New Batches at TathaGat Delhi & Noida!
Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
by Dagny Taggart - Saturday, 12 May 2007, 08:47 PM
  The Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University was founded in 1908 and today it can boast about being a global leader in graduate business education. Its staff and student body comes from around 60 nations across the world. Nearly one third of the students in Kellogg every year come from outside US. 38% of accepted students at Kellogg are married or accompanied by a partner. Besides studies, the management school promotes approximately 70 student clubs, which facilitate involvement and opportunities to further develop leadership skills. Besides diversity of students and world class business education, the school can also brag about Northwestern University Library, one of the largest university libraries in the United States. Last but not the least, the Kellogg School’s Full-Time MBA program has been ranked number one business program in the United States by Business Week a record five times since the biennial survey began in 1988.

kellogg school of management northwestern university gmat

One of the most popular electives at Kellogg School of Management is the Global Initiatives in Management courses. More than 60% of Kellogg students enroll in these courses every year. Each class section chooses a country of focus and individual students choose target industries or economic sectors to study. Recent courses have focused on countries on six continents, with students studying industries ranging from e-commerce and pharmaceuticals to ecotourism and microenterprise. The class then works with a faculty advisor to plan the 10-week curriculum, invite relevant guest speakers from the country and from campus, and organize an intensive 2-week study trip to the country at the end of the quarter. During the study trip, students meet with business and government leaders, conduct research on their target industry in preparation for a final presentation, meet Kellogg alumni in the region, and are immersed the local language and culture. Kellogg views the program as a cornerstone in its efforts to build students’ awareness of the global business environment.
                                                                                                         kellogg school of management northwestern university gmat
Re: Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
by N P - Saturday, 11 September 2010, 11:05 AM
  Sorry for posting a personal question

Dagny, need your help for choosing which colleges to go for?...

I got a score of 740 in GMAT two days back... have a experience of 2 years in Risk Management of a big construction multinational in India...1 more year of experience by the time I join...

Average extra-curriculars and an above average marks in Engineering from Mumbai...

Aimimg to get into the field of consulting or project finance management..

which colleges should I aim for?

NYU Stern, Dartmouth tuck and MIT sloan is already on the list, which others are good...pls help..

Re: Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
by Vikram Shah - Tuesday, 21 September 2010, 10:19 PM

Hi Dagny,

I am going to appear for GMAT on 24th, I am going to send my scores to ISB & IIMA,however, I am not sure which other schools should I consider abroad, since the cost has been a major concern area for me... I do like the courses in INSEAD and UCLA, Anderson school of business though... Please advice..

My profile:

Academics: BE-Mech.. average scores

Work Exp: 9 years in manufacturing and Mangement with major OEMs in India and abroad.

Thanks,

Vikram