04:11 PM
  i couldnt solve 1,4,5,8.can some1 post the detailed ans???
by ayush roy - Friday, 5 June 2009, 04:24 PM
  sir its really a vry nice article....

sir but do u knw icchan bigha,a place in d neighbour hood of OBRA.
by nidhi soni - Saturday, 6 June 2009, 06:07 PM

oh god!!!

m sorry guys i did a big mistake...i tried again n found my mistake 

my ans is remainder 33

123(10^297 + 10^294 +.................+10^3 +1)

we know 10^6 wil give us remainder 1 and we chck for 10^12 again we will get remainder 1 and same for 10^294 too remainder is 1

so 10^even divided by 99 gives us remainder 1

and 10^3,10^9,10^15.....10^297 will give us remainder 10

123 gives us remiander 24 (not 34 :| this proves my bad calculation :|)

now we got [24(49*1 +50*10 +1)]/99

we will get remainder 33.....

by Shubham Rajoura - Saturday, 6 June 2009, 09:54 PM

TG Sir

I hav 1 more query regarding TG Cat club. I would sincerely like to join this club but will the solutions be provided to all the problems posted in the Cat Club, so that one can get a clarity of short cut techniques and how to better solve a particular question.

Regards
Shubham Rajoura

by avijit mohapatra - Saturday, 6 June 2009, 11:17 PM
  Hi TG sir
I also come from the small town of Rourkela with no guidance whatsoever.
I am really indebted to TG.com for what I have achieved.
Internet is amazing and initiatives like TG.com go a long way in helping students like me to realise our dreams
Thank you sir
Keep on the great work
by Total Gadha - Sunday, 7 June 2009, 01:20 PM
  Hi Ayush,

No I haven't. I have heard of places such as Dala, Churk, Chunar, Robertsganj, Shaktinagar, Renukoot, etc.

Total Gadha
by Varun Goenka - Monday, 8 June 2009, 07:50 AM

Hi TG,

I had sent a cheque in d name f LA Edukreation Pvt. Ltd. some two days back for CAT-CBT.Wanted to have a track of it whether it is delivered or not.Also wanted to kno d details as to when and how will I b able to access the CAT-CBT Club.If there is a password or something, plz if you could mail it to me at <font face="times new roman,times,serif">varun_goenka@yahoo.co.in</font>

Regards,

Varun Goenka(VG)

by Rakesh Sah - Monday, 8 June 2009, 09:58 PM

Dear TG Sir,

Feels like heaven to learn that you come from Obra. I too come from a place called Shaktinagar in the near vicinity of Obra. This now gives me more thrust to prepare and make you proud.

Rakesh

by Rakesh Sah - Monday, 8 June 2009, 10:01 PM

Dear TG Sir,

Feels like heaven to learn that you come from Obra. I too come from a place called Shaktinagar in the near vicinity of Obra. This now gives me more thrust to prepare and make you proud.

Rakesh

by Virat Jhala - Thursday, 11 June 2009, 05:56 PM

hi tg,

Wonderful method to get started with...

i took quant lesson for natural numbers at CBT club and hence after the experience i have a suggestion of giving a one page summary of fundas that are explained in the lesson. 

~ Virat

by Total Gadha - Thursday, 11 June 2009, 07:24 PM
  Hi Virat,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have a question- how did you find the lesson. Was it helpful?

Total Gadha
by Amit Kumar - Saturday, 13 June 2009, 08:01 PM
  Hi TG,

Lesson was nice,please add some more related to probability,inequality,graphs .
Regards
Amit
by himanshu mishra - Sunday, 14 June 2009, 08:28 AM

Hi,tg

When first time I visited this site then I had intiution, one day this site is going to makemark in coaching industry.Now,your dream project is giving you name,fame and pridewhat I expected.You proved that you can get success by helping others in this world of cut throat competition.But I have one comlpain,You started this kind thing for student of this year and I missed chance to use this opportunity.

by Total Gadha - Sunday, 14 June 2009, 11:35 AM
  Hi Himanshu,

Thanks a ton for your confidence. We think about starting a lot of things but do not start them because of lack of time. It is only NOW that we are trying to expand our team and offer more. smile

Total Gadha
by - SK - Monday, 15 June 2009, 09:12 AM

Can Some one pls explain me the solution for doing the first question..

