New Batches at TathaGat Delhi & Noida!               Directions to CP centre
CAT 2008 Preparation- Study Plan
by Total Gadha - Friday, 11 April 2008, 11:13 AM

cat 2008 cat 2009 preparation mba preparation 2008 2009“How to prepare for CAT 2008?” Although I found some of the answers to this riddle last year, the answers were not complete. Maybe they will never be. But if you are preparing for CAT you would still like to have a concrete way to go about it. While finding answer to this question, I spoke with many trainers in the MBA coaching industry. All the answers that I got were on the same line, “number system ke liye 20 hr rakh lo, commercial math 15 hr mein ho jayegi, geometry ke liye 20 hr chahiye…” and so on. The answers were so general that they left me more confused. And every instructor had a different answer or study-time-frame suggestion for CAT 2008 preparation. Not only that, there was no method to break down study plan for students starting their preparations at different points of time. It made no sense that a student starting his preparation in May should be given the same advice as that given to the students starting in March. I realized that none of the instructors had a concrete idea about how to prepare for CAT in the best possible way. If I was a student, these answers would have left me completely befuddled.

Then I decided to go about it the Total Gadha way. I decided to let numbers tell me what to do. If it was common admission test I was preparing for, I should seek guidance from CAT papers themselves. I decided to find the numbers. When you have numbers on your side, you are unbeatable. I collected last 7 CAT papers and classified every question according to the topic. Then I summed up the marks for questions in every topic and found the percentage occurrence of marks for each topic. The result for CAT Quant is shown below:

cat 2008 preparation quant

There! You have it. Algebra- 37.6% by marks, Geometry- 22.8% by marks, Number system- 21.6% by marks and ratio and proportion- 11.2% by marks. Enlightenment provided by past 8 CAT papers! smile

I did the same exercise for the verbal section and the results are summarized below. 

cat 2008 preparation verbal

Notice that RC again takes 50% of the whole verbal section. Then come grammar and usage, fill in the blanks, and jumbled paragraphs.

I left the DI section as there is fundamental prescribed category for logical questions. Though, I am sure that I can find some sort of classification in the DI section also.

The answer to CAT preparation came in a flash, and it was perfectly logical and full of common sense. Here it is folks- the Total Gadha Way of CAT Preparation:

TIME TABLE

Count the duration, in days, from the time you start your CAT preparation to August 31st. After August, you will be busy in taking those mock CATs and you will hardly have any time for studies. Therefore, if you are starting your CAT preparation on 1st of May, you have roughly 120 days of study time.

Assume that you will get 75% of these days for studies. The rest 25% will be lost in sleeping, watching movies or just staring at that nice girl living in the nearby building. evil Therefore, from May 1st to August 31st you have roughly 90 days of study time.

Assume that you will study 4 hours everyday. These 4 hours are separate from the time spent in reading newspapers or attending any CAT coaching. Also, if you study more, do the calculations in your own way. From those 4 hours, devote 2 hours to quant, 1 hour to Verbal, and 1 hour to DI. Therefore, given 90 days of study time, you have 180 hours to study quant, 90 hours for Verbal, and 90 hours for DI.

Break down those study hours according to percentage breakup of the various topics given in the table above. For example, from 180 hours of quant you should have 22% devoted to Number system. Therefore, you need to devote roughly 40 hours to Number system.

Once you have number of hours, planning becomes simpler. Just start from the highest occurring topic and move to the lowest occurring topic. The beauty of this method is that you would have covered the most important topic at the beginning of your preparations and even if you are not able to cover the least important ones because of lack of time, it would not hurt you so much!

For those who are attending any CAT coaching, if the topics covered in the coaching are different from the ones you are studying according to your plan, then you need to study hard during your coaching classes. Do the class exercises there itself. Pay attention the instructor and study as much as you can in the class itself.

To practice RC passages, download 1000 RC file from the ‘Download’ section of TotalGadha and do 3 RC everyday. Practice the RC techniques I discussed in the ‘RC strategy’ article.

To practice DI, solve one or two DI sets everyday from the recent CAT papers. You can also follow the material given in your coaching or solve the problems posted on TotalGadha.

STUDY MATERIAL

Besides the material given in your coaching, you can also follow these to enhance your preparations:

Number System- Lessons and Quizzes on Total Gadha. I am unashamed to say this; the lessons and problems on Total Gadha are one of the best. While I was teaching at a premier CAT coaching institute, my lessons on Number System were unofficially given to Math faculties to help them prepare for their classes. And I keep adding new material whenever I find something interesting.

Geometry- NCERT books VIII, IX and X, and Total Gadha. When it comes to geometry, the NCERT books are matchless. You don’t need to look any further. It is surprising but geometry questions in CAT are still below NCERT level. For higher level questions, refer to Total Gadha.

Algebra- Hall and Knight higher Algebra- The following chapters are a must do from this gem of a book: ratio and proportion, arithmetic progression, geometric progression, logarithms, permutation and combination, quadratic equation, probability and theory of equations. There is also a very good chapter on Number theory for those who want to read more.

General Math- Quantitative Aptitude for CAT by Pradeep Pandey. A good quant book.

Data Interpretation- Those who have never encountered logical reasoning question should certainly finish these:
Puzzles and logical reasoning test on Total Gadha
Puzzles and Teasers- by George Summers
Tricky Logic Puzzles- Norman D Willis.
Past 5 years CAT Papers.

Grammar- Wren and Martin. Yes I know, most of you have seen this book thousand times in your school. Trust me, do this book 2- 3 times and you will not have to worry about the grammar section in CAT.

Usage- Dictionary of Phrasal Verbs- Collins Cobuild. Read it regularly if you have time. The dictionary gives you different phrasal verbs that can be formed with the same verb. For example, the verb ‘fall’ can give rise to phrasal verbs like fall about, fall apart, fall away, fall back, fall back on, fall behind, fall down, fall for, fall in, fall into, fall in with, fall off, fall on, fall out, fall over, fall through, fall to, and fall under. (Whew!) There are a lot of questions in CAT on usage of phrasal verbs.

Newspaper- The Hindu. There is not a single newspaper that can match the quality of The Hindu. The English is perfect (no puns or slangs), the editorials are very thought-provoking, and the news coverage is done in way that the paper does not take any sides. The paper lets its readers form their own opinions about the news. (My personal favorite is the ‘The Hindu Crossword’ which I’ve been solving for the last 7 years).

Books to read- Pick up the book list from here.

Magazine- The Economist. It is an expensive weekly American magazine but very indispensable if you want to get used to good English. Buy it and see for yourself.

Websites- www.epw.org.in, www.sciam.com, www.guardian.co.uk. There are numerous others, but these three will do given the time that you have.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Do I study all three sections everyday or only one or two?
Answer- All three. It takes some discipline to do this mind you. When I cracked my IIT- JEE paper I disciplined myself to study Math, Physics and Chemistry every day. To prepare for my CAT, I followed the same pattern. Most of us have a natural inclination to do sections that we enjoy or the sections we are good at. This makes us ignore the other section. Studying all three sections will ensure that no section is left behind.

Do I spend more time on topics I am weak in or the topics I am strong in?
Answer- Spend more time on the topics you are strong in. There are some topics that you cannot avoid. For example, you cannot avoid number system, geometry, RC, or logical reasoning. But other than those topics, spend time on topics you are strong in. Remember that your strengths will carry you through CAT and not your weaknesses. The direct result of performing better at your strong topics is that you will save time in solving those questions and will be left with more time to attempt other questions. Let me give you an example-

In mock cats my fellow cat aspirants used to start with question number 1 in quant and proceed forward, struggling throughout the section. I just used to hunt for number system and geometry questions (they are easy to spot), crack them quickly, and move on. The difference was that I knew what I was doing and I felt very good about myself at the start of the paper itself (think how good you will feel if you crack 5 problems in a row).

How do I make weekly or monthly time table?
Answer- DON’T. Weekly or monthly time tables are rarely adhered to (although they make you feel good that you have made a time table). My tried-and-tested method is this- keep a small spiral diary and note down the next day’s agenda (to the smallest detail mind you) every night when you go to sleep. Stick to that schedule.

That’s it for now folks. I am fairly certain that this will streamline your preparation to a great extent. I am also sure that you will still have many doubts regarding your CAT preparation. Do not hesitate to ask them. In my next article on CAT preparation, I will cover test-taking techniques and post test analysis.

Re: CAT 2008 Preparation- Study Plan
by born survivor - Friday, 11 April 2008, 12:43 PM
  hi TG and Dagnny,

before I start my preparations for CAT 2008 i would like to ask one very important query...
please could you tell me whether IIM will differ in giving calls for the ppl who have a gap in their graduation considering they have scored 99+(overal) with all the sectional cut offs...unfortunately i myself have a 2 yrs gap in my graduation (B.E Computer)...although now i have around 30 months of exp in the software industry...as far as my knowledge goes only IIM B and L stress more on past acads but rest of the IIM calls are mostly dependent on your CAT scores...
am i right, if not then please shed some light on this one...
pls reply a.s.a.p
by Total Gadha - Friday, 11 April 2008, 12:48 PM
  Hi Manish,

I know a guy who took CAT 2005 and he had a year back during his graduation. In fact he cleared CAT 2004 but couldn't join because his degree was extended because he had failed in some exams. Got all calls in CAT 05 but managed to convert only IIM- Indore. He will be passing out this year.

Total Gadha
by born survivor - Friday, 11 April 2008, 02:04 PM
  hi TG,

thanks a ton...

I am starting my preparation from today...

not going to leave you and dagnny till I get it and even after getting that smilesmilesmile
by born survivor - Friday, 11 April 2008, 03:47 PM
  Hi TG,

Is it necessary to join any coaching institutes...I have the material and I am going to refer the books suggested by you...
by Rajesh S - Friday, 11 April 2008, 03:59 PM
  Thanks for your stats it looks really helpfull..
by Kitty Witty - Friday, 11 April 2008, 04:22 PM

Hi TG Sir,

How often are the issues of the economist released? as in weekly/fortnightly/ ? Can you please let me know how much the economist magazine costs? and the book franchises in Delhi where the magazine is available.

by Kitty Witty - Friday, 11 April 2008, 04:57 PM

Hi TG

can you please let me know where the book Quantitative aptitude for CAT by Mr.Pradeep Pandey can be purchased from? Which publishing house publishes the book?

by bikram gupta - Friday, 11 April 2008, 05:09 PM
  thanks for the guidance tg
by Dagny Taggart - Friday, 11 April 2008, 05:33 PM
  Hi Manish,

It is not necessary to join a coaching institute. You can very well prepare on your own.

Kitty Witty,

The Economist is a weekly magazine. It costs Rs 150/- .You can buy it from any news-paper stand. It is also available at Om Bookshop, Oxford, and Crosswords. Its online edition is also available.

Dagny
by Kitty Witty - Friday, 11 April 2008, 05:41 PM

Thanks for the quick reply Dagny.....

can u also throw some light on Mr. Pradeep Pandey's book on quant...regarding the availability of the book?

by ankit khanna - Friday, 11 April 2008, 05:43 PM
  hi tg indeed a great article by you can u plz tell m is it necessary to read a novel to have a good command over english or reading hindu nd its editorial section can u help u in rc plz post the link for that rc strategy article iam not able to locate that........................ waiting for ur reply
by born survivor - Friday, 11 April 2008, 06:27 PM
  Thanks for the reply Dagnny...smile

by AMIT RAJ - Saturday, 12 April 2008, 09:33 AM

TG Sir,

Can you plz tel l from where I can get Pradeep Pandey's Book in Delhi.

Any Shop which you know.

Amit R.

by Gourav Chatterjee - Saturday, 12 April 2008, 09:35 AM
  Dear TG/Dagny mam,
Thnx for ur enlightening article smile
Its my first post in Tg.... in fact was searching for an article like this which gives thorough methodology of prep.
Messed up CAT 2007 93 percentile sad due to lack of prep. But this year i am going to bell the cat, whatever it takes.
One question i want to ask:
I am an engineer working in operations field (L&T) since last two years. If i get into any of the reputed B-schools, would there be any problem if I want to specialize  in  entirely different  field  like finance as I would be totally changing my career track ?
by Dagny Taggart - Saturday, 12 April 2008, 12:11 PM
  Hi Gourav,

You should be able to justify yourself at the time of the interview for choosing a particular field.

Dagny
by Gourav Chatterjee - Saturday, 12 April 2008, 05:26 PM
  Thnx Dagny for your reply smile
This website will be my home till I crack CAT.
by ankit khanna - Saturday, 12 April 2008, 10:45 PM

hello dagny madam how ru ?

iam new to this site can u plz reply to my above asked question i'll b grateful to u? 

by Joel D\'Souza - Sunday, 13 April 2008, 07:57 PM

TG Sir,

You've done it again. Great!!

by Dhruv Dua - Monday, 14 April 2008, 03:55 AM
  Amazing Analysis! Thanks so much!

by Amit wadhwa - Monday, 14 April 2008, 02:45 PM
  Hi TG

this is my first posting in the TG forum as i came to know this from my freind yesterday. i have  gone through the Study plan and its is beneficial for those who want to start but can not start due to the lack of guidence esp. for me and i am searching for this from the last one week. Thnx for entightling the study plan.

Could you pls. tell me one thing.

I have book of arun sharma for quantitave. is that sufficeint for quant?.

Waiting to hear from you soon.

thnx once again
Amit
by prerana pal - Monday, 14 April 2008, 03:36 PM

Hi TG,

The analysis seems very helpful for people like us who are working and cant spent more than 5 hrs for their CAT preparation. I will definately follow the plan shared. Hope this will help me out.

Thanks again for this wonderful article!!

by sahil madhani - Monday, 14 April 2008, 09:13 PM
  thanks 4 taking so much efforts hope v able to avail this.
by adarsh .s.b. - Tuesday, 15 April 2008, 09:30 AM

Hi TG,

can u plz give me that person's email id (which u have mentioned to manish's mail that he had an year back & passing out of IIM Indore this year) i would like to contact him since i have also got an year back and would like to take CAT & GMAT.

by star X - Wednesday, 16 April 2008, 12:38 AM

Hello TG,

I came to know about this site through one of my friends. Before starting the preparation, I would like to know one important point.

I have completed my Graduation 6 years back, in Biological Sciences. Am I elligible to take CAT for IIMs?

I am very much interested in pursuing MBA. Please let me know the details.

Thanks in advance...

by Vipul Patki - Wednesday, 16 April 2008, 03:46 AM

Hi TG,

Where can I find the solutions to the quizzes posted on this site?

Regards,

Vipul

by Total Gadha - Wednesday, 16 April 2008, 10:24 AM
  Hi Star X,

Yes you are eligible. Why wouldn't you be? smile

Total Gadha
by star X - Wednesday, 16 April 2008, 11:32 PM

Hello TG,

Thank you very much for your quick response. I am very happy to know that I am eligible to appear for CAT and possibly into IIM... Have started preparation as per your guidance in the site, from today.

Need your continous guidance to be successful...

Thanks a million again...for all the tips and the information you have provided for students like me...

Regards,

Star

by Manju Manju - Friday, 18 April 2008, 11:37 AM
  Hi TG,

Could you please let me know the publishers name for Quant book from Pradeep Pandey?I searched major book stores in bangalore but I was not able to find in any of the stores. Please help.

Thanks,
Manju
by Amit wadhwa - Friday, 18 April 2008, 04:26 PM
  HI TG sir,

Is Arun sharma book "How to prepare Quant Appt for CAT " is sufficient for quantitative section of CAT?.

Amit

by Raghu . - Saturday, 19 April 2008, 11:36 PM
  Hi,

We can also subscribe to the articles from the economist's website and get them for free...these articles cover almost all the stuffs that comes in their printed edition..

