New Batches at TathaGat Delhi & Noida!               Directions to CP centre
Wharton Business School, University of Pennsylvania
by Dagny Taggart - Monday, 7 May 2007, 04:30 AM

Are you coming from a rare background and looking for a business school which can prepare you for a very peculiar or extraordinary career path you have planned? Then Wharton Business School is the school you are looking for. Wharton’s MBA program offers nearly 200 electives within Wharton's 11 academic departments, the "largest" selection of any business school. The school has student to faculty ratio of 8, one of the best among the US business schools. Not only that, the school offers the students to combine their business education with study in law or medicine. Here it is ladies and gentlemen, one of the top business schools in US- Wharton Business School, University of Pennsylvania.

Wharton Business School University of Pennsylvania

And if you ever join Wharton Business School, know that your Wharton seniors include Anil Ambani, Chairman, Reliance industries, and Aditya Mittal, President and CFO, Mittal Steel Company.

wharton business school, university of pennsylvania                           

Re: Wharton Business School, University of Pennsylvania
by Rohit Pandey - Thursday, 28 June 2007, 10:05 PM
  hello, Dagny. I want your help in deciding which B-Schools to apply for after my graduation. The main problem is that my GPA is low (6.5/10) and i don't have any no work ex. What are your views about it? Do you think I will get a good school if I have an extraordinary GMAT score? Thanks in advance, help me please!! shy
by Dagny Taggart - Saturday, 30 June 2007, 12:00 PM
  Hi Rohit,

GMAT score is one of the factors that decide your admission to a B School. A good GMAT score increases your probability of getting an admission but it does not guarantees it. There are many other factors that a B School considers before admitting a student-

1) GMAT Score
2) Work Experience
3) Extra Curriculars
4) Resume
5) Transcripts
6) Interview

All these factors are interdependent, say if you have a low GPA and low work exe, you should strive to get an exceptional GMAT Score. Or if you have a low GMAT score but great extra curriculars + good work experience, colleges consider your application.

It is always advisable to work for atleaset two years before you apply for any B School abroad. Average age for an MBA class abroad is 27-28 years. There are B Schools that admit freshers as well but the profiles of these candidates are extremely good. You would also come across certain questions during your interview such as 1) Don't you think it's too early for you to do an MBA?
2) Why should we admit you when we have students with better GPA and better work exe than yours.

I am sure you are looking forward to going to a good B school abroad any not just any B School, I suggest that you work for atleast 2 years after your graduation.

Dagny
by amit sinha - Saturday, 24 November 2007, 12:16 PM

Hi Dagny,
I am Amit kumar sinha. I am an average student of India with an experience of 18 months of sales profile in a U.K based mnc in India. Now, i am thinking to do an M.B.A course, hopefully from the premium institutes. But, i have certain issues that are haunting me and making me upset and disappointed. I belong to a very simple family and my father is a simple government employee. I can't do MBA from any college because, for me that is not only a degree ,but my backbone. I am ready to work hard and score good in Gmat but all i  don't know is that how will i manage to get a loan if i am going for Bschools abroad. I don't want to be called an executive all through my life. I want to be an entrepreneur. So please help me to come out of these quandaries.

1] What is the criteria to get a scholarship? Do they give on the  basis of one's past academic record or his/her Gmat score?
2] Would be i able to get a loan on my own, which doesn't affect to my innocent father?
3] Would be i able to get into top Bschools when i was an average student and if i score well in gmat?
4] Part time jobs are also available for the needy international students?
5] Do i deserve to dream or this will always remain as a day dream? 
Please help me Dagny. I would be eagerly waiting for your kind reply.
helppppppppppppppppppp

thank you

by Dagny Taggart - Sunday, 25 November 2007, 12:03 AM

Hi Amit,

Let me answer to your queries you one by one:-

1] What is the criteria to get a scholarship? Do they give on the  basis of one's past academic record or his/her GMAT score?
There are many things that are considered before giving a scholarship. Good academic record, consistent performance at work place, your growth, GMAT score, achievements etc. are a few of them.

2] Would be i able to get a loan on my own, which doesn't affect to my innocent father?
Yes, you would be able to pay th eloan but be prepared to stay back for another 2-2 1/2 years after completing your MBA so that you can pay back your loan quickly.

3] Would be i able to get into top Bschools when i was an average student and if i score well in gmat?
Not really, GMAT score would be one of the many criteria and not the only one. Personal interview, resume, essays, GMAT score, extra curricular activities and your transcripts together would determine your admission in a particular college.

4] Part time jobs are also available for the needy international students?
You get assistantships and fellowships in the college itself . You would have no time to do a part time job.

5] Do i deserve to dream or this will always remain as a day dream? 
Yes, you definitely deserve to dream and dream big. If you would not dream, you would not reach where you want to .

Dagny
GRE or GMAT s better to apply for MSHRM
by Gayatri Umesh - Wednesday, 1 April 2009, 12:10 AM
  Hi dagny!!!!!!!

I need your help!!!!!!! Which is a better option to apply for MBA and MSHRM program for b schools in US. Should i write GRE or GMAT????
Please guide me.