New Batches at TathaGat Delhi & Noida!               Directions to CP centre
Parajumbles-9
by nirmesh sinha - Tuesday, 3 June 2008, 01:17 AM

(A) For the artists it is an entry to the big world.
(B) “These are like reminders of great conversations over good food–almost akin to buying a souvenir on a holiday,” says A.D. Singh, owner of Olive, a restaurant in Mumbai.
(C) Put up a painting on the walls, a sculpture or anything interesting and it pushes up the hip factor.
(D) Restaurants are not just about great food anymore–also crucial is a fresh concept.
(A) Plus, the restaurateurs insist, their parents are more likely to pick up a buy in the eatery than in a gallery.

(1) CDAEB (2) CBDAE (3) DACEB (4) DCAEB

(A) The CBI took into custody Ravi Vermas that auction house Bowrings was to put under the hammer, an Anjolie Ela Menon Murano sculpture, priced at Rs 3.5 lakh, went missing from an exhibition and then fakes of Aparna Caurwere traced to Lajpat Nagar in Delhi.
(B) The Ela Menon was reported stolen only a few months after an M.F. Hussain went missing in Hyderabad and the art world suspects more fake artists are doing the round than have come to light.
(C) For a close-knit community that can go for months without action, it has been an interesting fortnight.
(D) Negligence in museums, lack of incentives and conservation are issues raised by the art world before, but the
immediate concern is the surge in art crimes.

(1) DBCA (2) DCBA (3) CADB (5) BDCA

1.That India needs to democratize its higher education system is not in dispute but htat would truly happen only if the government sought to universalize both quality and access.
A.That the issue of caste based quotas has become more and more socially divisive must also be attributed to the shrinking higher - education pie.
B.The scarcity of higher educational institutions has led to a spate of inferior quality professional educational institutions that offer seats for exorbitant capitation fees.
C.Fewer and fewer people will have to suffer poor working conditions and meagre wages and this would enhance society's capacity to social and economic growth.
D.Enhancing access to quality higher education would not only increase the pool of skilled labour force available to indian industry, it would also improve it's quality of production and delivery.
6.The government should realize that concentrating on a few isolated centers of excellence no longer makes sense.

1.BCAD 2.BADC 3.DBCA 4.DABC

1.The rise in inflation is a global phenomenon.
AAlthough the reserve bank of india recently signalled higer short term interest rates, by and large it has preferred to restrain an explosive growth of bank lending only in certain sectors where bubbles are seen to be developing.
B.Along with many other countries, india is learning that there are no simple solutions.
C.The central bank has to strive for a balance between the iperatives of holding the price line and meeting genuine credit requirements.
D.Restraining credit growth by raising interest rates has not always been feasible.
6.For policy makers, supply side solutions involve the balancing of confilcting interests.

1.ACDB 2.BDAC 3.BCAD 4.DCAB

1. But to achieve 8 per cent economic growth, India needs to power-lift its exports from $46 billion now to about
$100 billion.
(A) L.Mansingh, feels that the industrial cluster towns with exports potential like Tiruppur (hosiery) Panipat (woolen blankets) and Ludhiana (woollen knitwear), which have efficient assembly-line production facilities, only need to be promoted and their infrastructure upgraded to transform them into export zones.
(B) Even then, we’d do less than what China does now.
(C) But Mansingh, director-general for foreign trade is optimistic, even as he acknowledges that the new SEZ
scheme may not have a significant impact on trade or economy or offset the high transaction cost problem that plagues our exports.
(D) Ajanta Clocks, for instance, saw drastic cut in production cycle from one month in India to two days when it went to China.
6. It’s hard uphill road ahead if India wants to increase its share in world trade from the present 0.65 per cent.

(1) DCBA (2) DABC (3) ADCB (4) ADBC

Re: Parajumbles-9
by nirmesh sinha - Tuesday, 3 June 2008, 01:22 AM

int reply;

if(reply>=8)

printf(" The solutions will be posted");

Else

Printf("wait for other friends to try");

smile

by The Contender - Tuesday, 3 June 2008, 11:59 AM
by Satyam Gadha - Tuesday, 3 June 2008, 01:03 PM
  Che Nirma..

My answers are:
Now why my answers are as above? I may be wrong.
1. DC and EB(also in 3 different options) goes together and in that sequence. Hence from options its 4.
2. BA goes together as they follow the chronology.
3. DC goes together as aftereffects of quality higher education.
4. B is a general statement and talks about the problem mentioned in sentence 1 and hence starts the sequence. C follows it as it is saying what the govt. needs to solve this problem. Also,A has mentioned the step that would be taken by reserve bank but D shows the presumed problem that will be faced in implementing this step.
5. A has introduced Mansingh and hence 1st in sequence. and hence D will go after it as per both options (3&4). B and 6 goes together.

Waiting for corrects cool

Thanks
SatyamGadha
by Soham Banik - Tuesday, 3 June 2008, 01:06 PM
  Hi !