I was doing it last yr and it articles are of top quality

Regards,
Raghu
HELP !!
by mohammad rustam - Monday, 21 April 2008, 10:14 PM

Hi Tg,

this is my first question to you, i want to appear for CAT this year but, my academic record is not so good : here it is

10th- in 2000, 78.4 %

12th(PCM)-in 2002 73%

Year 2002-03 PMT prepration(drop), but couldn't make it!

2003-2006 Diploma (67%) in ECE from BTE delhi+ B.Com (61%) (2003-2007) * in 4 years from IGNOU University.

I am working for the past 15 months as Network Engineer in a good Company, though i am eligible for CAT but i am not sure whether i am eligible for other Exams viz, XAT,SNAP etc...................as my Bachelor degree is through correspondance that to in 4 years........so please guide me.

regards

Rustam

by Total Gadha - Monday, 21 April 2008, 10:40 PM
  Hi Amit,

You would need some more material but DO finish the book.

Total Gadha
Re: HELP !!
by Total Gadha - Monday, 21 April 2008, 10:44 PM
  Hi Rustam,

Although I am sure there is no problem in your taking the CAT, you find out directly from IIM- A admission cell:
Phone- Tel   079 2630 8357
Email:
admission@iimahd.ernet.in

Total Gadha

Getting into IIMs
by Harsh Dubey - Tuesday, 22 April 2008, 11:29 PM

hello sir,

I m preparing for CAT '08 from T.I.M.E. Pune. my academic track record is really pathetic. i had cleared 10th in second attempt and scored 44%, after that, cleared 12th in first attempt with 63.4%.

I want to ask u that if i somehow managed to score 99+ percentile in CAT and do well in GD and PI, will I be able to get into any of the IIMs or in other top 10 B-Schools keeping my past acedemic record in mind.

plz do reply a.s.a.p.

thanx

by ashish choudhury - Wednesday, 23 April 2008, 11:13 AM
  hi thr... i just read ur article...stared wid determined prep from march ...but hardly stick to my schedule..finish a bit of number system n alegbra & couple of novels ..now going thru to kill a mocking bird..but m bit worried now.m currently working ...as a marketing executive...becoz of my bit hectic office hours...i havent studie more more than 20 day.......so just wanna piece of advice....how to make a more hardcore preparation with your study plan....as the prob i m facing is consistency ... n yes one more thing would you think coaching classes will b ne help....n second thing is that if i start with your schedule by today itself,,,do i m very late wid my prep ????....plz advice,,,
by Dipti Chhatrapati - Wednesday, 23 April 2008, 05:28 PM
  Hello TG Sir,

Your Study Preparation plan is excellent , i was trying to prepare it since long days , but today i done it only within 10 minits....smile,thanks for you great helpsmile

As , My question is like , is it necessary to mug up spellings for verbal from dictionary , i mean everyday how much spelling i should mug up so i dont find any problem in verbal side...!!please Reply me ASAP , waiting for your favorable reply...

Thanks,
Dipti

by Kashif Aslam - Wednesday, 23 April 2008, 06:21 PM

I was just surfin thru the net in search of some good tips for kickin off CAT prep. I have decided to start it from the 1st of May,

I must say... This is the most amazing site I've come across EVER...

You are doing a great job TG !!!

Keep Rocking....

by Vipul Patki - Thursday, 24 April 2008, 01:19 AM

Hi TG,

In one of your articles, you have pointed out that students sometimes get too bogged down by their percentiles in mock tests. Also there is a danger of getting used to a certain pattern of questions. Am I right in stating that you want us to look at mock tests only as means of practice and increasing your ability to concentrate hard for two hours?

Also, apologies for pestering you but are the solutions to the quizzes on this site available (as PDFs or otherwise) so that we can have a look at the most direct solutions to the problems?

Thanks in advance.

Vipul

by Total Gadha - Thursday, 24 April 2008, 11:09 AM
  Hi Ashish,

If the problem is consistency, try making daily schedules and adhering to them everyday. Bring some old mock papers, sit down for 2, 2.5 hours  once every week and take the tests. This will force you to sit for long durations. You can certainly join an institute if you want to.

And no. You're NOT late. smile

Total Gadha
by Total Gadha - Thursday, 24 April 2008, 11:10 AM
  Hi Dipti,

Don't waste time on spellings. Invest your time in reading. smile

Total Gadha
by Total Gadha - Thursday, 24 April 2008, 11:15 AM
  Hi Vipul,

Mocks are meant only to test what you know. They cannot replace studies. Many students take a lot of mocks and feel that they are learning by finding answers to some 'typical' questions posed in there. Most of the time should be spent in studying and clearing fundamentals. Mocks are needed only to fix up test-taking strategy. 8- 10 mocks are enough for that.

I usually give solutions to the quiz questions in the forums. This has been done primarily to force students to come to forums and learn. Our forums are huge repositories of questions. smile

Total Gadha
by Pawan Saini - Friday, 25 April 2008, 07:43 AM

Hi TG and Danggy …. I am Pawan, New to this forum. I just joined it 3 days back and found it very helpful for CAT preparation and other information regarding MBA….

I am posting this query to seek your valuable advice regarding my future plan, CAT preparation…. Now before shooting my question, let me tell you about myself in brief…

I am ART GRADUATE + Three years diploma in hotel management (IHM)…. I did well in my IHM Diploma but could not do well In BA…. Moreover I did my BA as a correspondence….

I have 5 years full time experience in hospitality industry…. Now my goal is to do MBA from one of the IIM….

Now, as you know I am out of collage and out of my study mode for 5 years. So I believe I need at least 12 months practice to prepare for CAT… and I don’t think I will be able to continue my job during my preparation….

Now my question is….. Is it a good idea to quit my job so that I could give more time to my cat preparation…?

Will IIM accept 1 year gap in my work experience… How would I clarify my one year gap during interview ?

Here I am pretty sure… I won’t be able to manage both my work and CAT preparation together…

Please, help me with your valuable and honest advice…..    

by Amit wadhwa - Friday, 25 April 2008, 10:54 AM
  HI Tg sir,

First of all thanks for your prompt reply. I have TIME Material of 2007 and i will surely go quant section of TIME after completion of Arun sharma Quant book.

I have one query regarding verbal Section . I read editorial and opinion page  of Hindu newspaper daily and that took most of my time and cannot spend the time on reading comprehension section of TIME Material. Secondly, Is  novel reading a necessity for making the reading section strong if yes. Could you pls tell me what type of novel i need to read so that i can improve my analytical skill.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks/ Amit
by amit dubey - Friday, 25 April 2008, 01:58 PM
  Hi TG sir,
Thanx for such an analyzed and  well guided  article to bell the CAT.
i have one query about my profile..
10th- 64%
12th-  71%
B.tech(CS)- 60%(according to univ. evaluation, not aggregate) sad
workex- 1.5yrs in reputed software MNC.

i am aiming for IIMs and other top tier colleges like SIMB,IIFT,XIMB etc.
do you see any problem with graduation percentagethoughtful
well 1st may is not very distant date, i need to gear up my preparation.
i m eager to see ur answer.

thanx
Amit
by Praseed Nair - Friday, 25 April 2008, 04:56 PM

Dear TG,

Nice article regarding the study plan.The problem is that I am a slow poke.

So is it necessary to do all the three sections in one day.

pls advise.

Regards,

Praseed.

by Dipti Chhatrapati - Saturday, 26 April 2008, 10:58 AM
  Thank you for your perfect answer , as i am doing job in software ,  hardly i get time 3 hour to read , i have query as following

1> is it possible to crack CAT if i start preparation from 1st may ? if i study everyday 3 hour , as you have mentioned in your study plan that you sud have 4 hour time for quant,DI,and RC and verbal, Except ( extra reading and coaching classes) even i didnt join any coaching classes also !!

2> my graduation mark is only 47% coz of some personal reasons...an di belong to SC , so fortunatly i am eligible to give CAT..so what other factors i have to keep attention , please guide me.

please reply me , waiting for your answer.

Thanks,
Dipti
by Total Gadha - Saturday, 26 April 2008, 03:04 PM
  Will answer the queries on Sunday night. Weekends for a CAT instructor are as rushed as boarding a metro in Mumbai. There's no time to think. sad
by shyam verma - Monday, 28 April 2008, 08:54 AM

Hi TG sir,

I have scored 86.62%ile in CAT 2007.Having 94 %ile in QUANT and DI sections, but very poor 22%ile in VA.i have some financial problem so i can't attend coaching classes for english,so plz guide me to prepare for verbal section.

i have scored 62 and 56 percent marks in 10 th and 12th respectively and 62 % in btech,so how much it will affect in GD/PI after having good score thiss year?

plz help 

by Total Gadha - Monday, 28 April 2008, 10:27 AM
  Hi Pawan,

No matter how impossible it seems to you that you cannot prepare along with your job, I will not ask you to quit your job. First, you lose the extra mileage in the interview that you will have if you have one more year of work ex. Second, it puts a lot of pressure in your mind even during your CAT preparation as CAT becomes a do-or-die case if you quit your job.

Total Gadha
by Total Gadha - Monday, 28 April 2008, 10:30 AM
  Hi Amit,

Don't do the bare minimum for verbal. Do all that you can. And that includes novels also. They are a great way to enhance your capacity as a reader. I have given the URL for the list of novels in my article. Check it out. smile

Total Gadha
by Total Gadha - Monday, 28 April 2008, 10:33 AM
  Hi Amit,

No problem there. Just work hard for your CAT. smile

Total Gadha
by Total Gadha - Monday, 28 April 2008, 10:35 AM
  Hi Dipti,

Yes you can still prepare. Right now, just concentrate on your studies. I you get a call, we will discuss about your profile. smile

Total Gadha
Re: HELP !!
by emotional fool - Monday, 28 April 2008, 02:06 PM
  hi tg
i am a third year engineering student ....i will write cat 2008....as you know reservation has been granted to the obc's(i being a general candidate)......i am in a dilemma now....i have got a ppo in one of the leading psu's....i don't want to settle for anything less than the iim's or mdi(flagship course).......but the number of seats are dwindling....so should i work for 1/2 years ie. till the number of seats aso increases?
by Vikas Kumar - Monday, 28 April 2008, 09:02 PM

HI TG ,

I am not new member, but replying to you for the first time, plan looks suberb no doubt in that..but it seems english section need versatility from study point of view..everything need to be done to improve english..novel,paper,mag..,grammer but are all these possible in one hour daily study...

doesn't look like that..please simplify the plan so that it can be implemented well in practical ..or suggest the needful for job doers.

Vikas Kumar

by Dipanjan Biswas - Monday, 28 April 2008, 09:46 PM

Hi TG Sir,

Though i have joined in ds site 6 months before,bt this is my reply...I am an engg. student of 3rd yr....Strictly lookin for only the IIMs....Ds is my last chance to pursue Master degree from a reputed B.School( I missed IIT)....

My profile is like this:

Secondary:85%

Higher Secondary:80%

Graduation:81%(till now)

One problem i am facing now...[I m following ur stydy plan]

For Semestar i have to stop my prep at least for 20 days...If i wud put 8 hrs daily after my xam wat u think will there be any lag in ds couse of CAT prep..Or i wud carry on CAT durin sem xam nd will stop it just on the verge of sem?

Another thing if within a time limit i cant cover a chapter then wud i leave it or will complite dt chapter at first and dn will proceed to navigate thru another chapter?

Plz help me out sir....

TG Rockzzzzz.....

by shivam mishra - Tuesday, 29 April 2008, 01:00 PM
  hi tg

i want to ask that what should i do to enhance my calculation speed?
by Dipti Chhatrapati - Tuesday, 29 April 2008, 02:15 PM
  thank you  TG sir...smile

Dipti
by Total Gadha - Wednesday, 30 April 2008, 10:31 AM
  Hi Vikas,

Make novels and newspapers your priority. Do the others in your free time.

Total Gadha
by Total Gadha - Wednesday, 30 April 2008, 10:56 AM
  Hi Dipanjan,

Work hard for your graduation exams. 20 days won't make a big difference. Score well in your exams. smile

Total Gadha
by Dipanjan Biswas - Wednesday, 30 April 2008, 12:40 PM

Thank you sir.U are like my God.You know sir after being selected in Cognizant(in on campus) i just focused myself just for giving CAT.But your suggestion compeled me to think again and taking that xam seriously too.I am deeply moved by all your suggestions.

TG ROCKZZZ....

Thank You once again....

by Dipti Chhatrapati - Friday, 2 May 2008, 08:33 PM
  H ello TG sir ,

Your study plan is really very advantageous , but  everyday 2  hour study its not possible to cover all topics , how do i manage this plan i couldn't understand. what should i do to cover these all topics in  everyday 2 hour time , i think it will take 1 year whole to complete this strategy. so i think its quite difficult for job person , so please suggest me a way how do i manage this strategy. i am waiting for your favorable reply.

Thank you
Dipti.
by Total Gadha - Saturday, 3 May 2008, 12:22 AM
  Hi Dipti,

I had assumed 4 hours of study everyday but if you have 2 hours scale down the time for each section accordingly. Also, the plan is not set in a stone. It's just a guideline which you can mould according to your needs. smile

Total Gadha
by Dipti Chhatrapati - Saturday, 3 May 2008, 06:12 PM
  yes sir ,thats fine , but if i reduce the time of each section then i cudnt be able to complete all topics....thats my confusion.

Thanks
Dipti
by chaithanya vijayan - Sunday, 4 May 2008, 12:53 AM
  hi tg
I'm doing my bcom second year.. writing cat 2008.. so by the time cat results are out.. i'll just have passed fresh out of college.. i'm aiming for an iim.. but the stats scare me.. most of the students are science grads.. and majority have work ex..
how important is that?
chai
by jasdeep singh - Sunday, 4 May 2008, 07:56 PM
  hi T.G,
Firstly i am very thankful to you for presenting us such a definite time table for CAT preparation. Sir,i believe in hard work but even then there is some doubt in my mind about my profile which may act as obstacle in my way to IIM.
10th:86%
12th:81%
B.Sc:65%
Though my percentage in 10 and 12 is not very bad but my graduation percentage is very low.I have also no experience. Please tell me that would it be possible for someone with such profile that he can get call from IIM.
by SAURABH SONAL - Tuesday, 6 May 2008, 12:09 AM

Hi!!

This is a good and helpful analysis.

I have a query...hw exactly i should start for Verbal section...more concerned about a plan to start RC.Guide me...

I am in Germany ...will be bck to India by Nov .

I will appear for CAT2008.

I Would like to know about the books suggested by You.

Regards,

Saurabh

by Swayam Prabha - Tuesday, 6 May 2008, 06:02 PM

Hey Tg,

I have a query regarding the prep...u have mentioned tht one should do quant for 2 hrs, 1 hr verbal, 1 hr DI/DS...fair enough. But how to manage logical ability, reasoning, general knowlege, RC, Gammer at the same time...I m so confused. Plz guide me... I have left my job so that I can prep well. So it will be a great help if u help me construct a study schedule.

Do reply..as i m relying on ur suggestions

by Abhishek Jaiswal - Tuesday, 6 May 2008, 09:04 PM

hi,

i am guy continuing with my b.com final yaer and i think this total gadha rule is the best thing i can ever get with the best of my knowledge, this is the i will totally try and follow and lets see what the out come is...........

by Total Gadha - Wednesday, 7 May 2008, 10:08 AM
  Hi Dipti,

Don't make up your mind beforehand. Try doing it and find ways to accomplish your tasks along the way. smile

Total Gadha
by Total Gadha - Wednesday, 7 May 2008, 10:10 AM
  Hi Chaithanya and Jasdeep,

I think there is nothing wrong with you guys. Stop thinking so much and start preparing. smile

Total Gadha
by sushant sinha - Wednesday, 7 May 2008, 10:13 AM

This would really help me in streamlining my prep.....as i would be facing CAT for the first time...

by Total Gadha - Wednesday, 7 May 2008, 10:18 AM
  Hi Swayam,

If I say 1 hour for verbal, isn't 1 hour sufficient time to do 2-3 RCs and grammar? Doesn't DI include doing reasoning questions also? If you are reading newspapers why do you need to invest more time on general knowledge? smile

By the way, join your job. I do not advise anyone to quit his job and prepare for CAT.

