New Batches at TathaGat Delhi & Noida!               Directions to CP centre
MIT Sloan School of Management
by Dagny Taggart - Tuesday, 8 May 2007, 07:54 PM

For all you wannabe ‘Sloanies’, do you know that MIT Sloan places so much emphasis on academic rigor that its first semester, also known as the core, is the hardest of all semesters by design? Unlike many business schools, MIT Sloan does not offer an Executive MBA program or a part-time MBA program. MIT Sloan has approximately 350 MBA students per class (including approximately 50 Leaders for Manufacturing students) for a total of about 700 students. In a typical MIT Sloan class, about 85 percent of students plan to use their degree to change careers. Over 1 000+ companies have been founded by MIT Sloan alumni.

MIT Sloan School of Management MBA GMAT

With students and faculty from more than 60 countries, MIT Sloan is a community vibrant in cultural textures. Work experience is not mandatory to apply to MIT Sloan.

MIT Sloan School of Management MBA GMAT
INFORAMTION REQUIRED
by rashi mittal - Sunday, 13 July 2008, 01:01 AM

Hey Dagny,

Information you provided regarding admission procedures to variour elite MBA colleges is really helpful. But can you please elucidate and summarize under one post on ,which all good colleges intake students lacking any work-ex based on GMAT scores and apt time( i mean which part of the year) to apply to the same.

Re: INFORAMTION REQUIRED
by Dagny Taggart - Sunday, 13 July 2008, 03:51 PM
  Hi Rashi,

I am updating all the B Schools once again. Harvard and Wharton should be up next week on the website. I'd like to know your profile before commenting.

Dagny
Re: INFORAMTION REQUIRED
by rashi mittal - Monday, 14 July 2008, 01:25 AM

Hey Dagny,

I'm really thankful for such a quick reply. Can you please let me know ur email id ,so that i can mail you my profile.

Re: MIT Sloan School of Management
by Arpitha D - Tuesday, 4 November 2008, 02:00 PM

Hi Dagny/TotalGadha,

I need help in analyzing whether I should be applying this year, and if I do - to what schools and the application ( essays) in that case.

I am willing to take professional help, but do not know with confidence of any institute that offers what I am looking for. Would it be possible to take your guidance? please let me know, so that I can email you.

Some details of my profile:

GMAT score: 700/5

Work Ex: 2 years 4months as on date at Microsoft, India

Graduation: 9.29/10, BITS-Pilani

Thank you. Regards

Arpitha

by Dagny Taggart - Wednesday, 5 November 2008, 11:00 AM
  Hi Arpitha,

You have a good profile and you can look at all the top B Schools. The only problem is that the first deadline is over and the second deadline is in first week of Jan, which means that you has very less time left to assemble everything and finally apply.  Schools provide third deadlines as well but the maximum chunk gets selected in the first two deadlines so the chances of getting selected in the third deadlines become bleak. Also, are you looking at two year MBA? Considering your work experince of 2+ years, I would not suggest UK and Europe because there the programmes are of 12-18 months so their programmes are rigrous.Hence, the selection criteria of candidates automatically becomes higher. You can very keenly look at ISB and US B schools of course. Now the only decision that you have to take is whether you want to apply this year or next year.

Dagny
by Arpitha D - Thursday, 6 November 2008, 10:25 PM

Thanks Dagny.

I decided to apply this year to get a face of the application process & all the work involved. Hence I think I want to apply for ISB atleast, though the 2nd round app. deadline is on dec 1st. I am looking for a 2year MBA education, though not strongly bent on this as long as the experience is good. Another school I have in mind for this year is MIT. May I have your suggestion in this?. Also, would I be able to receive your assitance in the application process & essay?

Regards

Arpitha

by sushant bhosale - Monday, 15 June 2015, 03:34 PM
  HI
I am planning for Us mba . Aparently how much own finances are required?