New Batches at TathaGat Delhi & Noida!               Directions to CP centre
Announcing! Total Gadha's GMAT Blog
by Dagny Taggart - Tuesday, 16 September 2008, 12:07 PM

gmat blog

With the intention of providing more support to students across the globe, TG and I decided to launch another website for the benefit of students who apply to international B Schools- Donkey GMAT. Before I tell you about the blog, let me tell you about one thing first.

When I told my students in Verbal forum that I would be busy for a while and I had need their support, without even questioning me everyone came forward to help me by solving each other as queries, welcoming new students on the block, sometimes posting questions in the forum; it looked as if Verbal forum became forum of sweetness and love. So, thank you all.

TG and I realised that there are many things that we cannot do on totalgadha.com on a day-to-day basis such as posting news, updating about essays, deadlines, insights about B schools etc. Also, Admission Consulting as a whole is such a vast area that we would have not been able to do justice to it on totalgadha.com. So, one fine morning we decided to launch a separate place, which would give us freedom to do justice to this area. We would not be shifting anything from TG to there, it would be just like your second information portal. Verbal, Quant section and queries on the same would be handled on TG.com itself but insights about international B Schools can be found here on Donkey GMAT.

There are a few things that need to be cleared; let me go step by step.

FAQs- Right below the header, there is a small icon called FAQs. We have prepared a set of questions, which we thought would be able to clear your basic doubts. We decide to keep updating the page as and more questions from students come forward.

Comments- Below every post you will see a link which says Comments, when you click on the link, a comment box would open right under the post where you can leave a comment. You just need to add your name/nick name, email address (it would not be published or misused in any manner), and comment  of course. Do not add any website link of your personal blogs or websites because we would delete it without even checking them. Frankly, we would not have enough time to check each blog link and decide which can be added and which cannot be so we would flatly remove each link. Each comment would be moderated to avoid spam or unwanted promotions. As soon as the comments would be approved, they would automatically be visible under the respective post as well as under the Recent Comments column in the side bar. You can also click on the header of the post and a comment box would be visible under the post, where you can leave your comment/s.

Posted Under- There are labels under each post; when you click on any label, all the posts filed under the same category would be visible. You can also check the Categories Scroll Down in the side bar. For example if you click on Essays- All posts filed under essays label could be viewed.

Email Subscription- In the left side bar, you would see a link called Email Subscription. If you want to receive updates in your mailbox, add your email id and click subscribe, a confirmation email would be sent to you. As soon as you confirm, you would start getting the excerpts of the post in your mail box. Follow to same process to unsubscribe.

gmat blogYahoo Buzz- Below every post you would see a Yahoo Buzz Button. This button is used to add stories in interweave and to spread awareness. Since most of you must be having Yahoo account so you don't need to add a separate account to dig the post. When you click on the button, a new window will open which will take you to Yahoo Buzz page. Add the required information, choose a "Business" category and submit it. Personally I use both Yahoo and Digg Buttons and I add a lot of good stories and posts written by people every day. This is my way of saying thank you and giving them the credit to people for the hard work that they put in to bring awareness to a lot of people every single day. It is not necessary to use that button but it would be appreciated if you do.

Contact Us- There is a Contact Us form below the header from where you can send an email to us. Do not use the form until and unless it is very necessary, it is difficult for us to reply to mails because of heavy work load. Use the comment box as far as possible and we would reply there itself.

Search- There is a search box on the right side of header.  It's working fine so far, use that.

Contributions- Any kind of related contributions are welcome, we would add your post along with your name.

Suggestions and Feedbacks are welcome and we look forward to provide you the stuff to the best of our capabilities.

Re: Announcing! Total Gadha's GMAT Blog
by Chinmay Korhalkar - Tuesday, 16 September 2008, 12:07 PM
  A-W-E-S-O-M-E...
by Nish nishu - Tuesday, 16 September 2008, 07:04 PM
  U PEOPLE R MINDBLOWING..Keep up the good work...U PEOPLE R MY ROLE MODEL..

by ATOM ANT - Wednesday, 17 September 2008, 02:25 AM
  Do we have discussions related to Indian B-schools there? Would be nice..

by Dagny Taggart - Wednesday, 17 September 2008, 07:46 AM
  Hi Atom Ant,

Donkey GMAT is totally dedicated to International B Schools and GMAT. You can definitely use the essay and admission tips that would posted there.

Dagny
UPDATE
by Dagny Taggart - Wednesday, 17 September 2008, 07:49 AM
  The 'Subscribe to RSS ' option has been rectified. You can subscribe to the feed now.
Update
by Dagny Taggart - Friday, 19 September 2008, 10:56 AM
  A lot of people have subscribed to Donkey GMAT within just three days of its opening which is a big boost for us. We have changed the email subscription host because of the following reasons:

1. It will not jam your inbox.
2. You will receive emails in a better format.

I request all of you to update your email id in the new host. The process is the same. You just need to add the email id in the box provided and confirm the email link that you will receive in your inbox.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Dagny
Update
by Dagny Taggart - Monday, 22 September 2008, 09:22 AM
  Hi All,

From now on, you would be able to view full posts in your emails as well as in the reader (Google Reader, Yahoo!, Newsgator etc.) subscriptions.

You will get one mail between 9-11 a.m. and the day we don't write, you don't get an email.

And, I am soon going in B School jail for being a loud mouth. Till then I continue.evil

Dagny
by Manika Tandon - Tuesday, 23 September 2008, 08:59 AM

hey dagny,

i couldn't find the contribution link... wanted to post my gmat experience, how do i go about it?

by Dagny Taggart - Sunday, 28 September 2008, 01:41 PM
  I have made a few changes in today's post, Truly Asia, for the very simple reason that I was not satisfied with what I had posted initially. Since this is an updated post, you would not be receiving this post in your emails. You can read the post on the blog.

Also, I have decided not to add posts daily because I think it's better to write a quality post than to write just to update the blog. The best option is that you take subscriptions and whenever the blog is updated you will receive an email  or an update in your reader.

Dagny
by cat2008 a - Saturday, 4 October 2008, 01:33 AM

can you compare the placements in iim a,b,c with top universities abroad in terms of profiles that are offered and the pay packages.

Heard that those students get Vice President positions wheras the ones from iim's get associate level positions. 

by Dagny Taggart - Saturday, 4 October 2008, 02:10 PM
  Hi There,

I don't think that this would be a very wise thing to do. If you check 2008 MBA Global Rankings, top ten schools listed are:

Wharton
LBS
Columbia
Stanford
Harvard
INSEAD
MIT Sloan
IE Business School
Chicago GSB
and
Judge, Cambridge

And IIM Ahemadabad didn't even make it to top 100 this year. So it would not be a fair comparison by any standards.
by Vagesh Rupakula - Wednesday, 17 June 2009, 05:57 PM

Hi Dagny,

The book 'Dagny_Taggart_s_Ultimate_Guide_to_GM' is not coming for printing due to security constraint. Why can't you give permissions at least for members, for printing the pdf as it is difficult to read the pdf continuously before screen?

Thanks,

Vagesh.R