New Batches at TathaGat Delhi & Noida!
FMS, Delhi: MBA- Management of Services
by Chirag Taneja - Friday, 28 September 2007, 05:04 AM

cat 2007 cat 2008 FMS MBA-MS mba 2008 fms 2008The pioneer in management education in India, Faculty of Management Studies, University of Delhi launched its first MBA programme in the year 1954. In its golden jubilee year, FMS reiterated its pioneering spirit by launching the MBA- Management of Services Two year Full Time programme. The course was designed to bridge the gap between the demand and supply of managers for the rapidly growing service sector. The core courses in MBA (MS) are not very different from those in the full-time MBA, but from the beginning itself the students are sensitized about the services sector in these courses. The full-time MBA has some electives focused on the services sector, which are compulsory courses in the MBA (MS).

About the Programme
MBA (MS) is designed to create Excellence Leaders in the fast growing services sector. First of its kind, it is a regular full-time MBA programme geared towards fulfilling the needs of creating business leaders in:
• All professionally managed companies in the service sector with particular focus to MNCs who have entered India or are planning to enter India.
• Indian companies aiming to globalize their services
• Public systems undergoing privatization and restructuring
• NGOs and professional bodies

mba cat

In the initial years, the aim of the MBA (MS) is to attract a range of institutions looking for future leaders in the service sector primarily from:
• Financial services
• Health care services
• Information Technology Services
• Hospitality and Transportation Services
• Public Services

cat mba

Identity of the Programme
The programme of MBA (MS) is one of the pioneering programmes in
India offered by FMS at the South Campus- University of Delhi. Like it does in other programmes (MBA-FT, MBA-PT, MBA- HCA and Doctoral Programmes), FMS as a whole is responsible for academic governance and delivery of this MBA (MS) programme. The Dean of FMS, who is the ex-officio Director of Shanti Prasad Jain Advanced Management Research Centre, will provide the overall academic leadership of the programme; the Professor-in-Charge of the South Campus Centre of FMS will be the administrative head for this programme.

Test Accepted

The entrance exam for the MBA (MS) and full-time MBA is the same. This year, for the first time, candidates taking the FMS Entrance Test will get scorecards of their overall and sectional percentile ranks, as revealed by Prof JK Mitra, Dean of FMS.

Campus

The MBA (MS) runs from the South Campus and in a few years, the administration is planning to shift FMS completely to the South Campus and integrate campuses for all its courses.

Placements

The recruiters for MBA (MS) students are the same as that for full-time MBA students.

Chirag Taneja is currently pursuing his MBA from FMS, Delhi
Re: FMS, Delhi: MBA- Management of Services
by Rishi Kapoor - Friday, 28 September 2007, 05:19 AM

Thanks for these valuable informations...

Does FMS takes inexperienced students...

I have done JOURNALISM AND MASS COMMUNICATION in graduation and don't have any functional experience. If I do well in FMS test, then what are my chances to get admission???

I have seen that last year most of the students were from Engineering background and most of them were from same college (NSIT, Delhi).

by SS VV - Friday, 28 September 2007, 02:54 PM

hmmm...the fact that most 'intake's' consist's of engineering students is a real bummer......still where thr is a will thr is a way my friend

cheers!!

by the underdog - Friday, 28 September 2007, 05:58 PM
  what's this obsessions with engineers? don't they know that us non-engineers understand business better? hehe.

*ducks for flying objects*
by Chirag Taneja - Saturday, 29 September 2007, 01:36 AM

The answer is yes! FMS does take in freshers
the chances of getting admission is a factor of how well u do in the Entrance test and the subsequent GD/PI
the reason most selected candidates are engineers is attributed to the sheer number of engineers who take these entrances. Its the case in all B Schools be it FMS or IIMs....
all u need to do is put max effort and be focussed...
by born survivor - Sunday, 30 September 2007, 07:29 PM
  hi dagny
eligibilty criteria for FMS is 60% for engg...i dont have that much as my aggregate is 55%...
does it mean that i cant apply
pls reply
by Dagny Taggart - Monday, 1 October 2007, 01:44 PM
  Hi Manish,

To apply to any college, you need to fulfill the eligibility criteria.I am afraid that you would not be able to apply to FMS.

Dagny
by Guruprasad SP - Tuesday, 2 October 2007, 08:19 AM

Hi Chirag,

Could you please let me know when is the test conducted and when can I expect the application form.

Also let me know does this Institute follow a perticular pattern in its Exam paper.

Thanks

by david alfonso - Wednesday, 3 October 2007, 03:45 PM
  Can anyone describe the entrance exam pattern of FMS ?