Total Gadha
by ajit mishra - Wednesday, 7 May 2008, 02:55 PM

Hi

Can anyone please let me know from where do i get the solutions to the quizzes on number systems,geometry etc etc. posted in this site.

by Nadee Patel - Wednesday, 7 May 2008, 03:42 PM

Hi Sir ,

I had gone through those websites you had mentioned but couldnt find any help . Do we have to read the Blogs mentioned ,also can specifically mention how these websites will be of our help  . Also where is the option in TG.com to dowload RC .

by Dagny Taggart - Wednesday, 7 May 2008, 04:43 PM
  Hi Ajit,

Questions from quizzes are generally discussed in forums.

Dagny
by Dagny Taggart - Wednesday, 7 May 2008, 04:46 PM
  Hi Nadee,

Essentially you can read every single word written on the website. But, you can  definitely give a closer look at the Opinion Section, Books & Arts Section, and Science & Technology Section in economist.com. For Guardian, you can definitely browse through Comment and The Observer Section.

Please follow the link to download the 1000 RC file:-
http://totalgadha.com/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=515
by Arvind Mishra - Wednesday, 7 May 2008, 05:06 PM

Thanks for such a Great information.I have started preparation for CAT 2008  in this month only.

I have 86% in high school & 81% in higher secondry,completed my B.tech From NIT Hamirpur in 06 and  currently working with an MNC since last 2 years.

Please suggest me how should I prepare ,because very less time is left now.

by Shishir Gupta - Thursday, 8 May 2008, 09:26 PM
  Hi TG

I had followed your site last time around and it had helped me a great deal(missed out in VA by a mark or two!!). I must say it has some gr8 content on QA & VA. Today, i was just planning to get back to the preps and this article is right what i was trying to formulate myself. Great methodology to start the preps approve. Looking forward to some more great articles from your side (& Dagny smile).

Cheers!!
Expertgadha

by mohd. dilshad ansari - Friday, 9 May 2008, 04:31 AM

Hi,

It was pleasant to see ur planner, I will try to follow it, as i m new on this site.

I m preparing for CAT , so i will wait for some more guidance from ur side.

i need some guidance in english section, my english is not fair enough to gain a good percentile in cat,

so pleaase provide me some more tips for english preparation.

Thanks,

Mohd. Dilshad. 

by Dipti Chhatrapati - Friday, 9 May 2008, 11:05 AM
  Thank you TG sir  , To balance my confidence level smile

Thank you,
Dipti.
by Pratim Ghoshal - Friday, 9 May 2008, 03:41 PM

Hi TG

Thanks a lot for your inspired and dedicated plans once again this year.

I have been a regular vistor to your site for last year but some how i screwed up everything last year .But now I want to give CAT one last shot and this time probably the last time.I have few doubts please let me know your answers on them.

Is age a problem in getting into a good B school (I am 28 plus) having 2.5+ work exp in a reputed MNC.

How should I start my preparation --- I gave good effort(according to me last time ) but some got tangled.Where should i start my preparation for this year.

Also this time I wont have  study group (all my  friends left) so according to you is it really necessary to join a coaching class ---( I have unlimited internet access in my house) .

Let me know your answers on this and thanks once again.

by aakanksha tiwari - Friday, 9 May 2008, 11:56 PM

Hello TG sir

ur study plan is awesome but sir i have a query. I m a bio student aiming for CAT.i left maths after 10th std. Do u think it'l b difficult for someone like me to pick it up again

by eklavya girotra - Sunday, 11 May 2008, 09:35 PM
  coaching institute is a must..material is imp but more important is guidance..
by saurabh jain - Monday, 12 May 2008, 11:14 AM

Want a guidance from ur side

I am workin in infosys from past two years. I havent scored well in last cat exam mere 90 percentile, I am again targeting for cat exam this year but i have a dilemma if i ll get through exams of colleges like fms, xlri , sibm, ximb, nmims, iift other than iims, i will have 3 yrs of expeience by then so it would be worth to join these colleges after having 3 yrs of exp. or not. Moreover i should approach to one year programm rather than aiming for 2 yr programme?? Please guide me . Waiting for ur reply desperately.

by saurabh jain - Monday, 12 May 2008, 03:13 PM
  And whats the criteria and process for getting into ISB, hyderabad for experienced? Also tell the fees structure and various programmes of IBS.
by Nihar Ranjan - Monday, 12 May 2008, 08:21 PM

Hi TG,

I have crossed 35 big grin and did B. Tech from IT-BHU and then serving as IFS (Indian Forest Service)... 4 years of Engineering Job Experience and 7 years in IFS... ANy chance of switching my career through G-MAT or CAT at this stage???

Regards smile,

Nihar evil.

by saurabh jain - Wednesday, 14 May 2008, 10:14 AM
  where are u tg sir?? please answer my querries???
by Gaurab Pantu - Wednesday, 14 May 2008, 11:43 AM

Sir,

For Quant u suggested book by Mr.Pradeep Pandey.Would u please provide the Publication Of the same.

Regards

Gaurab

by baavla bhoot - Wednesday, 14 May 2008, 03:16 PM
  Hi TG ,

This site has been recommended   by a friend who got selected in all IIMs in her second attempt and she will be joining IIMC.Great work.I found this site really beneficial for all MBA aspirants.

about Myself.: I am working with Infosys past 1.5 years and since last 1 year , i am  posted at Singapore for UBS project.I am a hard worker and i want to make it up to any of the IIMs or ISB.I have done well in my school academics (86 % 10th and 80 % 12 th ) I did my B tech from Up tech university(70 %) and it was just a small - unpopular college.Though I performed good in whatever task i took but i am not a multifaceted person since i could concentrate  only one thing at a time.Didn't have much to show in extra -curricular section though i have my own qualities but didn't use them on  some competetive or public platform.
My queries start from here:
1) A lot of self introspection has imbibed a kind of inferiority complex in me .That I am not smart like the people who had made it to IIMS and it really needs some personality changes to get in to IIMS ,that one needs to be multifaceted and smart for getting in to IIMS,bla bla ....Moreover since I was not able to join any of the IITs or reputed NIT or regional colleges it makes me feel more down trodden.So how to get rid of these negative feelings and infuse a new wave of confidence.Do those extracurricular certifications play a vital role in getting in to IIMs.I think i am not that bad and its simply comparisons which is making me feel so low.

2) Do work ex play a big role in getting in a good b school and do these colleges have separate weight-age for work experience that could cover up for your extra curricular s.

3) I am aiming for CAT 2009 ,since i have to give up my internal certifications and luckily and happily i am contributing a lot to my client and company and really want to do some significant work and win win appreciation even before i  start my mba preps.I am more inclined towards ISB so is there a difference between the preparations of IIM nd ISB.

4) Should we start preparing for GD and PI simultaneously with the CAT preps.

5) I am  not good at oral maths and my calculation speed is really pathetic.How to work on the same since I have seen DI questions involving long calculations and approximations.I have seen people going through books like vedic maths to enhance their calculating speed.Would you recommend that.

6) Do we really need to grasp word list from Barons for vocabulary build up

Extremely sorry for pestering you up with this volley of questions but I want to get all doubts cleared before even aiming that big.After all one needs to set pragmatic goals that are with in one's reach and capabilities.

Please do reply .Shall be obliged for your help .

Thanks in advance:

cordially ,
akhil
I
by Dagny Taggart - Wednesday, 14 May 2008, 07:10 PM

Hi Saurabh,

CAT is mother of all exams so, when you prepare for CAT you get prepared for the rest of the exams as well. Don’t stay in dilemma, start your preparation. Executive programmes are advisable for people with 5+ years of work experience but it also depends on personal choice of an individual. Colleges such as XLRI, FMS, IIFT etc hold a high value. As for ISB, the minimum work experience that you require is 2 years to be eligible.

ISB has Full Time Post Graduate Programme
The Pre-Doctoral Programme

Executive Education Programmes

The PGP refers to the ISB’s full-time one-year residential Post Graduate Programme in Management. The PGP is comparable in rigor and content to a regular two-year full-time MBA programme offered by global business schools.

ISB considers GMAT scores

Financial Aid is provided to students in the form of tuition waivers, scholarships and loans.

Here’s the fees structure:

S.no.

Particulars

Amount(Approx.)

Single Person

Family

INR

USD

INR

USD

Tuition Fees

Accommodation

Books

Laptop

ISB Alumni Association Membership Fee

Meal Plans

Total

19, 13,000

For more information you can visit the official website- www.isb.edu

Dagny

by Dagny Taggart - Wednesday, 14 May 2008, 07:54 PM

Hi Akhil,

Let me answer to your queries one by one:-

Do those extracurricular certifications play a vital role in getting in to IIMs..
Extra curricular activities definitely add weightage to your candidature. But remember one thing, you have to believe in yourself in whatever you do or whatever you have done till date. You are a special person, you have special qualities and you are unique in your own way. Throw these negative vibes away. If you think that you have not been able to do much till now because of whatever reasons, you have a lot of time till CAT 2009, start today.smile

Is there a difference between the preparations of IIM and ISB?
For IIMS you have to clear CAT, for ISB- GMAT.

Should we start preparing for GD and PI simultaneously with the CAT preps.
Not really, focus on clearing the written first. But be regular with the current happenings around the world.

I am  not good at oral maths and my calculation speed is really pathetic.How to work on the same since I have seen DI questions involving long calculations and approximations.I have seen people going through books like vedic maths to enhance their calculating speed.Would you recommend that?
Pick up past few years CAT papers and you would realize that there is no major calculation involved.

Do we really need to grasp word list from Barons for vocabulary build up?
I won’t say no but rather than mugging up word lists, pick up books and start reading. This will enhance your vocabulary, comprehension and , reading speed. Here is the link for book list.:- http://totalgadha.com/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=2361

All the Best and congratulate your friend from TG team for making it to IIMssmile

Dagny

by Dagny Taggart - Wednesday, 14 May 2008, 07:42 PM
  Yes Aakansha, you will be able to do it. Don't waste your time and start.smile Start form NCERT books.
by baavla bhoot - Thursday, 15 May 2008, 02:21 AM

Hi Dagny,

Thanks for your prompt and voluble reply

You forgot to reply to  my ques regarding weightage of work-ex in different B -schools?

Kindly elaborate on the difference between GMAT preps and CAT preps .

Thanks

by saurabh jain - Thursday, 15 May 2008, 10:35 AM

Thankx Dagny . Ur reply is gr8 help for me.

I have decided to go for 2 yr programme,i will have 2 yrs 7 month exp by april2009 so thinking on that note  whether i should give exams of colleges particularly sibm, jmet,nmims. Guide me TG. I have PT and CL material with me so I should start with that material and then complete the books recommended by u in this article or reverse of it. CIAO........

by Nithya Reddy - Thursday, 15 May 2008, 10:55 AM

Hi,

Had a query regarding an passage in RC ----in the dowload section u have mentioned---its RC 14

Can u tell me explain how the comparison between these 2 sentences hold?

First sentence-

no one was able to ask the crucial questions
in a form in which they could be pursued productively.

Second sentence-

The predicament of a linguist trying to develop a theory of language acquisition when knowledge of the
structure of language itself is rudimentary at best

Seems a tricky comparison,as i couldn't get it.

Thanks in advance smile

by Vivek Datta - Thursday, 15 May 2008, 07:34 PM
  hello sir,
please suggest me some books on data sufficiency and data interpretation.
i mean those pie chart, and graphs etc, not logical reasoning.
by Dagny Taggart - Friday, 16 May 2008, 07:00 AM
  Hi Saurabh,

You should definitely take the rest of the exams as well. As for your preparation, you can start in any order.

Dagny
by Dagny Taggart - Friday, 16 May 2008, 07:13 AM
  Hi Akhil,

Weightage is definitely given to work experience but that does not mean that it will cover up for your extra curricular activities. Each parameter has it's own value.

There is not a much difference in preparation for GMAT and CAT. Quant section is tougher in CAT as compared to GMAT. For GMAT you should complete 1000 files and Official Guide to GMAT. For CAT, grammar, vocabulary , sentence completion, jumbled paragraphs etc. also come in play.

Dagny
by baavla bhoot - Friday, 16 May 2008, 11:13 AM
  Hi Dagny and TG ,

thanks for your reply and boosting the morale of everyone and guiding them in achieving their dreams.

Though i belong to Delhi but since at present I am working at Singapore so is it possible to prepare online for CAT because in Singapore neither we have any CAT specific coaching classes nor  it is feasible to bring all coarse material and books from India to Singapore.

Please guide.
by sukanya v - Sunday, 18 May 2008, 07:54 PM
  hi tg sir u guided me in a good way thanks
please clear my doubt
by jasdeep singh - Sunday, 18 May 2008, 09:50 PM
  Hi T.G sir and Daggny mam,
I have 2yrs experience in BPO.PLease tell me will this experience add feather to my cap and help me during PI in IIMs selection.I have heard from many that call centre experience is not counted.
Please reply me.
by krishan sharma - Monday, 19 May 2008, 11:33 PM

Hi mate, truly speakin I m unaware of mba preparation strategy n ya I m not here to give answer to ur question as u r superior n more experienced to me but I thought u r the right person to answer my question and for tht I need to introduce myself first.... My name is krishan and I have given my final semster examination ths yr n i want to do mba by nymean I will crack it up bt I need ur support as I concerned more abt the pattern n study style...How it should be ?...> see I am not pessimistic n I know I will chew this nut even its harder plz plz plz suggest me some good study style n stratgey. Be it any level I m well prepared to go through it plz reply n for more information n suggestions ...u can send me an email at callin_creatures_of_night007@yahoo.com, I hope u wld definately send me some good teeths to crack this nut, I will be waitin for ur reply.

by anusha bharadwaj - Wednesday, 21 May 2008, 01:09 AM
  phew....thanks for the vital stats in quant section. i am gonna take number systems very seriously from now on.....thanks once again
by Total Gadha - Wednesday, 21 May 2008, 09:29 AM
  Hi Gaurab,

It's BSE publications.

Total Gadha
Re: please clear my doubt
by Total Gadha - Wednesday, 21 May 2008, 09:33 AM
  Hi Jasdeep,

Any work experience counts as long as you can demonstrate that you gained leadership, team-building, crisis and pressure handling skills through your work. smile

Total Gadha
by Total Gadha - Wednesday, 21 May 2008, 09:35 AM
  Hi Krishnan,

Right now just jump into it. Concentrate on the major topics and start practicing daily. Your study will evolve by itself. As I tell everyone, start with the study plan initially and then make changes according to your own needs. smile

Total Gadha
by prachi sood - Thursday, 22 May 2008, 11:19 AM

hi heveryone ,

i am starting say today ,so what do you suggest for me . i am 80 % confident in Verbal and 60% in quant . i have also taken the GRE got 1280 . please let me know what is the difference in the level of the 2 exams .

by dileep purohit - Thursday, 22 May 2008, 07:14 PM

Hi TG,

i m serious about that b'coz i m from hindi medium, so help me what i do for best results.

by Sadiq M - Friday, 23 May 2008, 09:35 PM

Hi TG

this is my first posting in the TG forum . I have  gone through the Study plan and its is beneficial for those who want to start but can not start due to the lack of guidance .

