New Batches at TathaGat Delhi & Noida!               Directions to CP centre
T. A. Pai Management Institute (TAPMI)
by Dagny Taggart - Monday, 10 March 2008, 12:16 PM

cat 2008 cat 2009 TAPMI mba 2008 xat 2009TAPMI is one of the top ranking institutes in India and known for its strong academic credentials and reputation. The institute has been recognized well by established and reputed business and industrial houses in India. Over the years, the institute has earned a name for its Post Graduate Programme in Management (equivalent to MBA) and the quality of talent it has developed among the students.

Name: T. A. Pai Management Institute
Director- Prof. D. Nagabrahmam
Email: director@mail.tapmi.org
Address: T. A. Pai Management Institute, Manipal - 576 104, Karnataka, India
Phone: 91 820 2571358, 2573162, 2573163
Tele Fax: 91 820 2570699, 2570622

Programmes:

Post Graduate Diploma in Management

Eligibility Criteria:

A three-year (10+2+3) University Degree in any discipline, recognised by the AIU as eligible for Post Graduation, with not less than 50% overall aggregate marks. This applies to also those with professional qualifications like Chartered Accountancy, Cost Accounting and Company Secretary. Candidates appearing for final year degree examination may also apply.

Expenses:

The Academic Fee payable by admitted students for the 2-year PGDM programme will be Rs. 3,95,000/- exclusive of Textbook Fee of approx. Rs. 18,000/-. Hostel Fee will be approximately Rs. 90,000/- for the two-year period. Monthly Food Bill will be approximately Rs. 1,500/-.

Test Accepted: CAT and GMAT

Institute Facts (Infra, Activities etc.)

TAPMI is located in Manipal, an international university town having more than 15000 students from across the globe pursuing education in Medicine, Engineering, Pharmacy, Information Technology, Journalism and Management. The ambience at Manipal is vibrant, cosmopolitan and intellectually stimulating.

The library is housed in a spacious section of 6,000 sq. ft. with a seating capacity for over 100 users at a time. It has a rich collection of about 28,830 well-chosen books on all functional areas of management and related subjects.

In line with its mission to provide a holistic approach to management education, TAPMI also has a fully equipped, modern gymnasium on campus. This gymnasium, installed in April 2001, has both cardiovascular and muscles building equipment.

cat TAPMI

TAPMI believes in use of Information Technology in all spheres of its activities in line with current trends specific to industry requirements. Students are exposed to greater use of IT in learning. To facilitate this, TAPMI has an excellent infrastructure with the latest hardware, software and communication facilities. About 200 Computers including 39 installed at the hostels with LAN connection, provide continuous access to knowledge and information.

TAPMI is one of the five institutes recognised by AICTE as Nodal Centres for Faculty Development Programmes (Quality Improvement Programmes)

TAPMI is recognised as a Research Centre for Doctoral Programmes in Management by Karnatak University, Dharwar and Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE, a Deemed University)

At TAPMI, students are encouraged and facilitated to develop and demonstrate their creativity, innovation and entrepreneurial character in several co-curricular activities. The seed of entrepreneurship is sown during their stay in the campus. The required competencies for an entrepreneurial personality, such as risk-taking, ability to "see the big picture", and assumption of responsibility and accountability, are developed.

Events

Speed, an inter-section sports event at TAPMI
Homecoming
Industry Interface Day
Brandscan- The annual market research programme
Atharva- Annual Inter B-school Fest at TAPMI
Tattva- Alumni Achievement Award Contest  

Re: T. A. Pai Management Institute (TAPMI)
by Dagny Taggart - Monday, 10 March 2008, 12:38 PM
  Hi All,

Please find the interview questions and GD topics in the file.

Dagny
by Gargi Bhatt - Wednesday, 12 March 2008, 12:41 PM
  Thank you Maam ;) hehe
by Rishi Kapoor - Saturday, 15 March 2008, 07:13 PM

Dagny Mam,

The fee structure of TAPMI has changed as it is moving to new campus!

Tution Fee- 6.57 lacs

Hostel Fee- 1.1 lacs

The total fees of 7,67,000/- + mess charges makes TAPMI very expensive to study in. I have dropped the plan to take admission there, if I get it!

...RK...

by Dagny Taggart - Saturday, 15 March 2008, 08:15 PM
  Thanks for the update Rishi. Are you done with all your interviews? I haven't seen any of your experiences on the site.

Dagny
by Amit Prabhu - Wednesday, 19 March 2008, 10:47 AM

What was the percentile cut off (cat 2007 score)? I mean for  getting GD/PI calls from tapmi?

by Satrajit Chakraborty - Monday, 24 March 2008, 09:25 PM

Difficult to assume, but from my experiences in GD/PI, I believe it was around 87-88 percentilesmile

by sowm k - Tuesday, 25 November 2008, 07:40 PM

I have posted this query earlier but i think it was in the wrong forum...sorry about that anyways i was just thinking of apllying to TAPMI, BIMTECH and IFMR (do i apply for welingkar as well?) ...accrording to time my scores and expected percentiles are:

QA-2(30%ile), DI-43(98%ile), VA-24(73%ile)-overall 82-85%ile

i was wondering what chances i have at getting gd calls for these institutes...thanks a lot

by somarani patnaik - Thursday, 3 December 2009, 07:27 PM
  hello sir
i m done wid my cat on 1st dec.i want to apply for TAPMI,I would like to know what was last year's cat percentile to get a call from TAPMI.the last dt is 10th dec.so please try to reply me soon