37^47^57 when div by 16;

I am confused with that multiple powers

Thank you very much
Shiva

by sandip paul - Monday, 15 June 2009, 05:18 PM
  Plz solve the first question......i cannot able to understand the methods of doing such problem. PLZ help. 
by sandip paul - Monday, 15 June 2009, 05:29 PM

Hi HG,

Plz post the details solution for all problems so that we can learn how to solve this kind of problem easily and quickly. PLZ help  us.

by Anju N - Tuesday, 16 June 2009, 10:19 PM

Hey Sir,

Thanks for the info shared.Appreciate the efforts u put in.

I have a doubt in the Quant Capsule 1:How many numbers less than 36 are prime to 36?

in the number series why isn't num 3 listed as a prime number..so total count would be 13 numbers.

by ashu jain - Thursday, 18 June 2009, 08:45 PM
  Num 3 is not listed because 3 is not prime to 36. In other words, 3 and 36 are not co-prime numbers.
by Ar S - Sunday, 21 June 2009, 11:15 PM
  Dear TG,
This is my first post at your site.
I just cannot check my emanating emotions. My post may be inconsequential, as I understand, people very frequently tend to applaud you.
My respect for you as a person has reached to such a height that after reading this post my eyes are filled. I feel nostalgic.
I hail from Allahabad. My story is similar to yours as far as IIT-JEE preparation is considered. I too went through manifold difficult circumstances, but cracked IIT-JEE twice. Selected IT-BHU for the so called "higher" branch.
When people like you with so much of depth and honesty gain the confidence of a person residing at a remote place like ShaktiNagar (Obra) then it's not just a manifestation of dealing with yet another coaching. It transcends much beyond that.
With time things will change. You too and your family will also undergo metamorphosis. But never let this honesty undergo even a minuscule abrasion.
I know so many people from remote places, who always had the requisite fire within, what they lacked was "just someone who was honestly caring".

TG,
One day I will certainly meet you at your place, just to reiterate what you are, and what people like you represent and hold for a commoner residing in some unknown place.

Regards,
Arvind
by Total Gadha - Sunday, 21 June 2009, 11:23 PM
  Hi Arvind,

Thank you for such a lovely post. This means so much to me. You know, IT-BHU used to be such a favorite haunt for me. All that "Lankating" and having my favorite lassi at VT. Used to have friends in Birla and Brocha. And as Benaras was the nearby 'city' used to go there a lot. smile

I think we do care a lot. Not because of anything else but because we went through very tough times during our own preparation. And everyone we used to seek for advice confused us further. We don't want bright students to go haywire just because of lack of good resources or advices. And small towns are full of smart students such as you. I think today TG gives a clear perspective to students studying in remote places and not knowing the direction their MBA preparation should take.

Do meet us whenever you can. smile

Total Gadha
Acknowledgement
by Ar S - Monday, 22 June 2009, 08:24 PM
  Dear TG,
My deep regards to you.
Surely, I will meet you.

Arvind
by apurba gorai - Thursday, 25 June 2009, 03:27 PM

@HG

thanks for the answers.

could you please post the answer for QA-1  QN. no.-2...

by Rahul Aggarwal - Thursday, 25 June 2009, 11:10 PM
  Hey TG sir....

I was thinking of joining sum MBA institute for mock test series....came across this CBT club....i just wanted to know the contents.......it will consist of a topic wise problems as well as the mock tests every week ???

if u cud just throw some light on the contents....i m really eager to join it.
by Vaibhav Mittal - Friday, 26 June 2009, 12:06 AM

Sanjeev.

U mentioned above that u asked ur boss to give u a team of 5-10 researchers.

I wish if u would have ever spoken to me. Infact I spoke to you sometime back. But may be you were busy.