Can you please clarify my doubt on coaching centres.

Is it necessary to join any coaching institute for CAT now because i have already joined CL two years ago or giving mocks would be sufficient?

Waiting to hear from you soon.

thnx a lot

Sadiq

by Kunal Dhingra - Saturday, 24 May 2008, 10:13 AM

Hi TG/Dagny,

I appeared for CAT-2006, scored 90.1 %ile.

Didn’t go for any institutes.

I am currently working in a software company with 11 months of experience till date.

I didn’t appear for CAT-07 but am preparing for CAT-08.

I want to make it to a very good MBA School this time.

I have joined Career Launcher in mid-April and have started Preparation.

Some difficulties I am facing:

RC/vocabulary

• My average reading speed is 215 wpm. Avg comprehension – 80%

However at times I tend to have regression, lose concentration in the midst of the passage,

Have Fixation in case of difficult passages.

• My Vocabulary is average-good; do I need to work very hard on it?

How important is vocabulary in CAT-08. Want a realistic effort and impact analysis as I don’t get much time to read, generally have a habit of reading newspaper (TOI) Editorial.

QA

• · As I have prepared for CAT before my fundamentals are ok but due to a year lag of non-preparation, I am toiling with the concepts again, though I grasp quickly.
  • · The major problem I face is that I tend to solve questions very quickly and in the process make silly/avoidable mistakes.

Also the major problem I faced in CAT-06 was the pressure.

I kind of panicked in the exam and messed up DI coz of English.

I know my problem is more psychological than technical.

See if u can guide.

Thanks in advance.

hi all
by anil sharma - Sunday, 25 May 2008, 04:10 PM

Hi TG,

Thanks for your exhaustive guidance on MBA Prep.

I have got this site from one of my friend....last year could not crack english though clearing cut off in maths and DI...

Hoping to do well this year..

Will keep on visiting this site daily.

Thanks

Anil

by Ankit T - Sunday, 25 May 2008, 06:44 PM
  Hi Sir,
Nice article to read and plan for CAT 2008.
I am starting my preparation for the exam, im from CBSE background so i hope i wouldnt have much problem in doing the textbooks of NCERT again.
About the plan strategies, i think i need some help coz though i prepare the plans i never follow them seriously, i would try to make nightly plans for the next day and hope it works. Thanks for the post, really helps in preparing topic wise for CAT.
Thank You
by Gaurab Pantu - Tuesday, 27 May 2008, 11:02 AM

R/Sir,

Thanks for information.

Regards

Pantu

by Akshay Bhat - Tuesday, 27 May 2008, 12:47 PM

TG,

I have IMS reading material, Abhijeet Guha and RS Agrawal, and i am preparing well from these books are these books sufficient?

i am trying wholly for the Top 15 B schools, Is it sufficient/

by varun gulati - Tuesday, 27 May 2008, 02:56 PM

hello

well,I gave the CAT examination last year (2007) after preparing for the test from a reputed coaching institute but unfortunately that didn't worked out for me and I was not able to get into any reputed college.

This year again, I am giving it another try, but this time I m not getting any sort of coaching for CAT.

please tell me how can I proceed in this direction as I am not getting any coaching.

thanking you

varun gulati

by King Anand - Tuesday, 27 May 2008, 09:22 PM
  hello TG sir!i am  b.e u.g c.s.e student and hv my campus startn frm 5th of july...was pretty much carefree about a specific way to approach CAT.all my seniours and friends who r in the iims suggested that september start wuld be gud enugh...I.E fter the placements...but THANX 4 UR ARTICLE.......I WILL START ABHI...may b 2 hours now 4 two months .... and 4 hours thereafter.....smile.....I AM REALLY  IMPRESSED sir....thanku .....
by saurabh jain - Wednesday, 28 May 2008, 11:03 AM

Hi TG\Dagny sir,

I want to prepare for gd/pi side by side coz it's been 2 year since i get passed out of the college and is currently not comfortable with the gds and extempore on topics other than technical areas.I am habitual of reading newspapers, magazines, novels and am update withcurrent affairs as well. Kindly help how could i improve my gds/extempore skills.Although i m a good communicator but find it hard to speak on a topic for 5-10min continuously.

by saurabh jain - Friday, 30 May 2008, 11:22 AM
  Sir where r u???
by ibsen valath - Friday, 30 May 2008, 02:35 PM
  sir ,
im on full stress.
show me the way...
by Total Gadha - Friday, 30 May 2008, 03:27 PM
  Hi Prachi,

Although taking GRE would have developed some comfort in you for verbal, the verbal section in CAT is still tougher than that in GRE. Both quant and verbal sections in CAT require a long and hard preparation. Have a look at CAT 2007 paper to get an idea.

Total Gadha
by Total Gadha - Friday, 30 May 2008, 03:31 PM
  Hi Dileep,

I was myself from a Hindi medium background. I attribute my success to CAT to all the reading that I did. You can try the same.

Total Gadha
by Total Gadha - Friday, 30 May 2008, 03:41 PM
  Hi Sadiq,

I do not know what is the level of your preparedness right now. Two years is a long time. Attempt two or three mocks at your home and check. Join a coaching institute if you want to stay regular or have forgotten everything.

Total Gadha
by Total Gadha - Friday, 30 May 2008, 04:03 PM
  Hi Kunal,

• For RC, have a look at this article:
http://totalgadha.com/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=120

• For vocab, try to master words which are in usage at this time. That means picking out difficult words from the newspaper or magazine while reading. Do not try to pick up some vocabulary book and mug up words.
  • To avoid silly mistakes or pressure, try to learn at leisure as much as you can and try not to take too many tests. Getting stronger with your fundas increases your confidence, improves your speed, and makes you more relaxed and focussed during the test.
Total Gadha
by jasdeep singh - Friday, 30 May 2008, 07:33 PM
  Hi T.G sir/Dagnny mam,
I want to know that how much time one must spend on CAT preparation so that he can get CALL from IIMs.Actually I get free from my BSc exams just 3 days ago.Now I decide to start rigorous preparation of 16-18 hours a day so that i can fill the gap of previous days.Please tell me am i right in started CAT preparation so late with such STUDY TIME of 16-18 hours a day......
by mithun vyas - Saturday, 31 May 2008, 05:39 PM

Hi TG/Dagny

I have been an ardent follower of this website since a year now, i have been reading your posts,suggestions and answers to a lot of anxious queries by CAT aspirants. I am thoroughly impressed by your replies and methods you and TG have devised to bell CAT.

Though I belong to a totally different background and am not a CAT aspirant anymore (am going for MS), but i still enjoy solving quants and RC questions posted by you. Actually your suggestions have helped me a lot in preparing for CAT 07 intially, and GRE eventually. I started with CAT 07 and ended up with GRE (discovered my real area of interest). Am all set with my VISA and admit from one of the best universities in US The University of Texas At Austin for MS in Energy Systems track of Electrical Engg.(fully funded).

I wanted to thank you and Dagny for such a great initiative like totalgadha.com, it has been a source of motivation for me,reading through your suggestions and strategy building excercise helped me to a great extent in honing my vocab and quant skills.

Thanks a lot guys.... smile

by prachi sood - Sunday, 1 June 2008, 02:35 PM

Hi TG

well thanks alot for replying . I was becoming overconfident with that ..will watch out now . anyways there is a fresh problem now with me ofcourse , i loose motivation at times its been a week since i touched a problem in my books ....please help how can the prep be constant ?

prachi 

by Total Gadha - Sunday, 1 June 2008, 09:47 PM
  Hi Mithun,

hmmm..one of the rarest post which is not full of queries smile

I am happy for you. Not only because you cracked your GRE but also because you discovered some things that you love to do even when you have achieved the desired results. I hope we are able to promote this love for learning in all our students. smile

Do come back to India after your MS. This country not only has better opportunities to offer but also has a sense of belonging you will not find elsewhere. smile

Good luck!

Total Gadha
by piyush pagey - Monday, 2 June 2008, 12:12 PM

Hello TG,

Can you please provide me list of novels, books for reading.

by Lakshmi Narayana Reddy RangaReddy gari - Tuesday, 3 June 2008, 12:34 AM
  Hello TG,

can you please give me some information about the cat,and also give
which books can I read to prepare the cat tell me that one.
by jasdeep singh - Tuesday, 3 June 2008, 08:00 PM
  Hi Piyush,
Pardon me,Our T.G Sir have already posted a good list of novels(total 50) worth reading. You should first surf this site completely before posting any further query.
by Gaurab Pantu - Friday, 6 June 2008, 03:51 PM

Dear Sir,

I want to buy your number system book but I have a confusion about the

Billing address Line1

Billing address Line2

Is it mean the residential address?

Regards

Gaurab

by HEM BANGARI - Friday, 6 June 2008, 06:17 PM
  thanks a lot
by prachi sood - Friday, 6 June 2008, 08:13 PM

hello Sir

I have been practicing from Hall and Knight as it is firmly suggested by you .Howerver while practicing ratio proportion I found that those type of questions are rarely asked in CAT . thus i am curious to know why you recommend it .Either mine , is a very old edition that may be the reason . Has a new edition come up off late ?

prachi

by Sumit Prabhakar - Friday, 6 June 2008, 09:44 PM
  Hi TG
       I am preparing 4 CAT 08. My Quant section is very good but not Excellent, my AR/DI is ok but I lack in RC section, Para Jumbles. U can say my whole english is week.  Last year I got gud scores in Maths and DI but English made my paper worse. Wat shud I do Sir?? And also I want to know if any book wud help in making my LRDI strong..
Please Reply Sir
Thanks and Regards.
by dhaval mehta - Monday, 9 June 2008, 11:15 AM

Hello TG,

you r doin a great job. i read ur study plan. i have a job from 9 to 7. pl help me with my time table. i am weak in quants. i appeared CAT 07 n scored 72 percentile without much hard work bcoz of my job. looking to start all over again. pls help me.  

by aditi agarwal - Monday, 9 June 2008, 10:02 PM
  sir how can i get solution fr number system quiz? i am unable to solve many questions sad
by AMAR AHUJA - Monday, 9 June 2008, 10:50 PM

pls help me by letting me know the topics covered under number system...

by shashank aggarwal - Tuesday, 10 June 2008, 11:17 AM

This is whatmakes me come back to your website again and again!

Thanks TG! smile

by rrr ttt - Wednesday, 11 June 2008, 01:21 AM
  is it too late to start now???
i dont even have sufficient material..
i want to kick off asap..
pls guide...wrt material and everything else..
by sahil sachdeva - Wednesday, 11 June 2008, 04:50 AM

Hi TG,

i hv been following this site since last month and this site not just gave me great stuff to solve but also has motivated me, inspired me and always kept me updated. I really wish to join tathagat but cud not get info on any batches starting in july. I m not in india right now and will be comin back in july 1st week. it would be great if u can help me out.

thanks and regards

by Total Gadha - Friday, 13 June 2008, 07:52 AM
  Hi Sahil,

Yes you will get batches starting in July. smile

Total Gadha
by Total Gadha - Friday, 13 June 2008, 07:55 AM
  Hi Rahul,

No it's not too late. But keep 5- 6 hours for preparation. smile

Total Gadha
by priya jain - Friday, 13 June 2008, 10:23 AM

hi ,

Same is my concern.Is it too late to start now???I m working since past 1.5 years and now I am planning to take up CAT 2008 only if I can give it my best shot . This will be my first appearance as till now I had no plans for MBA . English is the section which scares me.Rest I can pick up fast.But being a working person and having less time in hand worries me about my plans.
Please guide me how feasible it is and what should be my strategy to achieve the best out of it.

Thanks smile
by SANDEEP CHAURASIA - Monday, 16 June 2008, 01:45 AM
  TG Sir !!!!
i am really worried after calculating that i have got just 75 days in total left now as per ur plan sad
To be more specific i even feel that i couldnt adhere to my own set plans shy
I have failed in focusing on equilibrium between my study and my job......
Im having an engineering background so i relied only on Quant and DI in CAT 2007 ......finally managed just over 70 percentile overall with only 45 percentile in verbal.
So sir as per that what would help me the most ONLINE reference from ur page or My study materials(in a sense of faster preperation):-\

Sandeep kumar Chaurasia
by Total Gadha - Monday, 16 June 2008, 09:18 AM
  Hi Priya and Sandeep,

If you are starting right now, make it a point to take less mock tests and study more. Study and study and study. As for the verbal section, you will have to take pains to master it. Read as much as you can. Read 'The Hindu,' 'Economist,' and as many novels as you can.

Total Gadha
by saket gupta - Monday, 16 June 2008, 04:14 PM
  hie, tg sir
i hav started preparing for cat from last mnth. bt the problem is i m not getting confidence in  areas which i prepare .also i get in dilemma when i ask myself abt how  much i hav prepared ......pls suggest me some thing out of it .also suggest me  that how many hrs. a day shld i study......
by SANDEEP CHAURASIA - Tuesday, 17 June 2008, 01:16 PM
  Thanks TG Sir!!!
As u said i have already Started with the Economist(Pdf)evil..n Hindu..
But i find it hard to locate the torrents of Economists......sad
i even tried various orkut communities but didnt find any good link......for Economist pdf links
kindly help me in the above if possible!!! cool
by kanika bhutani - Tuesday, 17 June 2008, 02:37 PM
  dear sir,
sir ur article was really helpful.
bt can TG sir or nyone tell me that  is  answer to quizzes is available on site or nt?if yes then hw to locate them?plz help me
by swati pani - Tuesday, 17 June 2008, 06:46 PM

dear sir/mam,

I hav few queries which i thnk can b best answered by u people

->whts d minimum no of questions do v need to answer in each section to reach d cut off????

->How many guessess can v afford to make(even if thy turn out wrong)?

->Is there ne specific strategy which v need 2 follow while attempting d questions?

by Satyam Sharma - Wednesday, 18 June 2008, 12:58 AM

hello....

my problem is real big...my father is a maths teacher n m a big blunder wen it cms to solving those ques in front of him....i can do them ven he's not around....wat do i do....he's constantly behind me to study wid him...n i cn't perform really wel coz of this...

plz plz help me .......

by Amit wadhwa - Wednesday, 18 June 2008, 12:55 PM

Hi TG Sir,

Hope you are doing fine.

I have gone through the TGCOPY CAT-01. The quant section seems very difficult. I am not able to solve the question and i am doing practice contineously from the last one annd half month. Could you pls guide me how to crack the quant section as i am suffering from very bad situation and i am loosing my spirit.

Pls suggest me how to proceed further. Till now i have studied few chapter of Quant and DI not completed the TIME material yet as well as Arun sharma books and  i joined the MOCK test series of TIME also. I am planning to join the TG MOCK cat series too. but the thing is  i have not completed the full course yet. Suggest one thing:-

1. First i should finish my CAT meterial then go for MOCK test.

2. Prepration along with MOCk test simultaneously.

Need your guidence on that.

Rgds/Amit

by Amit wadhwa - Wednesday, 18 June 2008, 12:58 PM

Hi sir,

When are you posting or discussing the solution of TGCOPY CAT -01. Waiting to hear from you.

Rgds/Amit

by ganesh p - Thursday, 19 June 2008, 04:47 PM

Hello  sir,

I was in a software company.But as a part of the recent layoffs happening in this industry was actually asked to resign.With just close to around 4.5 months left for cat should I actually get into a new company and give the cat a shot or completely devote myself for the exam.Iam really at a state of dilemma....would be really helpful if u could give a good decision for this at the earliest.

by emotional fool - Thursday, 19 June 2008, 04:47 PM

hi tg!

one of my colleagues has a problem......he is in the fourth year of b.tech. but he  got 2 backlocks in the third year....he will appear in the supplementary exams in the month of september......by then the last date of cat's form submission will have passed.......is he eligible to write cat 08?

regards

by s s - Sunday, 22 June 2008, 09:59 PM
  Hi TG,

Am new in this CAT race.Im a working software professional n wanna crack the IIMs.I hav been a 75 to 80-percenter in my school/college throughout till now.

