New Batches at TathaGat Delhi & Noida!               Directions to CP centre
MH - CET
by abhay agrawal - Saturday, 17 January 2009, 11:47 AM

hi everybody....

i am starting this new topic for discussing about mh cet. i have some information from other sites and i have also found some previous years papers of that exam. So i am uploading them here. if u have anything about mh cet or any query then post it here. thanx

Re: MH - CET
by Chinmay Korhalkar - Sunday, 18 January 2009, 09:41 AM
  The CET forms will be available in post offices across Maharashtra starting from tomorrow.
by abhay agrawal - Sunday, 18 January 2009, 06:03 PM
  For ur kind information CET forms have been available from 15th jan. But online link for filling form will appear from tomorrow.
by amit kheterpal - Monday, 26 January 2009, 01:44 PM

hello sir,

can u pls tell me how i should prepare for mh cet 2010..

by abhay agrawal - Monday, 26 January 2009, 03:51 PM
  it's all abt speed. almost 60% of the paper based on reasoning. so make this part very strong.
by Anshu Airan - Thursday, 5 February 2009, 05:31 PM
  Do you have any information about conversion of XAT score to CET score? Does it change relatively?
by rashmi naoley - Wednesday, 30 December 2009, 11:04 AM
  hey hi dis is rashmi............ would u plzz tell me 4m will i get last yr papers........ i have dwnld papers uploaded by u......... n also hw 2 increase score of cet....
by Prince Kumar - Thursday, 31 December 2009, 09:31 AM

Are there centres for the test out side maharashtra? I heard that the test is also conducted at centres in all the Metro cities..but not sure!

Can any one please confirm?

by Ranu Khade - Saturday, 2 January 2010, 08:02 AM

Hello

I wanted to know whether JBIMS have mumbai quota..

Are there seats for outside ppl.. how many seats for Pune?

Thanks

by ritesh gupta - Saturday, 2 January 2010, 09:35 PM
  hello everybody
would u plz tell me tat i m from outside maharastra
but persuing BBA fron pune and course is affliated to
pune university
so vl i fall in reservation category(60% or 70%)
watever it is.......
plz reply
by BellTheCAT ... - Tuesday, 5 January 2010, 07:10 PM

hi Prince

MH-CET test is conducted at centres outside Maharashtra too. To know about the centres for this year,Wait till the forms are available .

by Manish Harodia - Saturday, 9 January 2010, 12:13 PM
  CET is essentially a reasoning heavy paper. Dont be thrown in by Visual Reasoning red herrings.
Since, the paper has no negative marking, it is suggested that one attempts all 200 questions. Maths is on the relatively easier side and so is language.
DS is of slight importance. You may also want to brush up series and sequences. They are mostly of average difficulty though.

Cheers thoughtful
by Manish Harodia - Saturday, 9 January 2010, 12:20 PM
  Hi Ritesh,
Here goes the explanation.

If you have taken your 12th and Graduation BOTH from Pune, then only you qualify as a Pune University student. In that case, all colleges under Pune University will offer 70 A% of their seats to such candidatures.

IF your 12th or Graduation is from Outside Maharashtra, You would be categorized as an OMS ( Outside Maharashtra Student) and all the colleges under CET will offer you only 15 % seats.

If your 12th and Graduation is within Maharashtra, but at different universities, your graduation college university will become your home university. Accordingly you will have 70 % reservation in your home university and 15 % reservation in Universities in Maharashtra apart from your home university.

Hope that clears.. The DTE for MH-CET is actually wierd with these kind of rules sad

Pour in queries if any ..

by Manish Harodia - Saturday, 9 January 2010, 12:25 PM
  JBIMS :
Mumbai University Quota : 84
Pune specific quota is nil.
However all universities combined apart from Mumbais' quota = 18
All India level seats available = 18...

This is to the best of my knowledge.
by Manish Harodia - Saturday, 9 January 2010, 12:27 PM
  XAT scores can be converted. However, it is definitely easier to score in CET compared to XAT.

