New Batches at TathaGat Delhi & Noida!               Directions to CP centre
Mudra Institute of Communications (MICA), Ahmedabad
by Dagny Taggart - Friday, 24 August 2007, 11:28 PM

cat 2007 mba 2008 cat 2008 xat 2008 mica gmatStarted in 1991, Mudra Institute of Communications, Ahmedabad (MICA) is an autonomous non-profit management education institution.  MICA has set a precedent as the first residential academic institution in the country and perhaps in the Asia-Pacific region wholly dedicated to meeting the needs of the integrated marketing communications industry. Today, it is the alma mater of professionals who are serving in the marketing, marketing research, advertising and media sectors, and emerging communications-driven businesses such as broadcasting, retail and design communication, and public relations and event and entertainment management.

Name: Mudra Institute Of Communication- Ahmedabad
Director-
Atul Tandan
Email: admissions@mica.ac.in
Address: MICA
, Shela, Ahmedabad - 380 058, Gujarat, India
Tel: +91 2717 308250,

Fax: +91 2717 237945

Programmes:

Post Graduate Diploma in Communications Management
Executive Diploma Programme in Media Management (with Direcway Global Education)
Executive Diploma Programme in Data Analytics (with Direcway Global Education)
Professional Programme in Visual Merchandising and Creative Communications
Certificate Programme in Managing Integrated Media in Association with Advertising Club
Madras (CPMIM)
Postgraduate Programme in Retail Communications Management (PGRCM)

Eligibility Criteria:

To be eligible for the PGPCM, the basic qualification required is a three-year / four year Bachelor’s degree (as in the 10 + 2 + 3 (4) system with a minimum of 50%) or an equivalent qualification in any discipline recognised by the Association of Indian Universities. Candidates appearing for the final examination of Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) can also apply.

The PGPCM intake is 120 students in two batches.

Test Accepted: All candidats seeking admission to the PGPCM are required to take CAT (GMAT for NRI & foreign students) as the first step.

NRIs and Foreign Nationals are eligible to appear for the MICA Test (MICAT) without taking CAT subject to clearing GMAT.

All the candidates on the shortlist are required to take the MICAT, and participate in the Group Exercise and the Personal Interview. (i) The MICAT is a classroom exam of about 90 minutes’ duration, designed to test the candidate’s aptitude and orientation towards communications professions. (ii) The group exercise is given to a group of 8–10 students who will discuss and finalize their findings. It tests the clarity of the thought process, verbal presentation skills, lateral thinking and the comfort level of the candidate in a group situation. (iii) The personal interview helps to determine the suitability of the candidate for the PGPCM and the industry.

Institute Facts (Infra, Activities etc.)

MICA has Memoranda of Understanding with several international institutions- ESCEM, School of Business and Management, France; Nanyang Technological University, Singapore; University of Central England, Birmingham, UK; Florida State University, USA; London College of Communication, UK; University of Texas, USA; University of Southampton, UK; University of Asia and the Pacific, Manila, Philippines, and; Vietnam Marcom, HCM City, Vietnam. MICA is also a Fulbright Affiliate Institute as well as an approved and accredited partner of the Chartered Institute of Marketing, UK.These memoranda provide for student exchange programmes, a number of which are currently active, with international students on campus, and a number of MICA's students abroad in these institutes.

The PGPCM is a two-year residential programme. Each academic year begins in July and ends in March of the following year. An academic year is divided into three terms of 12 weeks each. The summer vacation at the end of the first year is usually devoted to industry internship. Placement activities commence towards the end of the second academic year.

MICA offers students concentrations in Brand Management, Account Planning and Management, Marketing Research, Media Management and the emerging disciplines of Public Relations, and Broadcasting, Design and Retail Communications.

MICA offers short duration courses focusing on communication processes in media houses, like the Crafting Creative Communications programme for 6 months, focusing on Art Direction and Copywriting for Advertising agencies.

Located a stone’s throw from the city of Ahmedabad, MICA’s beautiful campus has all the modern facilities and amenities of any institution of international repute. Students are encouraged to pursue varied interests, both cultural and academic. Alliance Francaise offers French lessons to students on campus. Students can also access cultural institutions from other countries, like the British Council Library, in Ahmedabad city.

On Campus Activities:

MICA LECTURE SERIES (MLS) - From time to time the institute offers insights into the workings of Corporate India by bringing in eminent personalities from industry to address the students on issues relating to organisational excellence.
MICAMINDS -The student consultancy arm.

MICANVAS- The annual students’ meet.
MODEL SERVICE CENTRES - Model Service Centres, under the aegis of the Entrepreneurship Development Centre give the students direct exposure to a business environment and encourage them to take entrepreneurial initiatives.

SANKALP – The Theatre Society
BLACK COFFEE-The in-house magazine

TRINETRA – The Movies Society
Mess Committee -The mess Committee is an independent student body that oversees the regular functioning of the mess ensuring that quality and variety of the daily food is manitained.
Team Interface-The student managed PR cell of MICA.
CultComm- The Cultural Community of MICA
CompComm-The Computer Committee
SCAM- The Sports Committee at MICA

MICA: Interview and MICAT Questions and GD Topics
by Dagny Taggart - Friday, 24 August 2007, 11:04 PM
  Hi All,

Please find the interview questions, MICAT questions and GD Topics for MICA in the file.