I hav gone thru all the threads here and seen ppl asking if they are late to begin.
My  problem is that I m beginning now.

Can you please suggest the approach I should take to prepare for each section , considering I have a lot lesser time.

Thnx
by omkar patwardhan - Tuesday, 24 June 2008, 11:44 AM

hey tg sir,

this one not regarding cat, though it is.

i paid for online mock cat thru paypal.

now when do i receive my registration id and password.

i also registered for thr free mock onlince cat on 15 june but got no response from the tg site. may be ur target was reached.

so will u please tell me now whether i will also be eligible to take the first online mock cat too?or its gone forever?

secondly, there must be many more like me who missed the first online mock cat of totalgadha. willl u please give us a chance to take it again before the second one on 17 july?

neways i really find ur prep plan very nice.

by Total Gadha - Tuesday, 24 June 2008, 01:49 PM
  Hi Omkar,

We will send you a TG id soon. You take your first mock then. Don't worry, you will be able to take it. smile

Total Gadha
by manoj 1123 - Wednesday, 25 June 2008, 01:34 PM
  Hi TG,
I appeared for the COPY CAT1.
I found the questions really target oriented, for which I want to join for other copycats. But my doubt is how to get a brief solution to the questions, i.e. I could not find the answers to copy cat-1. So similarly I am in doubt that whether I can get the answers to the  next series or nt. plz reply.

Thanks,
Manoj
by omkar patwardhan - Wednesday, 25 June 2008, 02:18 PM

thanks sir.

i also found ur post on percentage in quant very helpful. coz its graphic and well iillustarted. this site rocks man.

by Serial Sinner - Wednesday, 25 June 2008, 11:23 PM
  Hello TG sir,
I just wanyed to ask you that am a CAT 2009 aspirant,wanting to join tathagat at CP centre,could you temme the best time to join it??
by Satyam Sharma - Thursday, 26 June 2008, 01:33 AM

hello TG sir.....

i have woken up now...really wana give my best shot to CAT 08...plzz guide me....my mail id is satyam_sharma3@yahoo.co.in...

i knw u can help me..plz sir....

Regards..

total gadhi....

by Total Gadha - Thursday, 26 June 2008, 04:12 AM
  Hi Ganesh,

Find a new job. You can't play cool on the D-day without your life being secure.

Total Gadha
by Total Gadha - Thursday, 26 June 2008, 04:14 AM
  Hi Manoj,

You can find the CopyCat1 solutions here:

http://totalgadha.com/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=3077

Total Gadha
by Total Gadha - Thursday, 26 June 2008, 04:15 AM
  Hi Shruti,

You decide the time from when you want to start preparing. As for your info, we are starting a CAT 09 batch this month.

Total Gadha
by emotional fool - Thursday, 26 June 2008, 01:50 PM
  hi tg !
kindly answer my question as soon as possible.........it's only you who can be trusted

regards!
hoping to get an answer soon!
by megha sharma - Thursday, 26 June 2008, 08:16 PM

hello sir

i am preparing 4 cat-2009. do i also have to follow the same procedure to prepare....since i have got more time  what extra can i do to prepare??

by Deb M - Thursday, 26 June 2008, 09:18 PM

Hi TG,

Just wanted to say thanks for the article .

I have recently joined a coaching class . Was totally confused how to start with the coaching class material . Your article showed me the way .

Hope I can make good use of it .

Thanks again

by deepthi singh - Friday, 27 June 2008, 01:40 AM
  Hi Mr.TG,

I am currently working in the US and would like to take the CAT 09 exam, So can you please tell me what is the sufficient time to prepare for the exam? I have just completed my Masters in Electrical and Computer Engineering and I aspire to make it to the IIMs.

Thanks,
Deepti
by nitin sonker - Friday, 27 June 2008, 07:35 PM

hi,

this is nitin pursuin my B.tech 3 year from HBTI ,kanpur....

i m goin to take cat this year just 4 testing myself....

can u tell me what should be my strategy to bell cat in first attempt...as

i have complete one year....

i m weaker at verbal section,quant is better but yes can't say of DI part...

please guide me the way so that i can overcome my agony of not gettin selection at jee.

i have total faith on u that's why daily i use to go through ur webpage ....

HOPE U GIVE ME A BETTER SOLUTION

by saket gupta - Friday, 27 June 2008, 09:32 PM
  hey i didnt got reply sir....????
by tanushree jha - Saturday, 28 June 2008, 07:59 PM
  hi,
i am aiming at cat-2008.Although i started my preparation in may but i am not satisfied with the methods i chose..i wanted to ask you is it too late now for me to follow this study plan?i am hoping for some positive reply...

regards
tanushree
by ravikiran vemula - Saturday, 28 June 2008, 10:26 PM
  great post yaar
thnx a lot
by Omkar Sathe - Sunday, 29 June 2008, 08:37 PM
  sir,
i am an engg student currently just out of 3rd year.
i didnt undersand the eligibility rule of CAT whic requires me to complete graduation with minimum 50%marks (open)...does it mean that i have to score more than 50% in all 8 semesters?or does it mean that the average of all 8 semesters must be above 50%?
i have scored 72%in first year and 56% in 3rd sem.

sorry if the q seems a bit stupid.
by nitin sonker - Monday, 30 June 2008, 08:36 AM

hi omkar dis is nitin

ques is not stupid one as it is related to ur career

so...

its obvious dat u got to secure aggregate of 50% till 6th sem

plss can u tell me which college

i m also n engineer frm HBTI,kanpur

best of luck

nd kindly 4give if i said ny thin wrong

by reshmi kumar - Tuesday, 1 July 2008, 03:55 PM

Hi Tg, Thanks for the wonderful post.This article will definately be useful to me .TG, Please dont remove this article till CAT 2008 is over. Can u tell me how to go back and refer this article in future. How can i search for this particular article? I am new to this site, so dont know much.

Reshmi

by Nithya Reddy - Wednesday, 2 July 2008, 08:44 AM

Hello Dagny and TG,

I feel the Delhi CAT aspirants are very lucky to have TathaGat classes...what about us who reside in other cities? Ofcourse the material on TotalGadha.com is very good. But I hope in the future u guys can start of these coaching classes in Bangalore as well...what say?

by paws speedy - Wednesday, 2 July 2008, 09:19 AM

hey TG,

great article mate, everyone else i know make their schedule a month in advance and all that but its rarely adhered to, so, great idea this one.

and yeah planning for a day in advance is something which even i can do.

good work

abhinayacool

by Rakesh Kumar - Wednesday, 2 July 2008, 07:54 PM
  Hi TG,

I am new member to the TG community. But it is an awesome effort from you guys to help those who are preparing for the coveted CAT.

I am one of them.

Thaks a lot.
Rakesh
by life calling - Wednesday, 2 July 2008, 09:20 PM

hi ,

i am a new member to this CAT prepration group , i have to start preparing from scratch .. and i am really thankful to you that your "Study Plan" thing has really helped me a lot.

Thanks,

life calling

by Venkata Ramana Sanku - Thursday, 3 July 2008, 02:29 PM
  Its a very good one for the people who are in the race and it will be very helpful for those who are in dilemma of what to read and all................

Hail Kurt Cobain,Praise Che..
by vish k - Friday, 4 July 2008, 02:59 PM

Hi TG.

i am new to this site and it already luks damn intresting. I hope to crack CAT 08 soon!! My problemis im working and i get time off in weekends or a liilte during the day....and i have to strat now! i kno ts july but im sure selective thngs will help me! I dontknow if i should resign and study at home or stick on and not b able to study fully.

But as of now planing to do lot of di and Numbers and Profits and general math in July. August couple wd few verbal and di again and end it with math again with di simultanous..

dont know do sugest me what game plan to atke. I m more of a last minute preparaer so i wont let the time factor bog me down !!!smile

Do suggest what u say and i vseen the list of buks you have reffered. any other course material u suggest?

by Angshuman Sarkar - Saturday, 5 July 2008, 10:54 AM
  Hi...
I am new here...
I hav just started preparing myself for CAT 2008.
I knw i dnt hav nough time!bt willing horse can break the stone!!!!! that i know!
so can u suggest me if i stuck on any kind of problem.. i need to solve them as soon as possible!!!
so can u giv the link in this website where i can post any of my problems and can get ans very quickly?? plz help me out!!!
sad
by kanika bhutani - Saturday, 5 July 2008, 11:41 PM
  plz tell me whr can i get answer to quizzes on dis site.....
by rindu kanchanapalli - Saturday, 5 July 2008, 11:55 PM

hi sir..

i am doing my b.com second year now.i wanna do CAT 2009.i am taking coaching in TIME hyderabad which is for 18 months.Plz suggest me a study plan.As i am from science background in intermediate i think i have to concentrate more on quant section.Please give a study plan.And plz say on what basis we have to read news paper,just read it or copy the vocabulary or understand the language and know the meanings of difficult words........

by poonam thakur - Sunday, 6 July 2008, 01:20 PM

Hi TG,

m glad dat i found dis site its really very helpful thanks 4 puttin in so much effort neways m pretty new 2 dis site bt try n do d quizzes bt wanna ask u k is it ok if v take like more dan 5 mins 4 solvin d number system sums coz sum of dem reaaly takes time pls reply n thanx loadz.

by anupam parey - Sunday, 6 July 2008, 04:58 PM

Hi TG Sir,

This is Anupam.. and i am new to CAT 2008. I just want to know if i am starting rite from the scratch at this point of time, then what all additional efforts do i have to incorporate in my studies for CAT 2008 in order to sail thru it .. smile. It would be very greatful if you can guide  on this and provide a study plan for all neophytes who had just joined the battle.... smile
Hoping for ur reply.

Thanks in Advance
Anupam
by Malligarjunan Malligeswaran - Thursday, 10 July 2008, 02:04 AM
  How could i better understand about the percentile concept used in CAT.For example in one of my mock cats i scored only 4 marks in quants section(attempted 1 and got that correct with 100% accuracy)but my percentile is 99.93 in this section.I am totally confused about this percentile calculation.please help me to get out of this confusion.. IS percentile related with maximum marks scored. Please help......
by Vibha Bhan - Friday, 11 July 2008, 04:42 PM
  Too good :smile
by rakesh ojha - Monday, 14 July 2008, 03:20 PM

Hi TG

Thanks a lot for such a nice and useful compilation of percentage of questions from different sections in CAT.

I am foloowing it.

I am going to a weekend classroom course in Bangalore.

Please tell me how is Arun Sharma's book for quant ,DI and English. Many of my frnds are taking help from this book.

Is it advisable to go through any books like QA and DI by Arun Sharma, at this stage beacuse now only 3 months are there. Or shall i follow your suggested books and materials,like algebra by hall & knight,NS fron TG and so on......

And i have to solve my coching class materials

TG plesae reply soon

by Gunjan Arora - Monday, 14 July 2008, 06:51 PM

Hey TG and Dagny!

OMG!!! You guys are lifesavers! :D

I started my CAT 08 prep just yesterday and discovered this incredible site only today! I was really tense thinking that I'm giving myself just 4 months to prepare compared to a thousand friends who've been in coaching since last year... But I feel so much more in control, having gone through all the resources you guys have made available here smile

Many thanks and God bless!

Gunjan smile

by Ganesan Mahendrababu - Friday, 18 July 2008, 09:53 AM

Hi Gadha,

I am working in a MNC For the Past three years... i too had the intention of writing cat and getting into a top notch instiution like other feel.i am wirting cat for the past three years and two times Xat and one time JMET and one time IBSAT. Still i am unable to get any decent percentile to get in a good B-School. In my inital attempt i got a call from ICFAI Hyderabad.. but made my mind at that instance that i can get a good college more than that.. and started studying (Still studying alone.. nothing gets me good...) i have a join a good coaching institute for three time still not getting it right...after writing nearly many mock cats and exams still i am not able to clear the cutoffss and this makes me feel whether i am not fit for it and it is suitable for only a few and not for the persons like me.....this year too i like to write cat but after this much failures(last week mock cat tooo very poor performance)....i dont know what i need to do. though i am good in job my main interest is to do MBA From an good institute such that it doesn't affects my career even in the institute i am good in solving i can compete with others but i dont what is wrong in me now... Good in Acads upto UG(So far studied)...good in work too(so far nice recognitions from my managers..) y not this alone...whether i am not fit for it... i am still confused... i will write cat this time tooo but this should not be like other attempts which i did so far.....it should be a fruit bearing one for me atleas to get into an good institute atleast... i need your guidance and help inthis... if i fail this time serioulsy i dont know what to explain too.....with this much experience you have and you have seen n number of students like me in this.. Kindly help me out gadha.. this time preparing from home as my parents are very much disappointed abt me... and  y not they have joined institutes for me three times.....

Initial step for me is to clear cutoffs in all the three secions and overalll.....

Please tell me frankly a student of my calibre can clear the cat this time or not..... (i trust you a lot in this.....)

Waiting for your reply....

by zabeer mohammed - Friday, 18 July 2008, 04:35 PM

Hai TG..

thanks for this wonderful site..

i have a doubt.. Reservations are there for non-creamy layer OBC ppl.. while applying forCAT will the income of the applicant also be considered for deciding whether the applicant belongs to non creamy layer  or the income of parents will only be considered ?

all the best wishes for all the TG guyss.. keep the spirits high..!!!!

lotsss of thankss

zabeer.

by crispy gupta - Friday, 18 July 2008, 11:11 PM

hi,

can you please let me know that how should i analyze my mock cats(for all sections), so that i can improve my scores. i m getting very bad score in verbal. May be due to lack of concentration.

Also I am able to solve more number of questions without timelimit, whereas in the mock cats no. of attempts are very less.

Any suggestions to improve on the above things??sad

Hi tg/tagny...
by Ashish Gupta - Sunday, 20 July 2008, 10:24 PM
  Hi tg/tagny ,

This is the first time i am posting something on this forum.. i am in a dilemma . i had written cat 2007 n secured a 90 percentile in it.. in verbal alone i secured 88 percentile.. i am plannin to reappear for cat 2008.. but there seems to be a problem somewhere in my preparation which i am not able to figure out.. and this has to do with the verbal and rc section.. i understand what the rc means but when it comes to answering i often commit unforeseen mistakes (ESPECIALLY IN THE INFERENCE BASED QUESTIONS) . Can u please suggest something...
by jayesh parmar - Monday, 21 July 2008, 12:46 AM
  TG,

I am flat..I am really impressed by your dedication and hard work. Best thing i like abt this website is it's run by individual  who work with his heart than group of people who work for money.

I too is preparing for the CAT 2008 and my preparation going well. I am scoring around 80 - 90 percentile in mock test which are highest by me in any kind of CAT exams but i feel i need more time than just 2-3 hour after office and planing to quit job and dedicated next 4 month for MBA PREPARATION as i want to join b-school next year.

What you suggest?????

Waiting for your reply...
by gajanan gambhire - Tuesday, 22 July 2008, 09:47 AM

Hiiii

Thank you, Friend.

I really inspired my your forum and I will definately take benefit from your suggestion. I will start to do same from right now (today).

Have a nice day.

Regards,

GAJANAN.

by Total Gadha - Tuesday, 22 July 2008, 09:53 PM
  Hi Jayesh,

Quitting job- NO. Switching job- yes. I do not understand why everyone is ready to put his/her job at stake for CAT. Do your job well and grow in your career. That way, you will sit in CAT in a much stronger psychological frame of mind. Don't put your career at stake for CAT.