Anyways

Vaibhav Mittal

by vikas yadav - Tuesday, 7 July 2009, 11:00 PM
  hi tg,
well solved all questions and got a simpler explanation for question no 12.

Of the 300 terms ,first 294 are divisible by 9 and 11 hence leave rem 0.
 last 123123 is divisible by 11 and leaves rem 3 when divided by 9 as sum is 12 ,thus rem is 11*3=33.
 regards,
coolborn as human,evolving into gadha.
by kamal mehta - Saturday, 11 July 2009, 09:25 AM

Hi TG,

PLease let me know that is there any book for DI Preaparation offered by  you please let me know as soon as possible.

by Sam Rox - Monday, 13 July 2009, 02:18 PM
  Hi,
     This is a gr8 inspiration.
Saurabh
by dipak ramavat - Saturday, 18 July 2009, 05:21 PM
  sir i would like to join tg's cat cbt club. but since i do not have credit card, i can borrow from a friend and use it? please reply
by Total Gadha - Saturday, 18 July 2009, 09:16 PM
  Hi Dipak,

Yes you can.

Total Gadha
by Rachana Dongre - Sunday, 19 July 2009, 09:27 PM
  hi SE,

Please let me knw the solutions for ques no. 8 and 9.
by Anupam Naskar - Monday, 20 July 2009, 12:21 PM

hi there TG,

This is related to the Geometry and number system  e books which i hav purchased thru credit card last yr. now the thing is that i m getting mail intimating abt the recent updates on the Ebook . ....is it not possible to get the updated copy(free!!) ?

do i hav to buy the books again?

Excuse me if i am telling the obvious.

regards,

Anupam

by subodh panigrahi - Tuesday, 21 July 2009, 09:45 PM
  Hi Sir,
I also want to be a member of CBT team,but I don't have credit card.
please guide..
help me pls
by ramireddy avinash - Wednesday, 22 July 2009, 07:51 AM
  guys i really wanna pesue mba in IIMS!i started preparing for cat from today.with a little hard work im catching the quant topics but facing a huge confusion and difficulty in verbal and di.guys any suggestions to me so that i can learn them ina better way.

pls help me guys.

avinash
by Total Gadha - Wednesday, 22 July 2009, 10:21 AM
  Hi Subodh,

You can send us a cheque/ DD.

Total Gadha
by shanti gattineni - Thursday, 23 July 2009, 10:22 PM
  can someone check the 2nd ...i m gettin it as 6

7^7^7 =7^(2401*343)
         =>7^343
         =>7^7
         =>2401*343
         =>9*5
45 divided by 13 gives reminder 6.... can anyone tell me where i'd gone wrong
by mahak gupta - Saturday, 25 July 2009, 05:09 PM
  the answer to q 12 can be easily done in 2 lines..
123123123.....123 its digits sum upto 600.. which has remainder of 3 when divided by 9 and if u apply divisibility test of 11 due to its symmetry u will find it is divisible by 11.so when no is divided by 11*9 it will give 11 *3 =33 as remainder.
by Unique Name - Sunday, 26 July 2009, 04:30 PM

Dear Sir,

Avira has detected HTML/Downloader.Gen - Malware at totalgadha.com.

Can you please fix it?

Thanks.
by yogita sharma - Tuesday, 28 July 2009, 12:05 AM

hello sir,

kudos for such a brilliant article.i have started quiet late,i wanted to ask that is it too late to join ur cat cbt club.pls rply....

by Total Gadha - Tuesday, 28 July 2009, 12:11 AM
  Hi Yogita,

Nopes. You can still join.

Total Gadha
by arvind jain - Tuesday, 28 July 2009, 02:18 AM
  hi mahak could u pls explain me how u r gettng remainder 3 
by Nitin Srivastava - Wednesday, 29 July 2009, 12:17 AM

HI TG,

I have a doubt that if i order your E-books will i be able to take print out of them as i find it diffcult to study using a E-book instead of hard copy.

I am interested in both your E-books.