Dagny
MICA: Placement statistics
by Dagny Taggart - Friday, 24 August 2007, 11:01 PM
  Hi All,

Please find the placement statistics for MICA in the file.

Dagny
Re: Mudra Institute of Communications (MICA), Ahmedabad
by Arun Paliwal - Monday, 27 August 2007, 01:12 PM
  Beautifully written article . Thanks for all the information  .
by Raj Shaker - Friday, 31 August 2007, 11:28 PM
  What was the cutoff score for MICA this year  taking CAT 2006 into consideration?
by shreenath Kutty - Saturday, 1 September 2007, 06:13 PM
  hi TG,
 I have a question. is it true tat MICA attaches greater significance to a candidate's verbal score , even if the quant score isnt too good ??thoughtful
by Dagny Taggart - Sunday, 2 September 2007, 12:55 PM
  Hi Sreenath and Raj,

It is just a misconception that Verbal score is given more weightage in MICA but MICAT tests your creative and analytical writing skills, where a candidate with a command in verbal will have an edge.
This year most students who had percentiles more than 90 have got a call from MICA but there were students have have got calls at 87 and 89 percentiles as well but in that case other things such as a strong academic record or a good number of work experience has come into play.

Dagny
by Dagny Taggart - Sunday, 2 September 2007, 12:56 PM
  Thanks Arun smile
by Veronica Lodge - Sunday, 2 September 2007, 01:03 PM
  Hi Dagny,

I found MICAT papers on the net, I am uploading them here. I hope they will be useful.

Veronica
by Veronica Lodge - Sunday, 2 September 2007, 01:04 PM
  Another one cool
by viswateja surapaneni - Tuesday, 4 September 2007, 06:34 PM

Hi Dagny,

I have 3 yrs of work ex in power sector, I don't have marketing back ground.will it b a deterrent for me when i appear for MICA test/interview?

by Dagny Taggart - Wednesday, 5 September 2007, 03:44 AM
  Hey Veronica,

Thanks a lot smile

Dagny
by Dagny Taggart - Wednesday, 5 September 2007, 04:00 AM
  Hi Vishwateja,

You need to perform well in MICAT and interview and that's it. smile

Dagny
by the underdog - Wednesday, 5 September 2007, 12:15 PM
  I thought MICA took CAT scores! Is MICAT a separate exam?!
by viswateja surapaneni - Wednesday, 5 September 2007, 04:51 PM
  Thank u Dagny
by Fiona L - Friday, 5 September 2008, 11:22 PM

Hi,

What was the cutoff score for MICA this year?

Re: MICA: Interview and MICAT Questions and GD Topics
by krishna Dendukuri - Saturday, 17 January 2009, 08:12 PM
  Hi,

I am krishna, got a %tile of 92.
So i am planmning to apply for some B-schools.
In this process I came to know about MICA.
So can I get any contact form this B-school for future ref.

My mail id: krishnachaitanyad@infotechsw.com

Expecting a reply soon.

Thanks & regds,
Krishna.
by Saikat Dasgupta - Tuesday, 8 September 2009, 01:07 PM

Dear TG

HAd a doubt. I have been preparing for MBA very dedicatedly but have a small fear regarding the eligibility criteria.

I have completed by 3 year Diploma in Mechanical Engg. From BTE, Delhi in 2002. Subsequently i had been selected in one of the top Auto Company of the country and am working there since that. During this period i had completed my graduation in 2007 (Correspondence) from Indian Institute of Industrial Engg, Mumbai (Recognised by Ministry of HRD)

Please guide me whether i am eligible for top B Schools enterance exams.

by Dagny Taggart - Thursday, 24 September 2009, 03:36 AM
  Hi Saikat,

You are eligible. However i don't think you would be eligible for SNAP.

Dagny
hey
by chandani mahidhar - Tuesday, 27 October 2009, 04:11 PM
  hi... could u pls help me with the fee structure of mica??

thanks a lot. tc....
by janardan wagh - Monday, 22 February 2010, 08:17 AM
  Where can i get MICAT paper solutions?
Thanks.
by payal padhy - Wednesday, 18 August 2010, 05:07 PM
  Hi Dagny Mam,

I appeared for last year's MICAT but couldn't get through.Could you please tell me how one should proceed with the preparation for this test as it is different from other exams.I need help regarding the psychometric tests and the descriptive section.Also can you tell me which is the best source to gather knowledge about the advertising world.

Eagerly waiting for your reply

Regards,
Payal
Re: MICA: Placement statistics
by apple appli - Thursday, 6 January 2011, 01:18 PM

hello guyz...

plz suggest what all should i do to prepare for micat in this one month period..i mean evrythin from writing essays to psychometric tests..what should be my strategy for preparations and from where can i get all the previous year papers and study material for the same smile

by abhinav tandon - Monday, 24 January 2011, 11:17 AM
  does anyone has mica 2010 ques paper?
by Nidhi Girdhar - Wednesday, 5 September 2012, 03:37 PM
  MICA holds its own test or consider CAT score? wat was d cut off last year?
by Lokesh Sharma - Sunday, 25 November 2012, 04:01 PM
  MICA usually uses CAT score as a screening mechanism to declare list of students eligible to appear for their subsequent selection procedure.