Total Gadha
by Total Gadha - Tuesday, 22 July 2008, 10:02 PM
  Hi Crispy,

You need to do the following exercise mock after mock to improve your mock scores:

• Solve the mock completely: remember this! your mock scores do not increase unless you solve each and every mock completely. That means finding answers to the last step.
  • Find the better approach: In each and every question, try to find the better approach. This is a painstaking but useful exercise. Take help of some person who is performing well in the mocks for this purpose.
  • Group Study: a wild card which is not suggested by every instructor. But in my case it worked. You try this out too.

Good luck!

Total Gadha
Re: Hi tg/tagny...
by Total Gadha - Thursday, 24 July 2008, 12:43 AM
  Hi Ashish!

Am sorry for the delay in responding to your query.

Now for your query about "inference" based questions. To completely root out the problem from your system, it will require a lot of reading from different sources. Keeping the time constraint as an impediment though, you should begin with solving some inference based questions in "Critical Reasoning" from the 1000 critical reasoning questions that is available as a link in the "download it now" section. This will help you in understanding the basic idea of the questions, albeit from a smaller context.

Next, while solving questions in the inference category from the Critical Reasoning section, make sure that you write each statement in the margin, or scrapbook, simultaneously with each statement/sentence that you read. At the end of reading a particular para, your basket of your own interpretation should be ready. Now, attack the question stem. If it asks you to infer from the whole argument, check your entire basket of interpretation. Then hit the options. whatever comes close to your basket of interpretation HAS to be the answer. If, however, it is an instance specific question, try to look at the basket and figure out in what context the statement appeared. Only then move towards the options. The bottomline- Have your interpretation ready before you move towards the options.

Total Gadha
by Pranita s - Thursday, 24 July 2008, 12:39 PM

Hi TG

Thank you for your very helpful suggestions .but i need help now :

I have worked for 1 year in software company and now i have quit the job for preparion of CAT.I know i have taken some stupid decision but this was the only way left out for my ability to crack CAT .

Next three months i am planning to totally dedicate myself for CAt and other related exams.

I have already been preparing for cat but i have not put much efforts ..now i need little suggestion from you just to boost up my study plans..like what all i should do and shouldnot do ..

Thanks,

by jayesh parmar - Friday, 25 July 2008, 12:25 AM
  Hi, Ganesha

I am not the right person to answer this question but i could not get any answer from any one else so though to share my experience of cat.

Even i am attempting cat this year i too like u have never been able to clear the cutoff and my score were never satisfactory but this year i am seeing better result because of
1, Detail while reading and solving problem.
2, Know your strength and weakness. Its very imp to get a over all good score.
3, Plan your paper before start solving.

That's all i have for you...

Good Luck...
by rajesh Mishra - Saturday, 26 July 2008, 09:10 PM

Hi TG,

The number system book by you is awesome...But Not yet fully covered..

Now TG,I need a suggestion actually guidance from you .Here is my background.Age-28yrs.XII-50%,BE,Others are around70-80%.Workex-3yrs(In an MNC).Last Yr CAT-89%le.This time my mock score-93-96%le.Now Here is the dilema.One- Should i do two yr MBA at this age.Two-Will my weak background create a -ve impact on my PI(In top insti).Bt MBA is my dream and i dont want to lose it.Bt if CAT will nt work out(MY apprehension),then definitely i will try other option to do MBA.Bt right now what is killing me inside is whatever effort i am putting right now,is it worth or not.Eagerly looking for your opinion.

Regards

Rajesh Mishra

by Arun Goel - Tuesday, 29 July 2008, 01:32 AM

Respected Sir,

The article is very informative regarding the subject areas to be covered.

I will be starting my preparations now i.e. august for this year's CAT. Also, I am working in a steel plant(8 hours daily shifts, changes weekly). I want to make it to the IIMs. please, guide me. What time-table should I follow???

Best Regards,

Arun

by rehman ali - Thursday, 31 July 2008, 08:31 PM

i 'd like to know the best something for cat ?

bcoz i hav joined june batch of CL.

by suersh patel - Thursday, 31 July 2008, 08:47 PM

@ TG :

i want ur suggestions regarding workexp+cat ,is it better having workex thn MBA or we should go for mba first and how much WORKEXP.whats the minimum workex most of the good college requires

1+ or 2+,i am working currently in MNC and want to go for postgradution like MBA in systems..so how much workex i should get at this stage i m giving cat this year and i will have total 1 year of Workex,

i am board of my job now as nt too things to learn sad .so in genaral whats your opinion regarding this kind of situtaon.

by tarun chawla - Saturday, 2 August 2008, 12:44 AM
  hi tg,

this is my first posting in the TG forum as i came to know this from my freind yesterday. i have  gone through the Study plan and its is beneficial.
i have a query .... i have started the preparation from today .....

sir what you suggest should i go for 2008 or 2009 CAT ....

Please guide me . Waiting for ur reply desperately.

regards..

TARUN

reply a.s.a.p smile
by Avernus X - Sunday, 3 August 2008, 10:14 PM
  @ TG/Dagny,

Hi, I have taken the CAT a couple of times before (scored around 93%ile) and both times found myself to be lacking in the Quants section.

I haven't done much preparation till now for this year, but am getting above 90%ile in my mocks, am planning on exclusively studying for CAT in the next 3 months (taking a leave of absence from work).

I feel that i am not bridging the gaps between concepts and application. Should i prepare from the basics or shud i solve from the test papers alone??
Pls tell me how to approach the quants section.

Thanx a lot, in advance.
by Gaurav Sharma - Monday, 4 August 2008, 10:16 PM

Hi TG and Danny,

I have given CAT earlier too, but every time the problem area for me has been English. My overall percentile was 97.25, but english was some 85. I am in US right now so can give the Test online only, but can you tell me how should I plan for the the rest of the time till CAT so as to maximize my score. I am planning to write GMAT too, by Mid Sept. Can you please help me with a plan for the rest of the time.

Thanks,Gaurav

by catmatlab billi - Thursday, 7 August 2008, 12:47 AM
  hi TG  ...........
i am going thru ur site for last 4 days...
its just too good.......you just changed my way of preparation right now i am third yr  and i am giving cat 09 ..........plz guide me ......my verbal section is nt good...........which type of planning should i make as right now i have 16 months in my hand......plz guide me
by Anant Mattoo - Friday, 8 August 2008, 12:44 PM

Hi ! TG first of all thanks a ton for your awesome post. Here are a few queries I have

1. I am working in IT industry for 36 months now and want to crack the CAT, is it too late for me too start preparing now if I go by your above mentioned strategy.

2. I am good at English read the newspaper and novels as mentioned in your list. I was equally good at soliving puzzles and reasoning when I was a kid and my basic Mathematics was good. But now that I am trying out some mock tests they have left me quiet disappointing esp when I compare myself to the one who has scored the highest marks. That leaves me quiet dissatisfied with myself and brings me down.

3. I am not practising as many questions as I should, I must admit that , but the results are not showing and actually that takes away my inspiration. Quiet frankly TG, I know I have it in me to crack the CAT but right now am just not able to cross that threshhold , may be I need some brain tuning as well. I was quiet reluctant to post my issues here but then sense prevailed I guess.

I know it may sound more of post from a loser and a person who has already lost the battle but I know I have the passion and will power to be the best in the business.

PS: I had given last CAT as well but that was without prep at all. I have already started the prep this year but yet to get in tune with things.

Any comments?

by Total Gadha - Friday, 8 August 2008, 03:08 PM
  Hi Anant,

My advice to you would be to get started. Rest of the answers will come. Don't judge yourself. Start preparing and start solving problems. Your results will depend only on that.

And no, it's not too late. (I keep on repeating this all the time) smile

Total Gadha
by Ylno Em - Saturday, 9 August 2008, 11:01 PM
  Hi

I am third year B.Tech student at IIT Guwahati.I wanted to know how much CAT coaching helps in your preparation.In JEE, coaching proved to be essential part of preparation,teachers helped explain various fundae and trained us very efficiently.But is that the case with CAT too? I mean CAT though tough ,looks all general stuff(it may be my personal myth,plz point out if I am wrong) from syllabus point of view.Then how does CAT coaching help?
I know there are people who rely on self study and clear both JEE and CAT.But my querry is in general regard.
Here IMS is offering a course.Is it worth joining as a regular student or the correspondence+test series would do?

Reply soon ;)
by ishita biswas - Sunday, 10 August 2008, 01:31 AM

hello tg sir,

This is the first time i am posting to ur site..first i wud like to tell u that i am truly facinated by the way u present the concepts in ur website..I am a software engineer(2008 FRESHER)placed in wipro.I am an mba aspirant and wanted to go for cat only after completing a year at the company..but unfortunately due to the downfall of the software industry my joining will be delayed..Its only now that we have come to know abt it.I have started studying fot cat 2008 only after 27th of july..I have a sound academic background..10th-89% 12th-82.2% btech-89.99%.....i dont have any study material..except arun sharma's titles n of course ur site. .i am really nervous because there's hardly any time left to prepare..and everyone else have almost finished everything..CAN U PLZ HELP ME OUT AT THIS CRUCIAL TIME...by telling me what study plan to follow...I just can asure u that i am dilligent...I knw i may be sounding foolish but u r the only person i can think of approching nw...PLZ REPLY

by Anusheel Srivastava - Monday, 11 August 2008, 03:35 PM

Hi TG sir

my first post and with a lots ov queries .....

1. I dont have a descent education background ...61% in 10th , 78.4% in 12th and just 50 % in graduation [upto 2nd year] ..... Have a certificate as a voulanteer in a local NGO for 3 years, 16 month domestic call centre work ex and 1 year work ex of a freelance content writer for a website .... Can such a poor profile attract any call from IIMs and other good colege ??
  2. In Quants i am finding geometry very challenging ... wat to do ???
  3. I always miss  5-6 easy questions in the mocks i am writing due to time pressure and lack of speed.

Plz help me in the following concerns

Regards

Anusheel

by Total Gadha - Tuesday, 12 August 2008, 03:48 AM
  Hi Ylno,

I coach a lot of IITians here in Delhi. And there has not been a single class in which I have not contributed something to their thought process. Although I would NOT disagree with you if you say that students can crack CAT through self-study, I think that having a good coach streamlines your thinking; especially in topics such as number system, time speed and distance etc. where you haven't spent much time during your school education.

As for joining a particular coaching, first inquire about the trainers over there. If you think about it, material of every coaching is available everywhere. The only reason students join a classroom program is to find a good trainer. Do your research.

Total Gadha
by Total Gadha - Tuesday, 12 August 2008, 03:53 AM
  Hi Ishita,

Right now I suggest that you delay your test-taking, get hold of complete material of some good coaching and start studying. You finish the material within two months and then take 4- 5 tests in October/November. Also, spend a lot of time in TG forums, both quant and verbal, solving problems everyday. Interact with bright minds in our forums and seek help. smile

Good luck!

Total Gadha
by ishita biswas - Tuesday, 12 August 2008, 01:03 PM
  thanx a ton sir...i had already started following ur lessons and attempting the quizzes...thanx again for this brilliant site........
by Ylno Em - Wednesday, 13 August 2008, 01:20 AM
  Thanks for the reply.I guess I have no other option.I'll do that.
by mayur jain - Wednesday, 13 August 2008, 02:55 PM

Hi TG

im new to this site.....  im preparing for cat 2009... plz tell me how should i study...?? i need proper guideline frm whr to start??? plz help me..

by mayur jain - Wednesday, 13 August 2008, 05:41 PM

Dear TG

First of all i want to congratulate you for creating such amazing site for students...

Im new to this site.... resistered to this site 2 weeks ago... i found it really helpful....  i got net connection at my home for this site only.. right now im persuing s.y.bba frm pune university.. my only aim is to crack the CAT 2009 any how and i will work hard for it.. for this i want ur help..

1.Plz tell me frm whr should i start my preparation ???..

2.im goin to join T.I.M.E coaching in pune... in november this year.. i want to ask uu that is it necessary to join a coaching to crack the cat... or whn should i start the coaching??????

3. plz tell the study plan for cat 2009 as im very serious about it.. i dont want to miss any possible way to learn for CAT 2009

AT LAST HATS OFF FOR UR BRILLIANCE... 

PLS DO REP......

by Leonidas S - Sunday, 17 August 2008, 04:25 PM

Hi TG,

I am facing an unusual problem.The problem is that I am consistently scoring good marks in the Verbal Section but scoring moderate or below average marks in the other 2 sections,although I have been maintaining >85% smileaccuracy in the Verbal and Quant Sections.My DI is troubling me a lot.I am just not being able to score between 28-35 in DI and maths sad whereas my Verbal is between 36-48 marks.Can you please help as to where am I going wrong??I need to identify the weak links at the soonest.

Please do help.

Good site
by ajay singh - Monday, 18 August 2008, 06:02 PM

Hi

Tatha Gat  Sir ,

It is very good sites. Tell me one thing where can I get form of CAT 2008 this year ,As date is over from Axis bank and Institute this year . I m preparing for MAT and other MBA exam .

Ajay Singh

Mumbai

by priyanka mandowara - Monday, 18 August 2008, 06:22 PM
  Hi TG,

I had started my preps in july...n m finding messed up wd my preps..not able to plan wht all to do..n wht nt!! I still hav my math fundamentals to revise...n m too weak in my english section...
Can u plzzzz tel me which way to follow to improve my performance...

by anupam parey - Monday, 18 August 2008, 07:34 PM

Hi TG Sir,

Thanks a lot for your advice, actually this post is really helpful for me...smile Could you please upload the copy of Copy Cat -2 and 3, then it would be really beneficial for us ? smile

Thanks in Advance

Anupam

by Total Gadha - Wednesday, 20 August 2008, 09:19 AM
  Hi Leonidus,

If you have a problem in the DI section, take 10 days and finish George Summer's 'Puzzles and Teasers' and last 5 years CAT DI. Solve these two things and you will be more confident in DI.

Total Gadha
by Total Gadha - Wednesday, 20 August 2008, 09:21 AM
  Hi Mayur,

Only one word for you right now- Read. Read, read and read.

Total Gadha
STUDY TECHNIQUE
by raka guha - Wednesday, 20 August 2008, 07:15 PM
  dear Tg sir,
                 I caame across this site few days back through orkut and its like an ocean of knowledge.I highly appreciate your unconventioanl way of dealin with the much hyped entrance CAT.smile my query is that i will be joining TCS end of september so i have plenty of time till then .. during training period of 2 months i wont be able to give much time to CAT and then again once i have stable life i will work hard for it. please suggest me how should i go about my preparation exactly. i want to seriously appear for CAT 2009 and other known mba entrances.please let me know the way.. i am confused!! what to do exactly
thanks
by mayur jain - Wednesday, 20 August 2008, 08:21 PM

Hello TG

Thank u for ur reply... but plz tell me frm whr should i start?????

by jinu kurian - Friday, 22 August 2008, 01:42 PM
  hi tc,
i am happy that i have found a mentor in u.iam preparing for CAT 2009.and iwant 2 crack it at any cost.Now my sole aim is to get int IIM.So i want u to post such articles and previous year CAT papers and G.D. topics.As i am fully dependent on self studt,i hope for ur full cooperation.I hope ur help wikll help me fulfill my dream.
jinu.

Help--Advice Needed
by anu kumar - Friday, 22 August 2008, 07:28 PM
  Hi Sir,

This is my first post in this fantastic forum....

Well iam a working professional and presently not in India.....But i have identified that this job will not satisfy my belly... smile
So planning for CAT 2009.... Could you please guide me if i can do well in CAT if i follow a Correspondence course.... Please let me know which correspondence course is the best...And if i follow it in a disciplined manner , would i be able to crack it..