Please let me know if you provide any Hard copies of the same

by Total Gadha - Wednesday, 29 July 2009, 12:49 AM
  Hi Nitin,

Yes you can take out a print.

Total Gadha
by shanti gattineni - Saturday, 1 August 2009, 09:52 PM
  can someone check the 2nd ...i m gettin it as 6

7^7^7 =7^(2401*343)
         =>7^343
         =>7^7
         =>2401*343
         =>9*5
45 divided by 13 gives reminder 6.... can anyone tell me where i'd gone wrong
by neha saxena - Sunday, 9 August 2009, 01:04 PM
  Hi TG
Can you please help me get the correct answers to all the remainder question .I need to cross check my answers as to some i am still confused..
when shall you be posting your answers!!!
by Silky arora - Tuesday, 18 August 2009, 11:21 PM

Hi TG

I am unable to solve the first problem . i m confused with multiple powers. please help

by dilip rathore - Friday, 21 August 2009, 01:00 PM

SIR, I DESPERRATELY NEED THE ANSWERS TO THESE QUESTIONS "FIND THE REMAINDER".. smile

My answers are as under ..

1.. couldnt solve

2.. rem = 2

3.. rem = 11

4.. rem = 7

5.. rem = 5

6.. rem = 4

7.. rem = 4

are they right. anyone ?? :D

URGENT PLZ REPLY SOON
by Ishika the best - Saturday, 22 August 2009, 02:12 PM
  SIR, i wantd to join cbt club...i just like to know tat would i be able to cover up with the topics covered till now n currently taught topics at this point of time... so is it too late..plz reply asap so that i can join cbt .
sorry ,for i used capitals..
by Ishika the best - Sunday, 23 August 2009, 02:57 PM
  sir i read tat ,replies in caps makes u feel offensive....sorry for that..actually i used them coz i feel its been too late for me to ask abt joining cbt club...so i needed urgent guidance..can u help ???? plz do reply this time.... may i join cbt?? n is it too late???would it be helpful??
Re: URGENT PLZ REPLY SOON
by Total Gadha - Monday, 24 August 2009, 01:11 PM
  Hi Ishika,

Whenever we upload a lesson or a test in CBT Club it stays there forever. You can go through it whenever you want to. So you have not missed anything.

Total Gadha
by Ishika the best - Monday, 24 August 2009, 02:22 PM
  ok ..thank u sir
by Netra Mehta - Tuesday, 1 September 2009, 09:08 PM
  Answer to ur question Shiba..

I think the tone is didactic.

Plz correct me if m wrong.
by nupur arora - Thursday, 10 September 2009, 12:59 PM
  The remainder in q 11 should be zero..ie (17)*36 + (29) *36 is divisible by 111. Please verify.
Course for Gmat
by deepti panda - Friday, 11 September 2009, 09:04 AM
  I am a aspirant for GMAT, I have already started preparation. I want to know does TG provide any detail course like CBT for CAT for GMAT. If so can anyone of you post me the details.
by Archana BN - Thursday, 17 September 2009, 02:58 PM

Hi  TG sir,

I tried all problem,can u put the answers to it and sir pls do reply i got 6 as reminder for 7^7^7..so can u tel me whats the correct ans to this problem.

by Archana BN - Thursday, 17 September 2009, 06:03 PM

Hi TG,

I would like to enroll for CBT session. Please clarify on these details:

1. Degree of Session Coverage in Quantz, DI/LA & Verbal Ability, please do clarify the content in these topics, whether all the topics are covered or only important topics are covered.

2. I do not have a credit card, would like to get clarify whether I can make the payment from my friend's credit card also.

3. I would like to know the duration of each session in CBT.

4. I would like to know whether I would be able to review CBT more than once.

Please clarify on these details as me & My friend are willing to join this CAT CBT.