Thanks a ton in advance

and i think i must admit that TG is a great help for all CAT aspirants... keep up the good work guys...

by Dagny Taggart - Wednesday, 3 October 2007, 03:59 PM
  Hi David,

Follow the link:-

http://totalgadha.com/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=886

Dagny
by Chirag Taneja - Saturday, 27 October 2007, 02:09 PM
  Hi Guruprasad,

I dont know the exact date as to when is the exam scheduled but you can always check it on fms.edu

The structure of the paper last year was as follows:

English Usage: 21 questions
Reading Comprehension: 36 questions
Analytical and Logical Reasoning: 59 questions
Data Interpretation: 10 questions
Quantitative Aptitude: 49 questions

There were 4 marks for each correct answer and -1 for an incorrect one

Chirag
Class of 2009
FMS MBA(Management of Services)
by Tuhin Banerjee - Monday, 24 December 2007, 12:25 PM

Hi Chirag,

Could u please tell me the

1. cut off  MBA ( MS )  and  MBA normal is same or they differ.

2. Ratio of students call for  GD & PI and students finally selected.

3. Is there any sectional cut off.

4. What about the weightage of experince people having 4yrs. of EXp.  in a big MNC.

Hopefully u will comply with my request.

by Chirag Taneja - Tuesday, 25 December 2007, 02:14 AM
  Hi Tuhin,

I hope the preps are going pretty fine.

1. Cutoff for MBA(MS) and the normal MBA program do differ because of the fact that there are less seats in MBA (MS) and more or less same no of applicants. Last year, although nothing official, cutoff of MBA (MS) was higher than MBA normal program.
  2. Ratio of students called for MBA as well as MBA (MS) program roughly remain the same in the range of 1:6 to 1:7
  3. Yeah this time FMS has specified that there would be sectional cutoffs and it would be releasing percentiles as well.
  4. Experience as in any other B school do get a certain amount of weightage but more or less depends upon how u perform in the written test and GD/PI
I hope i have answered all your queries if u have any more then please shoot. I would love to answer them.

Chirag
FMS (Management of Services)
Class of 2009
by Tuhin Banerjee - Wednesday, 2 January 2008, 04:41 PM

Thanks Chirag. This information will be   helpful during permutation and combination of prepartion.

by Honey Singh - Monday, 7 July 2008, 12:23 PM

Hi Dagny,

Thanks for all ur Info.

I want to knw if anyone who has done BA (corraspondence) from a recognized University eligible for FMS??

Also it would be gr8 if u tell me about those B-schools where a correspondance degree is not accepted!!!!!!

Regards

Navjot

by Honey Singh - Thursday, 10 July 2008, 03:08 PM

Hi Chirag,

I want to knw if anyone who has done BA (corraspondence) from a recognized University eligible for FMS??

Also it would be gr8 if u tell me about those B-schools where a correspondance degree is not accepted!!!!!!

Regards

Navjot

by Ashish Sharma - Monday, 8 September 2008, 11:53 PM

Hi all,

where can i find last few years papers of FMS.....

please reply....thanks in advance...

by jasmeet bedi - Thursday, 2 October 2008, 07:25 PM

hi.Chirag..

can u plz..tell m abt..the selection criteria,,at FMS...i mean is dere any preference for any..particular..course...at UG level...or ny preference..for DU students..?

vidhi.. 

by tgdel55 tg - Sunday, 13 February 2011, 11:34 PM
  Hi Chirag
Thanks a ton for the information.I am a B.Tech 3rd yr student and currently preparing for CAT. I read the MBA full time programme structure at the fms site .The sheer number of subjects and their ,if I may say, complexity has made me think if I should go for an MBA degree right after my graduation or after getting some work experience?Can you advise me on this?
by jg hbhhbbh - Tuesday, 19 April 2011, 11:20 PM

hello brother

here are my details

10th-72%

12th-69.6%

BE-59.8%

work ex-18months

but i know i can score 99.5+percentile without taking much pain.infact i have scored 97% without paying any effort but this time i want to work hard to get in iims and 2-3 other good colleges.

so,i have only one question

can i think of taking admission in abovementioned colleges.

and if yes, then at what percentile it would be possible.

i have to wash my all academic sinssmile. so plzplzplz guide

by Prashant Choudhary - Friday, 3 August 2012, 09:04 PM
  I have got 2 queries :
1. Since the ending of FMS exam what is the process of Admission now.(earlier used to take the marks of the entrance exam along with GD-PI)
2. What kind of cutoff can be expected for FMS.
by arsh arora - Saturday, 4 August 2012, 01:29 AM

hi prashant,

Now admission to FMS will be solely through CAT exam followed by gd pi , extempore!!...last yr cut off was arnd 98 percentile for getting shortlisted...hope it helps.