Hope i will be getting a response from you as i will be waiting 2 hear from you...

Thanks and Regards,
Anup..... one among the thousands of aspirants in total gadha..

Re: Help--Advice Needed
by rashi agarwal - Friday, 22 August 2008, 07:50 PM
  hello sir,i have completed the material provided by Times and career launcher
and have been practising regularly but my score has not improved .infact my sore in DI and verbal never reach beyond 25.
so please advice me to work in proper direction at this point of time. I shall be really obliged.

regards
 rashi
CAT 2008 Preparation- Study Plan now?
by mahima shrimali - Sunday, 24 August 2008, 02:03 PM
  hello team!
i am an engineering student in final year n m writing the CAT 08.
i hav joined coaching for it but m not gettin hw to move forward.
i m not matching up wid the coaching frquency as i feel.
i really liked the vocab section as i hav gone thruogh only dat!!
could you please guide me for the same as there is short time period left.
regards
mahi

by Leonidas S - Sunday, 24 August 2008, 07:19 PM
  Hi TG,

Follwed your advice.Although its not even 10 days results are showing smile.Just a couple of things more.
1)Now that I am able to do almost equally well in all 3 sections the number of attempts is still very less although the accuracy level is fine.What should I do to improve the number of attempts?
2)What should be the approach for the last 2-2.5 months?

Please do help.

Regards
L.S smile

by abhishek kumar - Tuesday, 26 August 2008, 09:41 AM

Hi TG Sir,

I have came across this site, while googling about how to prepare for CAT, and i have just read your simply fantastic article, for preparing for CAT.

But the problem with me is that, I had done my graduation in 2007, and from 2007 to date, I have been working in Software industry, so I didnt got the time to prepare for CAT.

I am going to leave the company 31st august. Therfore I will be able to start preparing for CAT, by sep 1st. I am quite good in VA section, good in DI and very bad in quant. So given this scenario, what do you suggest, how to go about preparing to bell the CAT.

In fact the time table you suggested doesnt actually fit into my scenario.
Looking to hear from you...

by rashi agarwal - Tuesday, 26 August 2008, 07:43 PM
  HELLO,I AM  -08  PASSOUT AND  THE COMPANY IN WHICH I HAVE GOT PLACEMENT HAS POSTPONED THE JOINING BY DECEMBER.SO I HAVE GAINED NOTHING IN THESE MONTHS IN TERM OF EXPERIENCE. WILL IT HAVE A NEGATIVE IMPACT DURING THE INTERVIEW. SHOULD I LOOK FOR A JOB OR WAIT FOR THR JOINING?
PLEASE SIR REPLY.
by arnab das - Wednesday, 27 August 2008, 09:44 AM

Hi TG

I am working with an IT firm for the last 2.3 years.Decided to go 4 CAT 08.Is it too late?I have the books of Arun Sharma and just today I had subscribed for the Copycat(4).

I have started my preperation just 2 weeks back.Can you help me with a time schedule for different sections I sholud devote?

Am appearing 4 CAT 1st time,shold I go 4 any classroom coching(crash course) now?Will it help me?

Neway I want to make it happen..please give me your kind suggestions.

Thanks in advancesmile

by hbk Not joining IIML - Sunday, 31 August 2008, 09:09 PM
  Hi TG, This is the best website that i have found and i found it the very best indeed. keep ur good work going.
You had mentioned that we need to complete ur recommended set of books as an addition to coaching insitute's material. Now i can't afford this classroom coaching business(in terms of time) nor is the closest one worthy of me as a candidate(in terms of its faculty).
I am 3 yr student from IIT Kgp. I may be wrong on this but the quant is only 10th level mathematics as i see. I had got 100 in maths cbse board-04.Is the Quant book of Pradeep Pandey sufficient to gain sufficient confidence of cracking cat-09 or one has to have some coaching material.

/* Plz keep this thread alive */
by Total Gadha - Monday, 1 September 2008, 04:46 PM

Hi Anup,

If you are looking for a correspondence course, it is better that you study on TG.com itself. We upload all the quality material on the site. Not only that, you can visit our forums regularly and find hundreds of questions over there. And you can also find like-minded individuals to keep up your enthusiasm. smile

Total Gadha

by Total Gadha - Monday, 1 September 2008, 04:53 PM

Hi Rashi,

Before you start anything in DI, finish two things:

• Puzzles and teaser by George Summers.
  • Last 5 years CAT DI.

Finish these two things first and then do anything else.

Total Gadha

by Total Gadha - Monday, 1 September 2008, 05:01 PM

Hi Leonidus,

You would not be able to increase your attempts through test-taking only. When you start taking tests, your performance jumps suddenly and then reaches a plateau. If you want to increase your attempts further, you would have to go back to studies and clear more fundas. Try investimg some time in studies during your preparation.

Total Gadha

by Total Gadha - Monday, 1 September 2008, 05:32 PM

Hi Abhishek,

Study on TG; lessons, exercises and everything else. Solve problems in Quant and Verbal forum everyday. The best thing you can do. smile

Total Gadha

by karan miglani - Thursday, 4 September 2008, 10:32 AM

hi TG,

i am karan miglani and i completed my B.Tech this year in eee..i gave cat07 and cleared mdi but i didn't opt for it as i am only aiming for IIMs. last year my percentile was 98.xx and the problem is even this year in mocks my percentile is in range of 96-98.xx but i know i need more for iims. also i am working now so my study time has reduced considerably. i dont know what to do in these final two months so that i can bridge the gap between 98 and 99.xx..what should i do or what schedule should i follow now to increaase my percentile by this vital 1 percentile?

thanks

waiting for your response

by Total Gadha - Thursday, 4 September 2008, 10:49 PM
  Hi Karan,

Study plan
for September- study
for October- take tests

Total Gadha
Re: CAT 2008 Preparation- Study Plan - Improve VA
by Sanchita Majumder - Friday, 5 September 2008, 05:10 PM

Hi TG,

I am a CAT 2008 aspirant. My weaker section is verbal. I am reading books almost 1.5 to 2 hours a day and also working on verbals, still my performance in the Mock tests are BAD sad as a result in every exam my overall percentile goes down to 70-75 only. Till date I could never clear the verbal cut off sad I do well in sentence correction and parajumbling only but badly mess-up RC and other questions resulting poor marks. Please do advice what else should I do to improve my verbal in this short span before Nov'08. (Currently I am reading Wren and Martin grammar book)

by Total Gadha - Friday, 5 September 2008, 10:42 PM
  Hi Sanchita,

See if this helps you in your RC:
http://totalgadha.com/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=120

Total Gadha
by engineer adarsh - Saturday, 6 September 2008, 08:15 AM

Hi TG,i started my prep jus one week before.i took two test papers of ims.simcat6 &7. nine more to go.i dint even cleared my cutoffs.i am upset.is it fine to prepare in the simcat oriented way or the total gadha way? ie,september fundamentals& october test taking.i am average in quant.verbal&RC are of half chance.i am capable of workin 10 hrs a day.is it sufficient enough?ur notes&illustrtions r really good.please give advices.i am worried......

by tarun chawla - Saturday, 6 September 2008, 10:10 PM
  hi tg,

this is my first posting in the TG forum as i came to know this from my freind yesterday. i have  gone through the Study plan and its is beneficial.
i have a query .... i have started the preparation from today .....

sir what you suggest should i go for 2008 or 2009 CAT ....

Please guide me . Waiting for ur reply desperately.

regards..

TARUN

reply a.s.a.p smile
by Total Gadha - Sunday, 7 September 2008, 01:01 AM
  Hi Tarun,

If you have bought the CAT 2008 form, ofcourse CAT 2008, if you haven't (and it's too late now as the forms are not available) then CAT 2009. smile

Total Gadha
by Leonidas S - Sunday, 7 September 2008, 08:45 AM
  Hi TG,

Thanks for the advice .I have gone back to the basics and have found that my attempts(in maths particularly) are gradually increasing smile.

In the VA section(my strongest section) I am concentrating only on RC and jumbled paragraphs and getting good returns.Is that ok?Should I now venture towards the others parts of VA?

As DI is my weakest section should I go for it at the last?What should be my objective in this section as it is my weakest section(till date)?

Regards
L.Ssmile

by Total Gadha - Sunday, 7 September 2008, 11:07 AM
  Hi Leonidus,

Try to achieve 90+ accuracy in RC and parajumbles. Rest will follow. For DI, I again repeat, finish these two things first:
  • Puzzles and Teasers by Geoge Summers
  • Last 5 years CAT DI
Good luck!

Total Gadha
by Leonidas S - Sunday, 7 September 2008, 09:40 PM
  Hi TG,

Will do as suggested.I think I also had developed a mental block in DI and maths as am not able to perform upto the mark in the mocks.My morale is taking a hit given the limited time(more limited by the fact that I am working).As a result  I am missing the sitters and getting panicky and restless.

Any suggestions?

Regards
L.Ssmile
by Huma Siddiqui - Monday, 8 September 2008, 01:23 AM

Hi,

I just paid for the Mock CAT on sept 3rd through PayPal and I'd like to write the Mock CAT online. Will I be receiving a username/password? I havent been able to log in with my current username...am I missing a point? How do I log in?

by Robin Jain - Wednesday, 10 September 2008, 01:09 PM

Hi TG and Daggney,

I am Robin Jain from Jabalpur. I am currently in B.Com Final Year. I want to take drop for my CAT preparation after completing my B.Com so that I completely devote my time for CAT preparation. I want to join TIME(Secundrabad), which is the Head Office of TIME.

Am I in the right way? Please reply.......I am waiting..........

by Total Gadha - Wednesday, 10 September 2008, 09:22 PM
  Hi Huma,

We usually process all the new copycat joiners on Saturday. You will get your user name/password on 13th. smile

Total Gadha
by Total Gadha - Wednesday, 10 September 2008, 09:24 PM
  Hi Robin,

Join whichever coaching you want to but do NOT take a drop. Take up a good job and then work towards your MBA.

Total Gadha
by Huma Siddiqui - Wednesday, 10 September 2008, 11:34 PM
  Thankx a bunch TG!
by Robin Jain - Thursday, 11 September 2008, 08:29 AM

Hi,

First of all thanks for Replying me.smile

You mean to say that I must do a Job in Secundrabad with my CAT preparation ?

By the way I am currently working with Career Launcher as a Office Secretary and Marketing Executive.

I have planned to devote my full time for CAT preparation in Secundrabad because I want no stones unturned in my way to IIM's.

Is it really necessary to do job with my CAT preparation in Secundrabad ?

Please guide me.........I am Confused...........

Robin

by sunil garg - Monday, 15 September 2008, 10:37 AM

hi TG sir

my dream exam is just few days away and i am doing badly in simcats.

my preparation is good but not able to doing good at exams

sometimes verbal,sometimes RC sometimes quant ...aways scares me....sometimes i feel confident( mera nahi hoga to kiska hoga i m really putting efforts from last two years)..... sometime very low ( nahi hoga yaar cat MBA sapna hi reh jayega)..........what to do sir ??? what should be our approach at this point of time ..what to prepare?...please help !!!!

this time it is "now or never" for me. i really wanna to spend two years at some good B school.

regards

sunil garg ( the difference between this year CAT preparation and last year preparation is TG.......believe me)

by nirupama nirupama - Monday, 15 September 2008, 12:19 PM
  Hi all

I find it difficult in solving the time related problems.Can anybody help me in solving such problems and giving me some trick or theory
by Total Gadha - Monday, 15 September 2008, 04:53 PM
  Hi Sunil,

Take some or all of these steps:

• Form a study group and start studying in with the group for at least three times in a week.
  • Solve last 5 years CAT papers in test-taking conditions.
  • Take out all the mocks that you have taken so far, circle all the questions you cannot remember the method to solve or the question you haven't solved and then solve them completely.
  • Go back to your studies and clear some more fundas in areas that you are not confident in.
  • Take part in TG forums and interact with your fellow CAT aspirants.

I am sure this will help you gain that elusive winning streak required. smile

Total Gadha
by sunil garg - Monday, 15 September 2008, 05:20 PM

thanx a ton sir

i will try my best to follow what you have said !

regards

Sunil Garg

by Pranav Bhalla - Monday, 15 September 2008, 11:21 PM
  Hi TG,
        I had started my preparation in July and have given 7 Mock CATs. My % ile has been lingering around 80..maximum going 89 just once..the problem is that over this period of time, my QA %ile has gone up.. but EURC is going down..my attempts are sufficient..but accuracy is always around 50%.. I have been practising each section for an hour at home everyday.. and may soon run out of material(last yr's course) anytime now..also I feel that the difficulty level in mocks is higher than that of the material I have.. could you please recommend a study plan for these last 60 days.. and if TG offers any crash course or some high difficulty material for these last days..and can I still avail the tg mock cats and do them at home and analyse the solutions online..? I have around 6 hours reserved eveyrday for prep..and am gulping down Hindu and epw edits..but with no success in mocks..

eagerly waiting reply..
thnk u..
by Robin Jain - Tuesday, 16 September 2008, 07:34 AM

Hi,

First of all thanks for Replying me.smile

You mean to say that I must do a Job in Secundrabad with my CAT preparation ?

By the way I am currently working with Career Launcher as a Office Secretary and Marketing Executive.

I have planned to devote my full time for CAT preparation in Secundrabad because I want no stones unturned in my way to IIM's.

Is it really necessary to do job with my CAT preparation in Secundrabad ?

Please guide me.........I am Confused...........

Robin

by Leonidas S - Saturday, 20 September 2008, 08:35 PM
  Hi Tg,

I am facing a problem while attempting the quizzes on this site.When I am working in a particular page everything is OK.No sooner I re-visit the page that I was working upon than I find that the answers have been unmarked.Even if I mark a wrong answer before, I find that I get full marks for it rather than the mark minus the penalties for the wrong answer.(Not that I complain evilWish it happened in catevil.But seriously I want an honest evaluation)

Kindly look into the matter.It is taking up a lot of time.

On a different note,your suggestion for DI and maths is working.smile Awaiting your advice on the mode of preparation  for these last two months.

Regards
L.Ssmile
by s s - Wednesday, 24 September 2008, 06:55 PM
  Hi TG,
This is a great article and a very helpful site for MBA aspirants.
I am a working software professional and am looking forward to doing an executive MBA, plz guide me for that. I didnt know where else to put this query so I am writing here. Lemme know if there is any other forum for it.

Thanks
Andrea
by Satyendra Pandey - Thursday, 25 September 2008, 08:26 PM

Hi TG,

Thanks for this useful article.

Before i ask you question, here is my breif background.

Work Ex - I am 26 yrs Old with 5 yrs of work Ex. Working as Asst Manager (Team Lead Analytics) in a reputed firm. 

My Acads - Grad - HM 58% , 12 - 72 % (science - though I know it doesnt matter) 10th - 66%

This will be my first and last attempt for CAT ( as will be forced to get married in next year if I dont clear) . My preparation is just like my acads sad  , in short - Pathetic. With every day passing by I am getting nervous.

Can you please answer my two questions - 

1)  With my back ground (considering I study well from now) which should be least college that I should join ?  will SP jain dubai or IMI 1 year exec be okay ?

2)  I have heard a lot about MHROD or GBO from DU do you think I should try that as well ?

Thanks in advance!

Satya

by anuj mishra - Friday, 26 September 2008, 12:16 PM
  hii sir ,
 i'm final yr b.tech student completing in may-09 ...
i want to join TG classes 4 CAT_09 ...Is there ny course after may-09..????
is there ny facility of accomodation there???
how shud i start preparing 4 CAT-09???
by Satyendra Pandey - Friday, 26 September 2008, 07:44 PM

Hi TG,

I am waiting for your answer sad ....