Thanks & Regards,

Archana

by bllitz blitz - Wednesday, 23 September 2009, 12:05 AM
  Hi TG & all,
I am looking for answers for the quant capsule questions. Can anyone put them.
Hello all
by swetha chinthareddy - Tuesday, 13 October 2009, 07:46 PM
  Could anyone plz explain the answer to prob
Remainder when 19^36 + 17^36 is divided by 111?
by charu nigam - Thursday, 15 October 2009, 09:41 AM
  @ Shiba

the tone of the author is forensic

Q. two points contradicting the over-optimistic view of evolution are:
a Destructive uses of advanced molecular nanotechnology, designer pathogens, future nuclear arms races, high-energy physics
  experiments, and self-enhancing AI with an ill-conceived goal system and the probability with which they occur
b author strongly suggest that the evolution was inevitable and secondly trend extrapolation gives good prospects
c no reason to support the inevitability of evolution process and no guarantee of future trend in evolution to be melioristic
d None of the above.
by Prejoy Varghese - Saturday, 17 October 2009, 09:23 PM

Hi TG sir,

I am so happy to see your sincere efforts in helping out students from various corners of India to collaborate and help them crack the CAT.

I also appreciate your efforts in trying out different methodologies for teaching. I consider teaching(the correct way of course) is one of the most important aspects of mankind which could bring about a change in an entire nation. (pata hai bahut jyada philosphy ho gayi hai) but I sincerely want to help you in coming out with different teaching methods so that we as students could benefit from it.

Probably one good method would be explain how you have arrived at a particular formula(dunno if you are already doing this but nevertheless smile )

let's take e.g. of the first quant capsule you have mentioned =>total no. of nos. which are less than 36 and are co prime to it.

Correct me if I am wrong. but I believe this is how we have arrived at it.

36 has two prime factors 2 and 3.

Nos. < 36 and multiple of 2 = 36/2

Nos. < 36 and multiple of 3 = 36/3

So 36 - 36/2 - 36/3 is the total no. of nos. which are coprime to 36. But  nos. which are a common multiple of 2 and 3 have been subtracted twice. So adding that .

The ans. would be 36 - 36/2 - 36/3 + 36/(2*3) <=> 36(1-1/2)(1-1/3) and then this could then be stretched for greater nos.

My point is that even though these are very basic things, these things would help a below average student also to understand the concepts clearly. Hope I have been able to put my point through. ;)

by rahul jain - Sunday, 18 October 2009, 11:52 PM
  Hi TG sir,

can someone please send me the answers to all the 13 questions above. the email id is rahul.mail.jain@gmail.com.

regards
rahul
by sushil krishna - Tuesday, 20 October 2009, 01:09 AM
  @tg sir,

students who have registered in CBT club,will also get ur all product(books on different topics)or they will have to buy it separately.
by Total Gadha - Tuesday, 20 October 2009, 01:34 AM
  Hi Prejoy,

Thanks a lot for the suggestion. smile

Total Gadha
by Total Gadha - Tuesday, 20 October 2009, 01:35 AM
  Hi Sushil,

CBT Club is a separate product from the ebooks. Even the content is different.

Total Gadha
Re: pls help
by prateek bansal - Thursday, 22 October 2009, 06:41 AM
  sad  sir i ve also sent a cheque on  the given delhi  address for no sys ebook and still nt recveived the book by e mail ,my email id is prateekbansal86@gmail.com pls send it.also have the cheque no ,its a SBBJ cheque

by Total Gadha - Thursday, 22 October 2009, 12:32 PM
  Hi Prateek,

Have received your cheque. Please wait for 2- 3 days.

Total Gadha
by sushil krishna - Saturday, 24 October 2009, 01:50 AM
  @TG SIR,
how can i get the books??
Are these available in e-book form only??
i wanna join CBT CLUB and also want to buy the books......will it give any extra edge(distinct advantages) or only one is sufficient
??
by prateek bansal - Sunday, 25 October 2009, 08:14 PM
  tg sir

still nt received my no sys   ebuk

prateek
 prateekbansal86@gmail.com
by prateek bansal - Wednesday, 11 November 2009, 09:20 PM
  sir pls send the other two e buks have sent two any city cheques