New Batches at TathaGat Delhi & Noida!               Directions to CP centre
Re: Rock on ..my Story for CAT so far..
by Stinger R - Wednesday, 6 March 2013, 12:42 PM
  It’s been over 4 years since I wrote this but I still remember the passion I felt while writing this post. While searching through a few old things I came across this and remembered posting it on TG. After reading through it again, I felt the post deserved its logical ending. It might even help someone (highly doubt it though) so will keep it short unlike the original monster: The US trip came to a halt with Recession of 08-09. My client was broke and all vendors were going back home. Feb 09 back in India with no CAT and no US trip but a lot had changed during those 3-4 months. The most important thing was that I got time to think about what I really wanted to do with my life. In retrospect, I would highly rate this exercise. Take time to think your career through. Think what you like, where the industry is moving, what are your strengths ..(blah blah smile I realized that I dislike IT (read:Hate IT,mainly coding and SDLC part), but enjoy staying in touch with technology. The introspection led to a strong desire to move out of software to analytical/business consulting (Who says introspection has to be Logical?? smile Road ahead -Quick and dirty version Gave Cat in 09 , Bombed it.Stayed irritated for a week. Worked really hard at changing job. Got a great one after 8 months of searching. Gave Cat in '10 , killed it - 98.75 got a few calls but nothing worth killing for (non-ABC). Gave GMAT, Got 700+ , started dreaming Bigger. US-B schools. Worked hard , slogged and got promoted on a fast track. Researched the hell out of global B schools. I remember a time going crazy 24/7 eating breathing sleeping Bschools. Met and spoke with a lot of amazing & brilliant people (Very Very Important). Set a focus and list of which Bschools make sense for my future career. Added my decision criteria (which one would I take based on what scholarships/loans etc). Got rejected from all US Bschools. Stayed irritated for a week again. (Life is like a Sine Curve smile Got my act together again for '11-12 season, worked on at least 10 iterations of each essay and built a strong group of reviewers & recommenders. Got multiple offers and a few with scholarships at a top US B School. Finally my MBA race was over. If there is 1 message i would want everyone to get , its this : "It's going to be all right. Just hang in there and keep fighting, that's what life is all about and honestly, that's what makes life interesting smile" Hope you all take time to realize what you want and get what you are looking for. All the best.