My friends say these college will not be able to suffies my need. Please help!

Regards,

Satya

by anshul kandpal - Wednesday, 1 October 2008, 04:24 PM

dear tg sir.

id like to know the titles of some great books for doing in depth mathematics.u named afew in ur article.pls give me a topic wise list.i am lookin forward to doing some solid quant .

thanx

by anshul kandpal - Wednesday, 1 October 2008, 04:31 PM

dear tg sir

pls send me a complete list of books for quant(topic wise)

u hav mentioned some in ur article.pls giv me a topic wise list.i want to go through them before jumping to the study material.is this a good idea?

thanx

by Jubin Titus - Saturday, 4 October 2008, 12:49 AM
  Hi TG,
I am blown over by the enthusiasm with which you treat and respond to each query posted in TG forums.Congrats on that.
My queries are - With 40 days(only)sad to go for CAT, what major changes should I be do in my preparation.I am solving and analysing three mockcat papers every week since the last 3 weeks and should I work on and strengthen the topics in which I have yet to gain complete confidence(only certain areas in Quant like Geometry,P&C).My mockcat %iles are in the 70 to 97 with considerable improvement each time.
Secondly how different should I prepare in the month of November, more importantly the last few days. Should I be prepare different at all or continue what I am doing right now. Any special 'Don't do's'?
Lastly, I need to escape pressure from office in the last month when I rejoin after on Nov 1st after my current leave . Any tips on possible 'erratic behaviors'smile,which I can show to my boss for reporting late and going early?

Thanks,
Jubin

by Shashank Sharma - Sunday, 5 October 2008, 09:15 AM
  Hi TG...

Now just 42 days are left for CAT...I am doing decent in English & Quant but till now i am lacking in DI...Pls suggest me something so that i can improve upon that...

Moreover i am taking mocks and the scores are being variable and not within a fixed range...If i am scoring on avg 70-75 %tile in mocks and clearing one of the 3 sections then what should be my strategy as of now keeping in mind DI being my weakest and now i have also started developing a phobia with DI...

Pls Help
Thanks
Shashank Sharma
by Dagny Taggart - Sunday, 5 October 2008, 12:19 PM
  Hi Shashank and Jubin,

You can read this-http://totalgadha.com/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=3931
by Dagny Taggart - Sunday, 5 October 2008, 12:24 PM
  Hi Satyendra,

You can look at any executive programme. Your workexe will work in your favour. YOu can look at SP Jain Mumbai, IMI, MDI, IMT etc.

Dagny
by Satyendra Pandey - Tuesday, 7 October 2008, 08:01 PM

Thanks Dagny!

cool ... Will try my best and post my success story soon !!!

Satya

what are the chances for a doctor in mba?
by dr. kunjan detroja - Saturday, 11 October 2008, 12:13 PM
  hi tg & dangy, first of all thanks for providing guidance for cat preparation. my Q is
i am a intern doctor right now. but according to me i have always been interested in technology, maths and logic etc... and i had been very good in maths in 12th .i love maths .now i want to know that how it is good to make carrier in mba. it is just a opposite of mbbs. the only course i know related with mbbs is hospital management.
is it possible to do mba in other sector????
can u provide me email of any dr who is doing mba in any iim???
what strategy I should have?
i have already started preparing for basic maths and also trying to improve my verbal section.

i will finish my study in march 2009 so if i give cat in 2009 i have more then i year for preparattion. so how i should distribute my time???

thnking u

by Soundarya R - Saturday, 11 October 2008, 03:06 PM
  Hi...I just joined this site. I feel really bad as I missed out on such a great site all these days.I am a final year student in Commerce giving CAT this year.
My Quant is very very bad. I am able to understand the topics but not able to solve the problems on my own.Since I am not able to solve I am getting demotivated to do maths.I am yet to cover many quant topics. My DI is also not very good. It is only in English that I manage to clear cut offs and do well.
With jus 4 weeks to CAT please tell me if I can manage and if I still have the time to learn Quant and crack my CAT...please help me..
by samraat singh - Monday, 13 October 2008, 05:26 PM

hi this is samraat from jalandhar(punjab)...i have done bsc in june 2008.. next i want to pursue my career as an mba so therefore i have cleared various state level entrance test...bt finally i refused to get adm in b schools in punjab...now i want to crack cat..its final to me nd now its become my passion....i have nt filled cat 2008 form bcoz i know i need more time to tackle cat..rite now i am doing pgdbm(1 year duration) in order to save my one year..recently i get an appointment letter from idp(ielts australia) as an administrator at pay scale 1.6 nearly...now i am confused that whether i shud go for job or coaching classes....??if i will go for job then i will nt get sufficient time for cat 2009..i will get approx 2-3 hours approx daily....wat shud i do??????plzzz help me>>>>

by Roshan Kumar - Tuesday, 14 October 2008, 05:25 PM

Hi 2 all TG users,

I wanted 2 Know that how should i make my preparation schedule for SNAP 2008 from today.

I have very good command on DI and LR, but my English is little bit shaky.

SO PLZ TELL MEEEEEE

by jasdeep singh - Thursday, 16 October 2008, 03:11 PM

hi sam,

don't be so panic. Go and join IDP but not forget about MBA. you have also one option of doing MBA from LPU,PTU etc.These are best B school.

OR

YOU can get job after doing PGDMM from khalsa clg,jld.

jasdeep singh

by sub zero - Thursday, 13 November 2008, 10:29 PM
  Sir,immaterial of me landing into the IIMs,after watching the video you had pasted in the forum for motivation,i begin to doubt if i'd be competent enough in an environ replete with intellectual 'gods'.Can you throw more light on this issue as its been a bother for quite some time now..
by Jitu Krishna Pradhan - Sunday, 16 November 2008, 03:22 PM

hi TG,

This is really a good study plan

i m planning to do it right now

than QQQQQQQ

by hbk Not joining IIML - Thursday, 20 November 2008, 09:37 PM
  HI Tg.
 First of all thanks for this amazing site, you guys must be working really hard to manage all that you are doing. The very first time i saw ur site I decided that no coaching institute is required as long as TG is there. Really this site is the only thing that gave me confidence to think that I can make into mba institutes (atleast IIMs). Please keep the good work onn atleast till nov 2009.
I am completely dependent on TG and Dagny for my guidance and preparation. I'll try my level best to follow whatever is recommended by you people As it is.

My books are all ready.
Geometry 8,9,10th class texts
Hall and night
Quant Pandey
Wren and martin
Collins dictionary of phrasal verbs
Norman willis
George Summers
economist articles & correspondence material.

however i have one problem. I cant read a single novel, I didn't even bother to look at the list. However i'm gonna make sure that i read a lot by reading journals and other interesting stuffs.

Actually there is another problem is also. I dont know what to read in a newspapers apart form editorial. I generally see news online only. Plz guide.

Let me know if i need to do anything else in me pre-preparation

This topic need updates based on question paper of CAT-2008.
I'm planning to start my preparation from Dec. I'll not be able to study everyday but will try to give considerable time in the weekends.

Thank You Very Much.
by neha bags - Friday, 28 November 2008, 12:50 PM

hi tg

i am doin my first year bba, i had taken up science in my 11th and 12 th ..will that create a problem for me getting into IIM and can i start my preps for CAT this year...waiting for your reply

thank you,

nb

by shivam mehra - Tuesday, 3 February 2009, 10:58 PM
  hi
i just wanted to know
:

1.   is there any good English
book for cat,in which grammar rules are well compiled with examples.

2. i just had glimpse at edgar thorpe (pearson publication)..i need ur comments on that...

3. i have seen the fms paper few days back..the vocab part was a total OHT(over head transmission),though i m doing norman lewis religiously,still i cud not attempt much,so plz suggest a vocab buk just like norman lewis,which cud give me more edge

waiting
pura gadha : shivam

by divya chaudhary - Tuesday, 10 February 2009, 05:13 PM
  hi..thanks for your guidance.I am a student of b-tech,6th semester. i am planning to start preparation for CAT now.Please tell me how much important it is to join a coaching institute for preparation besides personal hard work?
by sumit jaiswal - Sunday, 15 February 2009, 10:19 AM
  HI...i recently joined tg and read this article and feel prety gd bt though i hv an confusion.acc i gve cat in 2008 got 84 percentile.done prety well in quant&di section bt nt performed well in english section so hw shuld i carry my prepration frm nw.plese help me??????????
by Manohar Karanam - Sunday, 8 March 2009, 10:53 PM

Hi TG,

I have joined here just 2day, and I think i can now jot down the best ppn plan i could ever get!

Thanks a lot for the detailed analysis of the cat papers.

All I have to say is . Keep rocking.....

MBA institute make Managers, Leaders or Both?
by sachin kulkarni - Wednesday, 11 March 2009, 11:41 PM
  Hi TG and Dangy.
Can you please through light on the question
MBA institute make Managers,Leaders or Both?
Study Schedule for CAT 09
by deepu george - Saturday, 11 April 2009, 11:29 PM

Hi TG & Daggny,

First of all let me wish you a happy married life.......

Could you please furnish an ideal schedule to be followed for CAT preperation. After following a random study pattern, I struggled in CAT 08 & would prefer to study religiously this time.

Awaiting a prompt response from your end.

Dips

Re: CAT 2009 Preparation- Study Plan
by dindo saha - Tuesday, 2 June 2009, 02:41 PM
  hi dagny,
thanks for giving such ideas.brilliant but may be not good enough for me.i am weak in logic pls help
by raeesa bedi - Tuesday, 23 June 2009, 02:35 AM
  hi

im a fresher out here n needed a list of all d books for cat preparatn

thanks

smile smile
by twinkle t - Wednesday, 1 July 2009, 05:26 PM
  hello sir,
I have certain doubts regarding the work experience...Im a B.E graduate with an overall % of 73(E.C.E , 2008 pass out)...was placed in an MNC(satyam computers) my date of joining has been delayed and i believe tht they are not going to call us..there will be a one year gap..will this affect my admission...please advise me on how to proceed further... sad
study plan..
by jayant gupta - Sunday, 26 July 2009, 11:09 PM
  Respected TG sir,
This is jayant gupta..Sir, i have heard about you from many of my frens...sir, i want to ask u tat can i crack cat?although,my english is not good so my confidence level is also very low..so due to that there is a fear tat i might not clear the CAT xam..my maths is also okay but how can i raise my level to achieve a good score in quant and DI?besides this hw can i increase my speed?iam an average student right from my childhood days,so dere is a constant fear in my mind that i may not be able to make it to a good B-school..sir,pls help me out...thanks...

by karthik kallakuri - Tuesday, 29 December 2009, 11:24 AM

Hello TG sir,

You have suggested

"General Math- Quantitative Aptitude for CAT by Pradeep Pandey. A good quant book.".

I would like to know, whether "Quantative Apptitude by R.S.Agarwal" is a good replacement for this?

I am preparing for CAT 2010.

Thanks and Regards,

Karthik

by Antony Naveen - Thursday, 4 March 2010, 12:21 AM
  Hi TG,

Thanks a lot for this post.
by Malkesh Adesra - Saturday, 6 March 2010, 12:51 AM
  A good article, insightful analysis. Tips are timeless. Can I request you to get us similar analysis of recent years ( if not the exact digits, just the trend) ?

TG.com is going to be my prime focus for preparation, and I am very hopeful about this association.

Thanks,
Malkesh
by aritreyee chaudhuri - Sunday, 7 March 2010, 02:00 PM

very optimistic article! makes the present situation seem brighter..thanks for this one smile

I tried locating the 'test-taking techniques and post test analysis' article that u had mentioned u would be posting. But could not find it. Is there an rticle on the similar lines, somewhere in the forums? if yes, could you please send me the link for it?

by Aspirend Achieve - Tuesday, 4 May 2010, 12:54 PM

Hi TG and Dagnay Mam,

Thanks for your articles....They are extremely useful...

Thanks a lot for all the pains u are taking to prepare these articles..smile

by SURABHI KHER - Wednesday, 14 July 2010, 02:14 PM
  Hello sir!!
i am CAT aspirant 2010
i hav started mi CAT coachng 2mnths bck n at coach. dey r done wid d basics but i m still not comfortable studyng 4 CAT... M confused how 2 start studyng n frm whr shud i start... m vry weak at MATHS n its boring 4 me ... n i suppose ENGLISH as mi strong point...
need your help...
can u please suggest me some studyng pattern
waiting 4 d reply....
Thank you
by amrita nema - Monday, 20 December 2010, 06:34 PM

hi tg, before i tell u my problem,here is my brief background.I m avg in studies bt can do well in exams as i no i hav grey matters,My acads:10th74%,12th73%, n my grads in bsc biotech75%,work experience nil.I hav completed my grad in aug 2009 n after tht i hav joined pt institute n took 1yr drop n gave cat 2009 bt d time was very less so i couldnt make it,then i hav decided to take 1 more drop n just nw gave cat 2010 bt i no i wont clear it as i hav attempted...very few questions n the thing is i no i want only IIMs till d time i giv my 100 percent,bt my parents wont allow me to take one more year drop.they'll kill me if i'll ask,bt i was thinkin wt if i prepare fr cat after takin admissions in any other coll n then try fr it as i m only 22 bt one more problem is der tht if smehw managed to score 99+ in cat n do well in gd n pi bt as i dnt hav experience plus der ll be gap in studies due to 3yr drops so am i still able to get admissions in iims or nt?

plzzzzzz help me ,suggest me wt shd i do.i m totally blank

waitin fr ur reply!!!!!!!

plz do reply..

by tauras 19 - Sunday, 26 June 2011, 02:50 AM
  plz tell me when to join a coaching institute ,i am in 5th sem of engineering
by mehdi ali - Friday, 2 September 2011, 09:51 PM
  hi tg
im pursuing engg n im havin 2 year gap in my BE degree...will this effect my chances of gettin into iim even if i get required percentile in cat...i really want to know this so i can start preparing for cat..
by priyanka j - Saturday, 10 September 2011, 09:50 AM

Hello Daggny mam & TG Sir smile

Both of u is doing a fantastic job. Your lesson are fabulous, contains everything but described in an easy way. A BIG thank for all these articles.

Like every person who is preparing for CAT, I do have some queries:

I have started my preparation from July only, I used to study for 3-4 hrs & now from September I am studying for around 8-9 hrs. Not taking any coaching. Till now I have done the basics of Arithmetic, Algebra, P&C. From last some days I am also doing Quant lessons provided by TG Sir, they are AMAZING. In DI I have done only10 exercises from CL material.In verbal I am trying to mug up root words, Study newspaper daily, especially the Editorial & Business page.

1-Is it possible for me to crack CAT as not much time is left now. As my English is not very good or say as per CAT level it’s poor. My Quant & DI are good but don’t know up to the mark for CAT level or not.

2-I have read your articles, reading novels definitely help in long term. In my case what is advisable to do for verbal section.

3-As u said nothing is enough if u wants to stand out of 3 lac students. Very well agree, m ready to word hard, will study for 12hrs. But I think m lacking d proper guidance. So help me out.

4-I am not asking for any shortcut just guide me how well I can utilize these last 2 months. Being practical m aiming for 90 percentile. Is it possible? sad

5-CAT has changed, but is this has made effect on no.of ques used to come from each topic in quant.

Please provide us also the study plan. It will be very helpful. smile

Thanks smile

by ambrish pandey - Wednesday, 14 September 2011, 09:53 PM
  hello admin.
I am new to this community.
Very much interested to give cat in the year 2012,but not able to join any coaching institute due to some circumstances.
I am able to join correspondence course and test series of any coaching.
so please guide me to prepare for the exam without joining any institute.

thanks in advance.