1) 4
2) 3
3) 2
4) 3
5) 3

Regards
Soham
by Nish nishu - Tuesday, 3 June 2008, 02:23 PM

Hello nirmesh,

My ansrs r..4,3,3,2,1

by sunil garg - Tuesday, 3 June 2008, 03:41 PM

my answers

1) 3

2) 2

3) 3

4) 4

5) 3

by Senthil Kumar - Tuesday, 3 June 2008, 06:46 PM

Hi Nirmesh,

My Answers are:

Thanks,

Senthil

by rattled . - Tuesday, 3 June 2008, 07:01 PM

4,1,2,-,-

by Interstellar Overdrive - Tuesday, 3 June 2008, 08:05 PM

1. (4) DCAEB

The para cannot start wih C. It has to start with D. So option 1 and 2 are cancelled out. Also A cannot precede C, and this cancels out the 3rd option.

1. (1) DBCA. D is clearly the starting sentence in the para. The flow BCA makes more sense than the other options. B describes ‘the surge in art crimes.’ And then A describes the happenings in the last fortnight.
  2. 2.BADC. D and C go together. This option is only present in the second option.
  3. 3.BCAD. B should clearly be first sentence. D follows A. A talks RBI has restrained. D talks about consequences of restraining.
  4. (2) DABC.

I found this one really tricky. I hope I have cracked it.

At first look, D does not seem to be the first option to follow the given statement. But then the opening sentence itself starts with But, which means there has been something said before this para even started.

The reason why I picked D as the first option is that that A,B and C follow a pattern. Statement A talks about the things we could do to better our situation. Then B is being negative. Then in C again optimism can be seen.

by nirmesh sinha - Tuesday, 3 June 2008, 09:13 PM
  Thanks for nice name.."Nirma" tongueout
by avijit mohapatra - Tuesday, 3 June 2008, 11:22 PM
  my answers
1 4
2 3
3 2
4 2
5 1
by Abhimanyu Singh Sisodia - Wednesday, 4 June 2008, 01:28 AM

my answers

1 4

2 2

3 3

4 2

5 2

by Jim Braddock - Wednesday, 4 June 2008, 11:53 AM
  1. 4
2. 3
3. 2
4. 3
5. 3

Regards,
Jim
by Hungry Gadha! - Wednesday, 4 June 2008, 12:55 PM
  1. 4
2. 3
3. 2
4. 3
5. 4
by nitin verma - Saturday, 7 June 2008, 11:32 PM
  my take

again i  hv been fallen in love with 2
waiting for solution
by chaman raj - Sunday, 8 June 2008, 01:27 PM
  1---2
2---3
3---2
4---3
5---2
by nirmesh sinha - Sunday, 8 June 2008, 09:49 PM

i know it will be difficult to digest these answers but this is what available with me. smile

by avijit mohapatra - Sunday, 8 June 2008, 10:45 PM
  Hey nirmesh are you sure of the answers
I didnt crack even a single question sad
by Venkatesh Kannan - Tuesday, 24 June 2008, 12:32 PM
by pranshu gupta - Wednesday, 6 August 2008, 05:52 PM
  Dear nirmesh

i hav been a member for quite sometimes but didn feel like writing sumthin as it seems all right without my words. but sir, these answers seem realllllly very weird! please get us the correct answers!sad
by Romil Jain - Friday, 22 August 2008, 12:46 PM
  My take is:

1)4
2)1
3)2
4)2
5)3

Lets wait for the answers.....When the answer will be posted?
by mayank gupta - Friday, 22 August 2008, 06:51 PM
by Heath Ledger - Saturday, 23 August 2008, 01:46 PM

1]     4

2]     1

3]     2

4]     2  

5]     1

by Rishi Kapoor - Saturday, 23 August 2008, 04:31 PM

...RK...

by ruchika gupta - Friday, 29 August 2008, 04:29 PM

hi nirmesh,

i hope the answers you gave are right as its true that they are hard to digest. everyone above gave (4) as an option for 1st parajumble. i think the people who replying have read all articles related to parajumbles on this site so as I. i also hav implemented them but then also we couldn't crack it. i am unable to understand the logic behind  it. please help coz in exam i am not able to get even 20% accuracy in parajumbles.

regards

by mayank kumar - Sunday, 31 August 2008, 11:45 AM
  hi!
my ans are.
  1. 4
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
by Lokesh Jain - Tuesday, 2 September 2008, 08:41 AM
  my answers

can someone give an explanation to these questions?
by Amit Kumar - Friday, 21 August 2009, 12:12 AM
  Hi Nirmesh,

My attempt:

1.  1

2.  1

3.  2

4.  3

Regards
Amit
by sushmitaTG TEAM - Saturday, 9 November 2013, 11:26 AM

Hi,
1.) The answer is 4.
D is the clear starter. The story of art in restaurant is continued in C, which says how it can be done.
There is a EB pair.
Hence, 4.

2.) The answer is 1.
D is the starter. B continues the story in D by giving an example of the art crimes.
CA forms a pair, where C is the statement and A gives the premise behind C.
Hence, 1.

3.)  The answer is 2.

In the first sentence which is fixed, it is given that the government should utilize both quality and access. This pattern would be followed in the following sentences. Therefore, B would be the starter after 1, which contains matter about  “QUALITY”.

Also, DC is a pair. Therefore, option 2.

4.)  The answer is 3.

The first statement states that inflation is a  GLOBAL phenomenon. Thus, B would continue the story as it states “Along with many other countries, India..”.

Also, AD is a mandatory pair. Therefore, 3.

5.) The answer is 2.

The only trick to this parajumble is that ABC follow a pattern. Thus, 2.