I really dont see a logic of conversion unless you have a 99.99 in XAT and you dont want XL but want JBIMS and do not want to write CET. Unless you clarify your objectives, the question becomes a catchy one to answer :P
by pallav kumar - Sunday, 10 January 2010, 04:05 PM
  Hi Manish
how much marks do u nd to get in jbims as an OMS student??
what other good colleges are through MH-CET?

by Manish Harodia - Monday, 11 January 2010, 06:25 PM
  Hi Pallav,

Marks are not a good indicator for a 'confirmed' seat at JB.
However, considering the fact that only 15 % OMS seats are available, the competition to grab those if fierce.
OMS generally convert their MAT/ATMA scores into equivalent CET scores.
Historically, there have been instances where people in OMS category with a MAT score of 99.95 have commanded a seat. last year, there was a lady who scored 99.99 % ile in MAT and still could not get through, courtesy a poor show in the GD-PI stage : 21/34.

sad
wide eyes
I am not being a pessimist, but giving you a real picture. Please get cracking for CET and MAT, if you are an OMS. Every bit of your effort will be worth it @ JB smile

ATB,

Manish Harodia
TG Pune @ 9096273453
by Prince Kumar - Tuesday, 12 January 2010, 08:18 PM

Thank you Manish, for cleaaring all the doubts.

Can you please let us know the tentative cut off marks of JBIMS for OMS through CET, in case one does plan to appear only for CET and not MAT.

(Or would you recommend OMS to appear for both)

by Manish Harodia - Wednesday, 13 January 2010, 11:08 AM
  HI Prince,

Recommendation : Appear for both. Anyways, you would be required ot buy the CET forms. You then have an option there of marking whether you also want to submit any other national level test score equivalent.
Take MAT/ATMA/ CET for targeting JBIMS. Even if you blunder in any of the exams, it essentially means that you can take 3 shots to JB. Moreover, these exams are relatively easy to top smile

As for the cut off through CET is concerned, for OMS category, it has to be above 99.9x for sure. Accompanied with a good GD and PI, u can be hopeful of making it.
But believe me, every effort will be worth it once you land into Bajaj :D

All the best.

Manish Harodia
TG Pune

PS : We are planning to start only one GD-PI batch in Pune this year. All those interested, please spam/call/sms at earliest.
by Prince Kumar - Wednesday, 13 January 2010, 07:22 PM

Thanks a Ton!!! Will plan for all these tests.

by Manish Harodia - Saturday, 16 January 2010, 12:36 AM
  Hi, I am afraid I am playing Satan tonight! No intention to spread panic though

Link is : http://220.226.205.251/mbacet2010/StaticPages/frmFAQ.aspx

Says at two places that MAT scores this year will not be considered. clown clown clown clown
JB ??? angry
No mention about ATMA though.
And someone who knows CET understands that it requires around 99.9x to get into JB with a decent GD-PI in addition.

Conclusion : Dont let complacency creep in. Give CET all your might !!!
Will post more as and when i receive any inputs. Start slogging people.

Manish Harodia
TG Pune
by Anuj Jain - Friday, 22 January 2010, 12:06 AM

Hi all,

I have done some research on MH-CET 2010 - 2011 and came to some interpretation regarding acceptable score of different exam.

Acc to MH-CET, they are accepting MAT (Feb 2010), ATMA, XAT, JMET  but only for Institute level seats.

For All India seats only CAT score is acceptable and if some one who did not appeared for CAT 2009 and aspiring to seek admission aginst all India Seats in Maharashtra State is required to appear for MAH-MBA/MMS-CET 2010

And the bad news is that JBIMS and Sydenham does not have Institute level seats, they have only All India Seats.

Now the question remain for those candidate who had given CAT this year and want to apply for MH-CET through CET.

Is it possible or are we thrown out from this also??? big grin

by mukesh bhadoria - Wednesday, 27 January 2010, 05:17 PM

can any one tell me what would be the probable cut off in MH CET 2010 for

OMS candidate in terms of net marks out of 200 assuming one mark per question ? and total no. of seats in jbims for OMS candidate.

by Siddharth Khanna - Tuesday, 9 February 2010, 12:49 AM
  CAN SOMEONE PLEASE UPLOAD SOME MATERIAL FOR VISUAL REASONING ..

THANKS IN ADVANCE
by Chandrika Shenoy - Thursday, 2 December 2010, 06:31 PM
  Hi Siddharth,
You may find this useful.It contains practice problems on visual reasoning.

Regards
Chandrika
by Aditya Sharan - Tuesday, 3 January 2012, 10:23 AM
  Hi,
I have done my graduation from Pune University and 12th from CBSe in Gujarat.
Can you please tell me if my application would be considered for the 85% seats, or what no of seats I would be considered for ?

Aditya
by azfar niyazi - Tuesday, 10 January 2012, 11:13 PM
  very informative and awesome