New Batches at TathaGat Delhi & Noida!               Directions to CP centre
Columbia Business School
by Dagny Taggart - Tuesday, 15 May 2007, 08:12 PM
  Like most leading MBA programs, Columbia Business School offers dual degree programs through which students earn another degree concurrently with their MBA (e.g., Master’s in International and Public Affairs, Master’s in Social Services). Applicants are required to apply to and receive admission to both programs and may apply to both programs simultaneously or to the second program if they are less than halfway through their studies at the first school. Students in a dual degree program at Columbia register at one school per term and may take courses in either program in each term, as long as they meet each school’s course, residence and sequencing requirements. CBS recommends that candidates complete the first two terms of the MBA program consecutively to maintain the integrity and full benefits of the first-year core curriculum and cluster system.

columbia business school gmat mba

So how good is Columbia Business School? You can ask Warren Buffett, an alumnus of CBS, CEO of Berkshire Hathaway and 2nd richest man in the world.
                                                                                                  columbia business schoool CBS gmat mba
Re: Columbia Business School
by srihari sankararaman - Thursday, 19 February 2009, 05:17 AM

Hi Dagny,

I am a chemical engineer and have been working for Capgemini's Financial consulting services for a year now. I am planning to move back to a chemical industry to follow my passion. 

I want to do an MBA because i think i can be very good at management. I wanted to know your opinion on engineers's going for an MBA. I want to know the additional scope and value they achieve by doing an MBA.  

I see most people from a B school going into services sector and very less(avg 7%) into manufacturing. Is this true even for the admitted students? I am really confused whether to continue with Capgemini or move to chemical manufacturing. Your reply would be greatly appreciated.

by Dagny Taggart - Saturday, 21 February 2009, 02:07 PM
  Hi Srihari,

First, I would like you to figure out strong reasons about doing an MBA. Just because you think that you would be good at management is not a very convincing reason to go for an MBA. Read this post on "Why MBA"- http://www.totalgadha.com/gmat/2009/01/see-how-easily-you-can-answer-the-why-mba-question/

Two things that I'd like to bring forward.

1. It is important that you score high in GMAT because you would be competing against Indians themselves. Statistics have shown that Indians are high scorers in GMAT so, 700+ should be the target.

2. Since you don't have cliched  Indian + Male + techie profile, you would have an edge. The only thing that you would have to work hard upon is to bring forward clear and well constructed reasons for doing an MBA.

As far as choice between picking up the different jobs is concerned,  I'd suggest that you weigh all the pros and cons before picking up anything. Personally I have always believed in following the passions, rest you know what is best for you. smile

Dagny
by Amaresh Prakash - Friday, 27 February 2009, 06:15 PM

Hii

HOw's  iifm bhopal & NPTI ??